Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems due to the 'Kawar' in UP and some other areas

Thumbs down Problems due to the 'Kawar' in UP and some other areas

Over the past few years the practice of bringing "kanwars" from Hardwar by the devotees of Lord Shiva to the Capital has been on the rise. A week before "Shivratri", all major Delhi-Hardwar routes are flooded with "kawarias" leading to traffic jams and commotion on the roads.
    A large number of camps have now come up in areas close to the Delhi-Uttar Pradesh border for "kawarias". Several of them have come up right on the main road, obstructing smooth movement of traffic. And to add to the commuters' woes, at several places police pickets of both Delhi and neighbouring Ghaziabad have diverted traffic in their areas.
    Though so far the entire event has passed off peacefully in Delhi, a slight mishap could lead to serious problems in the city. For instance, last year an Army vehicle hit a "kawaria" in the Cantonment Area, breaking the pot carrying the Ganga water. Angry "kawarias" blocked traffic till an Army vehicle brought in water from Hardwar. Several residents' organisations have asked the local administration to tackle this event more seriously by making elaborate arrangements. This is not all. The Uttar Pradesh administration has even closed the highway connecting Delhi and Hardwar, while closure of schools and colleges has been ordered in various towns falling on the route, including Ghaziabad, so that the "kawarias" march could go on uninterrupted.
    Even last year i heard that one of the senior police official said that at the time of this Kawar the crime rate goes down. Last year we say that at most of the places these Kawarias has burn the buses , cars etc. that is ridiculas yaar these people are just mad and illitrate and causing a huge damage to our national assets and country too.
    Even i want to say there a very few people who goes for that Kawar with real faith.I must say that we have lot of population who doesn't have anything to do that's why they go for these kind of stuff. Its really looking sad that we people are just wasting our and others time. This whole time has cause a lot of loss in monetary also for the county. I think i won't be able to come at my office for atleast 2 days due to all these road blocks.
    sad really sad.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

How about a "Kawar Pizza" from Pizza hut ... scraped fresh from National Highway 8. Where are killer Bluelines when you need them?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidchhikara For This Useful Post:

anilsangwan (July 18th, 2012), spdeshwal (July 19th, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    How about a "Kawar Pizza" from Pizza hut ... scraped fresh from National Highway 8. Where are killer Bluelines when you need them?

hahaha i think that could be the best solution.
    Plant one tree atleast

Quote Originally Posted by nishantrathi82 View Post
    hahaha i think that could be the best solution.
    nishant raathi aur siddharth chikara hosh main aao, shankar ji ka teesra netra mat khulwao
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    nishant raathi aur siddharth chikara hosh main aao, shankar ji ka teesra netra mat khulwao
    O ladkee shakar g tesra netra na khulwa re hum. Boss hamare yaaha Dharam k naam par kuch bhi karwa lo bhai re. I am not against all this
    but i am opposing the way these things are working , its total waste of time and money.
    Plant one tree atleast

Arrow Faith Tradition and their implications in todays life

I am neither a supporter nor an crtic of the Kaawar piligrimage, on international scene i compare it to the "The Tour De france". It is crowded, blocks highways and roads, and still a very old tradition.

With modernisation every custom starts to develop some rust and starts to accumulate some glitter of modernity at the same time.
    It is sometimes emotionaly touching and overwhelming to see the devotees carrying the holy water but equaly annoying when highways are blocked, economy suffers and the modern trend of DAAK Kaawad on their TATA 407 in the most hostile manner driving beyond rules with baseball bats and sticks being waved at each passing vehicle. Rikshawala's being hit and made to give way. Money being collected forcibly for providing kaawad shivirs. Herbal drugs"Gaanja and Bhaang" being used publicaly and so on

My purpose to present my views here is to ask: how many government medical assistance counters are visible on the whole length of the highway? If the government realises the importance and feelings attached with this holy piligrimage and also knows the tentative number of piligrims, why cant there be a separate walkway for them. Why there are no organised piligrimage institutions like the one at Vaishno Devi.

