View Poll Results: Is JL a public, democratic platform or is it a personal fiefdom of our mods.

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its a democratic platform and mods are not misusing their power.

49 62.03%
  • No, its not a democratic platform. Mods often times abuse their powers.

25 31.65%
  • I am confused as such I wud refrain from giving my opinion.

5 6.33%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is JL a public, democratic platform or is it a personal fiefdom of our mods.

Exclamation Is JL a public, democratic platform or is it a personal fiefdom of our mods.

I guess its hi time to have sum real introspection done into the role of mods nd their autocratic ways…I tried this earlier, but of no avail. (None of the mods had the courage to stand up and answer, instead the thread was closed). Lets take substantive review on the accountability and the role of our mods. Having said so, I rqst all like minded Jatlanders to substantiate their thoughts on this thread. At the same time I request mods not to luk at this thread contemptuously with disdain…an active participation wud b highly appreciated.

A person is banned frm JL to score their personal vendetta’s/grudges. w/o assigning any reasons or a chance for him to spk his mind. Moreover the mods didn’t even have the courtesy or courage to inform the member of its ban thru a PM…forget abt the warning or reasons thereof. Don’t u think tht its imperative on the part of mods to inform the reasons of the ban, if not the reason, then at least shud hv the courtesy to inform him/her personally…nd how abt sumthin’ called…public WARNING to the member b 4 inflicting this ban or taking sum other extreme step.

Pls. don’t take this as my choleric outburst following my ban frm JL. Our so called altruistic mods, in possession of good intelligence and values nevertheless simply cannot abuse their power by making certain decisions for fellow JATlanders/members. However, when they think they can, and there’s no recourse to those of us on the outside of the process (being banned)…trouble seems to be inevitable. This straightaway indicates the problem of power distribution. The moment someone has inordinate power nd no accountability, the stage is set for abuse. It has happened in the past nd will keep on happening time nd agn…unless few proper guidelines r issued nd implemented.

“True autocrats are not controlled by those they serve”

…btw to whom they r serving…but obviously their own fellow members…all brothers nd sisters…all JATS. guess they hv sufficient grey cells to realize this, if not they hv no right to moderate nd be a moderator…to me it seems they r quite obsessed with the ruling “its my way or no way”. On the contrary they shud understand tht a democratic approach requires conscious fostering and advocacy, and even defense at times, for its survival…if at all it exists on JL.

Its hi time tht a set of guidelines to be issued for the mods as well as for members…on the role they ought to play, thereby not abusing their power. I wud also like to know the selection criteria of a mod? nd wat is the time frame he is suppose to serve? 1 yr, 2 yrs or as long as hi wish…if the proximity to the owner of JL is the criteria, then it shud b discarded straightaway. A unanimous, public candidate is the best person to serve as a mod...i guess narwal ji was picked up like this (m not sure, correct me if I’m wrong).

