Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jats in business - where to start?

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Thank you Jitu bhai!! Both suggestions are nice and infact can be implemented at smaller levels too.

Quote Originally Posted by jitendershooda View Post
    Ek friend mila tha 2 din pahele ... he is planning the same .... he have some data and market research too ... let us see if he start .... Wo kahe raha tha ki ye supermarket reliance fresh jaise basi sabjiyon ke itne daam lete hein to kyun na aisa kiya jae ... isse kissan ko bhi faeda hoga, customer ko bhi aur aapko bhi. Will update if anything evident come from his side.

Also, doodh ka kaam nahi ho sakta ke ... par shart hai ki aacha doodh diya jae .... mein kudh se sochta hun ki Gurgaon mein aake jee dukhi rahe se .... na doodh dhang ka milta er na seet-lassi. Te je koe aadmi 20 parivar te contract kar le er pher sudh cheej supply kare to mere hissab te uska kharcha pani ghana badhiya likad sake hai ....

first of Anil i would congratulate you from my heart for starting this healthy discussion here, i believe this idea sharing will go places with members like us sourcing information and then sharing it back with our relatives/friends back in village, like in your case ...

It is said that if someone ventures out in the field he has the knowledge about or the subject is interesting for an individual/group it is always better and chances of success are any day better therefore I would keep my present ideas related to agriculture produce & Animal farming as that's something in which Jat's excel, we have this talent in our genes from centuries and have perfected this art.

ORGANIC FARMING -
    This is the future, the potential lies both in domestic and export market, this is largely not practised because of small land availiblity, but like in your case there are many people who are willing to venture out the land pool will be higher and then storage and transportation cost will not affect the group much, companies like reliance fresh, big apple, 6-10, will easily go into contract. I to an extent can also help your group by getting into these organisations. please google organic farming and you will come to know of the potential. (We can discuss this plan on one on one basis in detail if you wish to). Seeds could be sourced from NamdhariGroup.

Advantage is if we can achive sizeable regular production we can easily look forward for exports.

Do check if the climate permits the growth of lettuce and other high price vegetables.

Animal Farming -
    Pig, Goat (beef we wont do but again is very lucrative) Farms are again with good potential and if done with technical knowlidge and right breeding, this again has a single window sales advantage. (I would suggest you to send your freinds to Hissar Vet Hosp, for more info.) Govt. also provides good ammount of loans & technical knowhow on this & rigorously promotes it.

I Dont have good knowlidge but Biotechnology farming is also inn now, would request if it is there and some other member can throw a light on this subject. (All i heard is that it is very lucrative )

Once again thanks for coming up with this,

Rgds

Sandesh

anil .......................plz visit this site there are lot of idead for small scale business .............plz visit Nabard site

Think which become obvious in future

Login to view details.
    Thank you Sandesh bhai for lots of useful Info. I am sure, we are all discussing very good ideas and people will definetly be helped due to this.

I am going keep all ideas and will discuss with them.

One more idea which came to my mind after visitng the site which Vivek Gathwala bhai said is, Herbal plants farming. I read posts from many south Indian farmers on that site and they have listed many herbal plants whcih can be planted and demand is huge - both in India and outside!

I hope some learned member from that field guides us on that front too..

Once again thanks everyone for great ideas.

Yes, Herbal farming is also a good option, nowadays people have started showing faith in this age old traditional way of curing the diseases.

Swami Ramdev has also brought a revolution in this field. The medical shops of Deshi Medicines are mushrooming nowadays.

Depending up on the climatic condition a herb require these can be cultivated.

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Thank you Sandesh bhai for lots of useful Info. I am sure, we are all discussing very good ideas and people will definetly be helped due to this.

I am going keep all ideas and will discuss with them.

One more idea which came to my mind after visitng the site which Vivek Gathwala bhai said is, Herbal plants farming. I read posts from many south Indian farmers on that site and they have listed many herbal plants whcih can be planted and demand is huge - both in India and outside!

I hope some learned member from that field guides us on that front too..

Once again thanks everyone for great ideas.

