Thread: Distribution Of Deshwal/ Deswal Gotra

Distribution Of Deshwal/ Deswal Gotra

After long wait, I could get hold of the list containing Names of the Villages, mostly inhibited Jats of Deshwal/ Deswal Gotra. There may be villages in the list having more than one Gotra. I would also request the members to list here if any one aware of village of this Gottra that is not listed here![B][B]

The Origin of the Deshwal/Deswal Gotra is believed to be Village Ladhaut/ Ladhot, also Known as Ladhaut Bhayapur. It is believed to be one of the ancient villages in the region. It is in Disst. Rohtak and about 7 Km from Sukhpura chaunk Rohtak and 10 km from Purani Anaj Mandi Rohtak. The village is surrounded by Kiloi, Dhamad, Makrauli Khurd, Makrauli Kalan, Bohar and Bhalauth.

The History Of Bamdolia Jats mentions the presence of Deshwal Gotra around Agra/ Mathura regio in the 11th century and Origin of Gagoli Village in Distt Jind/ Sangroor( before haryana came into existence in 1966, It was part of Distt. Sangroor) is believed to be 850 reays old. There is a mention of Distt Record at Sangroor in this regard.

Villages Of Deshwal Khap In Haryana:

AMBALA:

Holi
    Lalten
    Shergarh

FARIDABAD:

Bohra
    Badhun Java
    Ghori/ Ghoodi Chant
    Lalpura
    Pondary

GURGAON:

Aldyoka

JIND:

Anta
    Anoopgarh
    Bhag-Khera
    Gharouli
    Gangholi
    Hadwa
    Shivana Maal

JHAJHAR:

Dulehra
    Khedka-Gujjar
    Kheri-Jasaur
    Bhadhani
    Sureti
    Talave

PANIPAT:

Shermalpur
    Beholi
    Laharpur
    Kurad
    Mahavatti
    Matlora
    Tyole
    Thirana
    Phaphrana
    Mandipur

REWARI:

Kherkeri
    Tanki

ROHTAK:

Baliana
    Ladhaut-Bhayapur
    Ghilod Kalan

KARNAL:

Amarpur
    Endri

KURUKESHTRA:

Sarai- Sukhi

SONEPAT:

Dhamkan Kheri
    Sydapur
    Mahra
    Ganagana
    Shivana-Mal

YUMUNANAGAR:

Bakarwal(Ghaziabad)

Deshwal? Deshwal Jats In UP

List of 47 villages in Uttar Pardesh

Unfortunately, i haven't got the list District wise and would try in future.

Chaudhri Balyani
    Budhesaini
    Mommudpur
    Bhalpur
    Nahara
    More Kalan
    More Khurd
    Sandhen
    Katiarpur(Biznaur)
    Jwali
    Malikpur
    Tehri
    Kundhanpur
    Wazeerpur
    Ladu Pur
    Chandpur
    Joharpur
    Soti Ki Nangal
    Satipur Nangli
    Haripur-Khempur
    Chakgharni
    Narayanpur
    Khama-Chandpur
    Teef
    Kambrowala
    Babanpur
    Pundari
    Gajar Jura (Hardwar)
    Rampura (Bulandshahar)
    Klhempur(Narmomadpur)
    Mohanpura
    Jhundpura( Shaharanpur)
    Kallaheri
    Kurel Ki Devan
    Kasherwan Kalan( Muzzaafar Nagar)
    Keshwan Khurd
    Baghewa Khurd
    Baghewa Kalan
    Shiva Jurri
    Titoli
    Dhidala
    Basheda
    Budha Heri
    Budh Dhar Kheri
    Kadka Bhupa Rakra
    Manpur (Aligarh)
    Kalyanpur
    Mor Sadarpur

DESHWAL /DESHWAL Villages in Rajasthan:

List of 25 villages :

Bhadona
    Ronnija
    Kailuri
    Kushera
    Aychira_User)
    Muria
    Nahrauli
    Budhwari
    Shishvari
    Samapur
    Manohli
    Bizwari
    Bhorpatepur
    Ishwar
    Daulatpu(Mathura)
    Kethi Molinder
    Tadwa
    Pogan
    Chhabar
    Satubika Nangal
    Jhugrar
    Pobhaya
    Kachroti
    Dhanli
    Jagta( Near Sanghyawar)

Thanks for the patience to go through and cheers!

Wonderful input Deswal Ji,

I have transferred your info to Jatland Wiki. Please see if it is correct.

http://www.jatland.com/home/Deshwal

Regards,
    Last edited by lrburdak; July 9th, 2008 at 03:02 PM.
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    The Origin of the Deshwal/Deswal Gotra is believed to be Village Ladhaut/ Ladhot, also Known as Ladhaut Bhayapur. It is believed to be one of the ancient villages in the region.
    Thanks for the nice info Deshwal ji.

Manne ya kahavat si suni se Ladhot ke bare mein ...

"Hastinapur suni padi .... er ladhot mein 2 shankh baje"

So Ladhot is believed to be existing since mahabhart period. Kitne gajab ki baat hai ek chota sa gaam poore gotra ka nikas sthan.

Manne johad pe bani kui er shivale se ke bare mein sunya se ek ye bahut purane sein .... might be the kiloi shivaji mandir is also of those times.

Very useful compilation Deshwal Sahab. I tend to differ on the origin of Deshwal gotra as I find mention of Daswal, Duswal etc even outside India. here are some links;

1. http://www.humanities.ualberta.ca/em...s/histbrit.txt
    2. http://cookery.hosuronline.com/index...t=9&recipe=137
    3. http://scilib.univ.kiev.ua/author.php?3352164
    4.http://books.google.com/books?id=MGU...um=5&ct=result (Talks of Daslwal literature on page 266)
    5. http://aukcjewp.wp.pl/search.php

One link talks of a Duswal king in Wales and then another talks of Daswal literature in Armenia. There is Daswal Road somewhere in Karnataka. More reaserach needs to be done on this Gotra. I am sure interesting results will come.

RK^2
    There are many paths leading to God, politics is certainly not one of them...

Thank you Laxman ji for updating the Jat Wiki with the Information I have posted. In fact, I myself feel a bit scared to edit or enter information in Wiki Section.

Bhai jitu, even I have heard this verse about Ladhaut that relates it to be a village from Mahabharat's era. But, from history point of view, we need some more info/ proofs to substantiate.
    You are right about the small and very old temple but without a deity/ idol.
    Abb to wo chhote bachono ke khelne bhar ki jagah hai.

Actually the Old village used to be on the Eastern side of the village on the way to Kiloi Shiv Mandir and Kiloi Village. You are also right in saying that Kiloi Shiv mandir is one of the oldest in the area, may be in the whole district. Old Kheda(mound) is still visible but getting extinct slowly as people re-building the area. In fact the road to Kilo, that also connects the road to your village runs through the old site.

Rajender ji I appreciate your efforts and enthusiasm regarding the search and links but, is not that hard to relate to Jats or jat history? Anyways, it provides some interesting reading. Thanks for the links!

Cheers!
    Last edited by spdeshwal; July 10th, 2008 at 08:39 AM.

I saw your many relevant posts in this website.

Can you tell me the possibilty or any case till date, which is reported, where there is a marriage between Deswal and Dalal gotre, if gotre of father, mother and grandmother are not same between a boyvand girl.

Thank you.