View Poll Results: Sex Education in India, what’s the importance ::: Poll - Yes or No ???

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it must be given through a well drafted curriculum in schools or through parents.

84 74.34%
  • No, it's waste of time and resources. Kids are smart enough and quick learners.

28 24.78%
  • Cannot decide.

1 0.88%
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex Education in India : Whats the importance : Yes or No ???

Lightbulb Sex Education in India : Whats the importance : Yes or No ???

we are Indians
    we live in the great land of bharat, the land of kaamsutra.
    hamare yahan SEX nahin hota.
    b
    acche to bhagwan ke "gift" hote hain.
    w
    e marry and in a year god blesses us with kids - preferably a son.
    p
    arents don't have SEX. so why should the children learn about it?
    w
    hy should we pollute our children's minds with this nonsense?
    w
    e drove the british out of the country 60 years ago. angrez are papis.
    t
    hey corrupt our women and tell them to study, think independtly, demand respect and equality ! oops !!!

we want the white skin of the angrez. we will spend thousands on creams to become "gori or gora".
    we want "gori mems" in bikinis dancing with repulsive-looking boys/men/asses in our pop and filmi videos and pay them more than what our desi dancers earn.
    w
    e want to copy their music, films (DVD's zindabad), their clothes and "yo mans !!!" :D
    w
    e want their food and will make fun of those who eat curd rice, idlis and chapattis.
    w
    e will ape their accents and will fall over each other in welcoming "phoren" return relatives for toblerone chocolates and wine.

BUT SEX??? HOW DARE U !!!

we will turn off the TV or change the channel if an AIDS or a condom ad airs. jab india mein SEX nahin hota to AIDS kahan se aata?
    we will gherao schools and demand chapters on specific organ systems to be deleted. we will punish children who raise their voices against abuse.
    arre, how can uncle rape you? you are bad ! rape cannot happen because... INDIANS DON'T HAVE SEX !
    w
    e will keep our children in the dark so that they stumble while trying to escape the darkness and hurt themselves. it is the vulgar west that made our children to search for light.
    w
    e will allow female foeticide/infanticide, sex-trafficking/cruelty and dowry deaths. they are part of our culture.

SEX EDUCATION... IT IS DIRTY. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i was appalled to learn frm many worthy members at JL tht... SEX is all around, it comes naturally, kids are self-learners. its waste of money and resources, or it’s a sort of showing open-mindedness or showing off etc etc.
    Ignorance is BLISS, at least for our politicians nd many JATlanders here. jahaan bachhe paida karne ho, wahan ham hindustani sab se aage hein, and when we talk of sex education, all these members are displaying their head-in-the-sand mindset on the issue of sex education, or lack thereof.

knowledge is blasphemy !!! asatyameva Jayate !!!... tht seems to be the mantra here at JATland, as was observed in the other thread on JL that has now been closed for right reasons. i'm reviving this thread since i feel a lot needs to be discussed here. i stay in a country where every 2nd person whom I shake hands is HIV +ve and can feel the importance of SEX EDUCATION. (please note tht when i say every 2nd person, i mean the blacks not the whites).

pls share yr views, as to what you feel about it. i have given an idea as to what i feel about it. more will follow from my side in other posts.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; October 31st, 2008 at 11:38 AM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Brahm ji indeed a very important topic. and the way you described it, I guess everyone can understand.

I still remember when I was in my ninth class our principal decided to give this knowledge only to girls. She kicked all of us (Boys) out of the class and taught only girls about it. I never understood why she never give us this knowledge. But after reading your post I understood exactly why.....

I guess its very important and why, we can look at the population of India as an example. "Bache to Bhagwaan ki den hai. Hum kya kar sakte hai."
    दीपक धनखड़
    Journey (Long or short) starts with a single step.

Whether we name it as Sex Education, Moral Science or Naitik Shiksha, it looks more of a fight on calling it by Sex Education.