I dont intend to challnege anyones faith, but Dear Prashant, please think about the finacial loss and economic backlog created due to unorganised chaotic Kaawarias and please atleast once for a change, provide a constructive and positive feedback!!!
    "Vir"
    " Journey is not always for a destination, sometimes it is for the company of someone travelling along"

Though as Nishant mentioned some Kawarias behave in illogical manner. But at present this behaviour can be seen anywhere across the country. But I feel that Govt should provide some measures for their safety too. They are not demanding for any subsidy like HAZ for this and personal safety is their right that govt should ensure by reducing the traffic speed or providing a separate corridor for them. Sadak hadson mein jaruri nahi ki sirf kawario ki hi galati raheti ho ... even we dont drive nicely.
    Faith and religion should go hand in hand with other things. And if traffic jam is there for this then there are means and ways to ease them out.
    Edinburgh on new year eve is totally jammed for 4-5 days and i never hear any complaints from people. For nearly a week all the offices and schools are closed.
    only issue is of managing things.

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    Though as Nishant mentioned some Kawarias behave in illogical manner. But at present this behaviour can be seen anywhere across the country. But I feel that Govt should provide some measures for their safety too. They are not demanding for any subsidy like HAZ for this and personal safety is their right that govt should ensure by reducing the traffic speed or providing a separate corridor for them. Sadak hadson mein jaruri nahi ki sirf kawario ki hi galati raheti ho ... even we dont drive nicely.
    Faith and religion should go hand in hand with other things. And if traffic jam is there for this then there are means and ways to ease them out.
    Edinburgh on new year eve is totally jammed for 4-5 days and i never hear any complaints from people. For nearly a week all the offices and schools are closed.
    We ppl are best in complaining and worst in managing......:p
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    Jitender bhai, that is because everybody is involved in the festivities and is having fun. In the case of kawariyas - a small bunch disturbs the whole city. Majority of the ppl in delhi / gurgaon see them as an inconvenience - where is the fun?

Blueline.............. please

Jitender bhai, that is because everybody is involved in the festivities and is having fun. In the case of kawariyas - a small bunch disturbs the whole city. Majority of the ppl in delhi / gurgaon see them as an inconvenience - where is the fun?

Blueline.............. please

Sid sir g i think this year the tally of Kawarias is going to cross 5 Lakhs and that's huge.
    And about blueline again there is a poblem if any of the Kawaria got hit by any thing may be blueline they people are going to start damaging other things like many buses, cars other vehicles, as we see last year they damage lot of national assets on gurgaon highway and at many other places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I litterally want to abuse on this matter this wiil also not going to help me.
    This is the one the major problem i have faced in our India and most importantly with no solution because we all will relate this matter with god.
    Plant one tree atleast

Sid sir g i think this year the tally of Kawarias is going to cross 5 Lakhs and that's huge.
    And about blueline again there is a poblem if any of the Kawaria got hit by any thing may be blueline they people are going to start damaging other things like many buses, cars other vehicles, as we see last year they damage lot of national assets on gurgaon highway and at many other places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I litterally want to abuse on this matter this wiil also not going to help me.
    This is the one the major problem i have faced in our India and most importantly with no solution because we all will relate this matter with god.
    Nishant... I still wish a bunch of them get run over..... does'nt matter what happens after that. Then once they start destroying public property.... the crowd turns on them and beat the crap out of them ..... kawariyon ke talwon pe laal mirch chhidak de. Aaahaaaa !!

Nishant... I still wish a bunch of them get run over..... does'nt matter what happens after that. Then once they start destroying public property.... the crowd turns on them and beat the crap out of them ..... kawariyon ke talwon pe laal mirch chhidak de. Aaahaaaa !!

Hmmmm waise nice idea sid sir g may ur wish come true:p
    Plant one tree atleast

U ppl also throng the city roads..why don't any big truck hit u from back and crush u when u drive after drunk...:p specially in the land of over consumption or in crowdy traffic of ghaziabaad.......
    Last edited by prashantacmet; July 23rd, 2008 at 12:07 PM.

