Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Quit Smoking..

Nelam Kuldeep is right....even myself, saw many girls/ladies smoking but most smoke in toilets with an exhaust fan on....or put it out if bhai/ father comes....the kinda embarrassing situation i always laugh at> That these ladies themselves know that they are WRONG thats why they hideand yes Hukke ko itna bura nahi maana jata tha....pata nahi kyu?
    Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    then i need to expand my social horizons as i only noticed such things in other communities but not in ours

and Brahm Sir, pls exclude our predecessors from the list :D....unhe chilam/hukke ki adat pad gayi so pad gayi.....aaj ke log to samajhdar hain, aur apne aas-paas ke logon ki taqleef ko samajh sakte hain

i think u only said somewhere, smart r the people who learn from others mistakes.....to bade-budhon se ye seekh lete kyun nahin :D
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

too much efforts for

What?

Millions of people and thousands of NGO already doing the same job including our honorable health minister....ANTI SMOKING CAMPAIGN uses papers, tv, radio, even emails....... to tell worse affects of smoking........

Then what is the purpose of this thread.......Just like that.......

Or what do you think Samar after reading these 40 messages (or few more ) people will stop smoking.........

CAN anybody tell me how many smoker are there on JL??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    Iska matlab hamare bade budh bevakoof the ?:p
    ye to aapke sochne ki disha hai :D....(my sixth sense was very sure that somebody will surely react like that :p)

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    Nelam Kuldeep is right....even myself, saw many girls/ladies smoking but most smoke in toilets with an exhaust fan on....or put it out if bhai/ father comes....the kinda embarrassing situation i always laugh at> That these ladies themselves know that they are WRONG thats why they hideand yes Hukke ko itna bura nahi maana jata tha....pata nahi kyu?
    again i only read here in your reply.....never observed like that....very strange....normally, such cases are of poor/improper upbringing of the child.....isn't it????

and ya, i do agree ki hukke ko aaj bhi itna bura nahin mana jata.....pata nahin kyun
    Last edited by choudharyneelam; September 7th, 2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: little addition of statement

Neelam....it was kind of shock of my life when i entered the very first day in my room of a working Girls Hostel....
    1.i knocked at the door....another gal opened and there was my roommate smoking the clouds of smoke out of her mouth....i cant explain how difficult it was not to show my eyes-wide-opened but i always walked out of the room whenever she lit her ciggy and yes i slapped my roommate once when she was forcing aonther gal to learn how to smoke:D

2. I was invited by my friend to spend some time with her at Vertex(BPO) near Hewitt in Gurgaon....we were on the terrace....an ordinary looking girl came....with Khadi bengali kurta and while cotton salwar....i said Such simply dressed employees work in a BPO? and she smiled> abhi dekhtey jao kya hota hai....and next momemet the gal took out a packet lit up and smoked so fast that we failed she had a ciggy....so its just they do BUT THE HIDE
    again i only read here in your reply.....never observed like that....very strange....normally, such cases are of poor/improper upbringing of the child.....isn't it????

and ya, i do agree ki hukke ko aaj bhi itna bura nahin mana jata.....pata nahin kyun
    Last edited by sunitahooda; September 8th, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

ye to aapke sochne ki disha hai :D....(my sixth sense was very sure that somebody will surely react like that :p)
    Well, thisis not sixth sense baltki thats quite obvious. Abb coment hi aisa hai toh uss par ye comment aana laazmi tha .. :p

Kyunki hukke ka filter mast hota hai .. .smoke paani mein filter ho kar aata hai ... and psycologically hum usko accept kar chukke hai .. kyuki hum waisa roz dekhte hai/the apne gharo mein toh woh itni buri cheez nahi lagti ... but see if a young boy smokes hukka u will find it equally bad.
    Last edited by dkumars; September 8th, 2008 at 04:35 PM.

log to bolte hai ki mobile pe jyada baat krne se bhi koi cancer hota hai,
    jyada dhoodh,ghee khaao to aadmi mota ho jaaye,aur 150 nayi bimaari lag jaati hai,
    traffice pollution ciggrete se pattaa nahi kitna jyada hai,
    ho saktaa hai ciggrette kharaab aadt ho,
    lekin jyadatar aadat dusro ko kharaab hi lgti
    jaise jyada hassne ki aadat,jyada bolne ki aadat,
    ye to personal decision hai

Quote Originally Posted by rathee.sandeep View Post
    jyada dhoodh,ghee khaao to aadmi mota ho jaaye,aur 150 nayi bimaari lag jaati hai,

Kitni e ak khinch le hai chorre din mein ?:rock

Smile

Neelam....it was kind of shock of my life when i entered the very first day in my room of a working Girls Hostel....
    1.i knocked at the door....another gal opened and there was my roommate smoking the clouds of smoke out of her mouth....i cant explain how difficult it was not to show my eyes-wide-opened but i always walked out of the room whenever she lit her ciggy and yes i slapped my roommate once when she was forcing aonther gal to learn how to smoke:D

