View Poll Results: IS fake id a solid reason to make u banned permanently from jatland.com

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES they should be banned permanently from jatland

42 87.50%
  • NO they should not be banned permanently from jatland

6 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: IS fake id a solid reason to make you banned permanently

Quote Originally Posted by ygulia View Post
    I do not know now who will be axed or banned or to get rid of everything this thread will be locked.
    Good luck guys.

Gulia sir there are too many members who have fake id or names and too many people know them but they are still using the same account so what we want is to banned them as earlier also we did with the members ......

sir if we wont do the same than more members login through fake accounts ......yeh i know we cant trace every 1 that he or she is real or not but after knowing about the person u have to ban ......
    whether he or she reacting gud or not ..this shows that we wont ban you cause you are gud with your behavior ............

so sir why we banned the earlier members and they feel sorry for the same in front of every 1 here on jatland .....i have some examples

Think which become obvious in future

Quote Originally Posted by vivekgathwala View Post
    Gulia sir there are too many members who have fake id or names and too many people know them but they are still using the same account so what we want is to banned them as earlier also we did with the members ......

sir if we wont do the same than more members login through fake accounts ......yeh i know we cant trace every 1 that he or she is real or not but after knowing about the person u have to ban ......
    whether he or she reacting gud or not ..this shows that we wont ban you cause you are gud with your behavior ............

so sir why we banned the earlier members and they feel sorry for the same in front of every 1 here on jatland .....i have some examples
    I appreciate your concern and fully agree with you but.......................this site is administered by persons who do not care for principles.
    Yoginder Gulia

Last edited by ritu; December 18th, 2008 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Maybe they have a nickname by which they would like to be known or maybe they are known by a nickname in the real world and they would rather be known by their full chosen name;
    Or perhaps they are miscreants here only to tease lady members or otherwise insult others.
    Bagh, I didn't read any post except than yours. Look, its not wrong being paranoid about privacy. You type in any JL member's name (for better results use full name and which is a wee bit unique) on google it will bring out posts and suppose your employer or prospective employer is mucking around with net he can have a look at all your posts which I wouldn't want to happen with myself, not sure about others though.
    To protect privacy you can choose a different login name and different screen name.
    arr bhai jibb koi fake hai to kyu moderator bana rakha/rakhi hai? chor mantree waali baat hogi yaa to.
    To curb this fake identity I suggest, with every new user signing up, he/she has to bring at least 2 referrals who are already JL members. Now these members can vouch for the identity for the new signed up member.
    I hope that makes sense.

Fake name Vs Real name - What a fuss !!

First of all, I have never seen a forums website where they stress on members to put forth their real names.

It should be a choice left to be exercised only by the enrolling member. And bringing in referrals from other JL members won't serve any purpose. Most of the members know each other virtually. If I tell you , I am Tom Hanks, you will have to believe me. And then, I am registered as Tom Hanks here. Moreover, if the person turns out to be a foul play, then your credibility is also questioned.

I believe, people (specially women) who don't feel comfortable, should always conceal their identities. If there are, bad memories go away with the fake name, but good memories can be cherised in any way. And I do not understand, keeping a fake name solves what purpose, apart from the one depicted above ? Those who are miscreants, will always remain the same, even with their real names here.

If some moderator himself/herself has a fake ID, let it be. Just make sure that the duties assigned are not hampered. But yes, one thing is not good, banning other people on the basis of fake IDs. Others should also be exempted from this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    Bagh, I didn't read any post except than yours. Look, its not wrong being paranoid about privacy. You type in any JL member's name (for better results use full name and which is a wee bit unique) on google it will bring out posts and suppose your employer or prospective employer is mucking around with net he can have a look at all your posts which I wouldn't want to happen with myself, not sure about others though.
    To protect privacy you can choose a different login name and different screen name.
    arr bhai jibb koi fake hai to kyu moderator bana rakha/rakhi hai? chor mantree waali baat hogi yaa to.
    To curb this fake identity I suggest, with every new user signing up, he/she has to bring at least 2 referrals who are already JL members. Now these members can vouch for the identity for the new signed up member.
    I hope that makes sense.

so from now on fake ids should be allowed here.:eek:
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevnandal View Post
    First of all, I have never seen a forums website where they stress on members to put forth their real names.

It should be a choice left to be exercised only by the enrolling member. And bringing in referrals from other JL members won't serve any purpose. Most of the members know each other virtually. If I tell you , I am Tom Hanks, you will have to believe me. And then, I am registered as Tom Hanks here. Moreover, if the person turns out to be a foul play, then your credibility is also questioned.