Since people are insisting and more attached to calling it Sex Education, no problem in that case and lets call it *Sex Education*.:rock

Fine, from various discussions, it seems we have lot of educated and knowlegdeable member of this field on Jatland, so why not start teaching this *Sex Education* on this website itself.

There is a separate forum under the name Medical, so please someone take the lead who thinks that he/she can impart this valuable knowledge atleast to the member of this site.

Otherwise we will keep creating new threads and moderators will keep on closing them after some time because of no contribution made.

Charity begins at home and Jatland is like an online home for Jats on internet. So please take initiative and spread awareness on this subject *Sex Education* on Jatland. Otherwise no point beating around the bushes:rocknahi to pher sarkaar ki baat mein bethe rahiyo

Starting Sex Education on this site will make things more clear for both who were against(with reasons) it and for those who were in favor of it(with reasons too)

let me throw an open challenge to all worthy members to come and prove their point when they say: :rolleyes:
    v
    v
    v
    Quote Originally Posted by arvind 1069
    but if sex education means teaching kamasutra, then it should not b taught to the young people.
    Quote Originally Posted by downtoearth
    then schools shouldnt mind having maternity wards in the compound in future...
    Quote Originally Posted by cooljat
    As for ur this very question, I think there is no need for sex education since today's kids themselves are so intelligent & self learners !! And above all TV/Cable/Internet are best teachers who give gyaan whatever they curious about ... :p
    Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd
    I guess a course in class 11th or 12th is good enough , there ain't a lot to teach i beleive as Jit said , people are smart enough! :rolleyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitteotia View Post
    spoon feeding!!!...hadh hain

do Spoon feeding required in every course of life....kuch toh apne aap bhi seekhne do logon ko.........
    and in todays world...people r smart enough to gain knowledge abt safe sex education from n number of sources...
    Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    Vaise aajkal ye bhi ek fashion sa ban gaya hai ki Sex Education ke upar apni consent dikhaa do and you will be labled as very broad minded and educated person,,,

Rest things like understanding person of opposite sex etc, these require more of moral values, inter personal relations with human beings rather than sex education focusing on opposite sex only, and if some one say that explaining moral values for better understanding between male/females should be named as Sex Education, i dont think justice is done.
    theek kahi bhai ne,,,,,,thode din paachhe log nyu kahan laag jyaange ke yu to Science subject se Practical bhi hone Chahiye:rock.
    Last edited by Samarkadian; November 3rd, 2008 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Charity begins at home and Jatland is like an online home for Jats on internet. So please take initiative and spread awareness on this subject *Sex Education* on Jatland. Otherwise no point beating around the bushes:rocknahi to pher sarkaar ki baat mein bethe rahiyo

Starting Sex Education on this site will make things more clear for both who were against(with reasons) it and for those who were in favor of it(with reasons too)
    Should we close all schools because every information is available on the Internet? :rolleyes:

This suggestion of yours is futile. All subjects somewhere requires a human touch to be taught and so is the case with this !

Thumbs up

For the time being, my contribution on this thread would just be a repetition of your post. Probably, I would have used the same word pattern. Very nicely put!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post

BUT SEX??? HOW DARE U !!!
    we will keep our children in the dark so that they stumble while trying to escape the darkness and hurt themselves. it is the vulgar west that made our children to search for light.
    w
    e will allow female foeticide/infanticide, sex-trafficking/cruelty and dowry deaths. they are part of our culture.

