Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Was Gautama Buddha a Jat?

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Was Gautama Buddha a Jat?

I know the question is unexpected. Buddha was called by another name "Sakyamuni" - the wise man of the sakyas.
    Sakya is Indian word for Scythians. Jats are supposed to be descended from Scythians.

Quote Originally Posted by amans View Post
    I know....Jats are supposed to be descended from Scythians.
    Oh noooooo.....not again. :o bakass do kisse ne to. Pahle to is baat pe lado ak wo JAT tha ya nahi, fer is baat per joot baajega ak if he was a JAT then what was his gotra? Dahiya, Malik, Sangwan, falaana dheeekdaa etc etc....:tamatar

Login to view details.

Talking

Okay, another question. Ossetians in Ossetia region - a part of georgia and russia are supposed to be descendents of Scythians. And Joseph stalin's father was an Ossetian from Georgia. So Stalin would be an Osetian and a descendant of Scythians just like a jat would be a descendent of scythians.

Gautam bhudda was a jat ,definitely !

And george bush is a Jat too , should tell before another question arises

amitabh bacchan bhi jat hai
    My way or my way ?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gaganjat For This Useful Post:

cooljat (July 3rd, 2013), ssgoyat (July 3rd, 2013)

not again!!!!

Okay, another question. Ossetians in Ossetia region - a part of georgia and russia are supposed to be descendents of Scythians. And Joseph stalin's father was an Ossetian from Georgia. So Stalin would be an Osetian and a descendant of Scythians just like a jat would be a descendent of scythians.
    dude,
    the human race evolved from monkeys....and if u wanna go farther than that...we all started from the single cell organisms!!....so each and everyone is connected on this planet...kindly put ur queries to rest...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to brainspeak For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (July 3rd, 2013)

Login to view details.
    listen, if you don't know, don't answer, okay. This is jat history forum and you cannot tell me to not ask this or ask that. By the way, humans did not originate from monkeys. Darwin's theory is only a theory.

listen, if you don't know, don't answer, okay. This is jat history forum and you cannot tell me to not ask this or ask that. By the way, humans did not originate from monkeys. Darwin's theory is only a theory.
    okie....good enuf!!

then whts ur take on human evolution??...kindly share with us,since u know so much!!

Login to view details.
    Don't hijack my thread and open your own thread. And please don't answer again on this thread with your irrelevant questions.

Don't hijack my thread and open your own thread. And please don't answer again on this thread with your irrelevant questions.
    my , my!!!....someone is sensitive around here!!!....and possessive too...

as for the irrelevancy bit...."Was Gautam Buddha a jat?" ....is not exactly a burning issue ...

anywayz , happy answer hunting!!

Smile

Too much intelligent answers.... thanx buddies
    Even I got the "two" most beautiful answers for my a lot of confusions in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    Gautam bhudda was a jat ,definitely !

And george bush is a Jat too , should tell before another question arises

amitabh bacchan bhi jat hai
    Quote Originally Posted by brainspeak View Post
    dude,
    the human race evolved from monkeys....and if u wanna go farther than that...we all started from the single cell organisms!!....so each and everyone is connected on this planet...kindly put ur queries to rest...

I heard Achilles(Greek) the great warrior was also Jat, can anyone confirm that :p ?

Exclamation

Guys, stop asking stupid questions! There is something called a search engine. If you really feel the urge to ask something stupid, then be prepared for it to be ridiculed!

Next one who comes back with a ridiculous query or response gets a 10 day ban!
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Don

Thread start ker diya to tu ghana bada na hogya..aur irrelvant kuch konya..aur tere thread ne hijack kerke bada koi krodpati ban jaawega..
    aur please kahn te nu na hian ke tu kuch galat na kahan laag raha..
    nu bhi to kah sak tha ki please anwer with relvant thing as per thread..aur tane kuch relvant na laaga to ismain teri problem hain na ki aur kisi ki..

i don't find anything wrong in the thread, considering the fact tht aman is new on JATland. for others its no doubt an evry day story... nd repetition of an issue tht has bn discussed umpteen no. of times on JL. if folks have nuthin' to contribute then pls. calm down.
    @ aman
    pls. take it easy.. new members don't get easy recognition on JL.. cool down man just observe this portal b4 u start playin' yr. shots.. btw i liked yr. attitude
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Guys, Please refrain urself from Leg Pulling ...

Aman's query is Geniune, as Gautam Buddha was a human & hailed from India ... so whats wrong if he trying to explore his connection with Jats?

Let the Jat Historians of JL shed some light on it ... if u dont have any idea about the subject just wait & watch the thread !

@ Satya : I dont think its a stupid question, Gautam Buddha was a human not a myth ... and I dont think Aman created this thread for fun as its posted in Jat History section ... he seriously wanna know !

Kharb Bhaisaab, Burdak & Ravi uncle ... plz give ur inputs ..

Rock on
    Jit
    Last edited by cooljat; September 12th, 2008 at 02:10 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

i see mr. narendra kharb's post being deleted... it was post no. 13.
    i wonder as to how he can contribute ?

... it'll b interesting to see wat saurav nandal has to say on this.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; September 12th, 2008 at 03:08 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Aman doesn't seem to be a novice in History the way he asked about Buddha and Ossetians .Point is he knows something like Buddha related to sakya,Sakya being related to Scythians ,Scythians related to Jats It is another thing he might not have believed Jat version and just wanted to cross check all that .

I tried to answer that via a question which satya deleted for right reason as that was a personal one.

My answer is unless we know some basic concepts about Saka ,Scythians ,Yeuzhis Any answer will create further questions which very well can be answered by doing a google search .

Rest later.
    Last edited by narenderkharb; September 12th, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

Login to view details.
    I did not meant to offend anyone. I did not know that this question has been asked before. I am not sure if there were people known as jats at Buddha's time which would be from 580 to 460 bc. Some say jats are Indo-aryans some say Indo-scythians. But it is not clear if Shakyas were Scythians. Since according to historians Scythians were documented to enter India long after Budhha's time. May be Shakyas is not the same as Scythian but it is a mighty close term.

no....?

ye history ki kis book me likha h???
    koi book me h to " " bata dena..
    i think he s not a JAT...

Anil Jakhar

I know the question is unexpected. Buddha was called by another name "Sakyamuni" - the wise man of the sakyas.
    Sakya is Indian word for Scythians. Jats are supposed to be descended from Scythians.

Some say jats are Indo-aryans some say Indo-scythians. But it is not clear if Shakyas were Scythians. Since according to historians Scythians were documented to enter India long after Budhha's time. May be Shakyas is not the same as Scythian but it is a mighty close term.
    Indo Aryan does not mean anything if we want to define a race like Jats as Arya is not a racial word and Jats are reported all over from Iran Afghanistan Tajikistan Pakistan to eastern China so Indo word would be misnomer here. Yes Jats were Scythian .But Scythian term has not been properly understood ,I hope Ravi Laxman ji and others can give better input.

Jats were here in Alexander times so no surprises they should have been in Buddha times as well ,there are both Direct and Indirect evidences for that .

Direct evidences in form of quotes by foreign authors and Indirect in form of Genetic skeletal dental and craniometric evidences .

One of such quotes is often quoted by Tewatia ji that ...."On the other side of river were Indian Getae small in number yet ready to fight" .