Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie's Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    happen to see this movie "life Is beautiful" (italian: la vita e bella) wch was lying in my stock for quite some time. the movies is a 1997 italian language film wch tells the story of a jewish italian, (played by roberto benigni, who also directed and co-wrote the film), who must employ his fertile imagination to help his son survive their internment in a nazi concentration camp... a must watch for those who hv flair for such movies... i liked it immensly.

[The movie was shown at the Cannes Film Festival in 1998, winning the Grand Prize of the Jury. It then went on to win the Academy Awards for Best Music, Original Dramatic Score and Best Foreign Language Film; Benigni won Best Actor for his role.]
    Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    Wonderful movie, one of my all time fav !
    "Life is beautiful" is a wonderful movie, watched it multiple times. Even my kid loved it, though I had to explain to him what all is happening and what it means. I think one of the best holocaust movies ever made, another one was "Pianist" ..which I loved.

I would highly recommed "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" to those who like conversation oriented romantic movies..Watched last weekend probably 3rd or 4th time.. after a long time!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post
    I would highly recommed "Before Sunrise" and "Before Sunset" to those who like conversation oriented romantic movies..Watched last weekend probably 3rd or 4th time.. after a long time!
    "Before sunrise" is an excellent movie.. Sequel was good but i liked the original more (b'coz it was 'Original'). Still both movies are must watch!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    "Before sunrise" is an excellent movie.. Sequel was good but i liked the original more (b'coz it was 'Original'). Still both movies are must watch!!
    Totally! Me too , liked Before Sunrise more than the sequel (but isnt it bound to be more exciting , an afterthought...) but again gotta watch the complete package..
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Yday happened to see the Kevin Costner stareer "Dances with Wolves". Movie is veryyy long (over 3 hours, version i watched!! special edition is over 4 overs; source IMDB) still its a great movie. 4/5

Another Kevin Costner's, The Guardian: 3.5/5. Nice movie.

#Enjoyed the movie, loved Brad Pitts' accent...

A few more that are worth a watch-
    1) Reservoir Dogs by Tarantino
    2) Snatch by Guy Ritchie
    3) Lock, Stock and 2 smoking barrels by Guy Ritchie

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    Inglourious Basterds ---- Brad Pitt, Quentin Tarantino -- good movie.

You missed classic cult 'Pulp Fiction' .. Best by Tarantino !

Quote Originally Posted by anjoo View Post

2) Snatch by Guy Ritchie
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

I missed it because I have not seen it....
    You missed classic cult 'Pulp Fiction' .. Best by Tarantino !

You missed a lot, better late than never .. grab the dvd and watch it this weekend !

I missed it because I have not seen it....
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

2) Snatch by Guy Ritchie
    Watched it three times. First time, i didn't understand even a single word Brad Pitts' character said!! :o
    Apparently i was not alone; even that Jason Statham's character (in movie) was equally confused with Pitt's accent :D

downloaded subtitles and again watched. its a good movie.... worth a watch !!

Intially in the movie, I also thought Brad Pitt's character was speaking a "pikey" language, and thats why I could not understand...:D

Quote Originally Posted by sunillathwal View Post
    Watched it three times. First time, i didn't understand even a single word Brad Pitts' character said!! :o
    Apparently i was not alone; even that Jason Statham's character (in movie) was equally confused with Pitt's accent :D

downloaded subtitles and again watched. its a good movie.... worth a watch !!

Pulp Fiction

You missed a lot, better late than never .. grab the dvd and watch it this weekend !
    Yep, one of the greatest movie ever made..!
    -Mark Twain

2) Snatch by Guy Ritchie
    I did not see the novelty in it because in Texas everyone talks like that.

The character is from Tennessee. Anyways, I am not familiar with the accent, so it was a novelty for me.
    I did not see the novelty in it because in Texas everyone talks like that.

The character is from Tennessee. Anyways, I am not familiar with the accent, so it was a novelty for me.
    The accent is from the south, its almost same across all the southern/southwestern states barring minor inflections. These inflections become more pronounced for Louisiana. Southerners use lot of nonsensical aphorisms and its full of grammatical errors, which are meant to be taken in stride. I was not trying to suggest that I am a know it all, but having lived in the south (believe me I would've preferred NY, LA etc !) for some time, those accents grow on you because that's all you hear, so when Brad Pitt spoke in that accent it was not novel for me because the waiter at the restaurant I ate before the movie; the box office attendant; the ticket checker - all spoke like that. God ! , I hate arguing here - but here I go again.

Arguement? where?
    Thanks for elaborating it.
    The accent is from the south, its almost same across all the southern/southwestern states barring minor inflections. These inflections become more pronounced for Louisiana. Southerners use lot of nonsensical aphorisms and its full of grammatical errors, which are meant to be taken in stride. I was not trying to suggest that I am a know it all, but having lived in the south (believe me I would've preferred NY, LA etc !) for some time, those accents grow on you because that's all you hear, so when Brad Pitt spoke in that accent it was not novel for me because the waiter at the restaurant I ate before the movie; the box office attendant; the ticket checker - all spoke like that. God ! , I hate arguing here - but here I go again.

Anything worth watching after 1980, both in Hollywood, Bollywood?

Though its great everytime to listen digital sound by paying.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Cast Away??
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Anything worth watching after 1980, both in Hollywood, Bollywood? Though its great everytime to listen digital sound by paying.
    Of all the things that tax a man's patience, there's nothing to compare with a stuck zipper.

Exclamation Toss- Flip of destination

Hi All,

I watched Toss this weekend. Will give only 1/5. Concept was good but other then concept everything was way to weak.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Anything worth watching after 1980, both in Hollywood, Bollywood?

Though its great everytime to listen digital sound by paying.
    Too many to list!

Kaminey

Was such a drag.! Dozed the movie off...couldnt do even that after like 1 hr..! Barring a couple music numbers (lyrics sucked though, poor Gulzar .made to write what not:D) , the movie sucked ..big time..IMO!

Lose storyline, unnecessarily over-stretched scenes...trying hard to look like a "cool movie"...but was so obvious..gotta be a naturally cool movie..well I was disappointed with VB this time!
    -Mark Twain