Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How to crack interviews/written ?

Lightbulb A question

In case we are seeking a job change and we have been only for few months in our present organisation. It may be because we didnt liked the working environment or just we arent feeling like working here for long.

What can be the ways to answer the interviewer satisfactorily on the question "Why you wish to leave your present organisation within such a short period and how can you assure us that you will not leave ours within such a short period of time?"

In case one is not mentally satisfied with the work at hand and there is no other 'solid' reason; then should that person chalk out a serious reason just for the sake of convincing the interviewer or he should portray that reason as something bigger? If this should be the case then how it should be moulded/portrayed/presented so as to make it convincing?

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadhaka View Post
    In case we are seeking a job change and we have been only for few months in our present organisation. It may be because we didnt liked the working environment or just we arent feeling like working here for long.

What can be the ways to answer the interviewer satisfactorily on the question "Why you wish to leave your present organisation within such a short period and how can you assure us that you will not leave ours within such a short period of time?"

In case one is not mentally satisfied with the work at hand and there is no other 'solid' reason; then should that person chalk out a serious reason just for the sake of convincing the interviewer or he should portray that reason as something bigger? If this should be the case then how it should be moulded/portrayed/presented so as to make it convincing?

Hmm bit difficult to convince the interviewer. I can share with u what i normally used to say, as i always give lots of interview without having the intension for the change. I usually told them that my company doesn't have any projects here in NCR so they r deputing me to Chennai although i don't have location contrains but i am having a breathing problem and u know chennai is so humid so it won't suit me.
    But it also depends on kind of job u r into. So may be some other members will share their experience.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by nishantrathi82 View Post
    But it also depends on kind of job u r into. So may be some other members will share their experience.

Not an expert on this. Its my first job and am not even thinking of a changea t least for a couple of years !

So I am also eager to hear from others on this !

Nice Questions Shweta!

Though it depends on individual basis but few of the excuses for short term job changes could be:

• Job description is not what was promised
    • Work environment is not very friendly
    • Distance to office is far, no transport provided as promised(Magic stick for those communiting between Delhi and Gurgaon)
    • After joining and experiencing, i feel the growth opportunities are limited

• I wish to change my sector (if you continued)

If not - I wish to continue in the same sector, this is where i excel

And yes, forcing me to enter a contract :-) works too
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Freasher friends... write ur queries here. There are many ppl who can answer ur questions.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    These kind of threads should be kept higher so that new people can take advantage. Ofcourse making them sticky might be a lil too much to ask , but then there must be something of an in between kind of arrangement.

Satyeshwar , Admins , can you please help us work on this , I believe that each section here should also have a individual store of let's say 5-10 threads each which have really stimulated audience and produced quality arguments!

Yes judging this would be subjective , but a thread like this is an obvious contender.

In the era of so many changes for good on JL , let each one do more.

Am ready for responsibilities on suggesting similar threads if you wish me to to do this!

Also very helpful would be to cut out the not so informative content from the one which is really quality and put them together as a package. JL should be not be behind in the concept of creating a knowledge base society !

www.vikaspanwar.com

Ask Me...

www.vikaspanwar.com

Being in HR and i can help you in making better resume /and lots of tips for interview.
    Vikas Panwar
    ----------------------------------------------------