SEX EDUCATION... IT IS DIRTY. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i was appalled to learn frm many worthy members at JL tht... SEX is all around, it comes naturally, kids are self-learners. its waste of money and resources, or it’s a sort of showing open-mindedness or showing off etc etc.
    Ignorance is BLISS, at least for our politicians nd many JATlanders here. jahaan bachhe paida karne ho, wahan ham hindustani sab se aage hein, and when we talk of sex education, all these members are displaying their head-in-the-sand mindset on the issue of sex education, or lack thereof.

knowledge is blasphemy !!! asatyameva Jayate !!!... tht seems to be the mantra here at JATland, as was observed in the other thread on JL that has now been closed for right reasons. i'm reviving this thread since i feel a lot needs to be discussed here. i stay in a country where every 2nd person whom I shake hands is HIV +ve and can feel the importance of SEX EDUCATION. (please note tht when i say every 2nd person, i mean the blacks not the whites).

pls share yr views, as to what you feel about it. i have given an idea as to what i feel about it. more will follow from my side in other posts.

kar lyo human touch kun naate se:rock,,,,khulwao school padhao ke padhauoge,,,,itni cheej is site ke upar share karo so pher Sex Education ke upar batan mein ke dikkat aawai se,,,,main to kahu su ke padhao khoob padhao,,,,nyu to dekhna chaahun se ne ke Sex Education mein tam ke padhaoge

un to rukke maran laag jya ke honi chahiye ar honi chaahiye,,,jab kah di ke shuru karo pher bilakh ge:rock

School kyukar band ho jyaange,,,,school aapni jagah se,,,,moral values un mein bhi padhaayi jaa se,,,,,,vo to explain karan aale ar samjhan aale ke upar se,,,,,history mein to bi aadmi kaam ki baat seekhe se,,,,jinhen comparision karana aave se ve khoob kare sei,...

Isse Sex Education ke paachhe pad rhe so to pher Jatland mein padhaan te ke dar laage se,,,,karo shuru ,,,,,,ye bahaane baaji to koyi kar lyo

suggestion to futile laagegi,,,,,dhore kuchh daana paani ho na jab e to education start karte:rock aap jaise gyaani-dhyaani insaan ek baar shuruat to karo na,,,,,,,school mein to aapne aap timle bal jyaange

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadhaka View Post
    Should we close all schools because every information is available on the Internet? :rolleyes:

This suggestion of yours is futile. All subjects somewhere requires a human touch to be taught and so is the case with this !
    Last edited by sachinb; October 31st, 2008 at 03:47 PM.

What challenge no challenge to your knowledge, thats why i said please take the initiative and start imparting Sex Education if you want to name so. Please start go ahead most welcome.:rock

There are people who require knowledge of Kamasutra also, but what if some one wants to follow the path of sainthood, if some one wants to become a sage, a sanyaasi, a brahmachaari and an ascetic.

You go and read the books of Satyarth Parkash and understand what are different Maithyuns which are forbiden if some one wants to become a true brahmchaari, these are not 2-3 types of Maithyuns they are more than 8. What will happen if you start teaching Kam-sutra to everybody.

What i have been saying is that you people are restricting the scope of Naitik Sheeksha by just focussing on Sex Education. These things can not be genralized and can be done on need basis only.

let me throw an open challenge to all worthy members to cum and prove their point when they say: :rolleyes:
    v
    v
    v

........,itni cheej is site ke upar share karo so pher Sex Education ke upar batan mein ke dikkat aawai se,,,,main to kahu su ke padhao khoob padhao,,,,nyu to dekhna chaahun se ne ke Sex Education mein tam ke padhaoge
    I didnt knew ki hamne Coefficient of Beta, Regression Analysis, Z- Test, Theory of Relativity etc bhi yaha discuss ki hui hain :rolleyes: kyonki aapke hisaab se hum to lagbhag sab kuch iss site pe share karte hain :thappad

Have we ever discussed about how to kick sick people out of the site first

to fer tum iske peeche hi kyo pade ho, baaki cheezo se shuru karte hue ispe pahunchenge. aap yaha ke raaja to ho nahi ki aapne kaha ye to hum shuru ki lo ji ye :thappad.... hamari marji jo discuss karna chahe kare na kare..... you are none to give directions !

There are people who require knowledge of Kamasutra also, but what if some one wants to follow the path of sainthood, if some one wants to become a sage, a sanyaasi, a brahmachaari and an ascetic.

