View Poll Results: Do we Jat really need Reservation?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Agree

77 43.50%
  • Agree

16 9.04%
  • Slightly Agree

9 5.08%
  • Slightly Disagree

4 2.26%
  • Disagree

20 11.30%
  • Strongly Disagree

51 28.81%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Do we Jat really need Reservation ?

Quote Originally Posted by ravichaudhary View Post
    Gentlemen

The impression from the first post is, that this thread is about reservation.

That is the impression I too have

If we go off topic, this thread will be locked.

Paweria ji

To discuss education, an important topic, please use another section.

Ravi Chaudhary
    Dear Sir,

Its not me who said Education not just reservation and I expressed my opinions against your post only. [after 13 months of my first post I got something relevant to the thread and I expressed myself.]

Kind Regards

rajiv
    a very ordinary member

PS: kindly re-read the first post of this thread all examples given there are of entrepreneurs [and then 2nd post of mine]. So I think this is the thread to make our community better with the use of all kind of TOOLS whether its EDUCATION or RESERVATION or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    ????
    strange my post is nothing to do with the topic whereas this thread was started by me for the discussions about Entrepreneurship and Education not to make it the battlefield for anti and pro reservationists what it became ultimately. There were many threads already running for that purpose-then what was the purpose of this thread..................Entrepreneurship only buried in my first and second posts......HAHAHAHAHAHA i do really hate masters
    Even I hate masters and masternis as well...

Anyways, one thing they do teach in Masters' courses is how to title your report. So that if someone picks it, he gets a good idea on what it is about. Imagine you go to a library to pick a nice book. Would you read through the first page and 2nd page of all the books to choose one? Or rather look at the titles? Well, I thought a thread titled "Do we Jat really need reservation" should have something to do with reservation. But apparently not...
    Nice prank though, most members here ended up discussing reservation, while you wanted to discuss enterpreneurship. Ullu banaaya...:D

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

sunildabas (January 31st, 2011)

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Even I hate masters and masternis as well...

Anyways, one thing they do teach in Masters' courses is how to title your report. So that if someone picks it, he gets a good idea on what it is about. Imagine you go to a library to pick a nice book. Would you read through the first page and 2nd page of all the books to choose one? Or rather look at the titles? Well, I thought a thread titled "Do we Jat really need reservation" should have something to do with reservation. But apparently not...
    Nice prank though, most members here ended up discussing reservation, while you wanted to discuss enterpreneurship. Ullu banaaya...:D
    Damn!!!

I was sucked in as well !!

main bhi ullu ban gaya !!

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Damn!!!

yes i also thought the thread is discussing reservation

so the lesson is -

one should read all the postings before jumping in the arena

the thread started on 12th june 2008 ,been discussed for full one year , reached up to length of 23 pages, now anticlimax that we were discussing off topic things.
    Last edited by singhran; July 12th, 2009 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Damn!!!

I was sucked in as well !!

Anil Ji atleast Aap tho Ullu nahin bane.

I know this by your previous posts in this thread.

regards
    rajiv

Quote Originally Posted by singhran View Post
    so the lesson is -
    Get into Details - one of the most important quality of leaders.
    See the topic of the thread and then post your opinions- not just respond to previous post/person. Don't be reactionary.
    Be logical - why there are 6 options if author just wants to collect your opinions whether we need reservation or not - 2 options are enough Yes/No.

Do se Jat really need reservation

The matter of reservation in jobs is to be seen not in the context of the self esteem of our caste or in thegweneral sheme of priority enjoyed by our caste in social hierarchy in most parts of the area of our habitat, but in the context of percentage of average educated persins in our caste and also the percentage of representation of our cast in the central and state services. It is a question more of empowerment through share in governasnce and administration which decides the priorities and execution of projects.The term Backward in this reference need not be literally interpreted and perpetuated. It has already become part of the technical machine. We should welcome reservation, but before that we must work to secure it. It ca not be imagined how effective this provision, if accepted for all regions and in all services. The Rajasthan experience is an eyeopener.The Jats thwere are on the move.

Do we Jat really need Reservation

Yes, jats need reservation for the same reasons which brought reservation for other similar peasant castes even if they were socially comfortable in their areas. Jats need not take it as a socially condescending matter. Agriculture is no more able to accommodate all the jat youth. They must fan out in services. But the national scene is quite well known to be tilted in favour of ther old passengers. New entrants must have god fathers in all departments, which the Jats sadly do not have. Reservation is the only via to let them in. Talent wise they beat all peer groups. More over the ground for reservation is percentage of representation in services, which is ,as is well known quite low in case of jats. They deserve reservation and must get it wherever they have not already got it. The Rajasthan experience makes their case all the more strong. It is not only a matter of jobs, it is also a question of empowerment through participaticipation in administration at senior levels.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drssrana2003 For This Useful Post:

pradeepiisc (January 31st, 2011), sunildabas (January 31st, 2011)

why only reservation why not separate state ?

