Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Marriage in own gotra now no problem as per Supreme Court

As far as I know, supreme court justice will not enter your house and forcibly get you married off to your cousin. This judgement will have no effect on anybody's life - so relax and don't get your panties in a bunch.

The court came to this decision because in the Indian penal code you cannot marry your biological sister. A woman from the same gotra who is not born to your mother is not your biological sister. Don't come and pounce on me for clarifying things ... and keep your hyperbole to yourself.
    Last edited by sidchhikara; June 20th, 2008 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    As far as I know, supreme court justice will not enter your house and forcibly get you married off to your cousin. This judgement will have no effect on anybody's life - so relax and don't get your panties in a bunch.

It will..assumptions have always baffled people.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by ritu View Post
    genetic diseases thats the main reason behind it.even goras here do not marry thier cousins .its forbidden.
    Have you been to Alabama, Mississippi and the rest of the deep south. Go to West Virginia - there they only marry their cousins !! The family tree does'nt spread too far.

Have you been to Alabama, Mississippi and the rest of the deep south. Go to West Virginia - there they only marry their cousins !! The family tree does'nt spread too far.

I wish all jats could be there........ground realities need to be recognized......May be after 200 years all places are ALABAMs and Mississippis dear.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya View Post
    I wish all jats could be there........ground realities need to be recognized......May be after 200 years all places are ALABAMs and Mississippis dear.
    In the US everybody jokes about these places - they are not the most progressive places - they are frowned upon for their backwardness. I did not express my support for inbreeding in any way.

Answer this - do you expect the Supreme Court to come out with a ruling that you cannot marry your cousins?? That might be possible if it was a Jat Supreme Court. What will happen to Madrasis and muslims? How does this affect Jat community? If somebody married their cousin and were hauled to court for it, do you think the court will dissolve their marriage and send them to jail, I don't think they can do that under the premise of the Indian constitution.

The Supreme Court is not saying anything new ..... this ruling has been a corollary of the Hindu Marriage Act of 1952 since they framed the constitution. If you don't like the Hindu Marriage act, hire a constitutional lawyer and appeal against it.

Here is what I propose, marry Asians (Chinki ones) and Europeans. hehehe .
    The best looking people are mixed races. Some of the hottest girls and handsomemost guys I come across in LA are of mixed origin. Whole of Brazil is an example of how people across races can co exist and can be beautiful.
    Do more, love more

yeah barack obama ko dekh lo
    Quote Originally Posted by sumeetmalik View Post
    The best looking people are mixed races. Some of the hottest girls and handsomemost guys I come across in LA are of mixed origin. Whole of Brazil is an example of how people across races can co exist and can be beautiful.
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

That is a good thread. Very informative. Is it just me or in general our quality of discussions is going down
    Do more, love more

Are you talking to me :)

That is a good thread. Very informative. Is it just me or in general our quality of discussions is going down
    I’m afraid its not just you Sumeet...

Regarding the level of discussion, you may be right partly but then there are new people now and at any given time there is a different set of people here participating in discussions…..but nevertheless, I believe each one of us is along some kind of learning curve….which may or may not be conspicuous……..so that’s one consolation (see, looking at the glass half full...)
    Last edited by poonam; June 21st, 2008 at 05:18 AM.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

As far as I know, supreme court justice will not enter your house and forcibly get you married off to your cousin. This judgement will have no effect on anybody's life - .
    Correct.!
    The way people are panicking is amusing, to say the least..:rolleyes:
    -Mark Twain

