Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meat: Healthy or Unhealthy ?

[quote=shwetadhaka;184064]Its true that the vegetables & fruits are not fully 'natural'. They are grown & riped using chemicals. But on the other hand we also know what a chicken, goat, pig etc eat. They eat all sorts of rubbish & wastes lying here & there.

So, its a matter of choice & personal perception as to which is bearable .....

And regarding eating fresh & hygienic meat, however fresh or hygienic it is you are eating the saliva, flesh, arteries, lungs, lever, stomach (which also contains undigested "things" eaten by that animal ....and those "things" were somewhere lying on a dirty side of a dirty street ....probably from MCD dustbins, or the dump yard of some local hospital, or near some sewage system and such things can quite possibly contain dangerous chemicals ...... And this no one can control or certify .... ), body hair, skin etc of that animal ....

Now where do you see these animals having there food from...... ??? From some quality food stores or from nearby some gutters & all? And you are eating something like that indirectly when you consume these animals ...... IMAGINE ....... :eek::o

How can anyone in the world provide you with meat of an animal who was grown up only on a hygienic diet all its life !!!!!

Fresh meat just means that it was cleaned up to ensure removal of any "visible" dirt etc. I am sorry to say but usually the dirt is all mixed in the whole body, in each & every part of his body .....

I am aint a staunch vegetarian supporter, I am just talking on evident logics !

its not only about hygiene. yahan australia main meat saaf aur healthy animals ka milta hai. agar aapko meat bilkul clean mil jaaye to kyaa aap kha logi?

Quote Originally Posted by mkm_jat View Post
    I would like to share video in favor of Shweta Ji's line which are quoted here.
    Non-veggies, I am sorry if feel discouraged after seeing this video. This video is entitled as "MEET YOUR MEAT" and explains how the meat is processed which you get to eat in daily life.
    Please have a look http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=VIjanhKqVC4
    I am sorry again but I could not stop myself to post it here.
    Regards,
    Manoj
    yes i ve seen that... any person who has little bit of conscience will leave eating meat after watching it

Quote Originally Posted by arvind1069 View Post
    they eat yak..ok... but yak kya khata hai? vo to ghaas hi khata hoga. that means vahan anaaj bhi paida ho sakta hai.

This is what i say ppl try to enforce their views on others. Be practical man. Theory looks good in books. Go and expericence the region first.

yes i ve seen that... any person who has little bit of conscience will leave eating meat after watching it

Have u seen how bread is prepared ? Watch it and then dare to eat u will come to know what r u asking for

everybody is talking about cleanliness and hygiene of meat...but
    what about its ethical concerns?
    what about the pain that is inflicted to the animal?
    and what about killing?
    if v love animals how can v killl them? do we kill our pet dog or cat?

and plz dont give that age old logic (actually not a logic) given by non veges that "sabjiyon main bhi to life hoti hai"

"ik hiran maareya taan machaya bada hi shor
    murge roz hi vadd hunde, ki unha da kasoor" - babbu mann song
    Arvind bhai g ethics hardly matters for those who drink, smoke, nonveggies.
    Even people always give their own logics in support of all these kinds of habbits like those who drinks they says Shiv g bhi to bhaang peete thee, those who smokes they usually says 1 diin to sabko maarna hai to khuub khao khuub peoo. But vegetables and fruits are far better than non veg.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Quote Originally Posted by nishantrathi82 View Post
    But vegetables and fruits are far better than non veg.
    Bhai Nishant just to correct u there is nothing like good or bad. That all our thoughts. Ur perception ki veg is gud but same time u cant deny that non veg is bad. Aap logo ko jo achha lagta hai khaao par doosro ko achha burra kehna bevakoofi hai.

