Page 73 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23 63 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1664

Thread: Movie's Reviews

Iruvar (1997)

Considering I have been living among Tamil - land for almost two years now, this was my first taste of Tamil cinema. I had watched Mani Rathnam's movies before and was familiar with his body of work, but they were mainly Hindi versions like Roja, Dil Se and Yuva. In that context Iruvar, was my first exposure to a Tamil film with English subtitles of course.

Now for the movie - Iruvar means the Duo and is the story of the rise of MGR and Karunanidhi, the stalwarts of Tamil cinema and politics. It chronicles their struggling years when the writer and poet Karunanidhi helps the actor MGR with dialogues and helps establish him as a superstar. Both men are followers of Annadurai, one of the cofounders of the Dravidian movement and get involved in politics. Rifts emerge after Anna's death leading to them parting ways.

The movie is very well made and paints a true picture of the men - their qualities, talents, mistakes, follies etc. Both men had mistresses and sired children with them which is very well depicted. Even a young Jayalalitha's rise is shown. Mohanlal as MGR is magnificent but for me Prakash Raj as Karunanidhi is the real star of the film. He stands up to Mohanlal very well and holds his own. Tabu, Revathi and Aiswarya have minor roles but add to the film.

What also stands out is Mani Rathnam and the cinematographer Santosh Sivan's camerawork. They do not use a lot of camera angles but a simple zoom in and out to convey the gravity of scenes. The lighting is done very well too. The mood of the movie remains serious and dramatic in spite of the songs mostly depicted as MGR's movies. I would recommend this movie for anyone who likes Mani Rathnam's films or wishes to understand the Tamil politics and the stories behind DMK, AIDMK, Jaya, Karunanidhi, MGR, Anna etc.
    Pagdi Sambhal Jatta..!

Million Dollar Arm

3 on 5

Based on real story . Dinesh n Rinku acted quite well . Movie was quite predictable good screenplay kept the rythm of movie consistent ...less drama ...... . I liked Amit character a lot . Background score was good I guess Tamil ( A R Rehman ) .....I was expecting some hoo-haa bollywood music .

Good movie to watch

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to upendersingh For This Useful Post:

ManjeetS (February 1st, 2015), rsdalal (December 26th, 2014), ssgoyat (December 25th, 2014)

History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

"The Interview" 3/5, available online on youtube and Google Play .
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

P.K Movie kaisi hai? Kisi ne dekhi hai kya?

About Time 4.8/5

A grossly underrated movie IMO.

It's sweet, Charming, refreshing & solid tale about love, loss, and family with great performances.

Some Critics are a bit fussy about the nitty gritty of time travel concepts, but it's okay. As this ain't a sci-fi movie. You get so absorbed into the movie that you don't even realize those missteps along the way.

Especially the last 15-20 minutes are delightfully touching for a film that wants so much to sound profound and be a life lesson. Like

- You can't make someone love you
    - Quality and quantity time with the people you love are the most cherished moments in life.
    - The real troubles in life will always be the things that never crossed your worried mind.
    - Sometimes, terrible things must happen in order for life to change for the better.
    - Just try to live everyday as if you've deliberately come back to this one day. To enjoy it. As if it was the full final day. Of your extraordinary, ordinary life

At the end of this impacting movie, you'll be wiping your tears for these lessons and be a changed person towards your perspective about life, love and family.

Another such great & brilliant movies are A Separation & Nebraska. which are suitably rated though.
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

AryanPoonia (January 8th, 2015), rekhasmriti (January 3rd, 2015)

Saare Jahaan Se Mehnga 4/5

A good movie.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rsdalal For This Useful Post:

cooljat (December 31st, 2014), rekhasmriti (January 3rd, 2015), sukhbirhooda (January 12th, 2015)

@ Rekhasmriti

Watch Gone Girl 4.7/5

It's a kind of movie you like. Many steps above dawat-e-ishq.

The Interview 4.2/5 (Comedy)
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ssgoyat For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (January 7th, 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by amitbudhwar View Post
    P.K Movie kaisi hai? Kisi ne dekhi hai kya?
    PK 4.8/5 ...

