View Poll Results: Sex Education in India, what’s the importance ::: Poll - Yes or No ???

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it must be given through a well drafted curriculum in schools or through parents.

84 74.34%
  • No, it's waste of time and resources. Kids are smart enough and quick learners.

28 24.78%
  • Cannot decide.

1 0.88%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex Education in India : Whats the importance : Yes or No ???

at the very outset, my humble apologies to anil for including his name in the list of anti-sex education supporters, which i did deliberately, cos concurring to some one's views w/o substantiation [:p] can put you in bad light. i knew for sure that a person of your stature cannot be a testimony to such a lame and sleepy reasoning. []

secondly, while appreciating every one's point of you I am glad to see that the topic out here is worth discussing as seen by the participation by many worthy members. a special thanks to dev sir, for his very sensible thoughts, as I request other senior members to share there view, cos their participation and experience on the subject can put the things in better perspective. (ooops is that my format of writing... i guess it is !!! [] as i transcend further towards the prakashit state of mind [:D]

@ rupendera, since you have quoted me, i'm obliged to answer you, but i guess anil has very explicitly answered to your queries. I now request you to give sense to the challenge that you have accepted.

++++++++
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@ topic... let me clarify my stand, before i proceed any further... if you read my 1st post carefully, you'll realize that i've only mentioned about SEX EDUCATION, which as per me can come from father to son, mother to daughter, or combination of both. It can also come from preachers to pupils, teachers in school through proper lessons or from any other appropriate source. (we can surely discuss the sources) i never said that this should be made compulsory in schools as a separate entity, where-in you forget all other educational subjects and curriculum and keep your focus only and only on SEX EDUCATION. i guess, this would help many out here, to come out of the euphoria of the very word "SEX EDUCATION". i have observed that the people have a prejudice regarding sex education and feels that sex education is a way of enticing or encouraging young children in to having a sexual relationship. In fact it is necessary for young children aged 11 and above to know about the biological aspect of sex and understand the human physiological body. (more on this later)

shweta has very rightly said that...
    "All subjects somewhere requires a human touch to be taught and so is the case with this !" and so is my stand on the subject, as addressed above. anil says that there (may or) may not be a lot to study on the subject and few lessons per week could serve the purpose. I too, would safely agree to his point of view. dev sir has very rightly said that... "Girls in particular need more inputs as lot gets at stake in their case....atleast till today." this forces me to request the female members to come out of their inhibitions and share their worthy views.

The big question now comes is whether to impart this education to our youngsters or not. If yes, then how and at what stage, if not then why not ? its implications and other associated issues. we can surely discuss this to be implemented in schools or not. however i would request the members to put forth their viewpoints as to how this should be imparted. i would also welcome other suggestions, that have skipped my attention and are worthy to be discussed. the idea of talking about kaamsutra, opening maternity wards in school is totally absurd and shows hollow mindset.

looking at the complexity of the topic, i request all the members not to drag the issue out of proportion, and show some sense and restraint while commenting. (me saying these words :D)

p.s. : as per my views, it would be appreciated if a precedence is established for a member to reply, if he has been quoted and the question is prudent. members may have different views on this but i observed that at times the person feels neglected and stupid, when his reasoning is not answered.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    kar lyo human touch kun naate se:rock,,,,khulwao school padhao ke padhauoge,,,,itni cheej is site ke upar share karo so pher Sex Education ke upar batan mein ke dikkat aawai se,,,,main to kahu su ke padhao khoob padhao,,,,nyu to dekhna chaahun se ne ke Sex Education mein tam ke padhaoge

un to rukke maran laag jya ke honi chahiye ar honi chaahiye,,,jab kah di ke shuru karo pher bilakh ge:rock

School kyukar band ho jyaange,,,,school aapni jagah se,,,,moral values un mein bhi padhaayi jaa se,,,,,,vo to explain karan aale ar samjhan aale ke upar se,,,,,history mein to bi aadmi kaam ki baat seekhe se,,,,jinhen comparision karana aave se ve khoob kare sei,...

