Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: History Discussions- do we need a two tier system

Dr RP Singh,
    You are renowned Jat historian, I have read some of your books. Please join yahoo jat history group if you haven't already, you will find lot of relevant material and Ravi ji is also more active there. Here on Jatland he comes occasionally, I think.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JatHistory/

Regards
    Krishan

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Hello Ravi Chaudhary,
    For the past few weeks I have been going through the contents of the Jat History and have developed a liking for it. Therefore I decided to devote some more time to scan what is available on this site and have joined the forum.

You are absolutely right that the Jat History needs in depth research supported by references and it should be constructed on the basis of solely original sources because every one knows that 'invented history' has no legs to stand on in view of the explosion of the Information technology. So no one should grudge against moderation of ones views and even findings. you and your forum are doing commendable job in the service of history of India as such because it needs many gaps to be filled in before it could be called history of all Indians. Please keep it up.
    sincerely
    Dr. Raj Pal Singh
    Last edited by deshi-jat; December 1st, 2011 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deshi-jat View Post
    Dr RP Singh,
    You are renowned Jat historian, I have read some of your books. Please join yahoo jat history group if you haven't already, you will find lot of relevant material and Ravi ji is also more active there. Here on Jatland he comes occasionally, I think.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JatHistory/

Regards
    Krishan

Thanks brother for the nice words. I happened to see your post just now. I will follow the link in due course of time.

Regards.

My views have evolved.

I do not support a two tier system.

Those wishing to have a separate section, may be better off having a separate discussion group for themselves on their own website.- where the 'serious' scholars can participate.

The history section here is for everyone, to participate in , and to put their views forward, without fear of how learned or not they are perceived to be.

The depth of a person's knowledge on this section gets exposed quite quickly, usually by the same members who would not qualify to be part of the 'knowledgable elitist' group, capable of divining history.

Besides , we have a separate group.

It is called the yahoo Jathistory group. Link below.

If that does not suit, the ' serious scholars', they can always start another discussion group of their own. Google has a groups feature and it is free, like yahoo. They can even make their messages private, not viewable by the general proletariat and plebians.

This site/section here is for the proletariat.

Ravi Chaudhary

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ravichaudhary For This Useful Post:

DrRajpalSingh (April 26th, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by ravichaudhary View Post
    My views have evolved.

I do not support a two tier system.

Those wishing to have a separate section, may be better off having a separate discussion group for themselves on their own website.- where the 'serious' scholars can participate.

The history section here is for everyone, to participate in , and to put their views forward, without fear of how learned or not they are perceived to be.

The depth of a person's knowledge on this section gets exposed quite quickly, usually by the same members who would not qualify to be part of the 'knowledgable elitist' group, capable of divining history.

Besides , we have a separate group.

It is called the yahoo Jathistory group. Link below.

If that does not suit, the ' serious scholars', they can always start another discussion group of their own. Google has a groups feature and it is free, like yahoo. They can even make their messages private, not viewable by the general proletariat and plebians.

This site/section here is for the proletariat.

Ravi Chaudhary
    Respected Raviji,

Hope you are fine. Your absence from the site is painful for us; so, kindly start your valuable posts as and when you could !

Thanks and regards,
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.