Donno why people love speaking for such things? Making hue n cry for this order just ridiculous and people are shouting their mind out as if they have STOOD n SHOUTED against every existing social evil. Li'l bit use of BRAIN, control over silly EMOTIONS & bit of COURAGE....then NO ONE can force you do anything against your own will
    Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post
    Correct.!
    The way people are panicking is amusing, to say the least..:rolleyes:
    Last edited by sunitahooda; June 21st, 2008 at 10:29 AM.
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    Donno why people love speaking for such things? Making hue n cry for this order just ridiculous and people are shouting their mind out as if they have STOOD n SHOUTED against every existing social evil. Li'l bit use of BRAIN, control over silly EMOTIONS & bit of COURAGE....then NO ONE can force you do anything against your own will
    Bingo.. u r absolutly right

i dont know how many know abt colored culture of south africa...its a perfect amalgamation of ppl of different origins nd ethnicity. here u can find amazing stunning beauties among females nd stoutly built, perfect physique mens...this post might be a bit off frm topic, but worth mentioning.
    in the south african, namibian, zambian, botswana nd zimbabwean context , the term coloured refers or referred to an ethnic group of people who possess some degree of sub-saharan ancestry, but not enough to be considered black under the law of south africa. they were technically mixed race and often possess substantial ancestry from europe (dutch, germans, britishers, norwegians) indonesia, india, madagascar, malaya, mozambique, mauritius, st. helena nd south africa. besides the extensive combining of these diverse heritages in the western cape – in which a distinctive "cape coloured" culture developed – in other parts of south africa, their development has usually been the result of the meeting of two distinct groups. thus, in natal province, most coloureds come from british and zulu heritage, while zimbabwean (earlier rhodesia) coloureds come from shona or ndebele mixing with british and afrikaner settlers. despite these major differences, the fact that they draw parentage from more than one 'naturalised' racial group means that they are 'coloured' in the southern african context. this is not to say that they necessarily identified themselves as such – with some preferring to call themselves 'black' or 'khoisan' or just 'south african' – but the history of racial segregation and labelling has placed all such 'mixed race' people in a certain relationship together by virtue of the fact that the imperial and apartheid governments categorized them as coloureds and because, for the most part, other groups continue to view them through such a lens.

during the apartheid, in order to keep divisions and maintain a race-focused society, the term coloured was used to describe one of the four main racial groups identified by law: blacks, whites, coloureds and indians. (all four terms were capitalised in apartheid era law.) coloured people constitute a majority of the population in western cape nd northern cape provinces. most speak afrikaans, while about ten percent of coloureds speak english as their mother tongue

### Afrikaans ### is an indo european language, derived from 17th century DuchLow Franconian Germanic, mainly spoken in south africa nd namibia.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post
    Regarding the level of discussion, you may be right partly but then there are new people now and at any given time there is a different set of people here participating in discussions…..but nevertheless, I believe each one of us is along some kind of learning curve….which may or may not be conspicuous……..so that’s one consolation (see, looking at the glass half full...)
    aapudiya...thts wat i wud say in tamil :p
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; June 21st, 2008 at 03:35 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

No...

Ye Achi Bat nhi h,,, Jo chal rha h use hi Follow kiya jaye........

Anil Jakhar:eek:
    Jaipur
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeetsparp View Post
    Navbharat Times (20 June 2008)

नई दिल्लीः अपने ही गोत्र में शादी करना कानून की नजर में अवैध नहीं है। अदालत ने कहा कि शादी दो लोगों की व्यक्तिगत पसंद से होती है। अडिशनल सेशन जज कामिनी लॉ ने कहा कि एक गोत्र में शादी में कानूनी तौर पर कोई अड़चन नहीं है तो ऐसे में किसी को इस बात की इजाजत नहीं दी जा सकती कि वह विवाहित जोड़े को प्रताड़ित करे। एक ही गोत्र में शादी करने वाले एक जोड़े के मामले की सुनवाई के दौरान जज ने यह टिप्पणी की। शादी करने वाले लड़के को अदालत ने जमानत दे दी।

