Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which is Best Excercise?

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    Bhai sabse easy to do n best warm exercise is 'Surya-Namaskar' of Yoga !!

Just do it 12 rep a day, it hardly takes more then 15 mins !!
    bilkul sahee kaha 'Surya-Namaskar' of yoga warm up ke liye or body ko fit rakhne ke liye bahoot hee sahee hai, agar koi kar sake to..............or uske bad Pranayam fir kuch karne kee jaroorat nahi.........sirf 30 20 minutes ka package.

netrapal singh choudhary

Thumbs down

Dude, you're absolutely wrong !!, Yoga is the most comperhansive excercise for your kind info and there're many Asanas which even strongest of Pehlwan can't even do it for a second !!

Please dont pass judgment when you have little or no knowledge about the topic !!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by arvind1069 View Post
    this sounds logical. i think yoga is mere stretching and is better suited to old men who are not able to do rigorous excercises. children and young should not waste time for yoga.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by cooljat View Post
    Dude, you're absolutely wrong !!, Yoga is the most comperhansive excercise for your kind info and there're many Asanas which even strongest of Pehlwan can't even do it for a second !!

Please dont pass judgment when you have little or no knowledge about the topic !!

Rock on
    Jit
    achha tell me...
    when v do yoga we dont sweat, our heart rate doesnt increase, our muscles dont exert force, all that what happens is mere stretching. then how can it be a complete excercise? plz tell me how it will develop muscle strenght and stamina?

achha tell me...
    when v do yoga we dont sweat, our heart rate doesnt increase, our muscles dont exert force, all that what happens is mere stretching. then how can it be a complete excercise? plz tell me how it will develop muscle strenght and stamina?
    Bhai Sahab, Its a common myth that only stretching exercises are a part of Yoga. If you will see Iyenger or here in West Power Yoga/Flow Yoga Schools are quite famous, you will see that they emphasize on a lot of postures that are strength and stamina building. I attended a flow yoga class in Malibu and I was sweating more than anyone there. And I used to pride myself that I have practiced Yoga before so I will be good at it.

Using downward and Upward dog postures, that are in Surya Namaskar there are many variations that take everything from you to attain stability. Plus Yoga is more holistic. So it emphasizes on breath and has a whole lot of philosophy behind it. But even if you take the physical aspect, Hatha Yoga, it works on every aspect of the body. Trouble is the results are a bit slow and can get boring at times. At least to me it happens!
    Do more, love more

Lightbulb

Dude, u just do Suryanamaskar for 12 times, then u'll realize what really is Yoga ... u know Yogic asanas look very simple but when u practice then u'll realize how exhaustive & calories burning work out it is ... n who said u it doesnt increase heart rate, I bet u try Tibatian Yoga and then u'll relaize how much it pump ur blood u literally need to take proper rest after it ... and u talking about muscle strenght then u try many arm balancing postures in which ur whole body weight is on ur hands .. and it takes a lot of lot of strength to achieve that !! .. and for increasing stamina n endurance try Pranyamas ... u'll see amazing increment in those and pranayam burns ur fat like anything .. !!

There're many like this .... and if u really want to do hard core sweating & exhausting work out then man u should go for MARTIAL ARTS !! go join any takewondo, karate classes ... an u know most of the martial arts drills n strechting excercises r modified Yoga only !!

First go thro' this site - http://www.yogajournal.com/ then u'll learn what yoga is !!

you know Yoga is most complete excercise technique cuz it conditions ur inner organ, your outer muscles and ur spritual side as well thats why I say, Yoga is an artistic science or scintific art !!

Rock on
    Jit

achha tell me...
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Thumbs up

Gud on u bhai, so u r into Yoga finally ... gud, gud keep it up !! Guys, just attend Yoga classese for a week only, u'll see drastic improvments..

And a very pragmatic quote for all health seekers -

'There're no shortcuts in Health and Success' !!

Keep fighting fit !

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by sumeetmalik View Post
    Bhai Sahab, Its a common myth that only stretching exercises are a part of Yoga. If you will see Iyenger or here in West Power Yoga/Flow Yoga Schools are quite famous, you will see that they emphasize on a lot of postures that are strength and stamina building. I attended a flow yoga class in Malibu and I was sweating more than anyone there. And I used to pride myself that I have practiced Yoga before so I will be good at it.