U ppl also thrang the city roads..why don't any big truck hit u from back and crush u when u drive after drunk...:p specially in the land of over consumption or in crowdy traffic of ghaziabaad.......
    Hello boss i wish this could happen to u!!!!
    Intially i thought that u usually talk in light mood but now i got it that u don't have any sense:p. And 4 ur kind information i don't take alcohal or this kind of stuff.
    Prashant 1 baat baata mujhe tere baaten suun kar 1 question aaya deemag me k tu karta kya hai re i mean illogical baato k alawa:p
    Plant one tree atleast

Hello boss i wish this could happen to u!!!!
    Intially i thought that u usually talk in light mood but now i got it that u don't have any sense:p. And 4 ur kind information i don't take alcohal or this kind of stuff.
    Prashant 1 baat baata mujhe tere baaten suun kar 1 question aaya deemag me k tu karta kya hai re i mean illogical baato k alawa:p

I wonder how can a dirty mind like u talk about the sense???
    You wish blueline get crush over the kaawarais...
    I wish a big truck crush over u...tell me what's wrong in that.......kaawarias are not humans like u.????...
    If u have suchha big problem why don'u hunt out the kaawarais ...either u will be beaten to death by kaawarias or any how if u mange to escape, admistration will hang u...thappad.
    U are objecting on my sense ...what rubbish......:rolleyes:.....
    arrr haan...jodd milwaya karre ke chorre chorriayn ke jo merri inquiry karee hai tu..:p....dekhya hi na logical baatya aala.......:rolleyes:

I wonder how can a dirty mind like u talk about the sense???
    You wish blueline get crush over the kaawarais...
    I wish a big truck crush over u...tell me what's wrong in that.......kaawarias are not humans like u.????...
    If u have suchha big problem why don'u hunt out the kaawarais ...either u will be beaten to death by kaawarias or any how if u mange to escape, admistration will hang u...thappad.
    U are objecting on my sense ...what rubbish......:rolleyes:.....
    arrr haan...jodd milwaya karre ke chorre chorriayn ke jo merri inquiry karee hai tu..:p....dekhya hi na logical baatya aala.......:rolleyes:
    1 kaam re bhai ennn kawariyo k aur administration k sath tu bhi laag ja aur kaar le jo kaar sake mera :boxing
    Aur tere logical answer se mai samajh gaya k tu kya karta hai
    bye no more clarification needed from ur side!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Plant one tree atleast

jiski utter gi loi uska ke karegga koi......:p

Another idea for collateral damage to kawariyas....

The have shelters along the road for kawariyas. On the side of the road is a stand where they can place their kawars. Just run your vehicle directly into the kawar stand ..... boom ... all the kawars are on the ground .... broken. Let these attention-seeking jobless losers walk back and get another kawar.
    These fools do nothing but make people late trying to get to work or their families.

Angry

Originally Posted by sidchhikara
    Hmmmm waise nice idea sid sir g may ur wish come true:p

.........Disgusting

This reminds me of a similar incidence many years back .

We were sitting on a farmer's Dharna at Vote club lawns along with Choudhary Tikait.A sophisticated correspondent of a national daily asked , Sir are you not thinking about the problem of Delhi people who are not able to do their morning and evening walks because of you people ?

Tikait Saheb asked first tell me Do we also have some right on this vote club lawns or not ?

Second Have any of you ever thought about why lakhs of people are suffering here for so many days ?

Kawaria yatra is not all about fun and frolic ,Bring one kawar and you will know what it is .
    Last edited by narenderkharb; July 23rd, 2008 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by narenderkharb View Post
    .........Disgusting

This reminds me of a similar incidence many years back .

We were sitting on a farmer's Dharna at Vote club lawns along with Choudhary Tikait.A sophisticated correspondent of a national daily asked , Sir are you not thinking about the problem of Delhi people who are not able to do their morning and evening walks because of you people ?

Tikait Saheb asked first tell me Do we also have some right on this vote club lawns or not ?

Second Have any of you ever thought about why lakhs of people are suffering here for so many days ?

Kawaria yatra is not all about fun and frolic ,Bring one kawar and you will know what it is .
    I would never do something as stupid as that. I donot have time for it. Nobody forced them to bring kawars .... its not like they are marching with Mahatma Gandhi in Dandi march.

They are mostly jobless young men, deperate for attention and feeling of power they get from blocking traffic and being fed in shivirs .... oh and I forgot about the maalish.

If you take away these incentives .... you make their route to go through a jungle where nobody is watching and they donot have any shivirs ..... that kawariya population will drop really fast.

This kawar business is nothing but an inconvenience to the local public... who have no hand in it and are being inconvenienced for no fault of theirs.

There is no good reason that anybody in this day and age should travel so far ... causing havoc on the roads and come home with 2 buckets of water. I would suggest an alternate - use the handpump.