Thread: !!!...??? Aao khaayein par kyo ???...!!!

Red face !!!...??? Aao khaayein par kyo ???...!!!

Scene 1 : “Hey u know Isha loves chocolate ice cream & coke …. !!”

Scene 2 : “Tumhaare muh me ghee shakkar … nopes…..I mean tumhaare muh me burger, pizza & all such yummies ….”

In scene 1, Isha is just a bit more than an year old & is often pampered with ice creams & cold drinks ….

In scene 2, a teenage boy is evidently replacing the old ‘tumhaare muh me ghee shakkar’ with ‘tumhaare muh me pizza etc ….’

Now the worry: Speedily mounting fondness towards fast food inspite of its apparent negative impact on health & obviously it starts with taking a quick toll on digestion.

Going for a casual shopping spree or may be a hang out nowadays ‘essentially’ means some chat pakoris, or some pizzas, or ice creams, etc etc….

Pampering & showering love even on an year old child means making him savor ice cream, cold drink, chocolate or the likes ! And of course the small kids & the grown ups have their own special items to be tasted and enjoyed.

And all this happens after knowing that consuming such items will surely lead to a bad stomach, acidity, excessive oil intake, in digestion etc leaving aside the long term effects ! But we do relish fast foods and overlook the after effects ! May I ask WHY SO ? Why are we becoming slaves to our tongue so strongly ? Where will this tendency lead us ?

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadhaka View Post

Scene 2 : “Tumhaare muh me ghee shakkar … nopes…..I mean tumhaare muh me burger, pizza & all such yummies ….”

In scene 1, Isha is just a bit more than an year old & is often pampered with ice creams & cold drinks ….

In scene 2, a teenage boy is evidently replacing the old ‘tumhaare muh me ghee shakkar’ with ‘tumhaare muh me pizza etc ….’

Now the worry: Speedily mounting fondness towards fast food inspite of its apparent negative impact on health & obviously it starts with taking a quick toll on digestion.

Going for a casual shopping spree or may be a hang out nowadays ‘essentially’ means some chat pakoris, or some pizzas, or ice creams, etc etc….

Pampering & showering love even on an year old child means making him savor ice cream, cold drink, chocolate or the likes ! And of course the small kids & the grown ups have their own special items to be tasted and enjoyed.

And all this happens after knowing that consuming such items will surely lead to a bad stomach, acidity, excessive oil intake, in digestion etc leaving aside the long term effects ! But we do relish fast foods and overlook the after effects ! May I ask WHY SO ? Why are we becoming slaves to our tongue so strongly ? Where will this tendency lead us ?

Aadarniye Mohtrama Sahiba Shweta Ji,

1. Taste is one thing
    2. Fir time abb fast food hai toh fast se ban jaayega na.
    3. Khaane mein time ki bachhat
    4. aapko hamare(Indian) khaane type bartan ki jaroorat nahi... bass ek kaagaz ki paaalate arr tissue bahut hai
    5. arr fer doosre khaane se sasta bhi hai...

Arr finally insaan khaali Jibh ka nahi bahut cheezo ka Gulam rehta aaya hai.

Par yo thread shuru karne ke paache intention na samjh aayi. Jaagriti laao ho ke aap Madam ji. Ya Jagiriti naa aan aali yaade... Nue pizza arr burger arr puff khaavenge log toh. Arr iss par discussion bhi ke karein ?

This tendency will lead us to all be Yokozunas(ek WWF ka wrestler tha) or u may say Adnan Sami. Heart problem arr ve jo peth ke bhitar badh ke aapne itni bimaari ginwaadi we saari.

Waise, bahut jyada log bhi nahi khaate mere anumaan se. Meri company mein toh log avoid karte hai sabhi mainly juice aur fruit par nirbhar hai(but not all). Log samajhdaar ho rahe hai meri tarah ... hehehe :p
    Last edited by dkumars; August 11th, 2008 at 12:23 PM.

Wow... Ice-Cream...mooh me paani...hehehe !

Scene 1: Parenting??
    Scene 2: Better not stop them.

Is fast-food seeming to be the only future food? Will you call this as westernization or something? If your answer is yes, then please answer me one question... do we Asians live better or any healthier than those in the West? hmmm... not really!!

Anyways, fast-food is not something which can be taken as part of all three meals in a day. Let's not stop ourselves from fast-food...let's start promoting exercising the body. Let's promote living healthy. If health becomes a part of culture then fast-food will disappear
    fast.

Eat as you like, but do exercise...daily!!
    Last edited by sumitsehrawat; August 11th, 2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: "mooh me paani ...hehehe" added :)!

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    .. do we Asians live better or any healthier than those in the West? hmmm... not really!!

