Thread: seeking opportunities in SAP

seeking opportunities in SAP

Dear All
    I am an MBA (Finance) currently working in stock broking industry since last one and half year. But now i want to do something different in my career. Some of my friends told me that SAP has a very good career prospects now a days and advised me to go ahead with it. i have discussed with some institutes which are providing trainings regarding ERP (SAP). i convinced with their presentations and demonstrations. They suggested me to adopt Finance and Controlling Module. Now i cordially invite your suggestions and valuable help. I want to know which module is suitable for me according my qualifications, which institute i should go for and what are the career opportunities after completing that course. Presently i am residing in New delhi.

Regards:
    Sandeep Jakhar
    Mob. 9310614131/9999346888
    mom says 'one day u will touch the sky, & me.... alSO'
    .......................roYAL JaaT

Quote Originally Posted by aaravjakhar View Post
    Dear All
    I am an MBA (Finance) currently working in stock broking industry since last one and half year. But now i want to do something different in my career. Some of my friends told me that SAP has a very good career prospects now a days and advised me to go ahead with it. i have discussed with some institutes which are providing trainings regarding ERP (SAP). i convinced with their presentations and demonstrations. They suggested me to adopt Finance and Controlling Module. Now i cordially invite your suggestions and valuable help. I want to know which module is suitable for me according my qualifications, which institute i should go for and what are the career opportunities after completing that course. Presently i am residing in New delhi.

Regards:
    Sandeep Jakhar
    Hey dear best option is FICO module i.e the same one you told but dear its very much difficult to get job in SAP or Oracle Apss as a fresher otherwise it's the best choice to go with.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Dear sandeep ,

I m working on SAP n i m in finance and controlling.
    One more thing i would like to mention that i have joined as a fresher.
    SAP training is very expensive , if u want i can help u.
    Due to some personal reasons have not mentioned my cell no.
    U can write to me.

Regards

Vijeta
    Last edited by vijeta123; September 12th, 2008 at 08:50 PM.

Hi,

Its a gud option if u r looking for a change in ur career n as far as i knw ...FICO wld be d best choice for u...yet there wld be some struggle in the initial stages, but people having functional experience always have an edge over other freshers in this field. So if u r planning to switch over to SAP then get some gud knowledge about FICO module and certification will definately help u in getting a gud offer.

Dear All

Regards:
    Sandeep Jakhar
    Regards,
    Vineeta Kadian

Dear Sandeep,

Its neither a big stuff nor its' much expensive to hv a SAP traning and certification nowadays.I will mail you the required material.
    Moreover, it depends on your edu bckgrnd, the suitability of ERP Module i.e. SAP(whether FICO or another one), exepta NAV and many more......
    I'll mail you the required stuffs then decide urself what to choose !

Regards,
    Kaps!
    Dear All

Regards:
    Sandeep Jakhar
    Thanks & Regards,

CA. KAPIL RANA | Director
    iN Technologies Inc.

Dear All

Regards:
    Sandeep Jakhar

well Sandeep if u ask me then the best institute to do this training from would be Siemens in New Delhi. The course fees thr wud b close to 3.5 lacs but it wud b worth it. Also u wud hav a certain advantage as SAP has started recruiting freshers frm siemens as soon as they clear their certification. So even being a fresher wud not b a prob. But u need min 2 yrs exp. to enroll wit Siemens else u wud hav to give an undertaking tht u r joining this course willingly and wud not b receiving ne placement help frm siemens.
    the other institutes also help u do this certification but the ones which r not authorized partners of SAP education r all illegal n can b closed down netime. Also u wud never b able to work for SAP co. or ne of its partners if u do it frm some local institute.
    If u want i can give u the details of the person to b contacted in siemens.
    Also if u need ne further info then plz feel free to drop a mail to me.
    N since i did my SAP certification frm Siemens n now currently working wit SAP India, with friends handling SAP education, so i guess m in a better pos to give u a clearer picture......
    rest is finally ur call !!!!
    All the Best !!!!
    Good life starts when u stop wanting a better one !!!! :D

Dear Bhawna,
    Are you sure about the SAP Course fee Rs 3.5 L ! bcoz ICAI,New Delhi and SAP India provide SAP(FICO) Module training at the cost of Rs79000 and charge Rs 22500 extra for the certification fees, if the candidate wish to appear in certificate examination.

