Page 64 of 84 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1664

Thread: Movie's Reviews

सत्याग्रह, भी आच्छी मूवी पावैगी, देख के बता दियो किसी सै i न्यू सुण्या था तावली रिलीज़ होण आली सै i

Release bhi ho gayi aur 40 Crore kamaa bhi liye...
    maine nahi dekhi but as per my friends its about 3-3.5 out of 5....

Quote Originally Posted by singhvp View Post
    सत्याग्रह, भी आच्छी मूवी पावैगी, देख के बता दियो किसी सै i न्यू सुण्या था तावली रिलीज़ होण आली सै i
    क्रांति तभी सफल होती है जब बहुमत को उसकी आवश्यकता हो - आचार्य चाणक्य

May be , but I have my doubts .

" Aarankshan " movie biggest disappointment from Mr Jha ...........

Quote Originally Posted by singhvp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post
    May be , but I have my doubts .

" Aarankshan " movie biggest disappointment from Mr Jha ...........

Satyagrah is another disappointment. It is nowhere near to Jha's masterpiece like Gangajal, Apharan or even Rajneeti. Seems like Jha has lost some of his uniqueness in handling such topics for the movies.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Madras Cafe: 5*

Yes, I thought how can John Abraham movie be that good but truth be told the movie is an epic. No stupid love story, no songs, factual tight narration keeping a perfect mix of political acceptance.

I would not rate this movie. This is a rarity in Indian cinema where such a delicate topic has been handled with such sensitivity.
    Movie is gripping in every sense and you seem to live every moment of the movie. Go and watch!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pawandahiya For This Useful Post:

desijat (September 5th, 2013), rekhasmriti (September 5th, 2013)

From what I have read here and heard from people who saw Satyagraha, it wasn't a bad miss. I am glad I didn't watch it. I think Prakash Jha is on a downhill since the last couple of movies.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

"From what I have read here and heard from people who saw Satyagraha, it wasn't a bad miss. I am glad I didn't watch it. I think Prakash Jha is on a downhill since the last couple of movies."

"Satyagrah is another disappointment. It is nowhere near to Jha's masterpiece like Gangajal, Apharan or even Rajneeti. Seems like Jha has lost some of his uniqueness in handling such topics for the movies."

Thanks a lot Pawan n Jaspreet .................for saving my time n money .

Satyagrah- 2.5/5

Story of Anna movement, expected plot. If you have been following news, you can miss this one.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (September 6th, 2013)

Shudh Desi Romance

2.5 on 5

Story : Raghu( Sushant - Hero ) on way to his " Baraat " meet Gayatri ( Parineeti ) like her .....then ran off from his wedding leaving Taara ( New Gal ) . Then Gayatri met him again , get into relationship . Then decide to get married , then Gayatri ran off from wedding leaving Raghu . Some coincidence Ragu met Taara , then they get into relationship . Raghu was about to propose Taara then met Gayatri again. After series of dialogues Taara took off . Raghu and Gayatari realize their ever lasting love and again decide to get married . However they both ran off again reach same place n decide they are not ready for marriage . Finally movie khatam .

Those who have issues with commitment can relate to movie a lot , some NV kinda jokes , saddest part calling bf as bro, shadi se bhagna na ho gaya mazak ho gaya . Though all actors did good .

IMO ........only good thing about movie that too for gals " mast saree n suits designs" .

I saw an Australian movie last weekend - "'Breaker' Morant". Set during the Boer War of South Africa of the early 20th Century, the story asks questions of morality and judging between right and wrong during war. Its basically a court room drama similar to 'A few good men' and based on a true incident where 3 Australians serving the British Army in South Africa are accused of killing unarmed guerrillas and civilians opposed to them. Although just carrying out their senior's orders, the Australians are made scapegoat due to political reasons and put on a court martial trial. This is a must see for history buffs.

Researching more on the incident, I was surprised to find that the Boers (ethnic Dutch and German immigrants of South Africa) were the first to use the word 'Commando' for their rag-tag guerrilla units opposing the British army. They were known for their superior marksmenship, horse riding and lived off the land. Real adventurers.