Kamasutra and sex education are nowhere same or similar terms or issues!
    We teach mathematics, english, science etc to every student. What if some one wants to be a painter ? Then as per your opinion he should never be taught English !

Gosh ! Brahm ji that is it ! This was the reason that people advocated that we are still far away ........ Its a pity to see the pathetic mental status of many a people and it seems that talking about imporatnce of that hushy bushy term is worse than blowing a trumpet before a buffaloe

Raja to kati nahi su,,,,,lekin aankh meench ke kise ke paachhe bi bhaajan ki adat konya,,,,,isaa laage se ib tain paachhe haanji haanji karan aale dekhe the

If we have not then for sure we should discuss not only how to kick sick people out of site but also how to identify sick people

I conveyed my point that internet is an important tool in todays world and please use it for imparting the so called sex education, then whats your problem, it was not a personal attack, if you have some thing to communicate you do so with strong conviction who stops you, same way if i have some point i will do so thats it and so simple:rock

jo manne kahana tha kah diya,,,,no more comments from my side,,,,kahan ki baat saari kah di hain:rock

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadhaka View Post
    I didnt knew ki hamne Coefficient of Beta, Regression Analysis, Z- Test, Theory of Relativity etc bhi yaha discuss ki hui hain :rolleyes: kyonki aapke hisaab se hum to lagbhag sab kuch iss site pe share karte hain :thappad

Have we ever discussed about how to kick sick people out of the site first

to fer tum iske peeche hi kyo pade ho, baaki cheezo se shuru karte hue ispe pahunchenge. aap yaha ke raaja to ho nahi ki aapne kaha ye to hum shuru ki lo ji ye :thappad.... hamari marji jo discuss karna chahe kare na kare..... you are none to give directions !
    Last edited by sachinb; October 31st, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    let me throw an open challenge to all worthy members to cum and prove their point when they say: :rolleyes:
    v
    v
    v

Was quite strange you put me in the list as well!

Anyways , i did not say that it SHOULD NOT BE TAUGHT.

What i said was that in class 11th or 12th , one course is fine enough! One course , lets say even if you have one class a week , you can easily get 40 hours for this. That is no mean less time!

Okie , if you insist , i can add a word to my previous post.

Modified, it looks like thisaddition in RED)

I guess a course in class 11th or 12th is good enough , there ain't a HELL lot to teach i beleive as Jit said , people are smart enough! :rolleyes:

hope that is helpy!

Login to view details.
    Sachin , your idea of a informative thread on JL about Sex Education is nice and people must look into it seriously but the way you are trying to put forth your point ain't constructive by any stretch of imagination!

Ofcourse statement like these do not help!

un to rukke maran laag jya ke honi chahiye ar honi chaahiye,,,jab kah di ke shuru karo pher bilakh ge

Next , I second Shweta's point on leaving it to individual to d ecide what he wants to do. I did not read any single course of finance in my graduation and post graduation and here i am sitting in an investment management firm. What to do is individual's choice , Just knowing Kamasutra cannot disallow a person to become a saint! Dont quote books here , use common sense on this!

What will happen if you start teaching Kam-sutra to everybody.

What i have been saying is that you people are restricting the scope of Naitik Sheeksha by just focussing on Sex Education. These things can not be genralized and can be done on need basis only.
    And you answer for yourself! I guess the need basis optionality should be for exclusion and not inclusion.

As someone has already mentioned , Sex education is not teaching Kamasutra , it is about a lot of things to prevent the spread of myths , rumours , harmful , uncurable disease and much more!