Isse Sex Education ke paachhe pad rhe so to pher Jatland mein padhaan te ke dar laage se,,,,karo shuru ,,,,,,ye bahaane baaji to koyi kar lyo

suggestion to futile laagegi,,,,,dhore kuchh daana paani ho na jab e to education start karte:rock aap jaise gyaani-dhyaani insaan ek baar shuruat to karo na,,,,,,,school mein to aapne aap timle bal jyaange
    chalo school me balak pad bhi aaye ya siksha . par asli samsya
    to jab paida hogi jab balak school se ghar aakar pdos main iska
    home work karne lag jayenge . isliye hay bhaiyo rahan do ya siksha

SEX, is a three letter word, as JAR or MUG or TUB or WEB or JAT... And at the end of the day what matters is what I do with it.... Yes... I should know what does sex mean really, though the dictionary describes it as :

1. Activities associated with sexual intercourse
    2. All of the feelings resulting from the urge to gratify sexual impulses

If I don't know what is the function of a JAR or a MUG, I would use a jar to drink beer and a mug to fill peanuts... and if I dont know about sex, I am sure all of us know what will I do with differents parts associated with it....

Sex education does not concern a PRACTICAL as demanded by some or a homework with padosis...... It concerns with practices which are LEGAL, NATURAL, CLEAN and free of hassles....

yes... I was not taught of it when I was a kid... and I did suffer for this.... had there been no Mastrams... Thanks due to MASTRAM, who had told me beforehand what is the difference between an anal intercourse and a natural intercourse.... I would have had a nightmare with my first intimate encounter with a lady had I not been reading the SASTA SAHITYA which as per our culture should not be read....

Now.. Sasta Shaitya is banned in our culture and there is no source of information for people living in villages (of course some of my dear friends enjoy the luxury of the WEB) however had they not been knowing what is WEB, I am sure they would have doomed the computers with using different commands to launch a browser......

I lived in a village, which was pretty far from any city and adolscents used to enjoy their growing up seasons (pupic hairs and menstrual cycles) with examining each other......

This is not what I expect from a civilized county of tomorrow...... I expect people to know everything GOOD about this act which brings forward the humanity.. had there been no sex, I woukd have not been here writing all this ****.... something so very important to humanity should not be kept in dark...

I vote FOR sex education.......
    But I do nothing upon Myself, and yet I am mine own executioner!!!!!

bahut mushkil hai jo padhaingai un kai liyai jo padhaingai un kai liyai or jin kai bachai Ghar ja kai puchaingai un sab kai liyai abhi india kai kuch state ki janta sex edu kai liyai tayar nahi hai time lagaiga honi chahiyai lakin time lagaiga abhi

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by shobhitdeshwal View Post
    I vote FOR sex education.......

Believe me mate , it was a treat to read your post , and people might take the words in your post , but i look for ideologies! Thanks for coming out with such a post!

I still cannot forget the inclusion-exclusion principles , and remember somewhere Neelam saying that using the word like "sex" again and again does not mean that you are open minded. I agree. But not using them at all and indicating in dark with words like "home- work " , "padosi" etc also does not amke any sense to me!

I can clearly see two groups emerging , with one shy enough not to use frank words but at the same only seeing the negative aspect of things and the other one which is more frank and is dwelling on the positive effects.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post

Believe me mate , it was a treat to read your post , and people might take the words in your post , but i look for ideologies! Thanks for coming out with such a post!

I still cannot forget the inclusion-exclusion principles , and remember somewhere Neelam saying that using the word like "sex" again and again does not mean that you are open minded. I agree. But not using them at all and indicating in dark with words like "home- work " , "padosi" etc also does not amke any sense to me!

I can clearly see two groups emerging , with one shy enough not to use frank words but at the same only seeing the negative aspect of things and the other one which is more frank and is dwelling on the positive effects.

No one is at fault. This all depends how you are brought u. It's your suroundings which mtters and make you to think that way. Anywy, carry on.

