Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Google Vs Microsoft

Smile

Google Chrome Keyboard shortcuts:

Ctrl+B toggles the bookmarks bar on and off.
    Shift+Escape opens Google Chrome's Task Manager.
    Ctrl+L to move your cursor to the address bar.
    Ctrl+K moves your cursor to the address bar to enter a Google search.

Ctrl+T opens a new tab.
    Ctrl+N opens a new window.
    Ctrl+Shift+T opens the last closed tab.
    Ctrl+Shift+N opens a new window in "Incognito Mode."
    Ctrl+Tab cycles through open tabs; Ctrl+Shift+Tab reverse cycles through open tabs.
    Ctrl+J opens the Downloads tab.
    Ctrl+W closes the current tab.
    Ctrl+R refreshes the current page.
    Ctrl+H opens the History tab.
    Alt+Home loads your homepage.
    Ctrl+1 through 9 switches to a particular open tab position.
    Ctrl++, Ctrl+-, Ctrl+0 Enlarges, reduces, and restores default text sizes,respectively.

Seems to be useful

Quote Originally Posted by sudhakarsingh View Post

GOOGLE CHROME ..........

ITZ amazing to use ...........really.....
    ummm, i noticed one thing in chrome: Like Mozilla and IE it can (optionally) save the passwords entered for various websites.. AND these passwords can be retrieved easily!!

i mean, if someone is away from his laptop/desktop anyone can get all the passwords stored which i think (may be m wrong) was not possible in IE or Mozilla.. there at max one can enter into ur mail/accounts but can not get the passwords!!
    it seem a nuisance at least to me!!! :eek:

Smile

One thing is very nice in Google Chrome... it's way of treating the POP-UP Windows in really admirable.
    And its way of saving a web page is also appreciable, as it doesn't save other supporting files along with a web page like IE.

Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    ummm, i noticed one thing in chrome: Like Mozilla and IE it can (optionally) save the passwords entered for various websites.. AND these passwords can be retrieved easily!!

i mean, if someone is away from his laptop/desktop anyone can get all the passwords stored which i think (may be m wrong) was not possible in IE or Mozilla.. there at max one can enter into ur mail/accounts but can not get the passwords!!
    it seem a nuisance at least to me!!! :eek:
    May be this feature is added thinking ur computer/laptop is used personally by you and if in case you forget your password you can retrieve it without any hassle.....
    You are free not to save your password if on public computers.
    And still you feel its not good you can send your suggestion remembering this is the beta version...
    Strive not to be a success, rather to be of value.

I feel chrome is still a baby and needs to develop lot of muscles and bones to call for an "attack" on firefox or IE.

I got all the four (IE,firefox,safari,chrome) on my system and I have been testing them, for my choice as a gateway to networld....

Safari is too heavy to be a browser...it eats aways lot of resource
    IE does not have any thing of its own... just copies from someone in the market but yeh have everying in good wrapper....
    FireFox has always been a front runner in innovation(FF3 disappointed a bit -I dont feel it worth a new version) and it still is.. it is highly extensible, got lot of plugins , gud configurations, only loop hole is with the security of Firefox.... it doesnt encrypt user data as gud as chrome does..

Chrome is light, clean. powered by some gud speed and integration of search in address bar is cuil.... but missing lot of the things like
    bookmark manger, popup blocker configuration, saving of session tab,plugins and yeah "CRASH"...it hasnt crashed yet ( so its gud piece of code)

Chrome is still in beta but google keep their stuff in beta for long....Gmail is still in beta...and i expect lot of the features coming up in chrome and !! Hold on guys..... chrome has a benefit as microsoft has in PC market....we use google applications most on the net and chrome will be the best to gel with google applications....it come from the same nest,doesnt it................!!

I feel 2-3 years down the line, it will kick firefox out of my system but till then its FIREFOX that rules.....
    Last edited by loginrahul; October 31st, 2008 at 11:57 AM.
    It Ain't a Party If Ya Can't Come Round
    sqlserversolutions.blogspot.com

Google Vs Microsoft

There is frustration going on with Microsoft CEO with google new mobile phone entered in the market.Big guy made fun of Google's mobile operating system.Google smartphone G1 was recently launched by German telco T-Mobile.Most smartphones and PDA's use operating systems such as Symbian or Microsoft's Windows Mobile while G1 uses Google's open-spurce Andriod.
    While addressing software developer's conference in Sydney, Steve Ballmer made a hard shot on Google."Google doesn't exactly bubble to the top of the list of the toughest competitors we've got going in mobile,They might some day but right now I think (they're not)."
    Unfortunately Microsoft is falling behind in Mobiles with competitors Apple,Blackberry,Mobile Linux,Symbian. The good thing about google operating system is it's a open source.It is attracting open source programmers to develop applications for the new mobiles.Of course, on Windows Mobile you can run cut-down versions of Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, which you can't do on an iPhone. But who wants to edit a spreadsheet on a smartphone when you could be watching video, playing Moto Chaser, or strumming along on Pocket Guitar?
    While talking with Aussie developers, one of the developer asked "Why is IE still relevant and why is it worth spending money on rendering engines when there are open source ones available that can respond to changes in Web standards faster?" In response to this cheeky and good question, he answered philosophically.We need to look at the browser in future and if there is no innovation around them which is "likely".There will still be a lot of proprietary innovation in the browser itself so we may need to have a rendering service.Now he started folding his response by startling revelation that Microsoft may also adopt an open source browser engine.
    Microsoft has to compete with Apple's WebKit and need to go with open source rather than bulding extensions for IE8.
    :boxing