Aisa nahi hai ki aap(here generalized) hi jaante ho ki non veg mein bimaari , slaughter house glass ke ho toh, unhygenic hai ... ye sabko pata hota hai ... par sabka alag alag taste hota hai... koi bhagwaan ke ek samaan banaye praani samjh ke nahi khata toh kissi ko achha nahi lagta ya fir kissi ke ghar mein bura manna jata hai ... par aisa koi prakarti ka rule nahi hai ki nahi khana chahiye... Prakarti ne hi insaan ko maas khaane waala banaya hai nahi toh gaay bhains type bhi ho sakte the ki sungh ke chodd de ... sher ghass nahi khaayega, gaaye maas nahi khaayegi yaa kuch prajaati ke bandarr dono khaa lenge ... prakarti ne aisa banaya hai toh uske niyam ko chalne do ... no saare kabhi maasahari honge naa saare kabhi shakahaari ... balance bana hua hai bass sab thiek hai.

P.S. Mein shudh shakahaari hoon, not even andda

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    Bhai Nishant just to correct u there is nothing like good or bad. That all our thoughts. Ur perception ki veg is gud but same time u cant deny that non veg is bad. Aap logo ko jo achha lagta hai khaao par doosro ko achha burra kehna bevakoofi hai.

Aisa nahi hai ki aap(here generalized) hi jaante ho ki non veg mein bimaari , slaughter house glass ke ho toh, unhygenic hai ... ye sabko pata hota hai ... par sabka alag alag taste hota hai... koi bhagwaan ke ek samaan banaye praani samjh ke nahi khata toh kissi ko achha nahi lagta ya fir kissi ke ghar mein bura manna jata hai ... par aisa koi prakarti ka rule nahi hai ki nahi khana chahiye... Prakarti ne hi insaan ko maas khaane waala banaya hai nahi toh gaay bhains type bhi ho sakte the ki sungh ke chodd de ... sher ghass nahi khaayega, gaaye maas nahi khaayegi yaa kuch prajaati ke bandarr dono khaa lenge ... prakarti ne aisa banaya hai toh uske niyam ko chalne do ... no saare kabhi maasahari honge naa saare kabhi shakahaari ... balance bana hua hai bass sab thiek hai.

P.S. Mein shudh shakahaari hoon, not even andda

Bhai DK my intension was not like that but yes its looking like that so i m correcting me that i m not saying that non-veggies are bad.
    Its ur likes or dislikes what u eat.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

they eat yak..ok... but yak kya khata hai? vo to ghaas hi khata hoga. that means vahan anaaj bhi paida ho sakta hai.
    mujhe nahin maalum ki wahan anaaj ugta hai ya nahin, lekin they eat meat as well as cereals.....cosuming meat is a necessity there just b'coz of the climatic condition though the naga frens told us that they don't like that yak's meat, but unhe adat dalwai jaati hai only if they want to survive

and ofcourse, animals also have life but u asked about the healthy/unhealthiness of meat.....ok, that's why people added such view-points......better give a suitable title for the same, otherwise you only will question and answer yourself :p

I read somewhere that humen are nonveg by nature. pure veggie chew the food side by side such as cow, deer etc. however non veggie chew up side down as lion and other from cat family. if we apply this logic than humen are near to non veg type animals.
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    mujhe nahin maalum ki wahan anaaj ugta hai ya nahin, lekin they eat meat as well as cereals.....cosuming meat is a necessity there just b'coz of the climatic condition though the naga frens told us that they don't like that yak's meat, but unhe adat dalwai jaati hai only if they want to survive

and ofcourse, animals also have life but u asked about the healthy/unhealthiness of meat.....ok, that's why people added such view-points......better give a suitable title for the same, otherwise you only will question and answer yourself :p
    thank for the advise...

Enigma

The sporadic colon cancer is second most common deadly cancer in the west. I am talking about sporadic not the inherited cancers. It is just an example. How often do you guys hear that somebody suffering from this cancer in your area? How many known cancers/life threatening diseases are caused by vegetarianism? The JATLADERS come up every now and then, and try to justify that non-veg is good for health. Well you can eat whatever you want, no one is going to stop you but why are you so desperate to justify the benefits of non-vegetarianism? It is an enigma to me!