I believe, people (specially women) who don't feel comfortable, should always conceal their identities. If there are, bad memories go away with the fake name, but good memories can be cherised in any way. And I do not understand, keeping a fake name solves what purpose, apart from the one depicted above ? Those who are miscreants, will always remain the same, even with their real names here.

If some moderator himself/herself has a fake ID, let it be. Just make sure that the duties assigned are not hampered. But yes, one thing is not good, banning other people on the basis of fake IDs. Others should also be exempted from this rule.
    " If the loser keeps his smile........
    Then the winner will loose the thrill of the victory.......
    Attitude make the difference......"

yeah pannu that should be the way.....to give membership
    I hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevnandal View Post

Strange dear that didn't find anything wrong in using fake names or ID's so u might have defend the using of fake passports , fake DL with fake names and about people who don't feel comfortable or safe in using their real names and they had a bad exp. why they still keep using net why don't they stop using it. Beleive me dear if u r using fake ID mind it u don't have good intensions. And still alteast they should not accept the Mods post.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

I hope that makes sense.

pannu,wot if the person doesnt know nybdy at jatland and want to b a member??? i mean its nt necessary that every real member:p has come thru reference of ny existing jatlander.
    there are so many people who just type jat word at google page in search f ny site dedicated to jats:o bechare!
    There is no harm as long as the person is not creating any foul environment
    "Every Man alone is sincere.At the entrance of second person hypocrisy begins"

Thoughts differ !

Nishant, I believe, what identity your official documents portray in front of people, you can not run away from it. That is THE identity. But, trust me, no one is going to ask you a question about your passport, DL if your name is SUNDU CHAHAL on Jatland.

And yes, this is the personal opinion. Different people will differ in thoughts here.

Quote Originally Posted by nishantrathi82 View Post
    Strange dear that didn't find anything wrong in using fake names or ID's so u might have defend the using of fake passports , fake DL with fake names and about people who don't feel comfortable or safe in using their real names and they had a bad exp. why they still keep using net why don't they stop using it. Beleive me dear if u r using fake ID mind it u don't have good intensions. And still alteast they should not accept the Mods post.
    Last edited by arunkhokher; December 18th, 2008 at 11:22 AM. Reason: huh !

Hi everyone,
    People choose to put a name other than their own for a myriad of reasons. I can think of a few even though I am sure that there are a lot more:
    They are paranoid about privacy;
    Maybe they have a nickname by which they would like to be known or maybe they are known by a nickname in the real world and they would rather be known by their full chosen name;
    Or perhaps they are miscreants here only to tease lady members or otherwise insult others. It is this last form that we consider as a fake id. These are the people who create a foul environment here and are not welcome at this site! We actively monitor people making duplicate accounts and prevent them from doing so since a large number of them are making a second account just for this purpose.

I am certain that everyone of our members will agree with me that the moderators of this site cannot go in each and every members house to check their Raashan card and ensure that the name that they gave in their Jatland profile is indeed their real name, even though we would like them to do so. The reality is that no matter how much we try, we can't prevent a "Gaurav" to give his name as "Saurav".
    Perfect!! No Issues in the above said.

Lastly, some concerns have been raised about a moderator having a fake id. The moderator has been doing a fantastic job in what his job is i.e. Moderation! They have also provided a satisfactory reason on why their is some discrepancy. We will NOT be making any moderator changes for this reason alone. If someone finds a problem with their actions, feel free to drop us a line through the "Contact us" link or through PM, email links.
    -Satyeshwar
    Fantastic Job doesn't mean that the person(Moderator/Member) is allowed to break the RULES.
    If the person is providing a Satisfactory reason, that means that they are allowed to use fake ID's in Future also. So How come one assume the same thing not to be repeated by other members of the JATLAND.

Obviously if we are not stopping this right this time, then unfortunately we are suppporting such activities on this site.

\Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by arunkhokher View Post
    Nishant, I believe, what identity your official documents portray in front of people, you can not run away from it. That is THE identity. But, trust me, no one is going to ask you a question about your passport, DL if your name is SUNDU CHAHAL on Jatland.

And yes, this is the personal opinion. Different people will differ in thoughts here.

Mr. Mohit Kindly justify me the use of Fake Id, yes this is personal opinion but when u came to know that the particular person is Fake he should get banned immediately and if he is mod its really bad it doesn't leave good impression on other members it will 100 encourage the practise of using fake Id's. And any thing which is fake can never be consider as good.
    Plant one tree atleast

Many people want to come here to take participate in fruitful discussion but they dont want to be in frame due to some personal or any other reason. But fake name use as your real is not accpeted in any society and any system. I read many times in news papers... "Kalpinic naam' Why shouldnot indicate here like ABC (not real).

