View Poll Results: Sex Education in India, what’s the importance ::: Poll - Yes or No ???

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it must be given through a well drafted curriculum in schools or through parents.

84 74.34%
  • No, it's waste of time and resources. Kids are smart enough and quick learners.

28 24.78%
  • Cannot decide.

1 0.88%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex Education in India : Whats the importance : Yes or No ???

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    cool off Neelam , just dont be word picker !

of course Sid is talking about the sex education and not sex, it is just his short and witty style which is making you believe the wrong way!
    I'm quite cool dear....jahan gussa aaya tha wahan expression dikha diya

(and felt very great after seeing that another girl didn't made any stand to explain my philosophy/theory/nature as you did here by telling me a little about his short and witty style)

For others (just to avoid future arguments on words), its a request...please take the important topic in the most appropriate manner rather than this short that a single word creates the difference as I don't know every individual's psychology/ philosophy/ nature.

Thanks n Regards
    Neelam

I havent been following the thread and i think same people are writing again and again.

so what have we decided? we should have it or not? wat does majority believes?

people who have been following please suggest
    My way or my way ?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by gaganjat View Post
    I havent been following the thread and i think same people are writing again and again.

so what have we decided? we should have it or not? wat does majority believes?

people who have been following please suggest
    As per my consent, I feel it should be there for the sake of betterment of healthy development of thoughts and moral, values and sense in its greater meaning.

But, as per the discussion is moving around, it seems its better to be left upto couple's responsibility. If their child passes through all the different phases with a clean character they will be the most luckiest and will always feel that they taught every simple thing in its best manner, otherwise other children's parents will keep blaming the change taking place. So, as per this, either the change must be stopped to bring back that pure and innocent character, or just wait to see whether you are the lucky couple or the change is bad.

Though I haven't arrived at the conclusion at what stage it should be transpired, in what manner, to what group, at what place, with what methods and the like things.....all the most important kind. But, I've reached at the point where I can find many options as per individual's choice.

Over to some other person. I expressed my views (these also important to discuss, helpful enough to arrive at some good option)

smart girllllll ! i agree ! if somebody doesnt agree , they can write a line and prove the point , they might be right, something we havent thought of.

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    As per my consent, I feel it should be there for the sake of betterment of healthy development of thoughts and moral, values and sense in its greater meaning.

But, as per the discussion is moving around, it seems its better to be left upto couple's responsibility. If their child passes through all the different phases with a clean character they will be the most luckiest and will always feel that they taught every simple thing in its best manner, otherwise other children's parents will keep blaming the change taking place. So, as per this, either the change must be stopped to bring back that pure and innocent character, or just wait to see whether you are the lucky couple or the change is bad.

Though I haven't arrived at the conclusion at what stage it should be transpired, in what manner, to what group, at what place, with what methods and the like things.....all the most important kind. But, I've reached at the point where I can find many options as per individual's choice.

Over to some other person. I expressed my views (these also important to discuss, helpful enough to arrive at some good option)
    My way or my way ?

Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    Fine, from various discussions, it seems we have lot of educated and knowlegdeable member of this field on Jatland, so why not start teaching this *Sex Education* on this website itself.
    Charity begins at home and Jatland is like an online home for Jats on internet. So please take initiative and spread awareness on this subject *Sex Education* on Jatland. Otherwise no point beating around the bushes:rock
    kar lyo human touch kun naate se:rock,,,,khulwao school padhao ke padhauoge,,,,itni cheej is site ke upar share karo so pher Sex Education ke upar batan mein ke dikkat aawai se,,,,main to kahu su ke padhao khoob padhao,,,,nyu to dekhna chaahun se ne ke Sex Education mein tam ke padhaoge un to rukke maran laag jya ke honi chahiye ar honi chaahiye,,,jab kah di ke shuru karo pher bilakh ge:rock
    What challenge no challenge to your knowledge, thats why i said please take the initiative and start imparting Sex Education if you want to name so. Please start go ahead most welcome.:rock
    Raja to kati nahi su,,,,,lekin aankh meench ke kise ke paachhe bi bhaajan ki adat konya,,,,,isaa laage se ib tain paachhe haanji haanji karan aale dekhe the
    Whether we name it as Sex Education, Moral Science or Naitik Shiksha, it looks more of a fight on calling it by Sex Education.
    its all about explaining things in right manner be it parents or be it teachers,,,,,,,
    it seems that sachin has hit the bull's eye by saying "its all about explaining things in right manner, be it parents or be it teachers". its nice to see ppl converging on thoughts. i'm sure sachin has now got the fair enough idea as to what the discussion called for ! as such can i take the liberty of requesting mr. sachin to throw some light on "naitik shiksha" which in my opinion goes hand in hand with sex education. i'm confident he has a lot to share about on "naitik shiksha"
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