जज कामिनी लॉ ने कहा कि समाज के नियम-कायदे इसलिए बनाए जाते हैं ताकि लोगों का उससे भला हो सके। ये नियम-कायदे लोगों की जिंदगी में अड़चनें पैदा करने के लिए नहीं बनाए जाते। अदालत ने कहा कि एक ही गोत्र में विवाह करना हिंदू मैरिज एक्ट में निषेध नहीं है। अदालत ने कहा कि अगर किसी ने सपिंडा श्रेणी में शादी कर ली है तो वह हिंदू मैरिज एक्ट की धारा-5 में वर्जित है। सपिंडा श्रेणी का मतलब होता है कि कोई भी शख्स अपने पिता के खानदान की पांच पीढ़ियों और मां के खानदान की तीन पीढ़ियों के भीतर आने वाले दूसरे शख्स से शादी नहीं कर सकता। अदालत ने कहा कि मौजूदा मामला सपिंडा की श्रेणी में नहीं आता। अदालत ने लड़की और लड़के के पिता को निर्देश दिया कि वह किसी भी तरह से शादीशुदा जोड़े को प्रताड़ित नहीं करेंगे।

मामला संगम विहार थाने का है। पुलिस ने लड़की के पिता की शिकायत पर नरेंद्र के खिलाफ अपहरण का मामला दर्ज किया था। इस मामले में नरेंद्र की ओर से अदालत में अग्रिम जमानत की अर्जी दाखिल की गई। अर्जी में कहा गया कि उसने 29 अप्रैल 2008 को आर्य समाज मंदिर में रेखा (बदला हुआ नाम) से शादी की। उन्हें अंदेशा था कि रेखा के पिता उन्हें नुकसान पहुंचा सकते हैं इसलिए उन्होंने अपनी शादी के बारे में संबंधित थाने के एसएचओ और पुलिस कमिश्नर को भी इत्तला कर दी थी।

मामले की सुनवाई के दौरान रेखा का बयान अदालत के सामने रेकॉर्ड किया गया। उसने अपने बयान में कहा कि वह नरेंद्र से शादी कर चुकी है और वह अपने पति के साथ ससुराल में रहती है। लेकिन मामले के जांच अधिकारी ने कोर्ट को बताया कि रेखा के स्कूल सर्टिफिकेट के हिसाब से वह नाबालिग है। पुलिस ने लड़की की उम्र संबंधी जांच कराई। मेडिकल रिपोर्ट में लड़की की उम्र 16 से 18 साल के बीच बताई गई। लड़की के पिता ने अदालत में यह भी कहा कि लड़का उन्हीं के गोत्र का है और यह शादी समाज में स्वीकार्य नहीं है।

अदालत ने अपने फैसले में कहा कि लोगों को इस बारे में बताना जरूरी है कि अपने गोत्र में शादी कानूनन अमान्य नहीं है। अदालत ने कहा कि वैदिक काल में सप्तऋषि होते थे उन्हीं के नाम पर गोत्र का चलन है। शादी अन्य गोत्र के लोगों के साथ किए जाने का चलन जेनेटिक अवधारणाओं को ध्यान में रखकर बनाया गया था। लेकिन 1955 में बनाए गए हिंदू मैरिज एक्ट में कई सारी पुरानी धारणाओं को पीछे छोड़ा गया और गोत्र व कास्ट को दरकिनार किया गया।

अदालत ने कहा कि मौजूदा मामले में लड़की की उम्र पर सवाल उठाया गया है। अदालत ने कहा कि अगर जांच में यह सामने आए कि लड़की शादी के वक्त नाबालिग थी तब इस शादी के लिए जिम्मेदार सभी के खिलाफ चाइल्ड मैरिज निरोधक कानून के तहत कार्रवाई की जाए। हालांकि वैसी सूरत में भी शादी अमान्य नहीं करार दी जा सकती। अदालत ने अभियुक्त को 30 हजार रुपये की राशि पर जमानत दे दी।

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Bhaisaab last monthb e gaya tha Alabama mein... "Birmingham".... yoh thread pehlam shuru ho jaata te mein pakka "bhedh paadd" aamta unka ....

Lekin ... wahaan blacks ki population ghanni hai... yaa baat te menne bhi note kari !!

no i have never been.i am telling you about the goras of pennsylvania.
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    aapudiya...thts wat i wud say in tamil :p

Aapadiya means ... Is it so ?
    I think u wanna say "yes, agreed" ... and if so then u shud say aamma/seri ... hehe

Anyway. offtopic... lets return back to cousin marriage .... OOPS ... i mean same gotra marriages ruin Jats. :D:p