Quote Originally Posted by sumitteotia View Post

Fantastic Job doesn't mean that the person(Moderator/Member) is allowed to break the RULES.
    If the person is providing a Satisfactory reason, that means that they are allowed to use fake ID's in Future also. So How come one assume the same thing not to be repeated by other members of the JATLAND.

Obviously if we are not stopping this right this time, then unfortunately we are suppporting such activities on this site.

\Sumit

Hi Sumit,
    There is no rule being broken here. The moderator is not using the name given to them at birth, that's all. They did NOT create another id which is what we are against. Most of my close friends at Jatland know me by the name Bagh, while others know me as Satyeshwar. That doesn't mean I am using a fake id. Same is the case here!
    As I had mentioned in my previous post, we can't stop people from giving a different name than their own even though we would like them to give them not to do so. What is a problem is when they make two or more IDs. There is no need of this, and past experiences have proved that such stuff is only done for nefarious activities.
    If someone's still not understanding, let me know, I can repeat this all over again.
    -Satyeshwar

Quote Originally Posted by sumitteotia View Post

\Sumit
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Hi Sumit,
    There is no rule being broken here. The moderator is not using the name given to them at birth, that's all. They did NOT create another id which is what we are against.
    Is this rule has been followed from starting or its been modified because some Mod name is the air this time?

Most of my close friends at Jatland know me by the name Bagh, while others know me as Satyeshwar. That doesn't mean I am using a fake id. Same is the case here!
    Agree but i can see that u put Satyeshwar (which is real i hope) as your name in your profile.

As I had mentioned in my previous post, we can't stop people from giving a different name than their own even though we would like them to give them not to do so.
    But if a person hate his/her name why don't they go and change it leagally. I am not able to understand the need of representing yourself with different name. R u a terrorist? or from IB? or someone is after you who would have kill u if u show your name but still if u show ur real name i don't think person whould came to know about ur address or phone number until unless u don't give that.

What is a problem is when they make two or more IDs.

I hope that this rule will not get change if u found some mod involved in such kind of activity in future.

There is no need of this, and past experiences have proved that such stuff is only done for nefarious activities.
    If someone's still not understanding, let me know, I can repeat this all over again.
    -Satyeshwar
    Plant one tree atleast

personally i dont know which moderator is using fake name, i think there should not be any problem as such if the moderator is doing his job successfully with all the responsibilities assigned,

waise b people are here to dicuss about certain topics, to have taste of our own culture, share jokes, to vent out their frustations about certain issues, and if people are doing all this without creating any tension then there should not b "halla" about not sharing their very real name.not a big deal!

"unn b tamm saare moderator ban-na(oops!) chaho ho, arr jo bann rya hai uss te jallo ho "
    "Every Man alone is sincere.At the entrance of second person hypocrisy begins"

satyeshwar how do you know what is being told to you is a truth.did you verify it?
    Hi Sumit,
    There is no rule being broken here. The moderator is not using the name given to them at birth, that's all. They did NOT create another id which is what we are against. Most of my close friends at Jatland know me by the name Bagh, while others know me as Satyeshwar. That doesn't mean I am using a fake id. Same is the case here!
    As I had mentioned in my previous post, we can't stop people from giving a different name than their own even though we would like them to give them not to do so. What is a problem is when they make two or more IDs. There is no need of this, and past experiences have proved that such stuff is only done for nefarious activities.
    -Satyeshwar

rekha katti sahi nahi kahi......yu to kal ne koi chamar jat ban ke accha mod ki responsibilty nibha de.na be i do not agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rekharathee View Post
    personally i dont know which moderator is using fake name, i think there should not be any problem as such if the moderator is doing his job successfully with all the responsibilities assigned,

waise b people are here to dicuss about certain topics, to have taste of our own culture, share jokes, to vent out their frustations about certain issues, and if people are doing all this without creating any tension then there should not b "halla" about not sharing their very real name.not a big deal!

"unn b tamm saare moderator ban-na(oops!) chaho ho, arr jo bann rya hai uss te jallo ho "

fake id use karan ki ke lod sai.
    jo naam hai wo pyara na hai ke kisi nai.
    use original id.
    fake id should be banned

main to ye kahunga ki koi rule bantae ho to vo sabkae liye same hona chiye.....no to pher saab kahtam ker do koi mod,admst nhai ......

per agar yahan koi dicipline hai to atleast moderator should follow ...if not so than they have no right ho ask any question from others.........

if aware urself not oversmart!