Please give your advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavnasingh20 View Post
    well Sandeep if u ask me then the best institute to do this training from would be Siemens in New Delhi. The course fees thr wud b close to 3.5 lacs but it wud b worth it. Also u wud hav a certain advantage as SAP has started recruiting freshers frm siemens as soon as they clear their certification. So even being a fresher wud not b a prob. But u need min 2 yrs exp. to enroll wit Siemens else u wud hav to give an undertaking tht u r joining this course willingly and wud not b receiving ne placement help frm siemens.
    the other institutes also help u do this certification but the ones which r not authorized partners of SAP education r all illegal n can b closed down netime. Also u wud never b able to work for SAP co. or ne of its partners if u do it frm some local institute.
    If u want i can give u the details of the person to b contacted in siemens.
    Also if u need ne further info then plz feel free to drop a mail to me.
    N since i did my SAP certification frm Siemens n now currently working wit SAP India, with friends handling SAP education, so i guess m in a better pos to give u a clearer picture......
    rest is finally ur call !!!!
    All the Best !!!!
    Thanks & Regards,

iN Technologies Inc.

Wel Kapil SAP India does not give any training at all n i hav no idea abt ICAI. wil ask tomo in office n let u know abt tht....
    siemens charges arnd 3.5 L n am dead sure abt tht.....
    also the certification fees is 25000 + taxes.....which comes to about 28000. This also am dead sure about....
    rest wil get all details in office tomo n keep u posted....

Quote Originally Posted by kapilrana View Post
    Dear Bhawna,
    Are you sure about the SAP Course fee Rs 3.5 L ! bcoz ICAI,New Delhi and SAP India provide SAP(FICO) Module training at the cost of Rs79000 and charge Rs 22500 extra for the certification fees, if the candidate wish to appear in certificate examination.

Please give your advice.

Dear Bhavna singh,

You might be right on ur end but whatever I said was based on fact and the letter of The Institute of Chartered Accoutnants of India,http://www.icai.org (The apex statutory body), I am giving some descriptions as hereunder:
    SAP ERP "Managerial and Financial Accounting (FICO)" Module

The SAP ERP Module on "Managerial and Financial Accounting" (FICO) aims to enable Institute members and students to get a practical insight of the Managerial Accounting and Financial Accounting module of SAP ERP implementation and maintenance. The following table provides details of the coverage to be provided as a part of the SAP ERP training on the "Managerial and Financial Accounting" (FICO) Module:
    Financial Accounting FI)

Academy ? Solution Consultant Managerial & Financial Accounting

TFIN10
    Managerial & Financial Accounting I (Parts of SAP01, AC200, AC201, AC205)

SAP01
    SAP Overview

AC200
    Financial Accounting Customizing

AC201
    Payment and Dunning Program

AC205
    Financial Closing

TFIN12
    Managerial & Financial Accounting II (AC410, AC415, AC610, AC690,Parts of SMI210)

AC410
    Cost Center Accounting

AC415
    Internal Orders

AC610
    Profit Center Accounting

AC690
    Schedule Manager

SMI210
    SAP Solution Manager: Implementation Methodology Overview

TFIN14
    Managerial & Financial Accounting III Case Study

Flexi/ Convenient Timings
    Candidates registered for the course have to pursue the training as per their convenience for 200 hours within a period of four months at the centre they choose, while registering for the course.

Sample/ Test Training Session
    Further details and a sample of the e-Learning course proposed to be offered by SAP India is available on the following URLs:
    http://www.sape-learning.com/intro.html
    http://www.sape-learning.com/view_demos_in.html
    http://www.sap.com/services/educatio...ning/index.epx
    Course Fees
    As a part of this arrangement, the Institute members and students can pursue this course at a discounted course fee of Rs.78,000/- (Rupees seventy eight thousand only), as against Rs.1,34,880/- charged by SAP ATC's. Course fees once paid are non refundable and cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
    Who can join?

This training programmes on SAP ERP "Managerial and Financial Accounting" (FICO) Module is open to the members and students of the Institute.