Yesterday while watching news on TV, there came an interview with a farmer in Sirsa. That farmer has explored the option of Flower farming a decade before when people had not even started it giving a thought.

The farmer told the media that, before taking on Flower farming he was under huge debt and was difficult to survive. Once he started this new initiative he got tremendous returns and all his debts are cleared, he has his own good house tracter and all such requirement basic needs.

The problem he was quoting that there is no Market in the vicinity of Sirsa and they have to depend on Delhi market for flower crops.

Can some body through some light that how good this business is

Login to view details.
    Bhai sachin,

Yeh business maine Gurgaon k aas paas bhi dekha hai.... Gurgaon se Jhajjar waale road pe...2-3 gaon hain jin mein kheti hoti hai... flowers ki... Lekin they have advantage of railway line... and they depend on Delhi market...

Sirsa waala farmer was correct... it requires big market for selling flowers... Local demand is very less... except Valentines day

Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    Yesterday while watching news on TV, there came an interview with a farmer in Sirsa. That farmer has explored the option of Flower farming a decade before when people had not even started it giving a thought.

The farmer told the media that, before taking on Flower farming he was under huge debt and was difficult to survive. Once he started this new initiative he got tremendous returns and all his debts are cleared, he has his own good house tracter and all such requirement basic needs.

The problem he was quoting that there is no Market in the vicinity of Sirsa and they have to depend on Delhi market for flower crops.

Lightbulb e-business

khaam khaa dukhi ho rahe ho... beraana kit kit haandoge.... AC me baith ke karo ne business campa-cola peete od... door nahi jaana apni JL se hi inspiration lo... ade bhi Google aalya ki advertisement ghani prominent ho rhi sei... jo jo blog se likh sake hai vo bhi yahi idea le sakte hai... Google ki ad chepo apne apne blogaa me... :-)!

ar haan thodi si trickery bhi karni padegi jukar yo Chupaal na paayi aaj manne ar Google ad aali Chatrooms me click kar baithya... hi hi hi ... kimmey issa he fasaana apne apne blogaa me...

Ek do entry 'marriage' (keyword) ki bhi karna apne blog me.. taaki Punjab ar Kerala Matrimony ki ad bhi aa jya google khenya te... ar ye ad te issi hai ki shaadi shuda log bhi click kare bina na maane... hi hi hi :-)!

Rule ki Rule me thodi se chalaaki.... bais..!!

Yes sachin it is indeed a very good venture . .. India depends upon imports of flowers also ... and if done with right know how one can really reap in good ammount of profits from this but yes the market is delhi only therefore like anil pointed out this type of farming is practisced normally in and around NCR region, these days to an extents the banks of yamuna which were used for vegetable farming are now being more and more used for flower farming . ..

Best thing is that the economics of the business could only be understood only after surveying the traditional wholesale market and by visiting people who are allready into it.

Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post

Unhappy Confused

Although it sounds a better option for me,

But to be very frank kuch bhi samajh me Nahi aaya, kya karna hai , kaise hoga, kisse milna ha,Returns kaha se aayega

"Sighaada" bhai , plz explain ur words

Regards
    Ravinder Tewatia

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    khaam khaa dukhi ho rahe ho... beraana kit kit haandoge.... AC me baith ke karo ne business campa-cola peete od... door nahi jaana apni JL se hi inspiration lo... ade bhi Google aalya ki advertisement ghani prominent ho rhi sei... jo jo blog se likh sake hai vo bhi yahi idea le sakte hai... Google ki ad chepo apne apne blogaa me... :-)!

ar haan thodi si trickery bhi karni padegi jukar yo Chupaal na paayi aaj manne ar Google ad aali Chatrooms me click kar baithya... hi hi hi ... kimmey issa he fasaana apne apne blogaa me...

Ek do entry 'marriage' (keyword) ki bhi karna apne blog me.. taaki Punjab ar Kerala Matrimony ki ad bhi aa jya google khenya te... ar ye ad te issi hai ki shaadi shuda log bhi click kare bina na maane... hi hi hi :-)!