I feel Brahm sir has introduced this topic at wrong place.....outcome is on the way with such sick psychologies
    Sabse sharm ki baat to tab hoti hai…jab girls of my age make the fun of this topic.

I was asked by one of my Sir to write an article on the same for the magazine and it was submitted to him then whereas other girls were writing jokes, stories, philosophies, poetry, etc. When other girls came to know about it then their expression was…..hmmm (with raised eyebrows)….Neelam hi likh sakti hai itna daring….now I just wonder ki logon ki limited soch kab badlegi….aisi soch rakhne waale to sex education ko galat hi maanenge. All so rubbish.
    if you google "Sex Education in India, Whats the importance?" you'll hit the 1st answer in replies which is this thread on JATland... so neelam, you are treading on a subject where it require real guts, courage and strong conviction, even to speak a single word... pro or con ! yr own above reasoning answers my explanation. you'll appreciate that you are addressing this issue not only to JATlanders, but millions of readers worldwide. i salute yr sense of reasoning and conviction. i've observed a very personal touch in every post of yours, be it on any subject, same is true with me... people may have different opinion on this, but i guess it identifies a different perception and a different individuality all-together... CARRY ON !!! ALWAYS !!! (if necessary take my signatures)

being the curator of this thread, i am obliged to answer each and every queries, if not answered by other participating members. i feel, its imperative for every member who initiates a thread to maintain the necessary sanity and keep the participants engaged in healthy discussion (i've often time seen that most members take a callous approach and run away from originating questions... more often then not, that includes senior members as well) siddhartha chhikara has its own unique style of addressing the issue. there is a very thin line between the sense of humor and sarcasm, not many can appreciate that thin line. his posts (what i've observed) has a deep sense of sarcasm and hidden humor, hence often times found controversial. i refer his 1st post as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by sidchhikara
    "Even if they include sex-education, I donot expect our prudish teachers to do a decent job teaching it. Sex education ke time koi bachcha hans diya to... usko murga bana denge - I think thats a sex position in kamasutra".
    i can also recall "blue line hitting kaanwariyaas" on another thread, which sparked a helluva controversy. i guess other part of the explanation is aptly given by anil above (thanks anil). no comments from me on ensuing altercation(s), however i must confess that you both are very senior and responsible members of JL and yr existence and participation is well appreciated by every member.

and lastly, i dont think for a person of yr stature need words like:

(and felt very great after seeing that another girl didn't made any stand to explain my philosophy/theory/nature as you did here by telling me a little about his short and witty style)

to address the issue and your stand.

pls await my reply to yr post # 66 which i'll be addressing later... time constraints !!! cos right now i'm going through the trauma of being a forced bachelor. :D
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; November 18th, 2008 at 04:41 PM.