A couple of years back I read an article in HT ( main section , no gossiping ) , that about 70 % women in India are having forced sex at some point of time or the other , If i chop the value to straight half assuming the analysis was wrong to this big extent , 3 5 % or even 5 % is a big number , I am sure , SEX EDUCATION can cater to these kind of problems as well and will do more social good than wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    A couple of years back I read an article in HT ( main section , no gossiping ) , that about 70 % women in India are having forced sex at some point of time or the other , If i chop the value to straight half assuming the analysis was wrong to this big extent , 3 5 % or even 5 % is a big number , I am sure , SEX EDUCATION can cater to these kind of problems as well and will do more social good than wrong!
    But often people on the other side of the story i.e. who are responsible for such crimes on 70% or as you said may be 5% of the women will never want them to come out of it !

when same thing is conveyed in haryanvi,,,,,thodi si cheees faaltu ho se,,,,aur manne isa kuchh na likh raakhya,,,,,haryanvi mein to haryanvi aala andaaj challega,,,,

i am not forcing any thing here and neither its practical or feasible to force some thing on others especially when you are on net,,,,,

what i meant was that rather than creating threads if people think it right then why dont they come ahead and start teaching,,,,,ek thread chaalu kardyo ke hona chahiye ya nahi,,,uske upar pher rola,,,arre bhai itni badhiya baat hai to shuru kar dyo,,,isme dikkat ke se,,,,

what other points you have mentioned i will not comment, what i wanted to convey i have already conveyed,,,,khodan ne to ib mein kitna e khod lyun

dusri baat bhai sahab ye hai ki kisi ki ji-hajuri ki adat to hai nahi,,,,shayad yahi andaaj mera kisi ko akhar gaya hoga,,,,,,,,,har aadmi ka apna apna tarika ho se,,,aur bhai sahab koye manne pathetic mental state aala kahave to vaa uski marji uski soch,,,,mera to kuchh ghista nahi

ib jis ne jo aachha laaga vo likhye jaao,,,,,mauj lyo sab

Sachin , your idea of a informative thread on JL about Sex Education is nice and people must look into it seriously but the way you are trying to put forth your point ain't constructive by any stretch of imagination!

Ofcourse statement like these do not help!

Next , I second Shweta's point on leaving it to individual to d ecide what he wants to do. I did not read any single course of finance in my graduation and post graduation and here i am sitting in an investment management firm. What to do is individual's choice , Just knowing Kamasutra cannot disallow a person to become a saint! Dont quote books here , use common sense on this!

And you answer for yourself! I guess the need basis optionality should be for exclusion and not inclusion.

As someone has already mentioned , Sex education is not teaching Kamasutra , it is about a lot of things to prevent the spread of myths , rumours , harmful , uncurable disease and much more!

Last edited by sachinb; October 31st, 2008 at 05:17 PM.

challenge accepted

v
    v
    v
    tewatia bhai....some questions before i start this debate .....

1 >> about the syllabus of this so called s** education ? have u got the copy?

2 >> what should be the proper age ?

3>> what about the education system ? ( teachers , labs , viva , examiner) ?

4 >> when this so called education should be removed?
    Last edited by downtoearth; November 1st, 2008 at 09:15 AM.
    I dont have personality,i am mere statistics.I used to be "downtoearth". Now this is my present name. Do i possess a name, a face ,an individuality ?:rolleyes:

There are certain things in our society like this one....SEX EDUCATION which is considered silly and dirty.To keep it under rap is no solution because whole damn world is curious about something concealed and only discussed and practiced close door.Very difficult to say whether our forefathers were right or wrong in calling this unique attribute a silly thing....may be their experience suggested that it be kept a guarded secret till adulthood.

Let not the curiosity kill the cat is my take.Of course todays's generation(at least educated) have options available in shape of internet etc to get detailed information as to what this thing all about and can update themselves without getting embarrassed but the real problem lies in most of the cases where net is not with in reach there by living the curiosity lurking with in.....Specially in villages.SEX is a natural biological instinct so far as the reproductive requirement is concerned but real danger lies in not knowing the inherent dangers associated with unprotected sex before marriage...leading to stigmas,AID,social disgrace etc specially in case of GIRLS who become the real victims of such innocent but consequential episodes on regular basis.

