Page 54 of 84 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1664

Thread: Movie's Reviews

Lincoln - 2012

Best Picture and Best Actor Nominee Oscar .

Good movie to watch . Tells about the hurdles Lincoln faced to pass the bill of " Slavery Abolishment ". Around 2 hrs 26 min movie but will not bore you at all.
    Senate discussions , many good scenes like one in which they mentioned something about votes for women comparing to votes for blacks inferior .
    Small stories told by Linclon --one with George Washington . Actor Daniel Day Lewis ----absolutely great . Played absolutely amazing role comparing to Gangs of New york and There will be blood . It was hard to recall that he is same actor . Tommy Lee Jones small but important role . His dialogue of " equality before law " . Speaker casting his Vote n saying " This is history " . Movie is full of splendid dialogues .
    Lewis deserves academy 2013 for best actor without any doubts.

Super must watch movie for all.

Special 26- 4/5

Besides a stupid love song that seems abrupt at times the movie is really gripping and ending is totally unexpected.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

Les miserables 2012 :

Based on a novel and remake of Liam n Geofffery movie . It is musical . Beginning of the movie is good- Slave Song is good . Hard to recognize Hugh . Anna Hathway is splendid - song lovely lady is really emotional one . Russel Crowe played Javert how ever I found Geoffery ( older les miserables ) better than Russel Crowe . Even I have found climax of older movie better than new one .

On fun part I would rate : 3 on 5
    on good cinema part : 5 on 5 , good dialogues though musical . Sets , make up - costumes all superb .

Movie based on real incidents ---so good Con Movie .

It was pretty obvious ---hero kabhi paakda nahi jata . In many older movies same was used , fake police - fake tax inspectors . Anyhow for me 3 on 5 .
    Out of curiosity one can watch

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Special 26- 4/5

Besides a stupid love song that seems abrupt at times the movie is really gripping and ending is totally unexpected.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

vipinrathee (February 17th, 2013)

I'm surprised .. you liked the movie !!

I couldn't even tolerate till half time. VB gone mad .. Kameene was disaster and Mandola is from same league. He just lost touch after the epic Omkara. Don't know why he experiments with chocolaties urban dudes like Sahid, Imran etc.

Anyways, Imran and Anushanka were pathetic in movie, only saviour was Pankaj Kapoor but still I would rate his performance just above average.

You find local dialect well presented, I seriously doubt. Imran failed miserably in speaking Haryanwi, few local artists were good thou. Authentic, rustic country dialect was missing seriously and it felt more of overacting.

There was a good less known movie on land acquisition which released couple of years back and made by Pravin Dabas. It was far better, earthy and desi satire made by Jat itself .. too bad nobody noticed it, the movie name is 'Sahi Dhandhe Galat Bande'

Watch the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paAPamy-57g

I give matru 1/5 and perhaps never gonna watch any VB movie again!

Quote Originally Posted by kapdal View Post
    Matru ki Bijli ka Mandola: 5/5

This film has many firsts to its credit: first mainstream hindi movie that chooses haryana as back drop. The full movie is based on Haryana. The director doesn't try to take the short-cut in dialogues - the dialect is very well represented. In fact, most non Haryanvis are incapable of understanding all the dialogues. Another first is that it is the first movie that aims to tackle the subject of land acquisition - the unabashedly leftist treatment puts a view point on the table, that is not covered at all by media right now.

Pankaj Kapoor has probably delivered the performance of a lifetime. Shabana Azmi is excellent. The best part is that despite not being hero-heroines, the movie gives these characters a majority of space. The hero-heroine, Imran and Anushka are not bad either.

This is not a run of the mill masala movie. There is a lot of experimentation like there is with a piece of art. It is like a Coen Brother movie from Hollywood. And quite a bit of it is inspired by theater - nukkad natak type of feel comes in several scenes. Theater of absurd kind of dialogues are there, which are open-ended and left to interpretation of the viewer (like Shabana Azmi dialogue on development).

It is a must watch, especially for Jats (koi base audience nahin hogi to aisi movies koi kyun banaayega?)
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (February 12th, 2013), ssgoyat (March 26th, 2013), sukhbirhooda (February 13th, 2013), vijaykajla1 (February 16th, 2013)

Argo- 4/5- close to perfection

All I can say about the movie is that if you dont like it... go F*ck yourself
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (February 12th, 2013)

Kameene was disaster

Nahi boss---disaster toh nahi thi , u may have not liked it bas

10 ml Love
    - A light hearted romantic satire comedy that gives you old school theatre feel. A Ramlila production, a love quadrangle and a love potion, one would think these three ingredients would make one messy pot boiler. But it doesn’t fail to surprise you despite it’s abundant drama. Loosely inspired by A Midsummer Night’s Dream, whether the film lives up to the famed play is questionable but one thing is for certain, it’s plot is irresistible!

A must watch. I give 7/10
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Soul Kitchen - German Comedy
    3 on 5

Quite Predictable - has couple of hilarious scenes . Story of Soul Kitchen - Restaurant owner who decided to go to China to meet his gf and certain course of events due to which he loose his gf and restaurant . However happy ending . Good one to watch .

