Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can U bring any good change as an individual in the society

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    Neelam ji

You commented in one of your posts that you wanted to know about

प्रयास कीजिये, वांछित परिणाम अवस्य मिलेंगे!

नीलम जी मेरी सुभ्कम्नाए आपके साथ हैं!

खुश रहो!
    Totally agreeable Sir ....today also, i had a very simple reply regarding the same thing....the person only told me three things :

Initiate with Child ego,
    Proceed with Adult ego,
    and at last React with Parent ego

and the keys of treasury account is in our hands

for sure it gonna help me in many ways alongwith all my Jatland members' worthy thoughts.

with regards
    Neelam

Interesting topic Neelam ji.

One side we indians say "Ekla chalo re" and on other hand we say "Ek akela thak jayega sathi milkar hath badhana"(i guess i got it right), we as a society are also confused it seems.

I read a poem in 10th standard which had these lines - Ek chana kya bhaad phodega Though poem emphasised upon team work but i never thought the same....

It is very important for today's India and its citizens to be confident enough to sustain themselves individually. We all study in best B schools with a motive of joining a MNC at good position, getting a fixed salary per month, being a part of thousands of employee base of the organization and remain satisfied the way we work, this is one kind of generation.

On other side, unfortunately very less in number is a generation who wishes to make a change to society, they wish to do something big in life, they dream they aspire and they commit themselves to a goal and atleast give it a try.
    They might be successful they might fail but they try, ther are called entrepreneurs. All have selfish motives but they start individually and then build a whole society around them. Be it Ambani, Tata, Mittal, all have grown with a selfish motive but INDIVIDUALLY they grew and they have in deed made an impact on society as well.

for me.....

"I will walk alone by the Black Muddy River
    And dream me a dream of my own.
    I will walk alone by the Black Muddy River
    And sing me a song of my own."
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Interesting topic Neelam ji.

One side we indians say "Ekla chalo re" and on other hand we say "Ek akela thak jayega sathi milkar hath badhana"(i guess i got it right), we as a society are also confused it seems.

for me.....

"I will walk alone by the Black Muddy River
    And dream me a dream of my own.
    I will walk alone by the Black Muddy River
    And sing me a song of my own."
    Absolutely Vikas!!...but there are many who'll inspire u, encourage u, and when u walk on the way u'll again find many who'll understand ur value and will surely move with u to share some burden/responsibility......that's the way both these songs want to explain us....

Your opinion is also valueable .....and as usual ur creativity is beautiful

Regards
    Neelam

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    Hello friends,

The topic above was one from our discussion sessions during our B.Ed. personality development programmes....We're given a topic in hindi......'kya akela chana bhaad fod sakta hai?'....and i was on the opponents side....the reasons with which i supported were only acceptable by two persons...one my own teacher and the other person who conducted the whole session....the last comment that i got from them was that....we need to be a part of something to bring that change....very true but still not that acceptable by me.

With the same thought i joined B.Ed. course to bring some better change in the society by doing something in the field of education.

What i feel is the only change could happen through education but what about the changes in education system??????.....the final response of my queries that i heard from every corner is that u can try but u'll find urself helpless and that's very true as the same reflected to me every corner i looked upon..untill and unless one feels from inside to learn and adopt the right method no good change can be thought of.

But again,my teachers called me to develop a belief of bringing some change in my thoughts.....i listened to them but not so convinced again. Actually i'm not getting the exact answer to my all questions.

People only relate teaching with specific subjects and a job in some reputed school. Just b'coz of status.....when my friends ask me what subject u gonna teach....i reply commerce at +2 level...this impress them a lot but exactly i'm not going to do that....i've some other big idea but don't know whether i'll be successful to start and take it ahead. Only my siblings knew about it.

Now i would like to have ur ideas upon this....how much do u agree with this statement and how much u oppose it...i need clarifications also.

waiting for ur replies
    neelam

Well will reply in detail but my answer would be YES!

Even if you change yourself thats a change! I guess we are not talking of a certain quantity of change!

You can take my answer in a light vein or it can be philosophically interpreted as well!

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Well will reply in detail but my answer would be YES!

Even if you change yourself thats a change! I guess we are not talking of a certain quantity of change!