I guess a course in class 11th or 12th is good enough , there ain't a HELL lot to teach i beleive as Jit said , people are smart enough! :rolleyes:
    I don't know, more than half of the total kids dropout before that in India. In some parts of the country - UP, bihar etc., they are married by 11th 12th class and taking practical exams by skipping viva voce.
    I think our country needs education as a priority to begin with --- if it has sex-education - all the better.
    But then you might ask yourself --- what should be the content matter for it?
    I think it should be directed more toward birth-control and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.
    The act of sex comes naturally - well mostly !! - most people know what to do with their parts - take that with a grain of salt!
    Even if they include sex-education, I donot expect our prudish teachers to do a decent job teaching it. Sex education ke time koi bachcha hans diya to... usko murga bana denge - I think thats a sex position in kamasutra.

there r three ways to educate i can think of:

1. giving them reading material
    2. teaching in the class like other subjects
    3. just solving the queries of students

in our school we used to ask or write on a piece of paper (without our names) and our teacher used to explain it in a very professional way without overusing terms like' pe**s' 'Ve**a'

As i wrote in my previous post which was deleted , it wasnt of much help as we were in yr 11 and most of the people already know every thing by then.

but i will suggest distributing reading material is the best way. tell them about STD's , hygine , conterceptives. lot of people have an impression that sex education is about teaching sex.

90percent of people oppose sex education because they dont know what they actually teach in it.

And ye i should tell it lay great emphasis on phychologial part of youngsters. especially girls.
    My way or my way ?

People want SEX or they want EDUCATION….;)

I am confused actually why we people discussing so much about the things which were already covered at the school level.why there is again a question in including sex education in the syllabus if there is already(I know about the convent schools)

If we discuss about the sex then the funda is totally based on the Natural INSTINCT of Human being…
    Learned Concept(Non-Instinctive)- Day is safe (“good”) but night is dangerous (“bad”)..this is the right way to behave in order to survive but that is the wrong way to behave in order to survive..etc.Persons know instinctively that there is a heaven and a hell.but is actually a learned (non-instinctive) concept.

While certain instincts drive are different from the other.Sex drive is normal or Natural Instinct. Remember the first people on earth …ADAM and EVE(or take any of the first two human beings of opposite sex on earth)….no one told or teach them about any sex education….but they came across as opposite sex always attracts each other as this is the natural instinct.No one can SPOON FEED u in this. Apart from the basic things, the only help one can get it here to explore more as there are n number of sources available.

I totally agree that SEX education can help in preventing the diseases like HIV/AIDS and many more.
    People believe that it will help in controlling the risk of overpopulation. I don’t think so as people can have an eye in and around ur place, even the educated people who has enough knowledge they are not doing any family planning or smthing. The reason is everyone is running behind the baby as a boy..cauz people still have a belief that there should be someone to continue their family values in future. This is the mentality level of the human, there is nothing that they don’t have proper sex knowledge, that’s why they keep on giving births until they get a baby boy.

We are covering enough education regading how the different parts of the body works at our school level(9th or 10th standard,subject:Biology). I know about convent schools that the enough education is provided at school level. And yes if the particular person is really vey interested to explore more knowledge about the subject then he/she always welcome to gain knowledge by meeting the teacher in personnal or through internet if that’s available. I mean the same thing people generally do with other subjects too when they want to explore more.

Here the Q what really matter is how we can provide the sex education to the rural areas where there is no source of such education not even in schools. Here also in some cases media is providing the information to some respect in form of Advertisements through TV or Newspapers.

And also if we want to go in details regarding SEX education in the early school days before 12th standard…then don’t think so it’s a good idea..as it can create bad impact on the indian culture.I don’t want to be in the race of Americans or Europeans where they have had enough knowledge in the early days of their schools or the education transmitted thru society or parents….that they start practising sex in their early school days not even they have passed their college level. Smooching each other on the road side ..blah blah stuffs. Do you want this in INDIA, do anyone want to be so free that they can do French kiss and etc. on road. As these are all inter related things so everything will be impacted if we want to bring SEX education in detail in our early school days.

As there is a time for Everything. when the right time comes people will come to know by theirselves.
    But the Focus should be how to provide sex education in villages where there is no source or in schools where not even the basic knowledge about the parts of the body and the different diseases caused by sex stuff.

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara View Post
    I don't know, more than half of the total kids dropout before that in India. In some parts of the country - UP, bihar etc., they are married by 11th 12th class and taking practical exams by skipping viva voce.
    I think our country needs education as a priority to begin with --- if it has sex-education - all the better.
    But then you might ask yourself --- what should be the content matter for it?
    I think it should be directed more toward birth-control and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases.
    The act of sex comes naturally - well mostly !! - most people know what to do with their parts - take that with a grain of salt!
    Even if they include sex-education, I donot expect our prudish teachers to do a decent job teaching it. Sex education ke time koi bachcha hans diya to... usko murga bana denge - I think thats a sex position in kamasutra.
    Happy to see some real implementation hurdles being put on the board. Appreciate that !