To substantiate my views…here r sum comments/posts wch I picked up frm my brief existence on JL…no offense to anyone, but these quotes r picked up just to elaborate the growing dissent for our mods.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; July 28th, 2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: highlighted imp. points
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Quote Originally Posted by bharti View Post
    I owe No explanation to anybody here. Mr Nitin Dahiya had asked me to be a Moderator and he must have had some confidence in my decision-making thus nominating me a Moderator. If any, I owe explanation to Only him. Nobody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by vivektaliyan View Post
    I want to ask that Is there any option to know about the reason of behind banned . If mods banned any member should we know the reason behind that member.
    Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    Bhai is Jatland ke Editor jo bhi mene ye dekha hai ki wo ek member ko jawab dena ucchit nahi samjhte...........wo to wahi baat karte hai jo wo chhate hai..... bhai tane aacha lage te tu likhta re mahri(Editors) marji hogi jab chahe lock kar denge or explanation bhi nahi denge..........Tumahre saath jo kiya gaya wo accha nahi hua......istre to ye log ek din is froum ko khatam kar denge
    I was once advised by my brother (His name is in Jatland Wiki/Administrators, I will not disclose here) about this forum and he told me the truth what I see now. In one thread I objected to the language.......but to my surprise none of the Moderators responded to my call.
    If action is not taken timely against these persons then I think in future this forum will remain for humor/time pass and that too for people who have vested interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    If they are not reachable to public,(or willing to be reachable) or not giving a reply when being quiestioned, what's the point to make them MOD's...
    If they don't wish to solve/clarify the matter, why did they opt for Mod's job
    Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    mahrey modde "UNIQUE" sain kai tai ghaney samjh jya sain kai katti na samjhein....:Dso bear with them until they work out to be balanced
    Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    आजकल तो सब जगह इनकी ही सुनी जाती है, यहां आधे से ज्यादा Mods तो जाटणियां ही हैं, एक तो करेला और दूसरे नीम पर भी चढ़ा !
    Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
    The Mods : What's their significance ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    Yeah !! Brown people are also into it !!
    Roti aur fascism ki sabji ka maja hi kuch aur hai !

or maybe they got confused between these two.......... Shubh Labh ...... Sieg Heil

!!! these r just few illustrations tht i was able to pick up !!!
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; July 28th, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tpannu View Post
    I see your point and the rationale but at the same time I find lot of sense in others' sayings, too. In today's world, there is a crying need to be transparent and democratic. This is being desired even in Defence services, where some of the fundamental rights are still not enforceable.

To be fair so as to accommodate both the viewpoints, it may be desirable to review the existing Code of Conduct, if any (alternatively draw one, if there is none and make it transparent after getting majority views). You may also like to consider whether there should be a time limit and/or the number of wrongdoings permitted before putting a blanket ban on an individual.

Incidently, is there any check on sarcasm? It is abundantly being practiced here; I may be excused if I am sounding to be extra sensitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpannu View Post
    I also went thru the thread just above it on the "Agreement", which, too, is locked. Thereafter, I went to the registration procedure & discovered that for the info of newcomers, it has the "Forum Rules", which reproduce the Agreement in part. Visualising that there may be others like me who may not go thru locked threads, and since the issue of banning has invited lot of views against /in favour of the mods, the following suggestions are made for your consideration.

1. Review the existing Agreement & Rules to make them more comprehensive and then combine them into one.

2. While reviewing, it may be desirable to include the procedure for banning a person and the types of bans which could be imposed namely, temp (with time limit & number of mistakes allowed) or permanent. In such cases, review should also be inbuilt.

3. You may then call it as "Terms of Agreement" or "Forum Rules", which should be made available to a newcomer to agree & abide by. For the old timers, there could be one-time notice.

4. Any other suggestions, which members may like to put forward.

Once we do it, the scope for bickering will, in my opinion, get minimised.
    !!! ............. (abv posts by cmdr. pannu makes a lot of sense) ............. !!!

its hi time tht we shud take sum drastic nd concrete steps towards the betterment of JL. I have seen a lot of good members leaving this platform owing to the reasons cited above. At the same time, I believe the opinions expressed here shud be taken in right spirit nd constructively.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; July 28th, 2008 at 12:06 PM.

Talking

Bhai..Nice to see you again on JL . I have already put that issue in other sence......but In jatland mod's are the god 's what they want they can do with out worrying about the outcome.

So If u want to exist here u have to mutter prayers for the mods.
    If mods happy with u then you can freely do any thing with out any fear.:D:D:D
    :tamatar:boxing" Live Every Day As If It Was Your Last, And One Day You Will Be Right!"
    .................¤ॐ¤..............
    :p"लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
    बाऩध साफा जब गाबरू तयार होते....
    देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके....
    और कहते ......
    काश हम भी जाट होते........

