Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by vivektaliyan View Post
    Vijay bhai thanks for providing the important link. I have visited the link first time and I have got the chance to know the opinion of other members who are not contributing to this thread due to any reason.:p

And anil bhai If u have checked out the link then there is nothing to say....
    Dear , I did read that thread , and the thread referred by Satyeshwar on that thread as well.

Still hold my opinions!

Cheers,
    Anil

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post

Much better than killing time on spitting abuses , sarcasm , anger on fellow Jats and/or making differencing remarks on Jats of UP / Haryana and/or fighting on the history of Jats and/or relating everything to Jats

Alternate can never be the sublime solution unless zenith of everything is alternative
    It's better to be alone than in a bad company.

lol :D even am curious ...

Quote Originally Posted by sandeepkadian05 View Post
    Do the mods hand out any award for most idiotic and illogical thread.. This one has got to take the cake....
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

"Birthday" business

This ‘happy birthday’ issue has been discussed earlier in different threads, I have also expressed my views and repeating everything here is, in my opinion, sheer waste of time.

Very funny ideas are being poured in here. One member has opined “I would like to wish even a stranger on his or her birthday”. I request such nice members to spare this Jatland website and adopt another nice method – every morning, keep a flower-basket on your head, go to a crowded market-place with a banner in your hand “Those who have their happy birthday today, please come forward and pick up a flower – gratis from me”.

Is it necessary to write a thread on everyone’s birthday when there are dozens of options available to express this – sending PM/ VM/ e-mail etc. through Jatland, personal e-mail messaging, e-cards, personal phone calls and so on. If there is so much of enthusiasm for such ‘nice’ activities – better request administrators to start a special “happy birthday” forum with a provision that threads will be automatically deleted after a week or ten days.

Jatland is not a restricted website – it is open and accessible for everyone - member or non-member. Is it wise to tell the whole world that today is birthday of so-and-so jatlander? Please inculcate some sense – believe it, in today’s cyber-world it is also a security risk !
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by renutewatia View Post
    but the scars still remain on my profile homepage. I hope and request admin. to look into the matter to sort out this problem. I can oblige all these distinguished members by giving them web addresses of various nari-niketan's, orphanages so that they can carry on with this sterling task and satisfy their urge of communal harmony or service to mankind.
    Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    I request such nice members to spare this Jatland website and adopt another nice method – every morning, keep a flower-basket on your head, go to a crowded market-place with a banner in your hand “Those who have their happy birthday today, please come forward and pick up a flower – gratis from me”.
    :D:D:D very nice, practical nd creative ideas !!! :D:D:D
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Wink

Agar aap dekhe to nothing is there but ye baat hajam nahi ho rahi thi ki jo member joining ke baad dikha tak nahi hai usse bhi hamare members contact rakhte hai...nice work .:D
    Bhai re vivek agar na hajam hondi se te hajme ka churan kha le thik se. Sare Jat ek saman se chahe koi JL pe aave ya na aave. kise tain raji kar te mahari aangliya mein koi farak nahi padta se, thik se razi raho ar razi rakho jigdgi ke bera ke din ki se.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by renutewatia View Post
    but the scars still remain on my profile homepage.
    You know I actually find that very hilarious! Comparing wishes by someone to scars?

If people are that sensitive , its shocking to find that they are oblivious to the obvious scars that people paint on let's say other parts on the Jatland.

Please inculcate some sense – believe it, in today’s cyber-world it is also a security risk !
    With due regards Sir , Probably if someone is willing enough to put his/her profile /details on Web , he/she should be prepared for even the fat tail events. People not understanding the risk profile should I guess refrain from doing that in any case.(Wishes or no wishes).

And if someone is telling me that he/she is so passionate about his/her profile on JL , that a few posts by unknown are like "SCARS" or something similar , I dont buy the idea! That passion should convert to something very constructive , if not I dont categorise that as passion.