Hunger 2008 - 3.5 on 5
    Based on 1981 Irish Hunger Strike .

Good movie to watch . Sad n tragic end . Hard to put in words .

For gals : Its a violent movie so...at your own discretion

desi
    is Special 26 worth watching???
    Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Special 26- 4/5

Wild Bill -2011
    2.5 on 5

Drama . Father prisoner - mother left - 2 sons elder is working to take care of younger one . Father came back elder one hate him , younger one got in some drug dealing .
    Finally happy ending -though father sent back to prison however family differences got patched up . Some hilarious scenes .
    If u really got too much time then watch else drop it .

Anna Karenina
    2.5 on 5

A period movie set in Russia . Movie is about marriage-relationships-love-infidelity-forgiveness.
    Okay to watch . Sets are good .

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

I couldn't even tolerate till half time. VB gone mad .. Kameene was disaster and Mandola is from same league. He just lost touch after the epic Omkara. Don't know why he experiments with chocolaties urban dudes like Sahid, Imran etc.

Anyways, Imran and Anushanka were pathetic in movie, only saviour was Pankaj Kapoor but still I would rate his performance just above average.

You find local dialect well presented, I seriously doubt. Imran failed miserably in speaking Haryanwi, few local artists were good thou. Authentic, rustic country dialect was missing seriously and it felt more of overacting.

There was a good less known movie on land acquisition which released couple of years back and made by Pravin Dabas. It was far better, earthy and desi satire made by Jat itself .. too bad nobody noticed it, the movie name is 'Sahi Dhandhe Galat Bande'

Watch the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paAPamy-57g

And I am surprised you didn't like Kameeney and Mandola!

Both are excellent movies for me. Shahid Kapoor is a good actor. Being choclatie, whatever that means, doesn't make you a bad actor.

Hero of Mandola is Pankaj Kapoor. His is a performance of a lifetime. Imran is average, his accent is not great - but it is not an easy one to do. The movie is not a Haryanvi movie. It is a hindi movie. So they have to keep in mind the audience. But it is the first time, I have seen raginis and so much haryanvi touch in a mainstream hindi movie.

Rest is a question of taste. For me VB is one of the best in India...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kapdal For This Useful Post:

vvk1987 (February 20th, 2013)

The Intouchables - 2011

French movie - 4 on 5

Based on true story of quadriplagic . Movie has jokes that we all play in our daily lives . Not a sad movie . Happy ending .
    One of must watch movies .

Murder 3 - 2 hrs duration - 1st ever Thriller without any thrill

? / 5

Movie is inspired by " Chupam-Chipai " ( hide n seek ) . In 1st half- one has to use so much brains to figure out " yeh ho KYA raha hai " .
    2nd half " yeh ho KYUN raha hai " . Full on bakwas movie -kam se kam 3 hrs ki hoti toh koi dhang se so to jata . Murder mei koi murder nahi --kam se kam koi bhoot hi dal dete. Suspense aisa ki one would burst into laughter . Jism 2 mei kam se kam - RH ka last mei ek deshbhakti ka dialogue toh tha , ismei toh bechare ke pas dialogue kam camera zyada tha .
    Anyways ismie kissi ka koi scope hi nahi tha acting ka so ---kudos to all 3 koi mehnat nahi lagi acting mei.

Still must watch .

PS : Feedback is only about movie not RH

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post

Was not too bad. Light humour. Liked Pankaj Kapoor's acting. All the time drunk(Typical drunkard). But yes Imran could not speak Haryanwi well.

special 26 - 2.5/5
    predator 2010(sci-fi) - 2.5/5

Well, can't help if you find these movies good and waste like Sahid, Imran as good actors. I even used to like Vishal Bhardwaj work and admired Maqbool, Omkara, Makdi and a bit Ishqiya too. But after Kameeney I lost respect for him no wonder I didn't expect much from Mandola either. It sometimes hard to believe, what happened to VB and his artistic touch .. from Maqbool to Mandola, such a degradation!

Anyways, chocolate image of baby face actors is hard to break and it take lot of dedication and hard work to prove. Ranbeer Kapoor and Leonardo Di Caprio is best examples.

Gangs of Wassepur is hindi as well, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Ishqiya and Phans gaye Obama was hindi as well but these movies got authentic local country dialect which was missing in Mandola.

And yes! it's all about taste and matter of choice.

Cheers
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by kapdal View Post
    And I am surprised you didn't like Kameeney and Mandola!

Both are excellent movies for me. Shahid Kapoor is a good actor. Being choclatie, whatever that means, doesn't make you a bad actor.

Hero of Mandola is Pankaj Kapoor. His is a performance of a lifetime. Imran is average, his accent is not great - but it is not an easy one to do. The movie is not a Haryanvi movie. It is a hindi movie. So they have to keep in mind the audience. But it is the first time, I have seen raginis and so much haryanvi touch in a mainstream hindi movie.

Rest is a question of taste. For me VB is one of the best in India...
    Last edited by cooljat; February 18th, 2013 at 07:51 PM.

Argo - 7/10
    Based on true story of US embassy hostage case of 1979 in Iran.