Quote Originally Posted by sumitteotia View Post
    I am confused actually why we people discussing so much about the things which were already covered at the school level.why there is again a question in including sex education in the syllabus if there is already(I know about the convent schools)

If we discuss about the sex then the funda is totally based on the Natural INSTINCT of Human being…
    Learned Concept(Non-Instinctive)- Day is safe (“good”) but night is dangerous (“bad”)..this is the right way to behave in order to survive but that is the wrong way to behave in order to survive..etc.Persons know instinctively that there is a heaven and a hell.but is actually a learned (non-instinctive) concept.

While certain instincts drive are different from the other.Sex drive is normal or Natural Instinct. Remember the first people on earth …ADAM and EVE(or take any of the first two human beings of opposite sex on earth)….no one told or teach them about any sex education….but they came across as opposite sex always attracts each other as this is the natural instinct.No one can SPOON FEED u in this. Apart from the basic things, the only help one can get it here to explore more as there are n number of sources available.
    Sumit , you really escaped yourself by adding that you are "confused". I find that hilarious by yourself or by any one else the notion that SEX Education meand teaching sex and Kamasutra! Come on people , no body can deny the fact this is one thing which comes naturally. We only wish to focus on things that can prevent bad practises and for that you can refer to other posts of mine!

and regarding your points of affecting culture , road side kissing , etc , e tc , I dont think if at all that would be a bye product in 10 years from now , you can with conviction attribute to the SEX education even if it is implemented. Indians staying abroad who see this daily dont do it , so all the more reason to believe that this would not happen.

And for all the people who are not understanding ( apart from those who do not wish to understand ) , here is the crux of all this , succintly put forward by G Dhillon:"" 90percent of people oppose sex education because they dont know what they actually teach in it. ""

Sumit , you really escaped yourself by adding that you are "confused". I find that hilarious by yourself or by any one else the notion that SEX Education meand teaching sex and Kamasutra! Come on people , no body can deny the fact this is one thing which comes naturally. We only wish to focus on things that can prevent bad practises and for that you can refer to other posts of mine!
    Dear Anil .
    i havnt escaped from the state being confused...i just expressed that i dont believe why people are escalating this issue which is being discussed from years....as people are aware....that they are getting enough education in schools about sex(different parts of the body, diseases like HIV/AIDS)....then what people need more ...do someone want to include hw to practise safe sex...do anyone want to have a demonstration or practicals in the schools...

and regarding your points of affecting culture , road side kissing , etc , e tc , I dont think if at all that would be a bye product in 10 years from now ,
    Not at all if we indians follow our cultural values we are never going to do those things(smooching not kissing..big difference and other stuffs) in open..not even after 100 yrs from now.....

you can with conviction attribute to the SEX education even if it is implemented. Indians staying abroad who see this daily dont do it , so all the more reason to believe that this would not happen.
    they dont do it as they are born and brought up in our culture ..got good education from their grand parents or superiors..

And for all the people who are not understanding ( apart from those who do not wish to understand ) , here is the crux of all this , succintly put forward by G Dhillon:"" 90percent of people oppose sex education because they dont know what they actually teach in it. ""
    there are no people who do not wish to understand....the only thing is where 90 percent of the population wants to limit the SEX EDUCATION..they dont want to put a ban on it...just to be sure that the limited education should be provided to the childerens so that there should not be any impact on the indian cultures ..and after they can explore themselves...

Let me throw some light on some of the questions arises when we r talking abt sex education.

->>>>>What sex education means?

In simple words, sex education means "preparing a child for an active sexual life before that child actually involve in it".
    Isn't that a proper definition of education? Don't we teach a pilot before asking to fly? Don't we teach an engineer before sending to a workshop?

->>>>>Why sex education is needed?

We learn talking, we learn walking. We try to get good education before coming to perform jobs.We don't let someone do our minor household jobs without knowing it. But surprise we ask people to go for sexual life without knowing it at all. We act like it doesn't even exist. We expect people know it by themselves. How?

