Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: The Brave Jats

I am reminded of the rock edicts of Ashoka. Locally available rocks are a cheap and durable way to disseminate information for general public. It may not have all of that grand artistic touch but experience and evidence tells us that rock edicts survive time while serving their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by maddhan1979 View Post
    This remembrance monuments should not be waste of public places, stones, like those done by leaders of Utter Pradesh in recent past, who erected huge personal statues cutting away stones from mountains and occupying public spaces for personal glorification. It makes me sad and leave me broken heated when i see stones being carried away from big mountains to make such self glorification statues. I can see the utter stupidity and thoughtless process of the people who are getting it done. If u blow the mountains and use its stones for other purposes, you spoil the entire ecosystem, an ecosystem that has taken millions of years of making. It is pathetic.

The real beauty of life lies in nature and the place where people live and not in big self glorification statues because every common human breathes, drinks and admires the nature around him.

Do these self glorification statues, family politics, filling self and family bank accounts, polluted water, polluted air and polluted soil hold bigger values then clean water, clean air and clean soil?
    Once air, water and soil gets polluted these pollution's are irreversible for millions of years and are the main cause of human suffering in form of diseases and irreversible genetic disorders that go on for generations and are often irreversible.

Rather these remembrance place can be place of peace and tranquility, where history is written on simple slabs of stones with names, images and other details of the people who came from the area and did their contribution for people without any personal interest. These people can be of any community, caste, creed or religion. If such places exist, then people will realize the truth behind real doers and people who are just out there to make politics a family trade, politics as a means of earning money, terrorizing people, blindly exploiting natural resources, erecting self glorification monuments, etc.

It is essential the history of people, race and area be written in a language which any common person from the area can read.
    Attention seekers and attention getters are two different class of people.

Well, the main point is, if local people at village level are able to know their ancestors, then perception of these villages can change.

Well, the main point is, if local people at village level are able to know their ancestors, then perception of these villages can change.

Perception towards what ?
    History is best when created, better when re-constructed and worst when invented.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DrRajpalSingh For This Useful Post:

urmiladuhan (September 28th, 2013)

I guess you mean those ancestors that have been long forgotten. I think for that people have to be first able to link themselves to them by keeping an interest in history. It may not be quite straight forward to find the link, but the clues are there for a sharp mind and discerning eye. I personally am getting convinced of the Jat- Kushana ancestral link.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRajpalSingh View Post
    Perception towards what ?
    Their view towards life and understanding of cultures, people and places. To truly understand concept of "Bharat" and its people. History in broader sense, commitments, sacrifices, hardships, past lives of ancestors, their role in shaping the society we live in today, their tribal origins, etc, etc.

Their view towards life and understanding of cultures, people and places. To truly understand concept of "Bharat" and its people. History in broader sense, commitments, sacrifices, hardships, past lives of ancestors, their role in shaping the society we live in today, their tribal origins, etc, etc.
    Maybe this brings them out of the clutches of mythological world they live in.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to maddhan1979 For This Useful Post:

urmiladuhan (September 28th, 2013)

Well said. Mythology and history needs to be kept separate.

Maybe this brings them out of the clutches of mythological world they live in.

Looks simple and cheap to errect one of these as shown here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rock.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	16859

Quote Originally Posted by urmiladuhan View Post
    I am reminded of the rock edicts of Ashoka. Locally available rocks are a cheap and durable way to disseminate information for general public. It may not have all of that grand artistic touch but experience and evidence tells us that rock edicts survive time while serving their purpose.