Quote Originally Posted by vijay View Post
Dangal - An average watchable movie !

We hardly come across sports oriented movies in India. But trends has changed recently after Chak De, followed by Bhag Milkha Bhag, Mary Com and MS Dhoni type movies. Sportsperson lives a very disciplined and hard working lifestyle and that generally feels boring to watch or read their stories. It's totally film maker's efforts that how interestingly they could represent it. Though i am not a Aamir Khan fan but he represented a boring story in nice and interesting way. He deserves credit for it.

Main character try to speak in Haryanvi dialect which is not that good and hardly matters because, as Haryanvi, we maybe very critical of it but people from other parts of India can hardly distinguish the difference. First half of the movie is rather funny while the second half is somewhat emotional.

Geeta's coach is represented as bad guy to make the the movie interesting while he is saying otherwise and claim to always helped Geeta. We don't know that truth and in such cases big Stars are always right and real people/incidents takes a back seat in show business. I won't be surprised if some 'i know everything' type social media freaks start appreciating or congratulating Aamir Khan instead of Mahavir Singh Phogat.

I am curious to know in which village on Haryana Gol Gappas were served at 5 AM and that too fifteen years back.
Exactly