->>>>>Is proper sex-education against India Culture? Does it harm Indian Culture?

This excuse is given again and again, whenever there is a talk about Sex and Sexual behaviour.
    How educations harm something?
    To my understanding, if properly knowing something harms and eradicates some old myths; then myth should go, not the facts and education.
    Do I need to remind that we wrote Kamasutra? What is that book other than Sex-Education?
    How do we define Indian-Culture? This topic can take long discussion itself.

Well, that’s my personal view, agree or not to agree is up to the individuals. But the bottom line is; knowing something, which we are bound to get into, is logical, beneficial, and good for individuals and society.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

I guess guys vouching for Sex education are missing a point here even though it has been clearly said by the so-called 90% opposers in earlier posts..No body is denying the importance of Sex education..the point of disagreement is that at what stage the detailed education is needed. The level of education you guys are proposing viz. safe sex, ways to prevent aids, family planning techniques, etc. is needed for mature adults or people planning to marry. You can open education centers for such people wherever you want.

I still don't understand on what basis some of you are proposing the higher level of sex education at school level. Every education has its own time & stage. You don't teach nuclear physics to a 11th class student. He won't be ready for it however intelligent he may be. Similarly, for S..(tired of repeating this word!!!!) education, teach only what is relevant for school kids. Some of the members said that syllabus would cover details about physiological and biological difference of both genders - isn't that already there in our science books of 9th & 10th? What more detailed knowledge do you want to give to school children? In US and other so-called developed countries, this education has become a necessity where every 2nd teenager loses his/her virginity before high school..pls don't let our children and country reach that stage. Its strange, that western countries are trying to learn our good things while we are inculcating their bad things in our society. Be broad-minded and not gross-minded!! Believe me there are much better things in world to teach at schools. Let schools be schools not centers for condom vending and illustrated books of S**.
    What if God was one of us...?

Quote Originally Posted by pnauhwar21 View Post
    I guess guys vouching for Sex education are missing a point here even though it has been clearly said by the so-called 90% opposers in earlier posts..No body is denying the importance of Sex education..the point of disagreement is that at what stage the detailed education is needed. The level of education you guys are proposing viz. safe sex, ways to prevent aids, family planning techniques, etc. is needed for mature adults or people planning to marry. You can open education centers for such people wherever you want.

I still don't understand on what basis some of you are proposing the higher level of sex education at school level. Every education has its own time & stage. You don't teach nuclear physics to a 11th class student. He won't be ready for it however intelligent he may be. Similarly, for S..(tired of repeating this word!!!!) education, teach only what is relevant for school kids. Some of the members said that syllabus would cover details about physiological and biological difference of both genders - isn't that already there in our science books of 9th & 10th? What more detailed knowledge do you want to give to school children? In US and other so-called developed countries, this education has become a necessity where every 2nd teenager loses his/her virginity before high school..pls don't let our children and country reach that stage. Its strange, that western countries are trying to learn our good things while we are inculcating their bad things in our society. Be broad-minded and not gross-minded!! Believe me there are much better things in world to teach at schools. Let schools be schools not centers for condom vending and illustrated books of S**.
    dear prashant,

to me it seems tht you still haven't come out of the euphoria of the very word "sex education"... yr abstinence from the usage of this word is still reflected in yr previous post wch is reminiscent of the typical mindset that has been explained by me in the title post.

since the topic is touching so many issues at the same time, i wud like to concentrate on one particular aspect... i strongly contradict on yr underlined views and your subsequent thoughts, where-in you are suggesting that the necessity of sex education is more for mature adults and not for youngsters. i have touched on this issue in my earlier posts as i feel tht we all are too shy to talk about it to our younger generation. our media is flooded with images which definitely give rise to curious questions... tell me, are we not being hypocrites ? what signal are we sending to the younger generation ? in spite of the rise in the number of abortions in adolescents and reports about pre-marital sex happening, we still turn a blind eye towards it, all under the guise of the so called "indian culture" or its too early or for that matter the youngsters will learn about it at the right time/age.