Using downward and Upward dog postures, that are in Surya Namaskar there are many variations that take everything from you to attain stability. Plus Yoga is more holistic. So it emphasizes on breath and has a whole lot of philosophy behind it. But even if you take the physical aspect, Hatha Yoga, it works on every aspect of the body. Trouble is the results are a bit slow and can get boring at times. At least to me it happens!

Thumbs up

Bro, Concur with you here wholly!, Running is indeed very very imp to keep ur stamina and endurance high and u r waste if u ve body like Arnie but cant run for 1 km, but imp thing here is the way u run ... pay attention, ur stance should be staight and u should run on Toes n also let ur lungs breath as they demand just dont hold !! ..

Gunny, also mentioned one imp thing here about weight training to increase muscle strength ... for ur info guys body buliding and weight training are entirely diffrent, and try to avoid bodybuilding n bulky bodies istead one must try to achieve lean, strong, agile body just like army soliders !!

Cheers!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    one things u cant keep out is 'running'

u r fit as long as u can run. no matter how strong or gud u luk if u cant run u r nothin.

and do body weight exercises for muscle strength.

rembember eat like we used to eat in older days.

to all of u
    so do v need do other excercises? or just yoga is enough?
    i mean to develop strength, stamina, muscle, are yoga postures enough for this? or heavy excercise also need to b done with yogic postures?
    Last edited by arvind1069; October 25th, 2008 at 07:38 PM.

My dear freind doing different Asans and Yogic postures is not a wastage of time, they are very benificial for all age groups. Ofcourse running, games and other exercises i am not ignoring

this sounds logical. i think yoga is mere stretching and is better suited to old men who are not able to do rigorous excercises. children and young should not waste time for yoga.

, I was expecting a lethal attack on me from your side, reason being that I had made some technical mistake in my earlier reply, Good you didnt notice that,,,,,,,,,,,

However for my defence I was also ready by preparing a technical answer to escape the attack:boxing

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    Sachin, I agree with you almost at every point said above.

And let me tell u that I wrote my reply not with the feeling that you quoted anything especially towards me....I just took it generally by adding my experience

For swimming, people do running exercise before that just to warm up....and for strength they need to do bubbling before starting any stroke and even to take rest without losing the strength and capacity.....But, ya if talking about professionals, then they have to prove themselves the best for which the combination of different exercises is required.

Now, it depends whether you talking as per individual's choice or interest; or accordins to professionals....and swimming is my own choice apart from the exercise that is least noticed while doing household work

Smile

My younger brother says "शवासन" is the best exercise/yoga. :D :D

I think we must opt any sport activity to develop stamina, strength and for stretching purpose. Lawn tennis is the best sport for this purpose.

While swimming no doubt is best exercise....i like long walk and running atleast once a day for 7-8 kms At times i've experienced when i've had headache and i'm stressed out....long walk makes the headache vanish and refreshes the body
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Lightbulb

Dude, your bro is quite right but no need to put ':D' after the statment cuz its arguably the most difficult asana as well !!

I believe the best sport actitivy to join is 'MARTIAL ARTS' if u r really serious about hardcore, rigrous workout ... Yoga, Running, Active/Passive streching, endurance, strength, meditation, toughness ... all the very aspects of excercises are involved in it thats why a Serious Martial Artist becomes a Lean Mean Killing Machine, A lethal weapon to the core !!

Rock on
    Jit

Quote Originally Posted by PrashantHooda View Post
    My younger brother says "शवासन" is the best exercise/yoga. :D :D

I think we must opt any sport activity to develop stamina, strength and for stretching purpose. Lawn tennis is the best sport for this purpose.

Anybody, who is doing (or did some time) the SUDERSAN KRIYA of Art of Living. I find it best
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

Smile

Right, I've heard a lot about it's benefits. But we need an instructor to practice for a long time before practicing it self. It typically consists of the various types of Pranayams and other several activities related to breaths.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeev_balyan View Post
    Anybody, who is doing (or did some time) the SUDERSAN KRIYA of Art of Living. I find it best