2. I was invited by my friend to spend some time with her at Vertex(BPO) near Hewitt in Gurgaon....we were on the terrace....an ordinary looking girl came....with Khadi bengali kurta and while cotton salwar....i said Such simply dressed employees work in a BPO? and she smiled> abhi dekhtey jao kya hota hai....and next momemet the gal took out a packet lit up and smoked so fast that we failed she had a ciggy....so its just they do BUT THE HIDE
    First thing, i liked your attitude...for which u slapped nicely :D the one trying to make other victim.....and i can imagine about your feelings and reactions to such situations

and for second situation, simply say that.....such girls are ruining the beautiful image of girls....wo waali baat hai....upar se sadhu, andar se chor

quiting ka toh pata nahi par ek baat yaad aa gayi .. jab hum chotte the tab kagaz ko gol gol fold karke cigarette banate the aur usse bado ki tarah peete the fir ek puff mein hi khaansi aur tab kulla karna ... yaar kya din the smoking ke woh bhi.

Smile right that excess of anything is bad, lekin......

yahan smoking ek gandi habit hai, iski baat ho rahi hai.....ab baaki buri adaton ke sahare iss baat ko dabaoge.....to ye galat baat

rahi doodh, ghee khaane ki baat...to kaam karoge to pata bhi nahin chalega ki kahan gaya khaaya-piya.....pahli generation ko dekh lo....hum agar unke jaisi diet le lein to tabiyat bigad jaati hai, kyunki unke jitna kaam nahin karte hum.....our work is of different kind, even the lifestyle has changed

and ofcourse traffic/industrial smokes also do a lot harm to our health but iska matlab ye to nahin ki.....ek aur afat khud mol le lein.....baaki aapki baat bilkul sahi hai....ki ye sab personal decisions hain (apne pair par khud kulhari maaro :D:p)

Are u sure they all were Jats ?
    Smoking is quite common in gals ... m amazed that u gals never saw and were surprized to see that. Here, i see the most beutiful gals smoke more. Dunno they are beutiful coz of smoking or just a coincidence :D .. hahaha
    And u know they know how to make rings of the exhaled smoke. They are fast lerners and experts of this field. I can say gals are second to none at least if smoking is concerned... hehehe

First thing, i liked your attitude...for which u slapped nicely :D the one trying to make other victim.....and i can imagine about your feelings and reactions to such situations

and for second situation, simply say that.....such girls are ruining the beautiful image of girls....wo waali baat hai....upar se sadhu, andar se chor

ooommyy god ... beautiful image of gals ... hahaha
    madam ji koun si duniya mein hai aap Ladkiya agar harami pane par aati haina toh ladko ko kosso door chodd deti hai ...

Ismein koi nayi baat nahi ki ladkiyan smoke karti hai ... smoking is injurious to health so its applicable for all the genders(including eunuchs :D) ... but yeah i heard biologically its more harmful for gals ... so again god is lil bit linient abt smoking towards boys.

Topic par wapas aao ... how to quit
    well lemme tell u an incident

I got a very gud firnd ... he is a south indian, i met him in Bangalore, Honeywell itself. Damn gud guy. He used to smoke a lot, almost a pack a day... he told m not gonna stop... i enjoy it ... for months i kept on saying quit quit ... he didn listen .. one day he realized he shud stop it and he called me and said i will quit from monday( the day was sat) and i was juss making fun of him ki how come such an addict quit it at a sudden. Monday came, whole day he didn smoke whole week gone then month ... and he doesn have allergy with smoking other... he accompany them stay there till they finish their fag but never smoke even a single puff ...
    he always says ki this one puff is very critical ... agar ek liya toh fir wapas aadat lag jaayegi ... now its 5 months gone he hasnt smoke.

So, guys this is a true incident and i have seen ... its all abt determinition. If u say i will stop it slowly... no way ... jab pressure aayega tab fir badh jaayegi .. stop it ekdum. Jat ke liye kuch asambhav nahi.

All the best guys
    Last edited by dkumars; September 8th, 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Well, thisis not sixth sense baltki thats quite obvious. Abb coment hi aisa hai toh uss par ye comment aana laazmi tha .. :p
    aisa comment tumhara hi kyun aaya.....kisi aur ka nahin aaya :D.....anyways, ab aur bahas nahin iss par...this thread is for something else

aisa comment tumhara hi kyun aaya.....kisi aur ka nahin aaya :D.....anyways, ab aur bahas nahin iss par...this thread is for something else
    hahaha .. mere sochne ki disha hai auro se bilkul judaaaaaa

Agar mera comment bhi nahi aata toh tumhaari expectations(kyunki tumne aisa comment expect kiya tha) mitti mein mil jaate toh tumhara dil rakhne ke liye comment kiya

Back to topic.