Great Time pass stuff again !! :D

I guess this time there will be a 'CONCLUSION' followed by a 'DECISION' and thats enough for making us laugh our hearts out ..... :p

Hope to see a 'HEALTHY' discussion after some 'WEALTHY' comments .....

I dont know why cant people understand that if they have so much problem then why dont they go away rather than singing those old bitterly sad songs each day .....

We have had enough I guess ...... !! This melodrama is getting so monotonous repeat telecast type of thing ..... its like "Krishi Darshan" being telecasted again & again .......... :tamatar Lord save the ones who need to be saved ........

6 is to 5 !
    I reckon the votes favoured in support of moderators,,n MY vote turned out to be culprit
    haha
    Voted FOR them..
    n thats wot I think..
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

My vote in favour of moderators.

good on u...

...La Vida es Bella....

Hey i have also voted in favour of Mods!!!!!!!:rock
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

well..

keep rocking

...La Vida es Bella....

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadhaka View Post
    Great Time pass stuff again !! :D

I guess this time there will be a 'CONCLUSION' followed by a 'DECISION' and thats enough for making us laugh our hearts out ..... :p

Hope to see a 'HEALTHY' discussion after some 'WEALTHY' comments .....

I dont know why cant people understand that if they have so much problem then why dont they go away rather than singing those old bitterly sad songs each day .....

We have had enough I guess ...... !! This melodrama is getting so monotonous repeat telecast type of thing ..... its like "Krishi Darshan" being telecasted again & again .......... :tamatar Lord save the ones who need to be saved ........

within same post = 2 x contradicting statements
    :D
    oooops still folks r lamenting abt their addiction to krishi darshan...ahahaha :p:D
    keep watching...errr krishi darshan...nxt in line up is haryaanvi dance...after a break :D
    however, i appreciate yr. optimism when u said...
    I guess this time there will be a 'CONCLUSION' followed by a 'DECISION'
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; July 28th, 2008 at 07:03 PM.

m in for mods..

apney mods sara din toh time khapa de hain..arr fer ya chaan bhyaan faltu ki..!!

tewatia ji kuch pasand nai aya..koi khatak ra sai tey apna ek tewatia land bnna lyoo...yeh jatland ek achi koshish hai orr aagey badh rahi hai..times cm whn these thngs hapn..take it litely..n u have options to quit thn y don u do it..koi faansi na la rya..!!

arr mods kunsey raam sain...galti bhi ho jati hain..kyun innpey taann di bandook ..??
    Rozz Suraj Ki Tarah Ugg Kar Doobna Nai Chaahtaa..!!
    JAI KILKII TAULL!!!!!!!!

many hv advocated tht:

mods r doin' their job...
    they r not paid for this...
    they r puttin' their time just for nuthin'

i also agree to above, hw ever pls. remember tht's not wat the thread is asking...if u dont hv any suggestions pls do not replicate yr replies...as stated abv. pls. refer the text nd the quoted replies...to hv a grasp on the subject...like :

are they using/misusing their power?
    wats the selection criteria of a mod?
    wats the time frame he is suppose to serve? 1 yr, 2 yrs or as long as hi wish...
    is the proximity to the owner of JL a criteria for being a mod ?

are they reachable to members ?
    who's accountable to their actions (if wrong) ?
    procedure for banning a person ?
    any warnings to be issued or no warnings ?
    any code of conduct tht needs to b followed ?
    any "terms of agreement" or "forum rules" tht shud b made available to the newcomer ?
    any other suggestions for the betterment of JATland !!

Last edited by brahmtewatia; July 28th, 2008 at 07:46 PM.