we have to keep in mind that ignorance and sex are a deadly combination. by avoiding to talk about it, we are in fact leaving them with no option but to discover about it by way of experimentation.
    it still such a taboo to talk about the subject that many a time parents are shocked to know that their own kid, whom they thought is still too young has already started that experimentation. i do agree that this line of thought of having this education at early stage can have serious implications, but so is also true if it is imparted at a later stage or if the youngsters are kept oblivious about it. for yr information every youngster of right age knows where is/are vending machines, hence yr idea of having it in schools or not makes no sense to me.

i know, you have very strong reasons to be firm on your stand, but again i feel that we should have some common consensus as to what should be the right age? as said by sid, there are a lot of drop-out cases in schools or youngsters getting married at an early age by the time they reach 11th/12th. in my opinion, a bit of education has to be imparted at a very early stage. here the parents can play a very important role... however, upto what level can again be another related issue worth discussing.

sumit did present his point of view very nicely. looking at the complexity of the subject, i am also convinced to a certain extent and i do appreciate his grounds.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

So very true!!
    This is one big turn-off... that majority of us fake it in the name of our so-called "Indian culture".

P.S.: Good point made.
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    tell me, are we not being hypocrites ? in spite of the rise in the number of abortions in adolescents and reports about pre-marital sex happening, we still turn a blind eye towards it, all under the guise of the so called "indian culture".

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnauhwar21 View Post
    You can open education centers for such people wherever you want.

By making it such a difficult thing to talk about , what we end up doing is to make people sho damna shy about it that they will never visit these centres , because of the "fear of being laughed at " by the so called 90% opposers.

And trust me , the kind of content that go on our daily TV shows is no good for the preservation of our so called "indian-culture".

As they half knowledge is dangerous ! I hope you get my point!

Login to view details.
    ...just to be sure that the limited education should be provided to the childerens so that there should not be any impact on the indian cultures ..and after they can explore themselves...
    Well lets put it succintly in a couple of points:

1) I am not proposing to have two batchmates of opposite sex perform the practicals in front of the group or to make couples and then let them have fun and teach at the same time. ( Please bear for a bit of harshness ).

2) I studied in public schools , only paased out in 2002 , I did not know enough. Either i was dumb or there was not enough taught , you can conclude for yourselves!

Well lets put it succintly in a couple of points:

1) I am not proposing to have two batchmates of opposite sex perform the practicals in front of the group or to make couples and then let them have fun and teach at the same time. ( Please bear for a bit of harshness ).

Ha ha ha Anil bhai ... tumne yo SEX te kati bichla liya ... it is really nice to read both side views. Good contribution friends from both sides.

Just to share that Arya Samaji's also oppose this. Any Arya Samaji have any good points in this regard will help. I have also shared this in some other thread few months back where Acharya Baldev ji have opposed it openly and said that this is a sajish of westernisation of our teaching practices.

Thumbs down Well written but not well said …..

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    we are Indians
    we live in the great land of bharat, the land of kaamsutra.
    hamare yahan SEX nahin hota.
    b
    acche to bhagwan ke "gift" hote hain.
    w
    e marry and in a year god blesses us with kids - preferably a son.
    p
    arents don't have SEX. so why should the children learn about it?
    w
    hy should we pollute our children's minds with this nonsense?
    w
    e drove the british out of the country 60 years ago. angrez are papis.
    t
    hey corrupt our women and tell them to study, think independtly, demand respect and equality ! oops !!!

we want the white skin of the angrez. we will spend thousands on creams to become "gori or gora".
    we want "gori mems" in bikinis dancing with repulsive-looking boys/men/asses in our pop and filmi videos and pay them more than what our desi dancers earn.
    w
    e want to copy their music, films (DVD's zindabad), their clothes and "yo mans !!!" :D
    w
    e want their food and will make fun of those who eat curd rice, idlis and chapattis.
    w
    e will ape their accents and will fall over each other in welcoming "phoren" return relatives for toblerone chocolates and wine.

BUT SEX??? HOW DARE U !!!

we will turn off the TV or change the channel if an AIDS or a condom ad airs. jab india mein SEX nahin hota to AIDS kahan se aata?
    we will gherao schools and demand chapters on specific organ systems to be deleted. we will punish children who raise their voices against abuse.
    arre, how can uncle rape you? you are bad ! rape cannot happen because... INDIANS DON'T HAVE SEX !
    w
    e will keep our children in the dark so that they stumble while trying to escape the darkness and hurt themselves. it is the vulgar west that made our children to search for light.
    w
    e will allow female foeticide/infanticide, sex-trafficking/cruelty and dowry deaths. they are part of our culture.

