Page 27 of 84 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 77 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie's Reviews

Told you I was biased when I gave the rating.....

And yes, Rachel McAdams is superb......any day, as compared with Megan

I found Jude Law quite convincing as Watson, especially when indignant......
    Holmes: You've never complained about my methods before.
    Watson: I've never complained! When have I ever complained about you practicing the violin at three in the morning, or your mess? .........(or laziness or.........something...something.....)

Wonder who would be the Professor Moriarity if/when a sequel is made?
    Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    I think Sherlock Holmes was a 3.5/5 for me…

Well, firstly it is kinda difficult for a huge Sherlock Holmes fan like me to not be steeped in that fond, old memory and image of Doordarshan’s Jeremy Brett playing the poised, brooding detective…and then be exposed to this more of a bare-chested street fighter of (Guy Ritchie’s) Holmes, and not cringe a bit!!!...
    (The fact that action sort of takes the more important front seat to the legendary detective’s actual deducing capabilities, was also a bit of a wonder…)

Personally I thought that the casting of Robert Downey Jr. was a wonderful coup of sorts; who else but the brilliant poster bad boy of Hollywood to play the most celebrated and brilliant detective (also a bad boy of sorts – remember those cocaine addled, stupor driven musings…and deductions?) of the 18th/19th Century London!?!...

But what was Mr. Ritchie thinking when he picked Jude Law to play Watson???... he was too much of a pretty boy to really play convincingly that iconically curious, faithful (reverent) Doctor that had dutifully chronicled all the feats of his illustrious and great friend/mentor, following him without complaint to all corners of the world!?! (Also, the “romancing” Doctor was a bit of an unnecessary distraction!)…

Ps. One thing to add here though…all the shots of Rachel McAdams (she plays the female fatale, Holmes famous but dangerous counterpart lady- Irene Adler); were simply glorious for me, and I fell in love with her (sorry Megan; just for this one instance!.....*)…all over again after having done the same in ‘The Notebook’, and then the ‘Wedding Crashers’… :D

Quote Originally Posted by anjoo View Post
    You think The Real Rocknrolla won't be.....errrr......typical Guy Richie?:p
    typical or atypical... i won't feel like 1 idiot after watching :p I have faith in Guy Richie he would spring some surprises here n there!!! :D like in RocknRolla: slapping school theory and interesting names Mr. One Two. Handsome Bob, Tank, Mumbles, Fred the Head, Roman :D :D

Martin Scorsese's "The Departed"........cannot rate it......just loved watching it..........

Indignant Indeed...

Told you I was biased when I gave the rating.....

And yes, Rachel McAdams is superb......any day, as compared with Megan

I found Jude Law quite convincing as Watson, especially when indignant......
    Holmes: You've never complained about my methods before.
    Watson: I've never complained! When have I ever complained about you practicing the violin at three in the morning, or your mess? .........(or laziness or.........something...something.....)

Wonder who would be the Professor Moriarity if/when a sequel is made?
    Watson's just cribbing there [as usual :rolleyes:].... he's afterall completely at home in the "mess" and the (off key) music of his friend.......

Hmmmm.... I would say to play the celebrated detective's equally legendary nemesis (my vote goes) should either be Jon Voight or Anthony Hopkins!

ps. Again....please; No bad mouthing Ms. Fox here......... :p
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Shailendra
    Megan Fox terey haath naa awaay, chahey jitna marzi hungaa laa liye..........LOL
    Rachel McAdams ney Ryan gossling ley gya........eeb key karega........daaki....................LOL

:p:rock:rock
    Last edited by karan; January 12th, 2010 at 01:21 AM.

Sherlock Holmes- 4.5/5.00

A treat from Guy Ritchie for all fans of "observation and deductive reasoning."
    Minus 0.5 for a little bit of predictability..........or is it deductive reasoning at work!!!!

(P.S. : I am partial to Guy Ritchie, Robert Downy Jr. and Holmes...)

Sherlock Holmes: worth watching 3.5/5

Robert Jr. is good.. He is definitely better as Holmes than as 'Iron-Man'.
    yeah, Watson is right when he complains about the Holmes practicing violin.. its irritating. i mean background score is a let-down.

Dulha Mil Gaya
    4/5
    -There are no bad people in this world..they are either good or amusing.

...La Vida es Bella....

n was it "love impossible" or "Love possible"
    jeez..irritable at its best..from the Gibbon-ish Udit Chopra to sore in ur eyes priyanka chopra
    specially the over-matured kid keepin an eye on her mum's affairs and kindling..adding fuel to fire.another example of lost innocence
    JUST NOT ON...

...La Vida es Bella....

The Hangover, A good comedy film.Would like to rate it 5 out of 5.

Totally in sync with you here Abhimanu. Finally I saw the 3 idiots yesterday. To be frank didn't find it that appealing. It's an average flick. First half was light, witty n' smooth but sec half was intolerable. Even felt like Aamir Khan was doing overacting in few of the scenes. Kaminey, well its pathetic .. period!

Quote Originally Posted by singhabhimanyu View Post
    wrongly influenced by the pre-release hype, i rate kaminey as pathetic and 3 idiots jst ok movie.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Watched Ishqiya today.. Liked UP dialect... 3.5/5

The Lady Killers (2004)
    Good one form Coen bros. 4/5.

Liked the Tom Hanks accent.. :D .

Another comedy from Coens: Hudsucker Proxy: 3.5/5. Tim Robins is good in movie..... and the leading lady (not sure who is she) is GREAT !!!

9 Months

Another amazing movie.. Must watch for any would be Father :-)

4.5/5

It's COMPLICATED

Good comedy movie.. One time watch.. Love/Hate relation of divorced couple.. Comedy and some really amazing non-veg one-liners 4/5

Retard sorry Avatar, James Camroon, I mean marketing of suicide. Those who liked it[disliked too] couldnt review it better than this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJarz7BYnHA

Avatar reminded me of an old DD serial of 80s- Ek Gadhe Ki Aatamkatha
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

Whatever Works by Woody Allen, starring LArry David in lead: 4/5.
    Fantastic movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Retard sorry Avatar, James Camroon, I mean marketing of suicide. Those who liked it[disliked too] couldnt review it better than this :- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJarz7BYnHA
    Didn't see the movie but this Youtube'd review is pretty good!! :D

My Name Is Khan

Somehow tolerated this movie. No courage to see it again. No music, no entertainment, no comedy, no depth in story, quite disappointment, but yet 3/5.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    Watched Ishqiya today.. Liked UP dialect... 3.5/5
    yup..n the twists
    4/5

...La Vida es Bella....

my name is khan.....shahrukh khan was outstanding.performancewise 5/5.I have seen autistic ppl in real life .he acted very close to reality.in one scene kajol tried to make him directly look in her eyes.but he did not.that is the main characterstic of this syndrome.srk has done his homework really well before acting in this movie.certain scenes were very emotional.esplly when kajol son died.all my friends were crying.even my heart came out in my throat after seeing that.zareena wahabs role was short but well acted.kajol as always nice.
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"