So much can be written on this important topic but i will restrict myself keeping in mind the diverse sentiments of worthy members on this very important yet very controversial issue. As per me right time for this kind of education is from 9th to 12th.....which should be undertaken through a well thought of lesson plan under the guidance of a mature and dignified teacher.Lessons can be made interesting giving them a suitable shape of a story with morals attached.Girls in particular need more inputs as lot gets at stake in their case....at least till today.

Rest if time permits please.............
    Last edited by devdahiya; November 1st, 2008 at 08:16 PM.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by downtoearth View Post
    tewatia bhai....some questions before i start this debate .....

1 >> about the syllabus of this so called s** education ? have u got the copy?

2 >> what should be the proper age ?

3>> what about the education system ? ( teachers , labs , viva , examiner) ?

4 >> when this so called education should removed?
    Hi Rupender , let me take a stab at this one. Indirectly Dev Ji has very succintly anwsered your questions in his above post.

But I am a fan of a pointwise approach , let me try and reproduce:

1) The syllabus covers at least the basic edcuation of the different human body parts , their proper understanding , functioning , dispelling the common myths. It should also include safe practices , knowledge of the results of the bad practises.

2) Proper age to me is class 11th.

3) I am pretty sure every biological teacher should be able to do this. I remember my biology teacher doing a bit of the same in class 9th and she was very young , she did have a hard time , but she did well!

I am not so sure about any practical compnent in here other than simple models , animation , videos , audios etc.

4) There aint a case of removal , as i said earlier , it should be good enough for a 1 course in one class , that should basically cover it all!

And about your question of "have you got the copy ?" , let me quote Brahm:
    !!! until we begin...hv patience...remember "rome was not built in a day"... !!! brahm p. tewatia !!!

As far as I remember, our science books already have chapters on human reproductive systems where we did get knowledge about both genders. Not sure why & what else the proponents of Sex Education want to tell students of 9th & 12th..Do you want students to focus on their career paths and plans after school or want them to know about which brand of condoms to use for safer sex? We already have so many MMS cases where some school children are already engaging in these activities now-a-days thanks to internet which has opened a plathora of knowledge. By telling every student about safe sex, ways to avoid AIDS, best way to do S*..etc, you are only going to add the knowledge on a topic which is not required at that stage & age else students would be willing to try safe sex. At the most, Sex education should be available only to people planning to get married and are legally adults.

Totally agree with Sachin's views, his points are being taken in a different context. If you still believe in this education, please do mention the topics you would like teachers to cover and why do you think it needs to be done at school level. This will help in understanding your viewpoint better.
    What if God was one of us...?

Thumbs up

Absolutely correct. Sex education in school is more of sexual awareness. Point 1 in Anil's post is precisely what Sex Education in school is and should be all about.

Implementation:
    In some schools boys and girls have separate and different (pls understand the difference between separate and different) classes/sessions which I believe is the right way given the early adoption of this concept. This prevents the embarrassment of female students (mostly) that generally arises irrespective of how modern or open-minded one is.

Now these boys and girls would go back home (their respective
    ) and very well share some fraction of their learning with their siblings especially the younger ones. This would have its limitations like an elder sister would prefer talking to her younger sister and an elder brother would prefer talking to his younger brother. And, that is absolutely fine. The reverse is even more beneficial. A boy/girl goes back home and discusses it with his/her respective elder brother/sister. How-so-ever minimal information is shared actually spreads the awareness.

The long-term impact is wonderful. In future, we (as parents) would be more comfortable imparting this knowledge to our children at whatever appropriate age we consider. This is something that is missing in most of the so-called 'modern' families even today.

Things would evolve with time though.

P.S.: It is needed.

1) The syllabus covers at least the basic edcuation of the different human body parts , their proper understanding , functioning , dispelling the common myths. It should also include safe practices , knowledge of the results of the bad practises.

I am not so sure about any practical compnent in here other than simple models , animation , videos , audios etc.
    Last edited by sumitsehrawat; November 1st, 2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Post Script added...