Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Angrezo ki Angrezi seekho. Learn English

Quote Originally Posted by nishantrathi82 View Post
    What i think it has to be that 'I won't drink this glass of water as it has been already drunk by someone else.'

May be i am wrong because i m in the learning side from this thread.
    "I won't drink this glass of water as someone has already drunk out of this glass" or

"I won't drink this glass of water as this glass has been drunk out of"

but the easiest (in verbal use) would just be "could i please get a fresh one, this glass has already been used...; this glass has already been used so could I please get a fresh one...
    so you see, there are many ways to convey the same thing, depends if you are being formal or not, verbal or in writing, etc.
    Last edited by steotia; September 9th, 2008 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    "i will not eat this banana because its already being used" ??? ... wotsay on this :rolleyes::D

rectifying the abv sentence, nd btr understanding the nuances of a particular language, i wud re-write above sentence as follow:

"i will not eat this banana because its already eaten by sum one else".

And I will write it like this:

"I will not eat this banana because someone already had a bite of it".

Other one:
    "I won't drink this glass of water as somene has already had a sip out of it"
    Last edited by ygulia; September 9th, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
    Yoginder Gulia

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Just a casual suggestion : Dont get swayed by emotions! Practice equanimity!

Let's all get back to the topic!

Cheers,
    Anil

Words often confused...

See if this could be of any help... http://www.davidappleyard.com/english/vocabulary.htm

How to learn/improve your english

My points on how to learn English:

1.) Make it Fun for urself! - Watch English movies, watch english channels, watch NDTV; for the ladies when you watch Serials read the english subtitles!
    2.) Buy english newspapers! Unlike reading a whole book which many of us just don't do, improve you're english with short interesting articles!
    3.) Dont feel like ur Chaantaing Angreji and be embarrased around friends/family!
    4.) If You're really bored Get creative and attempt to write a beautiful english poem on my thread()- "Attempts at poetry!" The Jatland community can applaud ur poetry or critique it or discuss its meanings! It's fun writing poetry!

Quote Originally Posted by siwach2767 View Post
    hi guys first of all i want to thanks u to start a thread. i sometimes afraid to write in english just because i m not very good in it guys plz rectify my mistakes if i make some in writing. and i request u all plz don't make fun as this is my first try to write in english on net. i keep on asking u some doubts which i have while speaking in english.

welcome dear .. this is the spirit ... m also in ur category thats y i got such idea.
    Dont hesitate dear and write more in English .. we got lot of worthy memebrs who are there to correct us.

@ All : For online dictionary i refer cambridge dictionary .. link below.. i love this and hope u will also like to use this

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

Even I don't want to prove a point here. But according to me, correct sentence is :

"I will not eat this banana because it has already been eaten by someone else". or "I will not eat this banana as someone else has already eaten it".
    {But then I think, if someone has already eaten the banana, how can someone eat it again even if he/she wants to :rolleyes::D }.
    Quote Originally Posted by steotia View Post
    Don't mean to be nitpicking but to be correct, I believe it should be "i will not eat this banana because its already been eaten by someone else"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    welcome dear .. this is the spirit ... m also in ur category thats y i got such idea.
    Dont hesitate dear and write more in English .. we got lot of worthy memebrs who are there to correct us.

@ All : For online dictionary i refer cambridge dictionary .. link below.. i love this and hope u will also like to use this

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
    its better to keep a pocket dictionary wit u all the time rather than keeping an online one....

n the best way to learn english is to read as much as u can...then whtever words u find difficult just mark them and check their meaning in dictionary...
    n if u know how to read the dictionary properly then it wud even tell u how to use the word in a sentence and in wht form....
    so i wud suggest plz buy one....ASAP...
    Good life starts when u stop wanting a better one !!!! :D

thank bhai devender it is absolute necessary to read and write in english and thanks for u'r appreciation. i have one request to our all jatlanders that plz rectify if i commit any mistake in writing english i will really thankful to u all. and don't hesitate to scold me if i repeat any mistake again.

Talking evolution of ungrezi !!!

Quote Originally Posted by rinkusheoran View Post
    I will not drink from from this glass as its already been used and same can be said for food and other eatables.