==============

To end it from my side , I find no wrong doings in going to some one's profile and wishing him/her and/or sending PM and/or writing emails and/or writing in a comon thread.
    Ofcourse I am against one thread for one person approach(And I am being repetitive because I even supported the idea of one single thread for the bulk of jokes rather than 1 for each one).

Okie , for all those who are against wishes and who believe its quite comical to do the same answer this one for me please !

How may times have you turned your face away from a lil child smiling at you ( ofcourse the child u dont know ! ) ?

Are you offended to take those precious jewels?

No better sight that the gorgeous , heavenly smile of that lil kid!

Friends , life is about felicitation

==========

Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.

==========

Please invest in constructive things !
    Vijay , I did not put forth my opinions on the thread that you gave me in link. I did put forward on this thread and for what I was answering on , please refer to the first post and/or the one quoted in this post of mine as well.

Vivek was concerned not about the number of new threads , but even against wishing someone in his/her private messages etc.

Now as Renu Tewatia ( a new member ) has said that she did not like the wishes and asked moderatros/admins to make her profile safe , I guess everyone can do that. Infact I am pretty sure that there would be options as to restrict people to commenting on the profile visitor messages. If not , then this option can be provided.

But if some one's profile is up on Internet to be visited , I do not believe that it's a bad idea to wish them if someone feels like. I personally have never wished anyone I have no ideas about but a couple with whom I have never interacted BECAUSE I do have a sense of gratitude , praise and appreciation for their contributions on the forum.

And as Sandeep Kadian pointed out , if ever there was an award for the stupidity of the thread , this one is deserving enough.

And i do reiterate please invest in constructive things.

==================================
    Of course I concured this one in my previous post , but for sure another questions to the Mods:

Waht do you do to enhance the quality of posts on the forum ? Are there any sincere efforts in this regards?

Anyone looking at the quality of posts other than the work of screening posts for abuse and other things!!!

WE do have lots of examples of :

1. Blank Posts.
    2. Half Liners.
    3. totally irrelevant posts.
    4. History mixed with Chemistry! :eek:
    5. Curse on our religious Gods.
    6. Casteist and sect specific / targetting posts.

==========

And for all those who are against wishing someone on his birthday , If you can tolerate the above mentioned nonsense and comic , I am pretty sure you should be indifferent to someone wishing another person.
    Or do I assume you find fun in the above mentioned things ?
    Anil, the link i provided in my previous post was not specifically for you but it was for everyone who is posting as well as reading the discussion going on this thread.

Thanks , my point was that though I am against daily 5-6 threads on Birthday wishes , there ain't any wrong in wishing someone in his/her visitor messages so I was making clear what I was intending to say!

I think you still remember that few months back there was almost a competition between some members that who will post the B'day wishes thread for whom. B'day threads are not allowed these days and maybe new members don't know how, when and why that happened. To avoid any discussion on this topic here again i just posted that link so that new members can read and analyze.

My memory is not SMA , its an EMA with weights biased towards the recent happenings! Kidding!

Renu also brought forward a genuine point when strangers fill up someone's mail box with trucks full of unwanted wishes . It's strange that some people just wish randomly.

All these people need exclusive training from Shweta for that wonderful "click"magic tool! Shweta , can you please volunteer to teach that "MAGIC" !

So, in my opinion one should at least know about the person whom they are wishing instead of checking out daily calender and doing the job.

Much better than killing time on spitting abuses , sarcasm , anger on fellow Jats and/or making differencing remarks on Jats of UP / Haryana and/or fighting on the history of Jats and/or relating everything to Jats
    Dear , I did read that thread , and the thread referred by Satyeshwar on that thread as well.

Still hold my opinions!

Cheers,
    Anil
    You know I actually find that very hilarious! Comparing wishes by someone to scars?

If people are that sensitive , its shocking to find that they are oblivious to the obvious scars that people paint on let's say other parts on the Jatland.

With due regards Sir , Probably if someone is willing enough to put his/her profile /details on Web , he/she should be prepared for even the fat tail events. People not understanding the risk profile should I guess refrain from doing that in any case.(Wishes or no wishes).