Why we don't think in higher terms ?

Sirf reservation kyon ? separate state ki demand karo...like Kashmiri Muslims..

& they achieved it by throwing pandits(Bhukhli zat) and their step was right thats why GOD gave them success!

Punjab ke Jat bhi higher soche hain , they never asked for reservation ....seedha separate nation.

---

Why we need a baniya ? a pandat ? a refugee ?

raam raam jaat bhahiyoo...m a new member of dis jatland.com site....i hav read post of all my jat brothers regarding reservation...1 thing i hav noticed is tht all those who r well settled r sayin that we dont need reservation.we just neeed good education.they r sayin dis just coz unhone wo sab nahi dekhaaa jo aab ek kisan ke choree ko deekhna pad raha hai.ye bahut aasan hota hai ki education achi honi chahiyee n reservation lene se jaat chota ho jayegaa.reservation se koi chota nahi hota.yee eek zariyaa hai hamare logo ke liyee apne aap ko stand karne ka.lemme tel me about myself mai jat arakshan sangharsh samiti ka eek active member hu...mai rally mai jata hu eek gaoo se doosree gaoo to deekhta hu ki kaise hamaree jat bhai apna ghar chalanee ko tarass rahee hai..familyy badtii jaa rahi hai n agriculture land ghattti jaaa rahi hai...youngg jat ladke crimee mai ghuss rahe hai coz unkoo naukri nahi miltii...issse purii familyy kharab ho rahi hai....hamareee haryane ke jat bhahiyo ka wohi haal na ho jayee to western UP mai ho raha hai...itni achi population hai waha hamari but 1984 ke baad eek bhi IAS n IPS nahi jaya..jabkii rajasthan mai arakshan milnee ka baad jato ki position kitni achi hoti jaaa rhi hai...for ur kind information rajasthan mai agar 100 post hoti hai obc mai to 98 jat usmai naukri lagte hai.n sabse badi baat ye ki rajasthan mai bharatpur n dholpur ke jato ko arakshan nahi mila coz unka ruler eek jat tha.yee kaisa insaaf hai hamari sarkar kaa?aise to yadav community ko kabhi arakshan nahi milna chahiyee coz woo shri krishan ke wanshajj hai woo ki ek raja thee.kuch logo jo yaha comment karte hai i think unko ko arakshan ka matlab bhi nahi pata hogaa n uska faidaa bhi nahi beeraa hoga..mai bhi 4 saal india se bahar tha iska matlab yee nahi ki mai apnee bhahiyo ko bhool jaoo n ye soochna shuru kar do ki sab meri tarah ho jayee n india se baharr chale jayee..yaha comment karne walo se yehi poochna chahta hu ki kitne logo ne apni life mai ye soocha hoga ki hamare jat bhahiyo ke liyee ache school banwaunga ya college banwaungaaa.m sure kisssi ne nahi..comment to koi bhi airaa gairaa kar sakta hai dum hai to apni community ke liye kuch karke deekhao..maine ye site isliye join ki thi ki mai hamari youth jo cities mai rehti hai unki sooch dekhna chahta thaa..but now i feel sorry jo maine yaha apna time kharab kiyaa.yee baat to pakki hai ki arakshan to hum lekarr rahengee chahee government aaram se dee yaa phirr uskee liyee humeee government mai laathii deni padeee....sirf eek baat kahoonga ki agarr zindagi mai success mil gayee to bahut acha hai but apne se neeche walo ke baaree mai asia mat bolo ki they lack hardwork n education..unki majboori ko samjhoo...thanxx bhahiyoo
    sandeep sahrawat ka ram ram