Read more here.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080310/?ref_=sr_4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaker..._court_martial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boer_Commando

Next on my list is another Aussie war movie - 'Gallipoli'
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swaich For This Useful Post:

cooljat (September 19th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by swaich View Post
    I saw an Australian movie last weekend - "'Breaker' Morant". Set during the Boer War of South Africa of the early 20th Century, the story asks questions of morality and judging between right and wrong during war. Its basically a court room drama similar to 'A few good men' and based on a true incident where 3 Australians serving the British Army in South Africa are accused of killing unarmed guerrillas and civilians opposed to them. Although just carrying out their senior's orders, the Australians are made scapegoat due to political reasons and put on a court martial trial. This is a must see for history buffs.

Researching more on the incident, I was surprised to find that the Boers (ethnic Dutch and German immigrants of South Africa) were the first to use the word 'Commando' for their rag-tag guerrilla units opposing the British army. They were known for their superior marksmenship, horse riding and lived off the land. Real adventurers.

Read more here.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080310/?ref_=sr_4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaker..._court_martial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boer_Commando

Next on my list is another Aussie war movie - 'Gallipoli'
    You missed Sadda Haq ? It would be interesting to read your take on it.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    You missed Sadda Haq ? It would be interesting to read your take on it.
    I haven't seen it yet. I will be honest; I am prejudiced against Punjabi movies, at least the ones to come out recently. Anne Ghide da Daan, an international award winner was the last I could watch. The rest all are slapstick comedies with same old routines. Punjabi cinema is back to Jatt titles of the 80s, just that its no longer action, but comedy and poor one at that.

I know Sadda Haq was based on a sensitive topic which was crying out to be explored via art or cinema. Hopefully I will manage to watch it via my cousins when I visit home during the Diwali break. Will definitely post my review here.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

I would rate it 3.5. Good comedy, matured(a bit adult) fun, shows todays youth dillemma(naade ke dheele)

Shudh Desi Romance

2.5 on 5

Story : Raghu( Sushant - Hero ) on way to his " Baraat " meet Gayatri ( Parineeti ) like her .....then ran off from his wedding leaving Taara ( New Gal ) . Then Gayatri met him again , get into relationship . Then decide to get married , then Gayatri ran off from wedding leaving Raghu . Some coincidence Ragu met Taara , then they get into relationship . Raghu was about to propose Taara then met Gayatri again. After series of dialogues Taara took off . Raghu and Gayatari realize their ever lasting love and again decide to get married . However they both ran off again reach same place n decide they are not ready for marriage . Finally movie khatam .

Those who have issues with commitment can relate to movie a lot , some NV kinda jokes , saddest part calling bf as bro, shadi se bhagna na ho gaya mazak ho gaya . Though all actors did good .

IMO ........only good thing about movie that too for gals " mast saree n suits designs" .

This is the end

3 on 5

Comedy movie with Hollywood stars . They are at party at James Franco house and world ends . Real name of stars . Many hilarious scenes like Emma Watson scene , other when they try to break the floor etc though some where NV n kinda gross.
    Best part when they are in heaven n Craig says " this is heaven u wish n it would be true " and Jay wish for most amazing thing - Backstreet Boys - they perform on
    " Everybody " ........Super Great
    IMO......it was fun watching the movie

Must watch for those who know Ashton just coz of his good looks and X of Demi Moore . He did great .
    Biographies are suppose to be boring , I was assuming it would be interesting like Social Network......but not

Those who interested better read his Biography , I heard his biography is damn good many have that on their kindles .
    Movie ........NO to me ......2.5 on 5 may be .

Looking forward to watch same ......subject is pretty good.
    Hows Ashton in movie .......he is the only reason coz of which I might drop idea of watching the movie

Sudh Desi Romance .. except b'ful cinematography of Jaipur and little spontaneous humour nothing is good. It preaches live in relationship over marriage. So I would give it 1/5 and believe its name should have been Dalda Romance.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cooljat For This Useful Post:

deependra (September 23rd, 2013), rekhasmriti (September 20th, 2013)

The Lunchbox

A beautiful movie to watch .

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

cooljat (September 23rd, 2013)

Producers feel Indian audience is less intellect abroad and never release such movies out of the country
    The Lunchbox

A beautiful movie to watch .

24. The Following User Says Thank You to desijat For This Useful Post:

deependra (September 23rd, 2013)

Still better " The Good Road " toh mujhe lagta hi nahi kabhi chance milega dekhne ka .

Quote Originally Posted by desijat View Post
    Producers feel Indian audience is less intellect abroad and never release such movies out of the country

Patton

Amazing movie about a Army General - Superb Dialogues . Super must watch

27. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (September 29th, 2013)