And if someone is telling me that he/she is so passionate about his/her profile on JL , that a few posts by unknown are like "SCARS" or something similar , I dont buy the idea! That passion should convert to something very constructive , if not I dont categorise that as passion.

==============

To end it from my side , I find no wrong doings in going to some one's profile and wishing him/her and/or sending PM and/or writing emails and/or writing in a comon thread.
    Ofcourse I am against one thread for one person approach(And I am being repetitive because I even supported the idea of one single thread for the bulk of jokes rather than 1 for each one).
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
    This is not about Jatland.com .... Thread starting from nonsense question .. getting nonsense replies ... and is continued for so long ... Are all mods too bsy !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandeepkadian05 View Post
    Do the mods hand out any award for most idiotic and illogical thread.. This one has got to take the cake....
    pls. b informed tht this thread has bn selected for the annual award distribution ceremony tht wud b held on gandhi jayanti, 2nd october :D

so i thought, to recommend anil's name as best constructive contributor for the efforts nd time he has taken to put forth his viewpoints despite of the fact tht this thread was rendered illogical nd idiotic by fellow JATlanders (confessed by anil himself :p )
    pls. don't kill me... nd take it on a lighter note (honestly, i swear no bad intentions of being sarcastic or watever... pls. take it in good humor... my humble request)

This ‘happy birthday’ issue has been discussed earlier in different threads, I have also expressed my views and repeating everything here is, in my opinion, sheer waste of time.

Very funny ideas are being poured in here. One member has opined “I would like to wish even a stranger on his or her birthday”. I request such nice members to spare this Jatland website and adopt another nice method – every morning, keep a flower-basket on your head, go to a crowded market-place with a banner in your hand “Those who have their happy birthday today, please come forward and pick up a flower – gratis from me”.

Is it necessary to write a thread on everyone’s birthday when there are dozens of options available to express this – sending PM/ VM/ e-mail etc. through Jatland, personal e-mail messaging, e-cards, personal phone calls and so on. If there is so much of enthusiasm for such ‘nice’ activities – better request administrators to start a special “happy birthday” forum with a provision that threads will be automatically deleted after a week or ten days.

Jatland is not a restricted website – it is open and accessible for everyone - member or non-member. Is it wise to tell the whole world that today is birthday of so-and-so jatlander? Please inculcate some sense – believe it, in today’s cyber-world it is also a security risk !
    :tamatar:boxing" Live Every Day As If It Was Your Last, And One Day You Will Be Right!"
    .................¤ॐ¤..............
    :p"लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
    बाऩध साफा जब गाबरू तयार होते....
    देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके....
    और कहते ......
    काश हम भी जाट होते........

I request to the team of members involving in making birthday wishies to come forward and pls give ur views. :p

Tell to THE WHOLE JL ABOUT THE FEELING COMES AFTER MAKING BHIRTHDAY'S WISHES :D
    :tamatar:boxing" Live Every Day As If It Was Your Last, And One Day You Will Be Right!"
    .................¤ॐ¤..............
    :p"लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
    बाऩध साफा जब गाबरू तयार होते....
    देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके....
    और कहते ......
    काश हम भी जाट होते........

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    pls. b informed tht this thread has bn selected for the annual award distribution ceremony tht wud b held on gandhi jayanti, 2nd october :D.......

Why did u choose the day of 2nd oct (Gandhi Jayanti) for this auspicious function. :D
    And I think that the awardee should be Mr. Vivek Taliyan. He really deserves this award. His foresight caused him to create this thread. I vote goes to him. :D
    And I would like to again admire his perception, His recent post is notable. I'm sure that it'll create values for all Jatlanders. :D
    Jatlanders please come and give him your big hands to create this thread a big nonsense zone. :D :D
    Kudos to you Vivek.

I request to the team of members involving in making birthday wishies to come forward and pls give ur views. :p
    Tell to THE WHOLE JL ABOUT THE FEELING COMES AFTER MAKING BHIRTHDAY'S WISHES :D
    Last edited by PrashantHooda; September 19th, 2008 at 08:03 PM.