Members were expected to comment on this Topic instead they are taking sides. I observed from the day one on this forum that members have formed small groups and they support each other irrespective of the contributions made by those persons. I can see here too they are supporting blindly with the hope that they will get some goodies. If people do not have guts to criticize something then they may appreciate it and write something to support it. Do not blindly say I support it. This is not an election, serious issues are involved and we need to draw some conclusion so that transparency could be brought in management of this Forum:

We need to develop a monitoring policy for this Forum which should be consistent with the modern management framework, the purpose of this policy is to define an effective regime to actively monitor the state of management practices and controls throughout the Jatland Forum.
    The expected results of this approach are:
    1) Better information sharing and improved understanding of the effectiveness of management practices and controls, both within members and across forum;
    2) Timely assessments and preventative or remedial actions in areas where control deficiencies or failures have been identified; and
    3) Improved assessments of the effectiveness of JL Forum policies, and earlier identification of the need for adjustments to existing JL Forum policies or for new policies.
    Yoginder Gulia

Members were expected to comment on this Topic instead they are taking sides. I observed from the day one on this forum that members have formed small groups and they support each other irrespective of the contributions made by those persons. I can see here too they are supporting blindly with the hope that they will get some goodies. If people do not have guts to criticize something then they may appreciate it and write something to support it. Do not blindly say I support it. This is not an election, serious issues are involved and we need to draw some conclusion so that transparency could be brought in management of this Forum:

We need to develop a monitoring policy for this Forum which should be consistent with the modern management framework, the purpose of this policy is to define an effective regime to actively monitor the state of management practices and controls throughout the Jatland Forum.
    The expected results of this approach are:
    1) Better information sharing and improved understanding of the effectiveness of management practices and controls, both within members and across forum;
    2) Timely assessments and preventative or remedial actions in areas where control deficiencies or failures have been identified; and
    3) Improved assessments of the effectiveness of JL Forum policies, and earlier identification of the need for adjustments to existing JL Forum policies or for new policies.
    many tks yoginder ji for yr. understanding of the subject. JL is not a property of an individual or a group of individuals. its a PRIDE for every JAT nd JATlander. it wud be appreciated by all members to have your constructive contribution, rather then passing the blame game nd diverting the subject.

Jatland is a forum for jats to interact

Tewatis ji many times I observed that you intentionally diverted the threads way off just to add some humor and your "presumed clever tactics"....many members have the same tendency here.....(me included at times)...AND then we start complaining to mods that look he/she intervened on the thread I started.....and then we need answers to why.....mods why.....why shud mods pushed to ans that......when we play culprits at times.

Now here are a few ques for you to ask yourself.....plz dont trouble yourself answering them here, and you mite get answers of your ques above by yourself

• Being a mod is a volunteer task.....so there "cannot" be a timeframe....
    • There is no such thing called power.....mods are editing or simply moderating henceforth there is no ques as to they are being tyrant and usnig some kinda "POWER"
    • The owner doesnt need to answer why he appointed a mod/editor...if you dont like being here...plz quit
    • they are reachable when ever you want to......leave a voicemail or shoot them a mail...(this is not a job....they mite have other priorities in life, they are not obliged to be here 24*7)
    • Jatland is not a court of law.....that owner/editor/mod has to answer you/us
    • terms and conditions, the banning criteria, warnings are all listed here....plz make some effort to search..

last but not the least...how many mods/people have you met personally who u interact daily, and know them personally ??

Gulia saab.."freedom of speach" people can say anything or write anything....as a matter of fact, cyberlaw allow us to say/vomite/shite anything on the WorldWideWeb, unless its unlawful to be accepted.
    You claim that people have formed small groups...and support each other....dude its a democratic world.....why dont you form a grp of like minded people.....and kick off on some agenda, unless is unbiased and the so called grp you form is balanced and vote you or support you on that ??

And for the sake of devil, tell me one serious issue being discussed here on Jatland or was discussed, which mite have lead to serious consequences and changed the way this world looks now......and plz let the ownere deal with the Management.....I think he has been managing it for a long time now...

Again, JATLAND is not a public property, its a forum owned by a person, if you like being here, thats your choice.....if not plz quit and start managing your own blog....