Bhai tewatia,,,,I dont follow parochial approach on such subjects,,,,,,,,If you go through this thread or the other one which was closed by Mods,,,,I have conveyed my points very clearly,,,,,,

aur ghoom-phir baat vahin par aayi jo maine shuru se kahna jaari kiya thaa,,,,,,no more comments from my side,,,,am happy that people have understood it to an extent,,,,,,,,na bi understand karre koye to bi ke farak padde se:D

Naitik Shiksha is a very broad term and involves n number of practical problems, issues, conducts and list is endless,,,,,and throwing some light will not do justice to the subject

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    it seems that sachin has hit the bull's eye by saying "its all about explaining things in right manner, be it parents or be it teachers". its nice to see ppl converging on thoughts. i'm sure sachin has now got the fair enough idea as to what the discussion called for ! as such can i take the liberty of requesting mr. sachin to throw some light on "naitik shiksha" which in my opinion goes hand in hand with sex education. i'm confident he has a lot to share about on "naitik shiksha"
    Last edited by sachinb; November 18th, 2008 at 03:08 PM.

Naitik Shiksha is a very broad term and involves n number of practical problems, issues, conducts and list is endless,,,,,and throwing some light will not do justice to the subject
    so is true with sex-education... its the perspective tht matters !

Wink billi lyaan ki bhi jarurat konya

@ rupendera (also prashant)
    would say that "if there are rats in the house then having a cat can be one of the most prudent options, if not the only one"... hope you'll surely agree on this.

shayar ne khoob kaha hai...""" halat sey lad na sakey to halat se samjhota kar liya.....""""

guys have made up their minds that if there are rats in the house then there is no need to catch them ....rats are human friendly...:p:p:p:p:p
    I dont have personality,i am mere statistics.I used to be "downtoearth". Now this is my present name. Do i possess a name, a face ,an individuality ?:rolleyes:

Lightbulb Sex Education in India, what’s the importance ::: Poll - Yes or No ???

"Yon Shiksha"... Bhartiya parivesh mein !

Do you feel the necessity and importance of imparting "Sex Education" among Indian youngsters?

Be it through carefully selected curriculum in schools or through parents or through some other appropriate means. I have observed that people have a prejudice regarding sex education and feels that sex education is a way of enticing or encouraging young children in to having a sexual relationship. In fact it is necessary for young children aged 11 and above to know about the biological aspect of sex and understand the human physiological body and behaviour.

What’s your opinion?

If Yes… then:

1). At what age Group/Class should it be started?
    2). How to deal with initial discomfort/shyness/hesitation among Indian youngsters?
    3). How can we implement and make "Sex Education" effective and meaningful in our existing education system?
    4). Do you think that in Indian society this introduction would disturb focus on other subjects?
    5). Other implications and associated issues.

If No… then please elaborate through your valid reasons.

p.s. : please don’t post or comment on this thread, since it is only a poll and would be merged with another thread running on the same subject.

Poll on sex education

i thought it to be necessary to incorporate a poll on the subject. please follow the poll... i guess there should be a conclusion on the outcome of the subject. mods are requested to merge the threads.

Lightbulb

To be frank am not following this thread but I found a interesting news that will boost the morals of ones who advocating this Sex Education for sure !!

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-12377,00.html

Should't the supporters inspire from this news and form a party like it ?? :p
    Last edited by cooljat; November 19th, 2008 at 05:11 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Yes, it must be given through a well drafted curriculum in schools or through parents.
    No, it's waste of time and resources. Kids are smart enough and quick learners.

Bhai ye apni wordings ke bajae je sirf Yes/No likh dete to bada aacha raheta. Here I wish to put "No" but I still dont agree to what you have written for its explanation. Kids are not smart enough for this subject but there is still no need to teach them about sex so early.

I go by Nauhwar and Rupi's points of respecting our traditional approach. Rather we can create environment for them not to get deviated by applying some restrictions on Media including tv, cinemas, newspapers etc. and also by changing curriculum to include moral education to make them more studies/games focussed.

There is no limit to it when we talk about sex education. I heard news yesterday that in UK they will provide injections to girls in schools so that they cant get pregnant.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hot-spots.html

So today we are demanding of sex education. After some years we will demand the same for girls in India. So till what level we will go?