You can take my answer in a light vein or it can be philosophically interpreted as well!
    how intelligent!! ....i'm impressed by your this simple approach reply....when we're busy discussing it as a complicated issue u came out with a simple down-to-earth response expressed within a sentence....good going!!

Regards
    Neelam

Thumbs up

Dear madam
    i do agree that a single indl can make alot of differance in society
    i do believe always remember in DEE i.e firstly dream about a thing which suits yourself,secondly put your best efforts and lastly donot forget to enjoy
    vijay

Login to view details.
    Hi Neelam, thanks for the appreciation , but for me that was obvious. The dilemma you are facing or you faced while starting the thread has come to me as well some time in past.

I tried reading the posts of the people who have opined here, for sure you have got enough motivation to carry on. So i would not rationalise the path rather i would just give my inputs on how i would think being put into your situation or how i have thought when put into similar kinds of situation.

Just a small comment to everybody on the "thread" : Highlighting the problem is an integral part of solving the problem. Einstein said that given an hour to solve a problem he would rather dwell 55 minutes on the know-hows of the problem. But we must not get confused by similar quotes , because genuis ( Einstein and similar guys) would solve the problem in the remaining 5 minutes. So if you are not a genius ( and its pretty individualistic to decide on this) , please make arrangements to get closer to the solution. Always in the highlighting mode ( hyping the problems ) is kind of stating the obvious!
    I myself believe that in today's world , problems have become so big that it is only fascinating while we keep talking about problems. People who always keep projecting the problem look genius and masters! So a word of caution is important here becasue ultimatley you wish to solve the problems.

I hope the message is absorbed by the intended reciepients. In any case i can just hope.

Coming to the question Neelam Ji raised , and as some others clarified , i ebleive not everyone is a leader here , there are people who only want to follow , so there should not be a hesitation while taking the innovator's seat(role).
    The importance is of sustainability. One of the great lessons i kept from a humanities course in my course work is that we can generate happiness ( thats not difficult) , the difficult part is to sustain it!
    Similar is the path by the people who start out as ventur-ers. But more importantly they need to sustain their efforts.
    Personally the role of a teacher is even more highlighted and elevated. Because i can never forget teachings from my teachers who were kind , good ( in their subjects or otherwise). Students tend to be more attentive to those who they like. So the role is a much tougher and words need be more balanced.

And i keep it pretty simple , even if i would be able to do "some"( And i deliberately put this as vague , with an floor but not a cap) good , thats worth the effort!

Smile

i dont think my opinion should carry greater significance

but i feel everyone in this world wants to bring about a revolution and change the world but no one wants to change himself or do the little he can straight away.

small things we do can bring change.

as is said "be the change you want to see in others"

i have often mentioned these points-
    1. make sure everyone you meet during day goes happy i.e you give positive enthusiasm to everyone and not discourage.
    2. motivate everyone including yourself
    3. dont throw garbage on road. if you see some one throwing tell them.
    4. dont talk bad about your country, society and community. Constructive criticism is fine.
    5. donot resort to dislike/hate. it will rule your mind.
    6. do whatever little you can, where ever you can and in what ever small ways you can.

no war in this world is won by generals, it is won by soldiers, we need lots and lots of soldiers. soldiers who breed soldiers. the enemy within in our society is the biggest enemy, we have to fight with. One who (the society which) fights with self and shortcomings of self, always wins. Those who fight with others always lose.

"कर्मंयेवाधिकरास्ते = कर्मणि एव अधिकार: ते = कर्म करनें में ही अधिकार है तुम्हारा"

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by navingulia View Post
    i dont think my opinion should carry greater significance

but i feel everyone in this world wants to bring about a revolution and change the world but no one wants to change himself or do the little he can straight away.

small things we do can bring change.

as is said "be the change you want to see in others"

i have often mentioned these points-
    1. make sure everyone you meet during day goes happy i.e you give positive enthusiasm to everyone and not discourage.
    2. motivate everyone including yourself
    3. dont throw garbage on road. if you see some one throwing tell them.
    4. dont talk bad about your country, society and community. Constructive criticism is fine.
    5. donot resort to dislike/hate. it will rule your mind.
    6. do whatever little you can, where ever you can and in what ever small ways you can.

no war in this world is won by generals, it is won by soldiers, we need lots and lots of soldiers. soldiers who breed soldiers. the enemy within in our society is the biggest enemy, we have to fight with. One who (the society which) fights with self and shortcomings of self, always wins. Those who fight with others always lose.
    Thats what i appreciate about you Navin and life in general!

