Thread: Studying in Australia/UK

Studying in Australia/UK

If anybody has any queries regarding studying in Australia/ UK, please put your questions up on the public forum. I will certainly reply.

Aus Vs UK/US

Hello Aakanksha,

How do you rank professional courses viz. MBA, MS from Australia with some other sought after studying destinations like UK/US etc. ?
    Some added stats would be highly appreciated.

Thanks much for the initiative.

I would not make a comparison between the countries. It depends on the university and what kind of university you are after.

Monash University in Melbourne is one of the best in Australia and is renowned world over for Business Courses. It is more modern. Melbourne University is on the same level, but more 'old school'. However, I think one would gain more from an MBA in London as London is a financial hub and there are more opportunities in the form of wide variety of companies for internships/work, many more companies that come and recruit etc.

The top colleges in the US are excellent as well. But if you are asking for a 'general' opinion, I would not be able to generalise

If you want rankings world over then you can search for world university rankings. The Times Higher Education rankings, US New Rankings etc.

You can also compare course content for various universities to see which one you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevnandal View Post
    Hello Aakanksha,

How do you rank professional courses viz. MBA, MS from Australia with some other sought after studying destinations like UK/US etc. ?
    Some added stats would be highly appreciated.

Thanks much for the initiative.
    Sanju,
    Europe, Oz,Canada and US alltogether have different study patterns so does their way of business if we talk of Management courses.In US generally you get Scholarships while in UK/Australia you are on your own.Since US is the biggest economy so they have an edge over other counteries regarding updation, style and pattern of management.This is what I have understood by being here.Regarding other streams of higher education, preparation exams like TOEFL,GRE GMAT, experience, fee structure, University/college ratings every years, social life,Retention/Job search VISAs, After study Job opprtunities, Study loan schemes,SOP/essays you can get all at this site:-

http://www.infozee.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10751

Its a commendable start from Aakanksha.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Study ki koi baat nahi jisko jo jagah acchi lage waha chale jao.

Study sari jagah bhadiya sai.

Its all about the weather, food, clothes,city u gona live in , clubs and stuff like that.

Money can be made anywhere, u can study anywhere but but but...its a pain when u just think about studies and ignore other things which are actually more important than studies.

Always choose the country and the city , u would love to live in (courses and studies are pretty similar)
    My way or my way ?

i think i disagree with some points of gagan

Sorry gagan i may differ from my little expereince ....i was thinking that I refrain from posting here in Jatland

i think university selection is the first most criteria ....

university in US are much better then any other except i think in london one or two are there like Oxford and cambridge

in US also Ivy leagues shd be preferred .... for those who dont know Ivy leagues means university like Howard . columbia .. MIT ...STANFORD ...AND i think 2 or three are there .... but if u dont get into these dont dishearten .. try to choose some univ which ppl whom u beleieve say are good.....

then comes the life pubs and other things ...i think they shd not be taken care of while selecting ur studies ....

once in school ... choose courses which u might wana learn .. slog it out .. work hard learn .. and dont ever concentrate on part time and alll ...
    things cannot be understood in a day .. when u work day and night theres some point comes when u feel that u know many things .....

when u know the subject .. the whole world is there for u .... work any where slog it out ... ur hard work in the school pays u then ......and not ur pub life and all....

i am believer of exception are always and i cannot be exception
    1) The most successful people fail the most.

but

2) Act as if it is impossible to fail.

Unis like Oxford , cambridge are exceptions.

If the way you think, works for u then its really good.

Quote Originally Posted by naveenbazad View Post
    Sorry gagan i may differ from my little expereince ....i was thinking that I refrain from posting here in Jatland

i think university selection is the first most criteria ....

university in US are much better then any other except i think in london one or two are there like Oxford and cambridge

in US also Ivy leagues shd be preferred .... for those who dont know Ivy leagues means university like Howard . columbia .. MIT ...STANFORD ...AND i think 2 or three are there .... but if u dont get into these dont dishearten .. try to choose some univ which ppl whom u beleieve say are good.....

then comes the life pubs and other things ...i think they shd not be taken care of while selecting ur studies ....

once in school ... choose courses which u might wana learn .. slog it out .. work hard learn .. and dont ever concentrate on part time and alll ...
    things cannot be understood in a day .. when u work day and night theres some point comes when u feel that u know many things .....

when u know the subject .. the whole world is there for u .... work any where slog it out ... ur hard work in the school pays u then ......and not ur pub life and all....

i am believer of exception are always and i cannot be exception
    My way or my way ?