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cutejaatsandeep For This Useful Post:

ajay86 (January 30th, 2011), deepgill (February 1st, 2011), pradeepiisc (January 31st, 2011), prashantacmet (January 31st, 2011), sunildabas (January 31st, 2011)

jaat bhahiyo ko ram ram.yee dekhkar acha laga ki kuch logo ko meraa ye post acha laga....but m sure cities mai rehnee walee jaato ko nahi lagaa hogaa.maine yaha kissi ke post hai pada tha ki jo seherr mai rehnee wale jaato ko arakshan nahi chahiyee unse jat mahapanchayat n government ko affidavit le lenaa chahiyee yee likhwa kar ki arakshan milne kee baad woo jat iskaa faida nahi uthayengee...bhahiyo haryane mai eek bahut mashoor kahawat hai ki eek jaat ka sabse bada dushmaan koi aur nahi khud jaat hai....sabsee pehle to aise dushmanoo ko khatam karo uske baad jat politican keee juuteee maroo jaise ki ajit singh,chautala.....etcc etc jo ki hume sirf vote ke liye use karte hai.jab woo vote maangnee gaoo mai aayii to unkoo ander ghusne mat do..pehle unse ye poocho ki arakshna ki ladai mai jab mayyar mai hamara ek bhai sunil sheokand shahid huaa tha tab kaha theee?jab delhi ka pani rokee hazaro jaat itni garmi mai muradnagar gaye the tab kaha thee?yee seherr kee jato ko eek baat kehnaa chahta hu ki insaan kitni bhi tarikki paa lee usse apni aukadd nahi bhoolni chahiyee..use yaad rakhna chahiye ki uske poorvajj gaoo se hi belong karte hai.yaha jo jat bhai meri baat se sahmatt hai aur iss arakshan ki ladai se judnaa chahta hai woo kabhi bhi mujhe message kar sakta hai....bhahiyo eek eek boondd see di dariya banta hai..agar aaj hum 100 eek sath ho jaate hai to in 100 ko dekhkarr 10000 aur aa jayengee.agar koi jat bhai mujhse milna chahta hai to kabhi bhi mujhe message kare mai usse apna contact number de doonga..acha jat bhahiyo ram ram

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cutejaatsandeep For This Useful Post:

deepgill (February 1st, 2011)

reservation ki need nahi.. i think jo SC and ST ko mila hai wo bhi khatam kar dena chahiye.
    aur bhi bahut se way hai.below poverty line waalo ko education free deni chahiye.jab education free rahegi graduation tak.Navodya jese hi aur bhi school khole jaane chahiye.reservation koi solution nahi.ye to khud hi 1 badi problem hai.

Quote Originally Posted by cutejaatsandeep View Post
    jaat bhahiyo ko ram ram.yee dekhkar acha laga ki kuch logo ko meraa ye post acha laga....but m sure cities mai rehnee walee jaato ko nahi lagaa hogaa.maine yaha kissi ke post hai pada tha ki jo seherr mai rehnee wale jaato ko arakshan nahi chahiyee unse jat mahapanchayat n government ko affidavit le lenaa chahiyee yee likhwa kar ki arakshan milne kee baad woo jat iskaa faida nahi uthayengee...bhahiyo haryane mai eek bahut mashoor kahawat hai ki eek jaat ka sabse bada dushmaan koi aur nahi khud jaat hai....sabsee pehle to aise dushmanoo ko khatam karo uske baad jat politican keee juuteee maroo jaise ki ajit singh,chautala.....etcc etc jo ki hume sirf vote ke liye use karte hai.jab woo vote maangnee gaoo mai aayii to unkoo ander ghusne mat do..pehle unse ye poocho ki arakshna ki ladai mai jab mayyar mai hamara ek bhai sunil sheokand shahid huaa tha tab kaha theee?jab delhi ka pani rokee hazaro jaat itni garmi mai muradnagar gaye the tab kaha thee?yee seherr kee jato ko eek baat kehnaa chahta hu ki insaan kitni bhi tarikki paa lee usse apni aukadd nahi bhoolni chahiyee..use yaad rakhna chahiye ki uske poorvajj gaoo se hi belong karte hai.yaha jo jat bhai meri baat se sahmatt hai aur iss arakshan ki ladai se judnaa chahta hai woo kabhi bhi mujhe message kar sakta hai....bhahiyo eek eek boondd see di dariya banta hai..agar aaj hum 100 eek sath ho jaate hai to in 100 ko dekhkarr 10000 aur aa jayengee.agar koi jat bhai mujhse milna chahta hai to kabhi bhi mujhe message kare mai usse apna contact number de doonga..acha jat bhahiyo ram ram

tomar ji bahut acha khayal hai apka...but eek baat bata do ki sc st ki reservation khatam honi bahut mushkiill hai...meraa bhi yahi kehna hai ki reservation yaa to purri tarah khatam ho aur khatam nahi hui to jaat bhi arakshan lekarr rahengee phir hume koi kaumm nahi rok sakti.mai kissi aur ki nahi sirf apni as n individual ki baat karta hu ki mai sc st ke reservation ko khatam nahi kar sakta but apne jaat bhahiyo ko arakshan dilwane mai unkaa saath de saktaa hu...soo jo mere haath mai hai woo mai kar raha hu.n i thnk har eek jat ko bhi yehi karna chahiyee..