Solutions !!! Even if meagre , we need solutions and no more questions highlighting!

People have turned smart enough for knowing the questions. It s the solutions thats the need of hour!

i wanted to have my thoughts on this thread very initially…nd started off jocularly…soon enuff I realized my folly :p nd erased the contents posted earlier by me.
    reason : i found this thread to b very sincere nd called for a decent brainstorming session.

i guess, m too late to opine on the subject. hwever, after going thru all the previous post i conclude tht the answer lies in the few initial posts…i refer to posts 5, 6 & 7....but still i wud like to put my opinion in my words...having said so i guess, i wud find myself safe to support ms. Neelam’s pt. of view…in fact thts my pt. of view as well. :D

no doubt history is full of examples of so many individual tht hv brought the change in the society single handedly…just to name a few…gandhi, subhash chandra bose, nelson mandela, raja rammohan roy etc etc.

wat was their strength ???

1. the will of an individual: as rightly said by dev bhaisaheb… idea takes shape in a single head.
    2. determination to carry forward the idea against all odds.
    3. implementation, to bring masses together nd proceed ahead with conviction nd determination. here agn there has to be a vry gud reason for masses as well to go for the change…gandhiji in those days got tht following, mandela also found his following to fight for the apartheid…reason...the masses too had the will nd the spark was ignited by gandhiji/mandela respectively. these 2 gr8 souls were able to touch the masses…nd tht’s wat made the difference.

but in todays scenario, as rightly said by neelam earlier…the ground realities r different, a true and ethical person is dragged in to do all sort of unacceptable evils, as such u’ll find more leg pullers then supporters. nxt cums an individual’s personal fears…here i mean his family nd all…u’ll find quite a few examples where an individual tried to raise his voice against all odds…eventually meeting his pre-determined fate.

our role : all we can hope to control is our own thoughts nd actions...realizing this, we will not act with the pre-conceived notion that we will change others. we simply nd sincerely do the best we can. in this way, we are acting from our true nature. with sincerity and selflessness, we will avoid becoming disheartened and will actually have the best chance of touching others. touching others, we can make a difference as quoted by me above citing the example of gandhiji/mandela...putting it in other words, i wud say tht i look for the north star, and i go to the north...tht does not mean i expect to arrive at the north star. i just want to go in that direction.

summing up my views, i wud like to put my thoughts to the analogy of voting. y wud one person vote when his single vote won't sway the election? we vote so that we can feel empowered nd because our individual votes add up to a lot nd when combined can cause radical change. the same analogy goes for the change, be it social or political. when you cast yr. vote, be it in a booth, or thru your own actions, or thru your deeds…u r voting for your values…nd while doing so the worst thing an individual can do is allow frustration to turn into apathy...
    ...having forwarded this analogy of voting, i hv assumed a perfect democratic environment to conclude tht...yes it is possible tht...ek akela chana bhaad fod sakta hai...it reminds me of a documentary tht i use to c, when i was small...1 tithli, anek tithliyaan, 1 gilhari anek gilhariyaan
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 10th, 2008 at 09:23 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Smile

i'm extremely happy to recieve everybody's worthy opinions....u all through your responses not only cleared my view-point but also gave me a true motivation to take the task ahead confidently and definitely if i had given some thought, i'll also work upon it....no matter how difficult it would be/ how long it will take/ how successful it would be....etc. etc....my aim is to put my best efforts....

....and for sure if i've found people who can come fwd to share their high, infact simple & great opinions then i'll also find the people who'll help me in the way

Regards To All
    Neelam

Login to view details.
    Siddharth, this is really funny. i have been reading the humor section, but this made me laugh. Population is an issue with u!!! From the land of over consumption!!!! You are so psyched!! But so right. I think it was more a sporting activity with our fore fathers, cos I work with a lot of labour class people, most of them have just a couple of kids. It's our fore-fathers who've done the damage. And the mothers along with them!!!

