Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Men prefer being solo......

Men prefer being solo......

In a recent study done in US it has been revealed that the MEN prefer being solo over a bad marriage.
    During a survey conducted on 1500 men in US it was concluded that the men are 10 times more scared of marrying the wrong person then of never getting married at all.
    Men are not afraid of marriage but they are afraid of a bad marriage.

During the on line survey it was revealed that 8% of the bachelors never want to marry, 62% want to marry but out of which half won’t settle for anything less then perfection and about 30% are on the fence.

72% of the respondents said that they were not afraid of marriage; about half of them said that the situation that scared them most was marrying the wrong person.

In India , the number of divorces between young couples is also shooting up. This is happening either for career, self esteem or in the search of an independent identity (perhaps, as no data is available)

Such things/ incidents in the society are leaving a bad impression on the minds of both males and females making both the categories apprehensive about marriage.

The point behind putting this topic here is to understand the mind of today’s youth that … Are the men and women of India are really scared about marriage ? Both men and women prefer to stay single ?

Lets share our views on the subject……………….

Rahul, I read somewhere"Certainly it is wise to seek the advice of experts. But stay away from anyone who promises to do your thinking for you"
    Ek karan ye bhi ho sakta hai....

Quote Originally Posted by ahlwit View Post
    In a recent study done in US it has been revealed that the MEN prefer being solo over a bad marriage.
    During a survey conducted on 1500 men in US it was concluded that the men are 10 times more scared of marrying the wrong person then of never getting married at all.
    Men are not afraid of marriage but they are afraid of a bad marriage.

During the on line survey it was revealed that 8% of the bachelors never want to marry, 62% want to marry but out of which half won’t settle for anything less then perfection and about 30% are on the fence.

72% of the respondents said that they were not afraid of marriage; about half of them said that the situation that scared them most was marrying the wrong person.

In India , the number of divorces between young couples is also shooting up. This is happening either for career, self esteem or in the search of an independent identity (perhaps, as no data is available)

Such things/ incidents in the society are leaving a bad impression on the minds of both males and females making both the categories apprehensive about marriage.

The point behind putting this topic here is to understand the mind of today’s youth that … Are the men and women of India are really scared about marriage ? Both men and women prefer to stay single ?

Count me in, in the list of those americans who chose to being solo than a bad marriage
    Last edited by dkumars; June 3rd, 2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: yu hi

dear bro, at the outset, i wud say tht there is no comparison btwn indian nd american cultures...u hv mixed two different extremes to one subject, hwever the subject definitely calls for a constructive discussion.

i dont know wats the opinion of others, but i feel tht one of the major reason is the awakening of females in india. despite of the fact tht we still hear the headlines abt atrocities on females, f
    emale infanticide, sati, sexual harassment, PM'ing :p:D and many more...the fact hwever remains tht there has bn a marked improvement in the awareness among the females...having said so, i must confess tht i'm talking abt urban females, nd here only u'll c the rise in the cases of divorce.

many ppl can blame it on
    breakdown of families, the loss of family values and the influence of the west. but to me, the rising rate of divorces is a trend to celebrate. it is the single best statistical indicator we have of the empowerment of women. rising divorce rates tell us one thing for sure...that more and more women are finding the ways, the means, and the independence, to walk out of bad marriages and live life on their own terms. if we judge ourselves as a society on the state of our women (and surely that must be a parameter) then this is good news. we do not need to credit either feminism or western culture for this.

in my personal opinion, wch will be argued by many over here...i personally feel tht a love cum arrange marriage (i dont mind if tht calls for inter-caste marriage) is the best option...there can be lots of social taboos nd stigma attached to this thinking, but then u must remember tht - u only live once...in this perspective i like the western culture where u r going steady with yr (wud be) life partner, nd once you are through knowing each other...u call for a date for marriage.

i do understand tht above thinking cannot b applied in indian culture where family upbringing, social nd moral values play a big role...but i feel tht this wud b the best solution, if u can go into the future. now agn the big Q comes ...r we heading towards WEST...yes, i wud say that this perspective does indicate a western thinking, but when applied in our society it can give u amazing, unexpected results...a perfect blend of western thought in indian society/culture.

remember...if u follow einstein's theory of relativity... e=mc2 ... nd if u can overcome the speed of light, u r going back in time !!!

...i never said tht i am going by einstein's theory of relativity...just thoughts :p:D

Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 3rd, 2008 at 07:42 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

I always advocate 'Single & Happy' approach and wud prefer Beer over Woman any given day !!

Rock on!..
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    I always advocate 'Single & Happy' approach and wud prefer Beer over Woman any given day !!