Login to view details.
    pls. b informed tht this thread has bn selected for the annual award distribution ceremony tht wud b held on gandhi jayanti, 2nd october :D

so i thought, to recommend anil's name as best constructive contributor for the efforts nd time he has taken to put forth his viewpoints despite of the fact tht this thread was rendered illogical nd idiotic by fellow JATlanders (confessed by anil himself :p )
    pls. don't kill me... nd take it on a lighter note (honestly, i swear no bad intentions of being sarcastic or watever... pls. take it in good humor... my humble request)
    And this was exactly the reason I gave you the compliment( on some other thread a couple of days ago) of being precise irrespective of whether you are accurate or not!

Talking

i too believe in this Sir..
    Regards
    Vivek:rock

Talking

:D.............:D
    Vivek ji .................Thanx a lot for bringing it in our notice that you are a "BELIEVER". :D :D

(please don't take otherwise)

Quote Originally Posted by viveklamba View Post
    i too believe in this Sir..
    Regards
    Vivek:rock

very right point you raised.....and here's my opinion

as told by our moderators, the total no. of members are around 11000 and is always on an increase....that means after every second/third day we might have somebody here to wish on his/her B'day.....though very interesting at our part and extremely enjoyable at receiver's part, but it......lead to heavy bulk of such similar threads and will make it seem like organised for b'day wishes only....sometimes, there falls 2-3 b'days together and then every group likes to wish in their own style

......i don't say that one should not be wished.....you should, whether you know the person or not (ur choice)......its another little way to give a happy feeling to the person ......but.....can be done through private message or visitor's message......instead of creating number of threads which will not create any new productive thought or better understanding

also how much you feel for a person can be expressed personally thru msgs but not by making it public.....public issues are of greater concern, not like b'day wishes type

so wish everyone or whoever you like but don't waste the threads and important space created by special efforts of the administrators

Regards
    Neelam

[quote=brahmtewatia;181187]pls. b informed tht this thread has bn selected for the annual award distribution ceremony tht wud b held on gandhi jayanti, 2nd october :D

I have a feeling that you might be up for some rewards too in case such a function is organised....

Talking Hidden Issues

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    very right point you raised.....
    Hello Neelam ji,
    Very nice to read precious views on this thread.
    Actually U and some other fellow members as well, have diverted the issue of this thread. :D
    For your better knowledge (thought you already have the best but "citation" needed :D) the thread was started with a motive to seek objections on the actions of the a few members, those who, visit every day to the profiles of the "b'day guys" and wish them.
    Our honorable member Mr. Vivek sought the following objectionS . (the first thread is quoted below, I'm explaining each sentence, what I have understood and what Vivek ji wanted to say. :p ):-
    So pls pay your attentions to this very very important issue.

1. Now a few members are unemployed they don't have any job. They pass their time by wishing the members.
    (Wishing someone is a pass time or a business :confused. Kam se kam 10 minutes to pass ho hi jaate honge unke. :D)

2. Some people have created a team (or I say a group).
    ( It's better to wish some one but going there in a team is a damn ****, It's not a good thing. Uski profile to dar jaati hogi bechaari , kahi ye usse cakes chhin ke market me to nahi bech dete hai. :D )

3.This teams wishes even to those members who are not daily visitors and don't contribute to the forum.
    (Unko wish mat karo chaahe unke paas time ho ya nahi ho. Ye bhi ho sakta hai ye team unknown logo ke paas apni team ke membership ka proposal leke jaatI ho :D)

4. The actions of this team are not meaning full.
    ( Itani badi team hokar bhi unme se kisi ke paas bhi deeda nahi hai kya . Apni forum ke members ko b'day wish karna bhi koi etiquettes me aata hai kya. Ye cheez etiquettes me shamil nahi hai ke aap apni forum ke members ko b'day wish kare. Team members keep it in your mind :D)