This is the real irony .... 'westernisation' as you may call it is never bad, bad is the manner in which we accept it - take the roses and turn our backs to the thorns ! :rolleyes:

People there take fast foods but the fast food there, has some quality standards and apart from that they work hard to fight those extra calories and burden on the stomach ..... unlike most of the Indians who try taking some Isabgols etc to save themselves from the morning blues :o .... and the fun part is ...... they arent saved and they 'pay' for it :rock

.... 'westernisation' as you may call it is never bad,
    Precisely!! It is not bad.

they work hard to fight those extra calories and burden on the stomach ..... :rock
    Well Shweta, you just happened to answer your concerns. I think no different!!
    Last edited by sumitsehrawat; August 11th, 2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: indentation...

This is the real irony .... 'westernisation' as you may call it is never bad, bad is the manner in which we accept it - take the roses and turn our backs to the thorns ! :rolleyes:

People there take fast foods but the fast food there, has some quality standards and apart from that they work hard to fight those extra calories and burden on the stomach ..... unlike most of the Indians who try taking some Isabgols etc to save themselves from the morning blues :o .... and the fun part is ...... they arent saved and they 'pay' for it :rock
    Shweta ji most obese people in world are in North America. USA is worried too much about obese kids and their percentage is close to 50%.
    This is all due to fast foods. In USA obesity's associated costs add $93 billion to the nation's medical bill annually.
    Yoginder Gulia

occassional eating these foods does not hurt much.but when it becomes habit then the problem starts....but people are really getting carefull of what they eat these days.aajkal to roti sabzi kha kah ke hi motapa chad ja hai to forget about pizza and burger.main thing is lack of exercise.calorie intake vs calories burnt.if former gets more then tha latter ......then problem starts
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    Shweta ji most obese people in world are in North America. USA is worried too much about obese kids and their percentage is close to 50%.
    This is all due to fast foods. In USA obesity's associated costs add $93 billion to the nation's medical bill annually.
    And then also we are following their footsteps ! Arent we becoming slaves to our tongues ?

Quote Originally Posted by ritu View Post
    occassional eating these foods does not hurt much.but when it becomes habit then the problem starts....but people are really getting carefull of what they eat these days.aajkal to roti sabzi kha kah ke hi motapa chad ja hai to forget about pizza and burger.main thing is lack of exercise.calorie intake vs calories burnt.if former gets more then tha latter ......then problem starts
    Di sabji me itne masaale & ghee tail hota hai to usse bhi motaapa dheere dheere chadega hi ... par ek samosa poore din me khaaye khane se jyada calories add kar deta hai .....

Isse ho kya raha hai, diabetes, bloodpressure,heart problems common ho rahi hain, thodi door paidal chalne me saans chad jaati hai, kaamvaali saara kaam karti hain fir bhi thakaan nahi utarti kayi ladies ki.... ekdum fit & active kitne log hote hain aajkal?

Problem ye hai ki sab jaanne ke baad chote chote bachho ko bhi yehi sab khilaaya jaata hai .... cold drinks, ice creams, wafers ye sab chote bachho ko itna jyada nuksaan karta hai par pyar dikhaane ke liye ye khilaate hain aur fir bachho ko ye itne swad lagte hain ki wo doodh, dahi, roti khaate hi nahi ...... ye bhavishya dete hain hum unhe bhi ......

Di sabji me itne masaale & ghee tail hota hai to usse bhi motaapa dheere dheere chadega hi ... par ek samosa poore din me khaaye khane se jyada calories add kar deta hai .....

Isse ho kya raha hai, diabetes, bloodpressure,heart problems common ho rahi hain, thodi door paidal chalne me saans chad jaati hai, kaamvaali saara kaam karti hain fir bhi thakaan nahi utarti kayi ladies ki.... ekdum fit & active kitne log hote hain aajkal?

Problem ye hai ki sab jaanne ke baad chote chote bachho ko bhi yehi sab khilaaya jaata hai .... cold drinks, ice creams, wafers ye sab chote bachho ko itna jyada nuksaan karta hai par pyar dikhaane ke liye ye khilaate hain aur fir bachho ko ye itne swad lagte hain ki wo doodh, dahi, roti khaate hi nahi ...... ye bhavishya dete hain hum unhe bhi ......

Mohtrama ji... Chahe app 100 pizze khaaloo ya burger ya taatte taate kutte(Hot Dog ) innse koi obesity nahi hone waali... kemme khaalo arr fer roz 10 km bhajlo(running) ... aadha ghanta laagega basss... sataaamina ka saaataamina arr shareer bhi mast.
    Ibb saara din ye chat pakodi arr pizze khaa ke saas bahu ke naakat dekho ya fer iss dhobre(compooooter) ke maah aankh gaade rahoge toh mehs toh hona laazmi e hai. Kemme kaam dhanda(sharirik) karo toh kemme baat bhi.