White meat is healthy! But im glad my mther is vegeterian

I wuld say a healthy diet is fruits and vegetables, and white meat not red meat. Chicken and fish is good meat, chicken should be eaten without skin as it is rich in cholesterol, which is especially not good for older people, i.e above 40 yrs.
    Fish is an excellent source of omega acids which are good for neurons in the human body.
    Red meat is just bad.
    Meri family me sub vegeterian hai (meri 3 bhen ur mummy) magar main aur papa kabhi kabhi chicken ya fish kha lete hain. I think vegeterians are healthy but i think people who eat mostly fruit and veges and occasionally eat chicken or fish are healthier.

healthy meat=healthy food ...unhealthy meat= unhealthy food

bhai meat khana ek na khana to aapni aapni pasand na pasand hai ..harek aadmi ne ek nutritional er balanced diet ke liye protiens ki jarurat hai er usme kuch part animal proteins ki bhi hai,agar vo apni jarurat un proteins se jo ke fruit or veg. ya dhodh dahi se puri karta hai to bhi badiya hai er je vo animal proteins jo ke animal muscle food se milte hain unse puri karta hai to bhi thik hai..
    bas jo bho khao vo jaroor healthy hona chahiye er jitna required hai utna khana chahiye...na to ek aadhe protein ki deficiency bhi create ho jyagi......
    ..........rahi baat meat healthy hai ke unhealthy hai bhai jitna ek mane gyan sai ya hoya sai is sector main kaam karti haan main thari gelyan batan lagrya su ...
    veg. ya non -veg..kisi bhi tarah ke food ka agar source hi galat hai to vo unhealthy hoga hi hoga..bimar bhain ka doodh..kida lagya hod fruit er local slaughtered meat 100 % unhealthy hai..........
    non veg food ki gelyan ek dikat or bhi hai ek yo most perishable food hai..kharab hon ka khatra ghana hai er je khud hi kharab hoga to apne khane vale ne bhi kharabn karega...

meat = 2 dhal ka sai...red meat er white meat
    Red meat include pork, beef,mutton. we get from large animals
    white meat include chicken,turkey,quail ,duck,fish. etc.
    koi ghani badi maya koni donua bichale bas blood er ek protein se myoglobin ..ye animal muscle main jyada hota hai er poultry main thoda kum isliye red er white meat kaha jata hai ...processing ke doran bhi chicken mai se jyada blood drain out hojata hai as compair to large animal..
    eb is baat ka healthy er un healthy te ke mutlab sai..vo nyu sai ek blood is ideal source of microbial growth ..animal processing main more blood is retained with in the muscle... er iske comlex processing procedure ki vajah se different steps per microbial contamination ya growth hone ke chances jyada hain..er upar te mhara cold chain system jo ke animal food ko healthy rakhne ke liye jaroori hai ..vo bhi maintain nahi ho pata..
    ..jo baat piyush ne kahi hai "red meat is just bad" vo thik hai....

meat food = after slaughter of animal/poultry certain chain of reactions takes place in animal muscles to convert it into food.
    ab agar hum galat tarike se processed ya nonprocessed(from local sources) meat ko food banake khavenge to bhai 100 % unhealthy hoga ...
    vohe farak sai jo pyau er kooiyan ka pani pin main er bislery peen mai hai....

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    I wonder no one has yet endorsed eating meat of Lion or Eagle...:eek::rock

Meat khao to kam se Sher ya baj ka ka nahi to kya rakha hai Murga, Bakra khane mein..
    Eating lion will give satisfaction of eating Jungle Ka raja.Top of food chain...:D

Hai kisi mein Dum ???

Biologists says we dnt have enzymes(naturally) in gut to digest meat.Rest all depends on raising up..Ethically, meat eating should be in conditions of survival....Aise to Amrit se bhi pet nahi bharega...:D

" Biologists says we dnt have enzymes(naturally) in gut to digest meat".Bhai nyu to ya saari duniya shuru main hi maar leti jo meat khaan laag re sain..

i also read smwhere

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeev_balyan View Post
    I read somewhere that humen are nonveg by nature. pure veggie chew the food side by side such as cow, deer etc. however non veggie chew up side down as lion and other from cat family. if we apply this logic than humen are near to non veg type animals.
    A study of human anatomy and physiology also reveals that the human being is basically a vegetarian animal.