Login to view details.
    Good thoughts Navin. I hope more people read them.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    i'm extremely happy to recieve everybody's worthy opinions....u all through your responses not only cleared my view-point but also gave me a true motivation to take the task ahead confidently and definitely if i had given some thought, i'll also work upon it....no matter how difficult it would be/ how long it will take/ how successful it would be....etc. etc....my aim is to put my best efforts....

....and for sure if i've found people who can come fwd to share their high, infact simple & great opinions then i'll also find the people who'll help me in the way

Regards To All
    Neelam
    Very nice Neelam, If u have dreamed a target than u will achieve it. LAGE RAHO MUNNA BHAI. Worrying about success is actually a demotivating factor. Change in society comes by individuals only. mob cant do anything. Ideas should be implemented correctly and timely. Think, if it is quastion of opinion than give as many arguments as u can , to change the others. But if it is a question of adjusment in soceity at any level /matter than dont argue, change yrself and dont try to change the others. Keep it up , any thing for good cause cant be stopped by anybody.
    If better is possible, then good is not enough

yes ofcourse an individual can bring a good change in society,as said by sum1 earlier if any good idea develops in one's mind he can start working on dat n if he succeed in dat then d masses vll follow him automatically.....

bcoz its a general saying dat if u r capable of proving urself then d masses vll follow u....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JyotiSandhu View Post
    yes ofcourse an individual can bring a good change in society,as said by sum1 earlier if any good idea develops in one's mind he can start working on dat n if he succeed in dat then d masses vll follow him automatically.....

bcoz its a general saying dat if u r capable of proving urself then d masses vll follow u....

Thanks

rightly said ..

any change has to begin with the individual first and then the masses.If I want a certain change in society around me, it is my duty to bring that change in me first and then expect others to follow...guess that's what is called "lead by example".

Quote Originally Posted by nysa View Post
    rightly said ..

any change has to begin with the individual first and then the masses.If I want a certain change in society around me, it is my duty to bring that change in me first and then expect others to follow...guess that's what is called "lead by example".

आपने सही फरमाया Nysa ji जी, हमें समाज में नई चेतना या बदलाव का सूत्रपात तभी कर सकते हैं जब हम पहले उस दिशा में कोई सार्थक पहल करें / अब आप इन महासय को ही देख लीजिये , कितनी सरलता से कितने बड़े काम को अंजाम दे कर, एक सही उदाहरण प्रस्तुत किया है समाज के सामने की किसी सामजिक चेतना के लिए आपको बहुत सारे धन या बल की आवसय्कता नही बल्कि सही लगन और इछासक्ति भरा एक कदम !

कुछ वृक्ष मुझे बेटों जैसे लगते हैं, कुछ माओं जैसे, कुछ बहनों की तरह तो कुछ भाइयों जैसे।

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/nati...l/5_1_4644928/

Cheers!

Right Approach

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    आपने सही फरमाया Nysa ji जी, हमें समाज में नई चेतना या बदलाव का सूत्रपात तभी कर सकते हैं जब हम पहले उस दिशा में कोई सार्थक पहल करें / अब आप इन महासय को ही देख लीजिये , कितनी सरलता से कितने बड़े काम को अंजाम दे कर, एक सही उदाहरण प्रस्तुत किया है समाज के सामने की किसी सामजिक चेतना के लिए आपको बहुत सारे धन या बल की आवसय्कता नही बल्कि सही लगन और इछासक्ति भरा एक कदम !

कुछ वृक्ष मुझे बेटों जैसे लगते हैं, कुछ माओं जैसे, कुछ बहनों की तरह तो कुछ भाइयों जैसे।

http://in.jagran.yahoo.com/news/nati...l/5_1_4644928/

Cheers!

Good post Mr Deshwal. The link provided is quite motivating & appropriate answer of Miss Neelam's query. I hope this link will clear all ur doubts Miss Neelam.

Smile

nodding head.....

regards to all
    Neelam

Akela chana hi bhaad phodta hai

dEAR NEELAM: iF V go back to history , its always have been a single person who ahve bought changes in society, rest others are his/her followers. In todays world one person can bring the changes he wants but it need a good planning and will power to bring that planning in to reality. If u really wanna change this society than u must attain a position high enough to bring that change. Best of luck . Even i have such dreams and i have been planning for last 10 yrs, and someday i ll do what i wanna do in my life.