Wo kahya karein ek Bookh, sex aur neend ne jitna badha lyo utna hi badhega .... its only remedy is to control our mind at last. Teach children to focus rather than to teach them what they can do better if they loose focus.

Though a bit off-topic

few years back I usually think that "Shaking Hands" we have learnt from these Goras. Also once I got fungal infection from a friend who had skin infection in his hands.

Then I thought that how good is our Indian tradition of "Hath jod kar Namaste" or "Hath utha kar Ram Ram". It gives:

1) Namrta as person fold his hands for others. So it brings somewhere politeness in a person.
    2) Second it was hygenic as there was no hand contact with other person.

Now we have ran so much that even if a person is meeting us in office or outside twice-thrice a day then we Shake Hands.

But When I see these people Goras, from where we took this GOOD HABIT of theirs .... they only Say "HI, Hello" from a distance to a daily visitor. They dont SHAKE HANDS too eagerly as we Indians do. These people shake hands only in meetings or when a person is meeting after so long.

And now I watched one of programs in which they are building some public opinion by telling them that in UK every 1 in 3 have germs carrying in their hands as they dont wash hands after toilet. So

1) It is necessary to wash hands after toilet.
    2) There will be further more reduction in shaking hands. And they will greet by saying HI.

Same was with France .... they used to kiss on your cheeks .... but it has been reduced drastically.

Means these people are leaving their bad habits. And we Indians are grabbing them and implementing them with grace and proud with a feeling of high stature.

Swabhiman .... kahin na kahin THESH kha chuka hai hum bhartiyo ka. Aur shayad yahi karan hai ki iss tarah ki pahel ho rahi hein. Bajae ki iske ki apne purane aache tareeko ko dhoodha jae aur parkha/apnaya jae.

Bhram g ur vote is still pending pls vote its ur right :D
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Just want to add this word in second option

No, it's waste of time and resources. INDIAN Kids are smart enough and quick learners.

Hope here we'll get modern version of kamasutra, thanks to all learned JLers.

YES, sex-education will definitely help in preventing AIDS... are you aware that more then 50 per cent of AIDS victims all over the world, including india, belong to the age group of 15 to 24.

Quote Originally Posted by nishantrathi82 View Post
    Some more facts-

In India, about 86 percent of HIV infections occur through sexual intercourse, one key reason being that migrant workers in cities visit prostitutes and infect their wives when they return home.

An India Today poll revealed one in four Indian women between 18 and 30 in 11 cities had sex before marriage. One in three said she was open to having a sexual relationship even if she was not in love.

Last year, India became the country with the highest number of HIV-positive people, with an estimated 5.7 million cases.

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    No, it's waste of time and resources. INDIAN Kids are smart enough and quick learners.

Hope here we'll get modern version of kamasutra, thanks to all learned JLers.
    Rajiv g i think u have not read the thread properly because above quoted facts didn't convince me that Indian Kids r smart enough and this is kind of mistake which u can't take as a lesson for future if u had made a mistake its over for you.
    Plant one tree atleast

Absolutely correct! I am not interested in this topic- for me its very old topic- from childhood I am seeing people are involved in this discussion and still its going on(hiv is new in it). I have given my vote.

According to google - most popular search keyword on google is sex for indians. So people are doing a lot of self study/research. Its better if govt./social org could provide elementary education to all.

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    Absolutely correct! I am not interested in this topic- for me its very old topic- from childhood I am seeing people are involved in this discussion and still its going on(hiv is new in it). I have given my vote.

According to google - most popular search keyword on google is sex for indians. So people are doing a lot of self study/research. Its better if govt./social org could provide elementary education to all.

U r not intresed in topic but still put the post here in the discussion.:p
    About the google people go there for seaching solution of the problems they faced so its the problem my dear. And i consider the Sex education is as important as like basic education its directly related to the life of the person.
    Plant one tree atleast