You need an open mind and logical view to accept the movie. Next of OMG movie. Comedy.
    Regards

Shiv K. Chaudhary
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. .

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shivamchaudhary For This Useful Post:

amitbudhwar (January 14th, 2015)

Happened to travel to India and saw a couple of movies onboard. Collective reviews:

Revolver Rani: 3/5
    Not bad at all, Kangana gives a good performance, total entertainment package. A dacoit fooled by Vir Das who is using her money to be an actor. Vir has a lot to improve on his acting though Piyush Mishra is awesome.

Filmistan: 3.5/5

Story of a wanna be actor who gets kidnapped mistaken for foreign tourists, goes across the border makes friends and plans to come back. Powerful performances by some underdogs, low budget but good movie.
    सच्चे शब्दों में सच के अहसास लिखेंगे ...
    वक्त पढे जिसको कुछ इतना खास लिखेंगे...
    गीत गजल हम पर लिखेंगे लिखने वाले...
    हमने कलम उठाइ, तो इतिहास लिखेंगे...!!

" @ Rekhasmriti........"

You are Absolutely Right I liked both movies....

For me too ...Gone Girl 4.5 over 5

Good Script ..perfect screenplay . Siblings Chemistry .....way actress narrate her Troubling Thoughts .....Great Climax Bingo . Must Watch .

The Interview 4 on 5
    Comedy .....fun movie to watch .

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

Arvindc (January 13th, 2015)

Band of Brothers

5 star. Must watch tv series.

Hundred Foot Journey
    3 on 5

Simple story , good screenplay . No drama ....emotions are quite well pictured without over reactions . Good movie to watch . Decent humor .....

Re Directed
    3.5 on 5

Good comedy . What I like most many characters , cultures all connected like a perfect story . Hilarious ......one funny movie .....total mood shifter .
    Must Watch

John Wick

5 on 5 ( Only my opinion )

Awesome movie .....very well made . I have seen many movies on contract killers , mafia , hero quitting bad life for a gal n blah blah. Starting of 15 min woudl tell you movie gonna steal all your interest ......pace is super great .This is simply great ....about revenge of Murdered Hope not some love . Keanu WONDERFUL ( I am anyhow fond of him ) . Less dialogues more acting ......Almost every scene is different and shown in entirely awesome way . N no doubt he is looking .....#$@$%@$*^&

Super must watch .......only regret I have it super deserve a BIG Screen.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

ManjeetS (January 25th, 2015)

Imitation Game

4 on 5

Good movie . Those who are fond of Benedict ( from Sherlock ) they must definitely watch this one . Amazing acting . Those who likes Beautiful mind would also like this one . Absolute balanced movie not over about World War , not over about his Personal . Based on real story of Alan Turing , he had a short life but not much hoo-haa in teh movie . Dialogues good one ....sort of quick wit kind . Overall Enjoyable movie .

Must Watch .

24. The Following User Says Thank You to rekhasmriti For This Useful Post:

ssgoyat (February 2nd, 2015)

Taken-3

5 out of 5 Superb

Baby

4.5 Out 5

One of best movie.

Baby is just an avg film with very predictable story n' its technically very poor. Akshay's acting is only saver.
    I give it 2/5. Had higher expectations but was disappointed!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by rekhasmriti View Post
    John Wick

5 on 5 ( Only my opinion )

Awesome movie .....very well made . I have seen many movies on contract killers , mafia , hero quitting bad life for a gal n blah blah. Starting of 15 min woudl tell you movie gonna steal all your interest ......pace is super great .This is simply great ....about revenge of Murdered Hope not some love . Keanu WONDERFUL ( I am anyhow fond of him ) . Less dialogues more acting ......Almost every scene is different and shown in entirely awesome way . N no doubt he is looking .....#$@$%@$*^&

Super must watch .......only regret I have it super deserve a BIG Screen.
    Should get a gold coin from him Lol

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ManjeetS For This Useful Post:

rekhasmriti (January 25th, 2015)

" Should get a gold coin from him Lol"

Hahahahah....Indeed....lets both try and then would split.....what u say ...