Course Venue
    This programme would be available at Chennai & Vishwas Nagar offices of the Institute (to begin with) and will be extended to other regional centers at a later date depending on the response received from members & students at Delhi & Chennai. Members & Students registered for the course with the Institute centers will have the option to use SAP Authorized E-Learning Training Centres as well spread across the country. SAP India currently has contact centres at Mumbai, Pune, Nasik, Vashi, Thane, Vizag, Vijaywada, Tirupathi, Guntur, Warrangle, Banglore, Mysore, Manglore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, Madurai, Goa, Chandigarh, Indore, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida. Complete list is available on the following URL:

http://www.sap.com/asia/services/edu...s/partners.epx
    Course Registration
    The course registration is on first-come-first-served basis on receipt of dully filled in and signed Online Application Form available on the Secretariat Portal athttp://220.225.242.182/sap/default.aspxalong with (a) Two Passport Sized Photographs and (b) course fee of Rs. 78,000/- payable at New Delhi by DD/ Pay Order in favour of ?The Secretary, ICAI? at the following address:
    The Secretary
    Committee on Information Technology
    Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
    ICAI Bhawan
    Plot No. 52-54, Vishwas Nagar, Shahadara
    Delhi: 110032, India
    Participation Certificate, SAP Certification & CPE Certificate:
    Candidates who successfully complete the course would be issued a certificate of participation from SAP and a CPE Certificate of 20 hours from the Institute (subject to the approval of CPE Committee).

Candidates who successfully complete the course can take SAP Certification, at their option, at special rate of Rs. 20,000/- (Rs. 22,480/- including taxes) as against market rate of Rs. 25,000/- (including taxes Rs. 28,100/-).

You can find all these information on the link:http://isaicai.org/SAPFICOERPELearning.html

I hope you will find the given sources enough...

Kaps!

Wel Kapil SAP India does not give any training at all n i hav no idea abt ICAI. wil ask tomo in office n let u know abt tht....
    siemens charges arnd 3.5 L n am dead sure abt tht.....
    also the certification fees is 25000 + taxes.....which comes to about 28000. This also am dead sure about....
    rest wil get all details in office tomo n keep u posted....
    Thanks & Regards,

iN Technologies Inc.

wel kapil all this is wel and fine...but u missed one small point....

which says
    "Course Fees
    As a part of this arrangement, the Institute members and students can pursue this course at a discounted course fee of Rs.78,000/- (Rupees seventy eight thousand only), as against Rs.1,34,880/- charged by SAP ATC's. Course fees once paid are non refundable and cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
    Who can join?

This training programmes on SAP ERP "Managerial and Financial Accounting" (FICO) Module is open to the members and students of the Institute."...

this training is not open to ppl not belonging to this institute...
    n so wud hav to do it at the market rates...which r mentioned here only....

Bhavna, I admit that this concession is only for ICAI Members and Final level students but still is it so expensive (3.5 L) and all ? isn't SAP ATC's charges are Rs.1,34,880/- for SAP (FICO)i.e. Fianace module ? Earlier to MOU of SAP India and ICAI, one of my friend completed SAP thru SIm...Ggaon @ cost of RS 2,50,000 including lodging and boarding overthere about two year back ! and if now charges are 3.5L, this sounds too much odd.

Anyway, you are working with SAP India and obviously you should be familiar with the exact position and I just share the information I had.

kaps!
    wel kapil all this is wel and fine...but u missed one small point....

which says
    "Course Fees
    Who can join?

This training programmes on SAP ERP "Managerial and Financial Accounting" (FICO) Module is open to the members and students of the Institute."...

this training is not open to ppl not belonging to this institute...
    n so wud hav to do it at the market rates...which r mentioned here only....
    Thanks & Regards,

iN Technologies Inc.

Dear Bhavna
    Thanx a ton for your valuable guidance. As i have done my MBA recently so i cant affort the fees of institutes like siemens. I visited a lot of local institutes which are charging much lesser (i.e. 30000-50000) n they assuring that they will provide me good placement assistance in companies like TCS, Maruti etc.. Kindly Refer me names of some other institutes which are lesser expensive and can provide good placements also. plz do reply...
    Regards:
    Sandeep jakhar
    sandeepkjakhar@gmail.com
    mom says 'one day u will touch the sky, & me.... alSO'
    .......................roYAL JaaT