SEX EDUCATION... IT IS DIRTY.

i was appalled to learn frm many worthy members at JL tht... SEX is all around, it comes naturally, kids are self-learners. its waste of money and resources, or it’s a sort of showing open-mindedness or showing off etc etc.
    Ignorance is BLISS, at least for our politicians nd many JATlanders here. jahaan bachhe paida karne ho, wahan ham hindustani sab se aage hein, and when we talk of sex education, all these members are displaying their head-in-the-sand mindset on the issue of sex education, or lack thereof.

knowledge is blasphemy !!! asatyameva Jayate !!!... tht seems to be the mantra here at JATland, as was observed in the other thread on JL that has now been closed for right reasons. i'm reviving this thread since i feel a lot needs to be discussed here. i stay in a country where every 2nd person whom I shake hands is HIV +ve and can feel the importance of SEX EDUCATION. (please note tht when i say every 2nd person, i mean the blacks not the whites).

pls share yr views, as to what you feel about it. i have given an idea as to what i feel about it. more will follow from my side in other posts.

Dear Brahaam (illusion):p…sorry for being late…u identified India as a land of kamasutra but you forgot to mention the land of vedaas too. Still I m not able to understand what people here want to gift children through sex education…the Soft replies from learned people seem that they want to give sex training instead of sex education.., a person who is called the teacher philosopher ,,guru who gives the right direction to the children by telling him the meaning of nation, culture, heritage is not supposed to give the lesson of arousal…are children supposed to keep packs of contraceptives and rubber balloons* in their geometry boxes in the name of sex class materials.?

I m not saying that its bad or dirty…. but do children get basic and proper education here? Its like gifting hungry people a dinner set … it’s a mockery in real sense…

prevention is better than cure my bro.dont teach them how to cure,, teach them how to prevent ..Stopping the children from lightning the fire , people here want them to learn how to save yourself from the burning and if burnt how to apply burnol… give the children a strong character and good morals that they don’t dip their beaks in the red light areas except teaching them how to have a safe sex…
    cm on guys don’t be fussy about the thing .it’s a natural process don’t make it larger than life .don’t forget that the results of interference of man with nature are really drastic...

Some people here say that sex education will help in preventing the HIV…people who want to prevent the HIV should launch a campaign for truck drivers who are the main source of transmission of HIV in India

…………………………………………..
    A public school is not the right place to throw light on such a issue.. comfort level of female teachers and girls should also be considered. .sex is a quite normal and natural thing, parents should take an initiative to teach their children about good ,bad ,and ugly perspectives of sex… there is no age for sex education…the growth of every child is different…people here who are in favor of sex education and are really impressed by western countries by having it shouldn’t mind if children here in India start loosing the virginity at the age of 14..
    Being a two finger typist I m not able to flow an ocean of ink…thodey mein jyada samjho….:rolleyes:
    Last edited by downtoearth; November 3rd, 2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: forgot to mention the quote
    I dont have personality,i am mere statistics.I used to be "downtoearth". Now this is my present name. Do i possess a name, a face ,an individuality ?:rolleyes:

Dear Anil .
    i havnt escaped from the state being confused...i just expressed that i dont believe why people are escalating this issue which is being discussed from years....as people are aware....that they are getting enough education in schools about sex(different parts of the body, diseases like HIV/AIDS)....then what people need more ...do someone want to include hw to practise safe sex...do anyone want to have a demonstration or practicals in the schools...

Not at all if we indians follow our cultural values we are never going to do those things(smooching not kissing..big difference and other stuffs) in open..not even after 100 yrs from now.....
    Dont be overconfident dude. I can show you such kinda movies(in real) right away

they dont do it as they are born and brought up in our culture ..got good education from their grand parents or superiors..
    If that is our education that it doent qualify for being good. West has their own culture and that's not inferior at all.
    Last edited by dkumars; November 3rd, 2008 at 09:11 PM.