Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which is Best Excercise?

Which is Best Excercise?

which is the best excercise for overall development of body and increases, strength and agility?
    is it swimming,joggging, tennis, kabaddi, kushti, dand baithak, or any other?

Arvind Bhai Swimming is
    Best Excercise

Bhai sabse easy to do n best warm exercise is 'Surya-Namaskar' of Yoga !!

Just do it 12 rep a day, it hardly takes more then 15 mins !!
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

I prefer playing basketball if its available and i feel its best.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    I would say yoga is best if it is done in proper way. If you want to keep yourself fit n fine then jogging then little bit of stretching is good. Jogging and stretching is also a must before starting any kind of game whether it is kabbaddi, khokho, hockey, football or cricket. In games I would say hockey is one of best game for sweating out and keeping the body fit as well.

Regards,
    Manoj

SWIMMING, provides a complete package of exercise....complete body gets its benefit

then i also prefer cycling or walking sometimes

YOGA also helpful in body development that like swimming.....and what Jit brother told is also good..."SURYA NAMASKAR".....though, i never tried this one, but its quite effective as answered by many yoga experts/gurukul waasi

nuthin' like playing squash... u stretch, u exert, u sweat. two games a day followed by a splash in the pool, u r dunn for the day. suryaa namaskaar indeed is vry gud for those with time constraints.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

dancing .......
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

Sleeping......>Sleeping Smily<<
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.

I agree,......SLEEPING, :rock

Quote Originally Posted by Samarkadian View Post
    Sleeping......>Sleeping Smily<<

No doubt swimming is one of the best exercise, but the human body requires different sets of varieties in exercisng schedule to tone up different body parts,

Jogging/Running is one of the best, cost effective, easily available exercise, it can be practiced any where and while running body is doing the workout in natural conditions like surface friction, wind resistant, against earth gravity, natural lights sun/moonlit nights(as the case may be dependes upon individuals) etc etc:rock

Offcourse swimming is good for especially those people who have some joints problem in knees etc, chances of injuries are less

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    SWIMMING, provides a complete package of exercise....complete body gets its benefit

then i also prefer cycling or walking sometimes

YOGA also helpful in body development that like swimming.....and what Jit brother told is also good..."SURYA NAMASKAR".....though, i never tried this one, but its quite effective as answered by many yoga experts/gurukul waasi

Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    No doubt swimming is one of the best exercise, but the human body requires different sets of varieties in exercisng schedule to tone up different body parts,

Offcourse swimming is good for especially those people who have some joints problem in knees etc, chances of injuries are less
    These joint problems I never experienced till now, and consuming amla to avoid these further....rest, its true, that after a particular age a person experiences the same

What u talked about body tone, I feel it gives the same results as per my experience....Yoga and swimming are the two best exercises for that. These two not only brings the bodily parts in proper shape but also facilitate the functioning of inner parts. (Natural conditions are always required for any exercise...regarding swimming, only pool is a man-made environment)

Rest, it depends on individual

The joint problem was not written keeping you in mind, it was a general statement. Moreover in todays scenario people in the age group of 30s & 40s are also experiencing these problems rather it has become a very common phenomenon.

When i said running there was another important consideration i mentioned in my reply that is easy availability, when we recommend something good we consider various pros & cons as well, like swimming in Indian conditions is a seasonal phenomena, generally all swimming pools closes in Sept/Oct unless someone has temperature control facility in the pool. With the conditions of various kind of water bodies and there availability etc are some factor

Budhaape mein to un bi paani mein badti haan dar laagge

One more things you can observe all the swimmers(professional one) carry out regular running schedule to improve stamina and strength, where as among atheletes its not so, though they also do swimming in between to chill out or relax or for exercising purposes also.

Yoga is absolutley benificial for body as it provide cure for many diseases and also helps in keeping the body fit, your nervous system and other internal organs get benifited from practising Yoga, your minute vains in the mind and body get the adequate oxygen & blood supply, no doubt i myself is an hardcore Yoga & Pranayam Practitioner.

Would like to add, there is a difference between Yoga and Pranayam, actually it is the Pranayam which improves your inner system, where as Yogas are different body postures to cure different disease or keep the person healthy. I think you wanted to say Pranayam for improving inner system.

But any way, all exercises have good affect on our external as well as inner system:rock, so with that logic in mind, I agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    These joint problems I never experienced till now, and consuming amla to avoid these further....rest, its true, that after a particular age a person experiences the same

What u talked about body tone, I feel it gives the same results as per my experience....Yoga and swimming are the two best exercises for that. These two not only brings the bodily parts in proper shape but also facilitate the functioning of inner parts. (Natural conditions are always required for any exercise...regarding swimming, only pool is a man-made environment)

Rest, it depends on individual
    Last edited by sachinb; October 24th, 2008 at 04:02 PM.

Sachin, I agree with you almost at every point said above.

And let me tell u that I wrote my reply not with the feeling that you quoted anything especially towards me....I just took it generally by adding my experience

For swimming, people do running exercise before that just to warm up....and for strength they need to do bubbling before starting any stroke and even to take rest without losing the strength and capacity.....But, ya if talking about professionals, then they have to prove themselves the best for which the combination of different exercises is required.

Now, it depends whether you talking as per individual's choice or interest; or accordins to professionals....and swimming is my own choice apart from the exercise that is least noticed while doing household work

Pull Ups. Push Ups come a close second. Of course Yoga and Dancing are a class apart.
    Do more, love more

one things u cant keep out is 'running'

run as much as u can . we humans used to hunt for food, we used to run, climb , pull , push.

u r fit as long as u can run. no matter how strong or gud u luk if u cant run u r nothin.

and do body weight exercises for muscle strength.

rembember eat like we used to eat in older days.
    My way or my way ?

Well said Gagan. Strong legs, lungs and heart go a long way.
    Last edited by sumeetmalik; October 24th, 2008 at 07:08 PM.
    Do more, love more

Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    one things u cant keep out is 'running'

run as much as u can . we humans used to hunt for food, we used to run, climb , pull , push.

u r fit as long as u can run. no matter how strong or gud u luk if u cant run u r nothin.

and do body weight exercises for muscle strength.

rembember eat like we used to eat in older days.
    this sounds logical. i think yoga is mere stretching and is better suited to old men who are not able to do rigorous excercises. children and young should not waste time for yoga.

jogging and yoga are the best exercise...
    Be Simple and Be a Sample for others

My experience

Depends on how much time does one have up his/her sleeves ?

15 minutes of walking, 15 minutes of running and 30 minutes of Yoga keep me fit. Timing surely matters for Yoga. However, in AC environment, Yoga can be done anytime during the day, preferrably with empty stomach. But, no time better than the mornings before 9 o'clock.

Apart from that, Keeping right postures at work place and moving your body joints frequently have become very essential. Avoid prolonged sittings on that cosy office chair.

Keep working out, keep living well !
    Last edited by sannand; October 25th, 2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: corrected a spelling