Smoking is bad for those who smoke and who dont smoke. Although its personal decision but everyone knows its bad so there i snot point to discuss whether its gud or bad, its bad alwyassssssss
    I smoke cigarette and cigarette is smoking me is my fav quote.
    Mein cigarette ko pe raha hoon aur cigarette mujhe pe rahi hai kitna sach hai na.

Khair better than discussing whether its gud or bad i feel we shud discuss how to quit and what for the thread was started.
    I have seen many boards, posters on road dividers if u wanna quit smoking then consult ur doctor , there is an easy way to quit if u dont have strong determination. So, guys consult ur doctor and quit smoking.

Are u sure they all were Jats ?
    yahi to....aisi Jat girls bahaut rare dekhne ko milengi

Smoking is quite common in gals. They are fast lerners and experts of this field. I can say gals are second to none at least if smoking is concerned.
    i agree, ab itna sunne ke baad to lagne laga hai

Ladkiya agar harami pane par aati haina toh ladko ko kosso door chodd deti hai ...
    Very nice way to express the things :rolleyes:

anyways, you are right that willingness works.....another good example...my father also is completely out of this bad trap.....his will-power is quite good but he was not ready to quit the habit which is now changed....maybe b'coz of emotional influence :D (as i'm papa's girl)

Originally Posted by dkumars
    Ladkiya agar harami pane par aati haina toh ladko ko kosso door chodd deti hai ...

Very nice way to express the things :rolleyes:
    Well, don mind gals i may look very crude and harsh on this .. may be maine achhi lang use nhi ki but this is a fact. Aur sarra mera dekha hua hai so ye muh bakka(:rolleyes karna achha nahi :D

Sahe hai dost log apne satisfaction k liye kuch na kuch dhood hee lete hain jaise ke Drink karne waale kehte hain k Shiv g bhi to bhaang peete thee but dost it doesn't mean k woh aadat sahe hai but anyways Cigratte packet waale bhi likhte to yahee hain k its injurious to healh. Aur bhai sahe me its not a good thing u have lot of other good things to eat and drink. Lekin bhai apke marji. But i can't stand with a person who smokes its horrible:eek:
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

god n'vr wanted us to smoke, otherwise he wud have installed chimney on our heads. :D:D
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    God n'vr wanted us to smoke, otherwise he wud have installed chimney on our heads.
    This beautiful innate thought should be awarded as best Quote at Jatland :D

Dhak ke Char Paat

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    god n'vr wanted us to smoke, otherwise he wud have installed chimney on our heads. :D:D
    Man is the only animal among 84 lakh yonis who is ........

1. eating cooked food.
    2. wearing cloths.
    3. having families.
    4. living in built house.
    5. drinking other animals milk.
    6. drink Alcohol.
    7. drink tea
    8. drink coffee.
    Drink Cigarettes.

otherwise god did made ...............(do you really know what god wants...)

Going against nature is progress.

Now I am not the advocate of smoking or I assume not a single intellectual on JL will give attention on one's SPIT

Normal people are always superstitious previously they were religious superstitious and nowadays
    they are scientific superstitious.........

same for anti-smokers ----- Sikhs hate smoking because its against their religion { why -- few sikhs might be knwoing - its religious superstition)

And now Scientific superstition - Smoking----

Many comments........many arguments ......... many discussions...........many rubbish................

Just tell it is proved in Havard and people are ready to believe..........
    scientifically its proved............
    scientifically thats proved............

ANd people are ready to accept everything........Tea, sugar, coffee, Cold drinks, antibiotics, medication, YOGA, Meditation...................

How many persons are using their brain to judge ........

Its Scientific Superstition..........

All observations against smoking is based of studies in US ( or health department of Indian spent money on research, I have big doubt)........

I am not in the favor of smoking, its not at all good for Physical health.......

There are 3 manifestations of human life --------physical, mental and intellectual.

When I was very small there was a fight between King Kong and Dara Singh in early seventies... same time I heard these 3 dimensions and there representatives in 19th century.......

Ramakrishna Paramhans at extreme of mental manifestation ( HE was GOD)

Einstein was at the extreme of intellect ( At the age of 21 he had written 5 papers and all are eligible to get a Nobel Prize).

And Kingkong ( now I can put Khali or mike tyson in same categoty, but I dont find anybody to put in the categories Ramakrrishna or Einstein).

And Smoking can affect only Kingkong, not Ramakrishna or Einstein ( Both were smoker). And I do not think anybody want to be Kingkong, khali or tyson or want their sons to be.

I am not in the favor of smoking, its not at all good for Physical health......
    2000 degree temperature, enough for mouth cancer.

But still I am against SUPERSTITIONS whether Scientific or Religious. Its always better to use Reasoning before believing anything.

I am not the advocate of smoking or I assume not a single intellectual on JL will give attention on one's SPIT