"i will not eat this banana because its already being used" ???
    ... wotsay on this :rolleyes::D

rectifying the abv sentence, nd btr understanding the nuances of a particular language, i wud re-write above sentence as follow:

"i will not eat this banana because its already eaten by sum one else".
    Don't mean to be nitpicking but to be correct, I believe it should be "i will not eat this banana because its already been eaten by someone else"
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevnandal View Post
    Even I don't want to prove a point here. But according to me, correct sentence is :

"I will not eat this banana because it has already been eaten by someone else". or "I will not eat this banana as someone else has already eaten it".
    {But then I think, if someone has already eaten the banana, how can someone eat it again even if he/she wants to :rolleyes::D }.
    evolution of ungrezi... :D

trying to correct sanjeev further (pls. remember, me too not tryin' to prove a point here :D), i wud say "i will not eat this banana because it has been eaten by someone else"

correction
    : (present perfect) - here it implies a finished action, when is completely unimportant and also not stated, the finished action possibly has an effect on the present... secondly
    the world already becomes repetitive if you r using the word eaten later on.

evolving ungrezi further...

i guess sum1 wud correct me as follows:
    "i will not eat this banana because it has been eaten"
    correction: why use someone else here... the sentence luks better w/o it :D

evolving ungrezi even further...

here i wud say tht it luks even btr if the word already is used: "i will not eat this banana because it has already been eaten"

p.s. : either dont eat banana :rock or enjoy ungrezi the way u like it.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

thank bhai devender it is absolute necessary to read and write in english and thanks for u'r appreciation. i have one request to our all jatlanders that plz rectify if i commit any mistake in writing english i will really thankful to u all. and don't hesitate to scold me if i repeat any mistake again.
    dear amarjeet...
    please refer above post of mine... rectification is not an easy process, for that u have to eat bananas
    :D:rock:rock:D

I think more correct would be... "I will not eat this banana because it has already been eaten by someone else."

Thumbs up Definitely looks & sounds better !

Brahm Ji,
    Thanks for your input.Last sentence from you is complete in itself if we ignore the actual context of it being "jootha".
    I have a point to make here - What one considers "jootha" is actually something that has already been used/consumed by someone else. So if we don't use "someone else", that will be uncertain of it being "jootha".
    A product already consumed by self is not considered "jootha".
    So, still in my opinion, the correct sentence could be:

I will not eat this banana as it has already been eaten by someone else.

Still open to further discussion please.
    evolution of ungrezi... :D

trying to correct sanjeev further (pls. remember, me too not tryin' to prove a point here :D), i wud say "i will not eat this banana because it has been eaten by someone else"

correction: (present perfect) - here it implies a finished action, when is completely unimportant and also not stated, the finished action possibly has an effect on the present... secondly
    the world already becomes repetitive if you r using the word eaten later on.
    evolving ungrezi even further...

here i wud say tht it luks even btr if the word already is used: "i will not eat this banana because it has already been eaten"

Exclamation

The thread was meant to discuss just one sentence :rolleyes: No other problem or query !

Brahm Ji,
    Thanks for your input.Last sentence from you is complete in itself if we ignore the actual context of it being "jootha".
    I have a point to make here - What one considers "jootha" is actually something that has already been used/consumed by someone else. So if we don't use "someone else", that will be uncertain of it being "jootha".
    A product already consumed by self is not considered "jootha".
    So, still in my opinion, the correct sentence could be:

I will not eat this banana as it has already been eaten by someone else.

Still open to further discussion please.
    I think it has to be I will not eat this banana as somebody has taken a bit from it.

Please correct me if i m wrong.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Spoiled or soiled ? I am also a learner, so pls confirm.....

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    Dev bhai... good thread... me too a learner.
    As for that jhootha gilaas... "Sorry, I won't drink water from this spoiled glass".

"I will not eat this banana because it has already been eaten by someone else".
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    "I will not eat this banana because it has already been eaten by someone else."
    evolution process takes its own time... i don't find any difference in abv two versions. :p ... we r still eating bananas... urrr.... evolving !!! :D:D
    enjoy bananas :rock

Last edited by brahmtewatia; September 10th, 2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: deleted what was posted... wrong assumption

Smile Good start

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Spoiled or soiled ? I am also a learner, so pls confirm.....
    brother, though the spoiled word used by Sumit is not as appropriate, but for your query here's a little explanation....'Soiled' is something related to dirt....means....that makes something dirty/stained

again make a rewind and read the correct replies of the first sentence given by others.....still u remain with any doubt, then write again

Smile a little correction

correction in your reply first....

say it like: thanks bhai.....not just thank

write absolutely instead of absolute....as we never say like u're absolute right.....we say it like: u're absolutely right!!

its not u'r.....it is ur.....apostrophe is used when letters are omitted....here nothing is being omitted in your (ur)

commit is a strong word.....instead, write make and it will be read like as :...pls correct/rectify, if i make any mistake

i will thankful to u all .....and the missing word is .....i'll be thankful to u all

now others, pls add-up the explanations for all these corrections as i'm not that good in it.....i can pin-point the errors but for explanation i myself has to go very deep into the subject....seriously, right now my time doesn't allow me (only possible while at formal teaching)

i hope i didn't missed anything (n if something is missed by me, then don't forget....to human is to mistake :D....which i said previously)