Enough said...!!
    Last edited by keshavdahiya; July 29th, 2008 at 09:03 AM.
    Keshav Dahiya
    www.dahiya.us

Very sensible post Keshu!

Tevatia ji welcome back!

You will have to learn to draw a line where to stop!

I know , at times people try to challenge your self esteem.

To stay here longer, you need to learn how to ignore people who try to make you feel idiot!
    But we must also be careful and not do the same thing to others! Some times we don't realise our response to a particular post touches somebody personally and negatively as well.

Once, i tried to do the same with Keshav for his comic reply to Sh.Dev Dahia's post. I pointed out a spelling mistake that keshav might have done innocently but thankfully SS Goyat made me realise that I had more spelling errors in my post in Hindi. So it is a learning process! Don't take anything personaly on the site!

I learned one very important lesson here on Jatland. There was a very active member, I think Ashok Dabas. His signature if I remember correctly, read like this "No one can hurt my self esteem without my permission"

Hope to see you here regularly !

cheers!
    Last edited by spdeshwal; July 29th, 2008 at 09:44 AM.

Pher wohe raagad....yet again and again....:boxing
    Fellas, find something useful to do. You won't regret it. Inn baaton
    mein tem munna phooko. :eek:

Step back, curb any egos, err apni bhalyee ki soccho.

Tewatia mere yaar, kucch zaroori kaam na ho tae 'lection lad lyo.
    Bade platform pe aa jao...inn chotti-2 bataan mein kyun tem khovan laag
    re so...
    :eek: I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them.
    :D There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
    Let's agree to respect each other's view, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Quote Originally Posted by raj_rathee View Post
    Pher wohe raagad....yet again and again....:boxing
    Fellas, find something useful to do. You won't regret it. Inn baaton
    mein tem munna phooko. :eek:

Step back, curb any egos, err apni bhalyee ki soccho.

Tewatia mere yaar, kucch zaroori kaam na ho tae 'lection lad lyo.
    Bade platform pe aa jao...inn chotti-2 bataan mein kyun tem khovan laag
    re so...

bhai raj essa hai...wo kehvein hein na...ak... नया नया मुल्ला, अल्लाह अल्लाह बोलता है...तो भाई बोलन दे, जिब थक जाऊंगा तो आपे ही ना चुप बैठ जाऊंगा. :p:D

dear keshav,

the tyranny of JL has driven many members out of this portal. although m not so old here...but thts a fact. as rightly said by u abv, i dont need to answer any of the points highlighted by you, neither i wud b touching yr. personal remarks scratchin' my irascibility...cos any person who has a basic grasp of a...b...c language wud be able to smell the autocratic approach nd the shogunate rule tht u r tryin' to advogate...just to illustrate precisely, i wud like to pinpoint yr. following sentences:
    Quote Originally Posted by keshavdahiya View Post
    * The owner doesnt need to answer why he appointed a mod/editor...if you dont like being here...plz quit
    * Jatland is not a court of law
    *JATLAND is not a public property, its a forum owned by a person, if you like being here, thats your choice
    let me hv these replies from the owner of JL or any of the mods...nd m out frm JL for ever...nd thts my reply to yr. post.

keshav dear if JL management follows yr viewpoint as expressed abv...i can bet bottom dollars tht vry soon this
    platform will become a cesspool of filth aka orkut or any other social public site. jat-world on orkut is hacked by a muslim hacker nd I guess Jatland will also follow the same suit if crippled thoughts start governing the show outta here...hope tht clarifies.

nobody ever asked the mods to take this daunting task wch does not pay them or explains any reason as to y they r wasting their time just for nuthin'. पर भाइयों आपने एक शब्द तो सुना ही होगा..." चौधर "...और ये भी सुना होगा, अक एक जाट को चौधर कितनी प्यारी होती है...i guess tht explains all this रागड़, in plain simple terms.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; July 29th, 2008 at 01:53 PM.