Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Meat: Healthy or Unhealthy ?

Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post
    Hahahaha.....no no.. you are allowed to speak your heart.....permission granted...:D

As regards to protein intake and metabolism, I know that increased protein intake increases your fat metabolism rate. Proteins are difficult to metabolize compared to carbs, increasing your metabolism and in turn burning fat. But, its better to have smaller frequent protein rich meals than few big ones to avoid losing muscle mass due to starvation induced response!
    That makes a lot of sense.

I know you are not a nutritionist ... but ek or sawal se... please bear with me.
    Since proteins are hard to metabolize.... is it possible that some of them remain unbetabolized? .... does that affect the kidney / liver? - I mean do they settle in the kidney etc.
    Last edited by sidchhikara; December 13th, 2008 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    Hahaha !
    I think I heard this dialog between Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan in Rush hour - CT said "Follow the money, it will lead to a white man" .... No disrespect to poor white trash. Anyway, I think Switzerland is all white.
    Most Indians work for Switzerland for free and they dont even know it.
    Though it might sound like a conspiracy theory on the surface, but Mahatma Gandhi would agree with me.
    lol...you are quite right. A lot of Easern bloc countries are also reaping the benefits of flat tax. check this out
    http://www.youtube.com/user/afq2007

Although, I hardly paid any tax while in India as a consultant to the point that I used to feel a bit guilty hehe. My lawyer would get me refunds every year.

Sorry for derailing from the topic (it was boring anyway).
    Do more, love more

manne na bera......google kar le...:D

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    That makes a lot of sense.

I know you are not a nutritionist ... but ek or sawal se... please bear with me.
    Since proteins are hard to metabolize.... is it possible that some of them remain unbetabolized? .... does that affect the kidney / liver? - I mean do they settle in the kidney etc.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by arvind1069 View Post
    animal protein is necessary for good health and body development.
    but that has to be taken from milk and other dairy products. not meat.

its a myth that meat eaters are stronger than vegetarians. totally wrong notion. look at old desi wrestlers, they drink milk, badam, roti, dals, fruit and vegetables. dara singh, gama pehalwan etc were shakahaari.

aur kya bhim, krishan, balram, hanumaan kya chicken ya beef khaya karte the? unse adhik balwaan koi kya hoga...

:rockDara singh used to eat more than two chicken per day (u can search in google if in doubt)!
    and brother haven't u seen in mahabhart serial , fried peacock was the favorite dish of your bheem.
    i don't know about hanuman but all monkeys eat flesh(even human flesh) whenever they get chance.
    1.Meflan-ch jatt di pichaan wakhree (indeed).

2.Upon knowing the ultimate truth, the foolish become wise, and the wise become silent.

Quote Originally Posted by mhundpuriamann View Post
    :rockDara singh used to eat more than two chicken per day (u can search in google if in doubt)!
    and brother haven't u seen in mahabhart serial , fried peacock was the favorite dish of your bheem.
    i don't know about hanuman but all monkeys eat flesh(even human flesh) whenever they get chance.

bhai to tu bhi kha le.. mana kisney kara hai.. par meat is absolutely unhealthy ..
    Be Simple and Be a Sample for others

Lightbulb Logic behind being a vegetarian

give some logic behind it brother !
    ok let's assume of your younger brother or your son (imaginary :-) ) what you would like , he should be stronger and more confident in life or simply a regular skinny guy which is veg. and just a "good" guy ? don't put your mind ! just ask yourself .

Hi jitender
    I am not advocating that veg food is healthy and non-veg food is unhealthy but i know one thing that we must respect what nature has given us. If i am not wrong than nature has kept human beings in vegetarian category, because our digestive system and tooth structure is made up like this.One more evidence in this regard that all vegetarian consume water by gulping it and not using their tongue to lick water, as all animals do who have to survive on other animals(i.e. carnivorous). you can take example of lion, dog etc who use their tongue to lick water.
    Ravi Choudhary
    Share knowledge, its a way to achive immortality

Bhai kaal ko yu naa keehan laagiye k log train k aage bhi kuuden hain to ya bhi saahe hai :D
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

what???? bheem use to eat peacock?
    kaun si mahabharat dekh li aapne???
    and monkeys eat human flesh....cm on monkey is a vegetarian..
    u need to update ur GK..