Quote Originally Posted by cutejaatsandeep View Post
    tomar ji bahut acha khayal hai apka...but eek baat bata do ki sc st ki reservation khatam honi bahut mushkiill hai...meraa bhi yahi kehna hai ki reservation yaa to purri tarah khatam ho aur khatam nahi hui to jaat bhi arakshan lekarr rahengee phir hume koi kaumm nahi rok sakti.mai kissi aur ki nahi sirf apni as n individual ki baat karta hu ki mai sc st ke reservation ko khatam nahi kar sakta but apne jaat bhahiyo ko arakshan dilwane mai unkaa saath de saktaa hu...soo jo mere haath mai hai woo mai kar raha hu.n i thnk har eek jat ko bhi yehi karna chahiyee..

tumhe reservation na mile to s.c. s.t. ki khatam honi chahiye? vaise to dunia ke sabse powerful race , most fertile land ke malik , bahaduri me rustam , are unki halat dekhi hai ? khud apne liye koshish karo ,un becharo ko kyo girana chahte ho?

Strongly Agree

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    For many years, I have been just a reader of these discussions and I got lots of information about my cast JAT. I was born in Bilsoori, Bulandshahr and brought up in Jaipur with mostly Punjabis and Marwaris, so I did not know much about this cast.

Whenever I came to forum,a message always welcomes me
    Rajeev Singh Paweria ! are you sure You have nothing to Say?

And really I had nothing to say, There are so many learned persons giving their valuable opinions, So I was just enjoying them.

Even today, I do not want to say something rather want to know after reading the thread "Jat are making history........"

"do we really need reservation ?"

My daughter is MAITREYI after the name of wife of Yagvalkya ( There are only 300 people in the history of mankind who had Ved-Vision, and 13 among them were Women, Meitreyi was one of them).

My son is Dev Vratha after the name of Bhishma - grandfather of Arjun.

I am afraid if I will avail reservation for my kids, how close would the personalities of my kids to the personalities of real Maitreyi and Dev Vratha?

One side we are saying from RAMA to HARSHAVARDHANA all were Jat and ruled over India for many centuries ( Ref. People on Jatland.com), on other side seeking reservation on the ground of social backwardness. I cannot understand.

And if we will get reservation, as of now I am already in reserved category based on my birth in UP and domicile of Rajasthan, How many Jat children will grow like Kapil Dev, Dharmendra, Sir Chhotu Ram, Charan Singh, Hari Singh Nalawa, Ashoka the Great......................

Maximum they will get a better job....

and Job is job....

A Servant is a Servant from Peon to IAS.
    A Servant can obey his Master only, He can't become a Leader......

And Leaders are must to uplift the community.

Unfortunately modern education can produce only Servants not Leaders...

Punjabis and Sindhis came to India empty handed and now they are doing very well.
    I met many Sindhis families migrated to Indonesia, Singapore, HK during partition. They are doing exceptionally well.
    Birlaji came to Calcutta empty handed, became one of the richest person of India.
    In America in the list of Fortune 500 many Indians names are there among top 50.
    Dr. Deepak Chopra is among 100 top heroes of the century in America.

Once I was flying to London and one Punjabi Jat gentleman met me , he was born and brought up in Singapore and after WWII came to London and served in UK Police, He told me that Jats are different, Even his superiors used to tell him that his thinking and working style is totally different from rest of Indians. And He was awarded for his services by British Police.

Thanks for your precious time.........
    Please don't answer to this post. just think and give your opinion in poll
    I do not know, why there is such a big talk about "Jat Reservation". There is one and only one word "Jats are in the need of big chunck of reservation".

Why?, here are the points:

1. Jats have been agriculturists and army personnel since time immemorial.
    2. Indian economy is going through a change from an agragarian society to a service oriented and industrialized society.
    3. Land holdings for agriculturists have become small, for many it is at sustenance level.
    4. Many Jat families are still living at village level (none or few of their family members have come out of villages and are second of third generation city people).
    5. Agricultural land has been taken over for commercial development.
    6. Often children or educated people coming out of village for first generation do not have any direction and insight for their life in terms of job prospects and city life, therefore reservation provides a place for them to put a firm foot in today´s changing life.

Strong reservation is a MUST and BASIC NEED of time for JATS at this point of time and in future.