Dear Bhavna
    Thanx a ton for your valuable guidance. As i have done my MBA recently so i cant affort the fees of institutes like siemens. I visited a lot of local institutes which are charging much lesser (i.e. 30000-50000) n they assuring that they will provide me good placement assistance in companies like TCS, Maruti etc.. Kindly Refer me names of some other institutes which are lesser expensive and can provide good placements also. plz do reply...
    Regards:
    Sandeep jakhar
    sandeepkjakhar@gmail.com

wel sandeep i cannot refer ne institute which is not our Authorized Training Centre (ATC) because they r all illegal...n the day our legal team gets to know abt them they r sent a notice n thts the day their certificates stop holding ne meaning. so even though fees is much less the risk is really high.u cud try talkin to some ex students of tht institute n see how wel they were placed by this institute. it wud give u a mcuh better picture.
    n none of our implementation partners wud recruit a person frm unauthorized centre....n these partners include HCL, Wipro, IBM, TCS, Infosys etc. I guess tht covers pretty much of the whole industry. So r u willing to take this risk? coz u mite b able to get into these cos. but only after u hav had an exp. of 3-4 yrs.....n finished a lot of end to end implementations.
    wht i can suggest is tht if u hav issues abt the money part then plz wait for some more time n then do it after a yr or so....also loans r available for all this.....
    if u want i can give u the address of Siemens training centre...so u can call them n get a clearer picture....
    n when u do SAP frm siemens n the training material is provided by SAP n the certificate also comes frm SAP Germany which holds lot of value in the market...
    when u do it frm local institute then the training material is their own n also the certificate is their own.
    rest is ur call....

Quote Originally Posted by kapilrana View Post
    Bhavna, I admit that this concession is only for ICAI Members and Final level students but still is it so expensive (3.5 L) and all ? isn't SAP ATC's charges are Rs.1,34,880/- for SAP (FICO)i.e. Fianace module ? Earlier to MOU of SAP India and ICAI, one of my friend completed SAP thru SIm...Ggaon @ cost of RS 2,50,000 including lodging and boarding overthere about two year back ! and if now charges are 3.5L, this sounds too much odd.

Anyway, you are working with SAP India and obviously you should be familiar with the exact position and I just share the information I had.

kaps!
    thanks a lot for this info coz even i had no idea abt it....
    see even i dunno the exact fees of FICO module....but i did my certification in jan 2008 frm siemens GK 2 n the fees was 3.5 lacs for HR module....which did not include ne lodging or boarding. 2 yrs bak fees mite b tht but as of now to itni hi hai.....
    n unauthorized se karne ka zyada sense nahin...coz it is cheap but then risk is high...
    n yeah i know the fees is really high....but the money is also gud at the end of the day....so personally i found it worth it...but opinions can differ on tht....

Also sandeep this is exclusively for u...

ERP Financials overview - Management Accounting

FIN900 Auditing with SAP (FIN009, 090 & 930) 26.01.2009 30.01.2009 5 INR 82,500.00 Siemens Delhi
    AC210 New General Ledger 02.02.2009 06.02.2009 5 INR 82,500.00 Siemens Delhi
    AC220 Special Purpose Ledger 09.02.2009 13.02.2009 5 INR 82,500.00 Siemens Delhi
    AC405 Cost Centre & Internal Order Accounting 05.01.2009 09.01.2009 5 INR 82,500.00 Siemens Delhi
    AC605 Profitability Analysis 12.01.2009 16.01.2009 5 INR 82,500.00 Siemens Delhi
    AC680 Analytics & Reporting in Management Accounting 19.01.2009 21.01.2009 3 INR 49,500 Siemens Delhi

Financials - Managerial Accounting ECC 6.0

TFIN20 Management Accounting I+SAP125+ERP001+ERP020 10.11.2008 21.11.2008 10 INR 150,000.00 Siemens Delhi
    TFIN22 Management Accounting II+SM001 24.11.2008 05.12.2008 10 INR 150,000.00 Siemens Delhi
    ** Certification at the end of academy

INR 25,000.00 Siemens Delhi

Financials - Financial Accounting ECC 6.0

TFIN50 Financial Accounting I +SAP125+ERP001+ERP020 13.10.2008 24.10.2008 10 INR 125,000.00 Siemens, Delhi
    TFIN52 Financial Accounting II+SM001 27.10.2008 07.11.2008 10 INR 125,000.00 Siemens, Delhi
    ** Certification at the end of academy

INR 25,000.00 Siemens, Delhi

Smile

Very informative posts Bhavana ji and Kapil ji. Thanx for sharing it.

Dear Bhavna
    Regards:
    Sandeep jakhar
    sandeepkjakhar@gmail.com

Hi Sandeep i have sent u a mail on ur quoted email id please have a look at that.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Quote Originally Posted by prashanthooda View Post
    Very informative posts Bhavana ji and Kapil ji. Thanx for sharing it.

u r most welcome prashant