1. Like Vegetarian Animal our large and small intestines measure four times the length of our body whereas in case of Carnivores it is almost the same size of the animal.
    2. We do not have fangs as the Carnivores have to bite the flesh.
    3. Human Saliva is Alkaline containing Ptyalin to digest carbohydrates whereas in Carnivores it is Acidic.
    4. For Carnivores to digest highly proteinous flesh diet gastric secretion is highly acidic, whereas the human secretion is of low acidity.
    5. Human do not have claws - like Carnivores to tear flesh.
    6. Humans perspire through body pores whereas flesh eating animals through their tongue.
    7. Meat eating animals see in darkness while Vegetarian Animals and men fine it extremely difficult to see in darkness.
    8. The vegetarian Animals and men sip water and liquids whereas Carnivores lick liquids

our poultry processing unit has walls of glass

everybody is talking about cleanliness and hygiene of meat...but
    what about its ethical concerns?
    what about the pain that is inflicted to the animal?
    and what about killing?
    if v love animals how can v killl them? do we kill our pet dog or cat?

and plz dont give that age old logic (actually not a logic) given by non veges that "sabjiyon main bhi to life hoti hai"

"ik hiran maareya taan machaya bada hi shor
    murge roz hi vadd hunde, ki unha da kasoor" - babbu mann song
    chahal sahab abki baar puchkula aao to batana ek bar hamara poultry processing plant jaroor visit karvana chahunga...er iski walls bhi sishe ki sain..shayad aapki vechar thode se badal jayen.....mera mob.no.hai 9216525378,mohali rehta hun or chandigarh se ropar (roop nagar) jate waqt bich main ek chota sa kasba hai kurali naam ka ..vahin par "ALCHEMIST" naam ki chd. based company ka poultry processing unit hai...jyada door bhi nahi hai..ek baar jaroor aana....ethical concern ..pain er killing ka bhi concept clear hovega........
    er konya kahta ek "sabjiyon main bhi life hoti hai"

meat is not good for human being because hamaari jo aante hain wo shakaahaaari jaaanwaro se milti hain jaise cow elephent.jise humne banaya nahi use maarne ka koi adhikaar bhi nahi.

Quote Originally Posted by rajkharb View Post
    A study of human anatomy and physiology also reveals that the human being is basically a vegetarian animal.

1. Like Vegetarian Animal our large and small intestines measure four times the length of our body whereas in case of Carnivores it is almost the same size of the animal.
    3. Human Saliva is Alkaline containing Ptyalin to digest carbohydrates whereas in Carnivores it is Acidic.
    4. For Carnivores to digest highly proteinous flesh diet gastric secretion is highly acidic, whereas the human secretion is of low acidity.
    6. Humans perspire through body pores whereas flesh eating animals through their tongue.
    7. Meat eating animals see in darkness while Vegetarian Animals and men fine it extremely difficult to see in darkness.
    8. The vegetarian Animals and men sip water and liquids whereas Carnivores lick liquids
    Great research!!!! Our forefathers were so stupid they could not observe these things and result more than half ( if consider milk as nonveg, animal fat is there, then 90%) of the world population become nonveg. I wonder how they are digesting their food without any enzyme to digest animal fat. And why these creatures very close to cow are not having mad man disease similar to mad cow disease??????????
    Lets wait for another 20 years............for another research to discard current.......

Quote Originally Posted by rajkharb View Post

thats right. add one more point to this...
    9) the young ones of carnivores dont open their eyes for long after birth. but the young babies of herbivores open thier eyes immedietly after birth.
    10) the shape of our teeth are similar to herbivores, not carnivores.
    11) if u put some fruits and meat in front of a human baby. his natural tendency will b to eat fruits, not meat.

inspite of knowing all that, why r u supporting meat eating? kya aapke slaughter house main bahar ki public andar dekh sakti hai un glass walls se ki andar kaise processing ho rahi hai? mujhe to nahi lagta ki aisa koi arrangement hoga.

Unhealthy:rock