Rock on!..
    पर भाई...अगर ऐसा किया तो दुनिया वाले जीन ना देंगे...hope u understand wat i mean to say. :tamatar:rock:rock
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 3rd, 2008 at 07:18 PM.

Rock on!..

bete ibb tu naa keh issa ... teri asliyat saamne aan waali hai ibb ... bahut naatak karliya tanne yo beer ka ... bass jaldi hi tera saara parda faash karna hai :D:p
    Tere jissa bhi chupa rustam nahi dekhya kade... mein samjhu tha kuch aur arr tu likada kuch aur .... hmmm:p:D:rock

Angry

Hummm... DK Tolde Datt Jaa, kyun Jatland pe Rumor fela rha hai chhore! aade Rumor ka Humor hone mein time koi na lagta!! :D

Kunse parde ki baat kare hai kumanas aade to aapni life hi Khuli Kitab ss!

Huhhh, I need KF !

tere fer se Latth dena padega!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    bete ibb tu naa keh issa ... teri asliyat saamne aan waali hai ibb ... bahut naatak karliya tanne yo beer ka ... bass jaldi hi tera saara parda faash karna hai
    Tere jissa bhi chupa rustam nahi dekhya kade... mein samjhu tha kuch aur arr tu likada kuch aur .... hmmm:p:D:rock
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Rock on!..
    tu rehn de ib.:D. jib 40-50 saal ka holega na aur atanni geran lagjyaga na tab bera patega tane.. :D:D

isliye bhot holi yeh beer seer ib... aur kisi ek ne to haan keh de ib :D:D
    “Lead me, follow me or get out of my way”

[B]Huhhh,!
    Jit
    Huuhhhhh

Rock on!..

jit bhai i totally agree with u ,
    beer is any day better

Hummm... DK Tolde Datt Jaa, kyun Jatland pe Rumor fela rha hai chhore! aade Rumor ka Humor hone mein time koi na lagta!! :D

Huhhh, I need KF !

tere fer se Latth dena padega!

Rock on
    Jit

Datt ja sabut ke saath karunga parda faash tera ... sab record kar raakhya hai manne tera .. bohat holi beer beer ... KF KF .. datt jaa bete naa teri matta si dhokk di tai bataiye :D:rock

Datt ja sabut ke saath karunga parda faash tera ... sab record kar raakhya hai manne tera .. bohat holi beer beer ... KF KF .. datt jaa bete naa teri matta si dhokk di tai bataiye :D:rock
    Kimi na huwe DK tere se bi :D bera hai manee sara faltu ki dhamki de reha hai tu.. :D kuch hi na kare tu bi.. :thappad ek bi baat nai batane wala tu :D

jit bhai i totally agree with u ,
    beer is any day better
    bhai rahul...aapke thread ka kya yahi theme tha ? :rolleyes:
    this is a classic example of how a thread loses its theme...:p:D:thappad
    guys, pls concentrate on the subject. :rolleyes:

Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 3rd, 2008 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post

sorry.. sach batawo to maine to ib tak pada bi nai ki yeh thread hai kye.. :D actually isi philosophical bate puri ki puri hi sar ke upar se chali ja hai

maie to aise hi scroll down kar reha tha ki jit ka comment pad kar ruka nai gaya reply karne se.. :D:D

BTW really sorry thread ko disha bharmit karne ke liye:-)

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    bhai rahul...aapke thread ka kya yahi theme tha ? :rolleyes:
    this is a classic example of how a thread loses its theme...:p:D:thappad

tewatia ji, i just wanted to know the views of jatland members on the issue

Quote Originally Posted by mukeshkumar007 View Post
    Kimi na huwe DK tere se bi :D bera hai manee sara faltu ki dhamki de reha hai tu.. :D kuch hi na kare tu bi.. :thappad ek bi baat nai batane wala tu :D

bhai Mukesh saboot mil gaye hai ... aur ikathe kar raha hoon ... fer ek dum maarunga .. jukar yo few beer ka naam len joga na reh

Rock on!..
    Jitte !whats wrong with u. Beer and woman ('women') go together !:p

Do we need to teach u ? :tamatar"NO" I am sure.

My way or my way ?

I request our SENIOR memebers to throw some light on this.

Thanks in advance:o

Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    Jitte !whats wrong with u. Beer and woman ('women') go together !:p

Do we need to teach u ? :tamatar"NO" I am sure.

My way or my way ?

bhai Mukesh saboot mil gaye hai ... aur ikathe kar raha hoon ... fer ek dum maarunga .. jukar yo few beer ka naam len joga na reh
    bhai devender,
    i think we were not discussing about beer,
    i will be thankful if we do not deviate from the topic