5.Aur ye team apni man marzi chalati karti hai. Har kaam "sensible sa" nahi karti hai.
    (Aur me dekh raha hun ki vo abhi bhi wish kar rahe hai. Shayad yaa to vo is thread ko padhte nahi hai yaa fir yaa fir padh ke ignore kar dete hai. :D)

6. The mentality of this team is very sick.
    (Yadi unke kaam me koi interfere kare to bekaar me bhakheda kar dete hai :D)

I think, I have explored all the hidden issues. So Neelam ji, Bram ji, Anil ji and other honorable members, kindly suggest the forum how to get rid of this critical problem. :D

Hi all,
    Pls don't take my words in wrong sence but I have noticed ki aaj kal jatlanders ko koi kaam nahi reh gaya hai..Unhe time pass ka ek sabse aacha optin JL per mil gaya hai . vo hai birthday wish karna

Kisi Bhi JL member ka birthday hota hai to team pahunch jati hai birthday wish karne. Mein ye nahi kehta ki ye galat hai par aap members muze batayege ki jo member joining ke baad se JL par aaya tak nahi hai, Na hi usne koi reply kiya , na koi thread likha ..means no contribution in any means ..then what is the mean for all that..

Mein yahan par koi bhi bakheda nahi karna chahuga . Muze pata hai ki aap log yahi kahege ki hamari marji...It's ok it's your deceision..par koi sence nahi banti.

Lage raho india......

Again pls koi bakheda nahi...just simply reply

Login to view details.
    [quote=sandeepkadian05;181375]

I have a feeling that you might be up for some rewards too in case such a function is organised....
    Woh kunsa dialogue sai Ritu di waala ? :p

he he he he ! am not writing it ! :D

For Brahm Sir : I would raise : The most "PRECISE" Person on JL

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by prashanthooda View Post
    Hello Neelam ji,
    Very nice to read precious views on this thread.
    Actually U and some other fellow members as well, have diverted the issue of this thread. :D
    For your better knowledge (thought you already have the best but "citation" needed :D) the thread was started with a motive to seek objections on the actions of the a few members, those who, visit every day to the profiles of the "b'day guys" and wish them.
    Our honorable member Mr. Vivek sought the following objectionS . (the first thread is quoted below, I'm explaining each sentence, what I have understood and what Vivek ji wanted to say. ):-
    So pls pay your attentions to this very very important issue.

1. Now a few members are unemployed they don't have any job. They pass their time by wishing the members.
    (Wishing someone is a pass time or a business :confused. Kam se kam 10 minutes to pass ho hi jaate honge unke. )

2. Some people have created a team (or I say a group).
    ( It's better to wish some one but going there in a team is a damn ****, It's not a good thing. Uski profile to dar jaati hogi bechaari , kahi ye usse cakes chhin ke market me to nahi bech dete hai. )

3.This teams wishes even to those members who are not daily visitors and don't contribute to the forum.
    (Unko wish mat karo chaahe unke paas time ho ya nahi ho. Ye bhi ho sakta hai ye team unknown logo ke paas apni team ke membership ka proposal leke jaatI ho )

4. The actions of this team are not meaning full.
    ( Itani badi team hokar bhi unme se kisi ke paas bhi deeda nahi hai kya . Apni forum ke members ko b'day wish karna bhi koi etiquettes me aata hai kya. Ye cheez etiquettes me shamil nahi hai ke aap apni forum ke members ko b'day wish kare. Team members keep it in your mind )

5.Aur ye team apni man marzi chalati karti hai. Har kaam "sensible sa" nahi karti hai.
    (Aur me dekh raha hun ki vo abhi bhi wish kar rahe hai. Shayad yaa to vo is thread ko padhte nahi hai yaa fir yaa fir padh ke ignore kar dete hai. )

6. The mentality of this team is very sick.
    (Yadi unke kaam me koi interfere kare to bekaar me bhakheda kar dete hai :D)

I think, I have explored all the hidden issues. So Neelam ji, Bram ji, Anil ji and other honorable members, kindly suggest the forum how to get rid of this critical problem. :D

this kind of humour can help :D Kudos! :D Sincerely!