Arr iska sudhha sa udhaaran deko ... woh baladh(bail) arr khaagad(Bull) mein difference bera hai na ... Khaagad kunse burger pizze bathure khaa hai par kemme kaam e naa karega toh obese toh hona hi hona. Isliye khaane ke anusaar kaam karo aur mast rahooooooooo
    Last edited by dkumars; August 12th, 2008 at 11:54 AM.

Red face

Source: http://olympics.timesofindia.indiati...ow/3356009.cms

I hate losing, says all-conquering Phelps

Fighting his draining schedule with a copious diet of pasta and pizza, the Baltimore phenomenon suggested that conquering sleep was almost as big a challenge as anything he faced in the Water Cube.
    :o!!

You are right Sumit, it is "Energy in, Energy out"

Look at what the Super hero Michael Phelphs's daily calorie intake is:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...006922,00.html

Cheers!

kemme khaalo arr fer roz 10 km bhajlo(running) ... aadha ghanta laagega basss... sataaamina ka saaataamina arr shareer bhi mast.
    Devender I have a question see what u wrote do u really run 10km in half an hour ?

Quote Originally Posted by ashokdahiya819 View Post
    kemme khaalo arr fer roz 10 km bhajlo(running) ... aadha ghanta laagega basss... sataaamina ka saaataamina arr shareer bhi mast.
    Devender I have a question see what u wrote do u really run 10km in half an hour ?
    But sorry to say only a handful of people do run or do proper exercise and thats what the concern is all about ! One can even eat stones and digest it if he undergoes proper workout, but no one does that leaving some exceptions (yeah exceptions ....) aside !

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    You are right Sumit, it is "Energy in, Energy out"

Look at what the Super hero Michael Phelphs's daily calorie intake is:

Cheers!
    Sir, Phelphs has full day at his disposal to burn out the huge calorie intakes & fortunately his 'profession' blesses him with 'calorie fighting' as a compulsion & not choice ! But when it is all about choice then how many of us take time out of our hectic routines to do proper exercise?

Its possible for the people who have gymnasium facilities in their offices to do some exercises, but the service class people with tight packed routines are either heavily packed with their routines or gradually become reluctant and start overlooking their bulging stomachs.

And irony is that even then they cant resist themselves from delicacies with oil and heavy calorific values. They fall prey to their tongue, even after knowing that they are not going to burn out these extra calories.

Becoming slave to the tongues, just for the sake of deriving some momentary pleasure is the point of concern. How many of us have a habit of overeating just because the food is tasty ? How many of us cant stop eating even after knowing that they are bloating their tummy and will have to take some medicine to fight with this self-acquired acidity & indigestion? Believe me there are many ..... who do this knowingly or unknowingly ....

I dont get why we are indulging into comparing this situation with the situation prevailing in other countries.... I am talking about humanity as a whole .... I dont intend to compare the country wise eating habits !

I intended to ponder over this general & nowadays highly increasing tendency to eat & make merry even after knowing that we are not going to do any exercise or running.

The salaried class has started spending a huge sum on outside foods. 'Having dinner outside' tendency has increased many folds even when there is no problem in cooking food at home, just because ...." aaj ye khaane ka bahut mun kar raha hai .... aaj waha ka shahi paneer khaate hain .... aaj waha ka chicken ...." ...etc... AND please ....... ye log exercise nahi karte ......... aur inki ginti aasharyajanak roop se badh rahi hai .....

Bharat -- hamaara desh jo swayam pe sanyam rakhne ke aneko udharano se bhara hai jeebh ka daas hota prateet hota hai .......

shweta ji

bera to sab n s ki ke fayda s or k nuksan s
    par swad chhodna itna aasan thodi s
    swad len ki aadat pade pachhe achhe bure, sahi galat ka khyal kit rahve s
    so dont take tension and enjoy...
    JATS R GENIOUS :o

Quote Originally Posted by ashokdahiya819 View Post

hahahaha gud question brother ... Well, First thing tell me where did i say ki mein 100 pizze khata hoon? But sometime i too take junk food. Yeah, i do heavy workout for around 1-1.5 hrs daily(weekdays, sat sun off) and i run around 3 kms. So, i feel according to my intake i burn enough calories to stay fit. Hope, it clears ur doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    hahahaha gud question brother ... Well, First thing tell me where did i say ki mein 100 pizze khata hoon? But sometime i too take junk food. Yeah, i do heavy workout for around 1-1.5 hrs daily(weekdays, sat sun off) and i run around 3 kms. So, i feel according to my intake i burn enough calories to stay fit. Hope, it clears ur doubt.
    Devender, yr point is 100 % correct. Our body is a bank account, we have to monitor the deposit (intake) and withdrawal (workout). If deposit is more than withdrawal than size of account will be more, quite natural. So there is no need to worry about extra deposit, just go for same withdrawal
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement