Thread: Facts About Our Body

Facts About Our Body

Facts about our body

1.Your thumb is the same length of your nose.

2.A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.

3.You use 200 muscles to take one step.

4.Your eyes are always the same size from birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.

5.Your brain is more active during the night than the day.

6.It takes the food seven seconds to get from your mouth to your stomach.

7.Your body requires 1000-1500 calories per day just to simply survive (breathing, sleeping, eating).

8.Approximately 75% of human poop is made of water

9.Every day an adult body produces 300 billion new cells.

10.Scientists say the higher your I.Q. the more you dream.

11.The average human dream lasts 2-3 seconds.

12.Your brain operates on the same amount of power that would light a 10-watt light bulb.

13.The tooth is the only part of the human body that can't repair itself.

14.The attachment of human muscles to skin is what causes dimples.

15.The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razorblades.

16.The white part of your fingernail is called the Lunula.

17.There is enough iron in a human being to make one small nail.

18.The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Brittanica. .

19.Muscle cells live as long as you do while skin cells live less than 24 hours
    India and Israel (Hindus & Jews) are true friends in this World. Both are Long Live and yes also both have survived and surviving under adverse conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by rajpaldular View Post
    I seriously doubt this one. I could recall many dreams which have lasted longer than that. Rest are trustworthy

Quote Originally Posted by vivekpannu View Post
    I seriously doubt this one. I could recall many dreams which have lasted longer than that. Rest are trustworthy
    Thats what I was thinking about. And I felt they definitely last for more than 2-3 seconds lot of times.

But sometimes things seems to go for ages but actually they take very little time for example: if u are giving witness in the court and questioned by alawyer. u feel it took half an hour or something (u r awake and still feel that) but when u actually check the time its like 5-6 minutes.

hard to say on dreams.its like a complete movie sometimes.
    My way or my way ?

Quote Originally Posted by vivekpannu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    Thats what I was thinking about. And I felt they definitely last for more than 2-3 seconds lot of times.
    ...it says average human dream...u r thinking of dreams wch were long...hence u remembered...ther r 100's of dreams wch r so short tht u dont remember them even by morning. so, if u take out the average, this fact might as well b true.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    ...it says average human dream...u r thinking of dreams wch were long...hence u remembered...ther r 100's of dreams wch r so short tht u dont remember them even by morning. so, if u take out the average, this fact might as well b true.
    Tewatia ji !
    I think they are not talking about that average (time of dreams divided by no. of dreams) , I think they are talking about another average (most of the dreams last for 2-3 seconds)

sometimes we dont remember the dreams but we still remember that we had a dream.

its a really complicated subject. once I watched a documantary on dreams and its still a grey area for researchers.
    My way or my way ?

Facts???

My comments inline (in blue).
    Facts about our body

Sumit: Hrithik Roshan has got three thumbs... two out of which are of different sizes. It seems he's got only one nose.

2.A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.
    Sumit: Ask a man who's just about to pop up 'The Question' to girl/woman he loves.

Sumit: Oh yes, Mahatma Gandhi was a muscular man before he started Dandi March.

4.Your eyes are always the same size from birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
    Sumit: Ask boxers.

5.Your brain is more active during the night than the day.
    Sumit: Mine is never active. Is it because I am sleeping all the time?

Sumit: Maybe less. In 7 seconds I can excrete it also...the day I have loose-motions.

7.Your body requires 1000-1500 calories per day just to simply survive (breathing, sleeping, eating).
    Sumit: Mahatma Gandhi's or The Great Khali's body???

Sumit: Hmm.... In my dreams I am dying all the time...as I wake its kaleidoscopic mind.

Sumit: How on earth was this calculated?

12.Your brain operates on the same amount of power that would light a 10-watt light bulb.
    Sumit: Who are we supposed to pay the 'Brain (electricity) bill'?

Sumit: Is that why a dentist extracts?

Sumit: Kindly send me that attachment through an email. I wish to have dimples.

Sumit: Ok. You can risk swallowing a razorblade.

Sumit: White part? mere me hamesha mail bhara hota hai.

Sumit: Thanks for the info. I'd kill you next time Im in need of a nail. Hitting the nail on its head.

18.The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Brittanica.
    Sumit: By the time this ratio was calculated 5 newer versions of Enclyclopedia Brittanica were already printed and read.

Sumit: I repeat, Mahatma Gandhi was a HE-MAN.
    Last edited by sumitsehrawat; June 24th, 2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Indentation...!!

Facts about our body

It implies that your thumb also never stops growing or it(#1) is incorrect.
    Mr. Rajpal, could you please explain it.
    Yoginder Gulia

:D:D:D
    Good Sumit,
    Its a nice presentation.
    And don't sleep too much na te sab kahe ke jung lagg ja ga.

:D:D:D

All the best
    Pahal

My replies inline(in Red ) ...

Sumit: Hrithik Roshan has got three thumbs... two out of which are of different sizes. It seems he's got only one nose... well the comment was for you .. i mean that guy said ... your thumb and ur nose not abt Hrithik ... when he will read this then its applicable on him ... hehe .. PJ

about to pop up 'The Question' to girl/woman he loves.

Sumit: Oh yes, Mahatma Gandhi was a muscular man before he started Dandi March...

es are always the same size from birth but your nose and ears never stop growing.
    Sumit: Ask boxers... huh ... anyway just wanna correct here ... its not eye ... but its pupil

ore active during the night than the day.

Sumit: Mine is never active. Is it because I am sleeping all the time? ... this is what they say ,.. ur mind is more active when u sleep... will give link of another thread.

Sumit: Maybe less. In 7 seconds I can excrete it also...the day I have loose-motions.... well in that case u shud be sitting on commode with plateful of eatables. I mean toilet jaane mein bhi time lagta hai yaar ... yaa fir pant mein hi karne ki baat kar rahe ho ???

Sumit: Mahatma Gandhi's or The Great Khali's body???

Sumit: Hmm.... In my dreams I am dying all the time...as I wake its kaleidoscopic mind.

Sumit: How on earth was this calculated? ... yeah this is really gud .. mee to curious abt this... let someone ans this.

Sumit: Who are we supposed to pay the 'Brain (electricity) bill'?

Sumit: Is that why a dentist extracts?

Sumit: Kindly send me that attachment through an email. I wish to have dimples.... contact Preeti Zinta

Sumit: Ok. You can risk swallowing a razorblade... this is really gud .. i love ur comment.

Sumit: White part? mere me hamesha mail bhara hota hai.

Sumit: Thanks for the info. I'd kill you next time Im in need of a nail. Hitting the nail on its head... I used to think nails are made of keratin ... par which nails ???

18.The human brain cell can hold 5 times as much information as the Encyclopedia Brittanica.
    Sumit: By the time this ratio was calculated 5 newer versions of Enclyclopedia Brittanica were already printed and read.

Sumit: I repeat, Mahatma Gandhi was a HE-MAN... And others are SHE-MAN ??? hahaha