Rule ki Rule me thodi se chalaaki.... bais..!!
    16*2=8,JAT ALWAYS PROVE THAT :rock

What about the option of Honey Bees farming(farming kah se ke kuchh aur isne:D),

Again i saw yesterday in news a farmer from Sirsa is exploring this option and was happy about the progress and results

Business

Bhaiyo Ram Ram,

It is very good topic. Interested person can visit Sonepat area (Rathdhana village), particularly for Rose farming and Mushroom farming. One days I was reading in a magazine about rose farming. Some farmers are earning near about 3-4 lakhs in one acre.

For Mushroom farming there is a short course conducted by Chotu Ram Polytechnic, Murthal. Farmers can earn more in this field, but in village our brothers do not want to start this type of job they only want simple farming such as Wheet, Paddy and Mustard. Some villagers are earning in vegetables (Jharoda village near Najafgarh, Delhi, Parnala village near Bahadurgarh).
    Lage Raho, Mehnat Karo, Rome was not buit in a day.

It was great of you to come up with this proposal for your friends.Well i would like to suggest one thing which i have learned through my experience in new zealand, Where farmers play a major role in reforming economy by cutting the middle man and taking there products to the shelves of supermarket to warehouses even outside country. When i see such a small country doing well in markets like europe i feel if our brothers in the villages are made aware of this they can and would take the opportunity. Well like our state is know for its purity of milk. Dairy farming can be of great earning. White gold as treated in western world is well in need. So i guess there is opportunity in the market to come up with pure dairy products.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by c.p.chhikara View Post
    Bhaiyo Ram Ram,

It is very good topic. Interested person can visit Sonepat area (Rathdhana village), particularly for Rose farming and Mushroom farming. One days I was reading in a magazine about rose farming. Some farmers are earning near about 3-4 lakhs in one acre.

For Mushroom farming there is a short course conducted by Chotu Ram Polytechnic, Murthal. Farmers can earn more in this field, but in village our brothers do not want to start this type of job they only want simple farming such as Wheet, Paddy and Mustard. Some villagers are earning in vegetables (Jharoda village near Najafgarh, Delhi, Parnala village near Bahadurgarh).
    Dear Sir,

If you have some information about this mushroom farming could you please share. Like iski bijai kab aur kaise ki jati hai, kitni investment hai, kitne din mein phasal tyar hoti hai. What needs to be taken care of etc.

Jat become businessman

One of my friend ask on Jat portal that if a person from village need to do the business then what business he should do? and how to get row material? Where to start? and so so..

As far as i thing you have raised a good question what business? how? where? When? These are some english words which require the answer, the person who is asking that question should study himself that what is he? what he can do? when he can do? and How he can do? You need to ask them back to give the above answer.

If the person seems positive then definately he should start from Zero means from ground level. No need of thinking about big business let him tell to come in market, the market or bazar will learn him what, how and when to do.

If you are thinking about what business and when to start you can't and never.

Step 01
    Its called study time.....
    You should just to start taking contract of various job, like supply of material to shopkeepers, contract of transportation, like put a car, truck or bus on monthly rent basis whereever is required, simply take two tempo and put on rent, hire a shop and put somebody to handle,

Step 02
    Once you come in to market (bazar) the market will give you right oppertunity, you have to utilize that opportunity thats all.....
    You will find lot of oppertunities these can be known once you are in the market means you have started money rotation in market.

Step 03
    Take the opportunity in right time and just study for positive and negitives. Now you can eassily take a good decision that what is good for you.

Step 04
    The business what you are doing you should belive in that, it should be always positive even in down falls. The circuler of various opportunities will come continue just you have to select right and good for you.

To become a successfull businessman do not think about what kind of business you are doing just think how is you business is growing...

Rajendra Nehra
    Last edited by rnehra; February 10th, 2009 at 05:28 PM.

Chinkara Bhai ,
    Can u giv some refrences who is doing flower farming and mashroom farming .. I dont hv any idea abt farming and i m reallly keen to move towards basics of man ... And i see future in farming , because in next decade farming will come as revolution .. And i m not intersted in simple farming , i want to do farming like flower , Mushroom , herbal... where i get the knowlede about the process of farming of mentioned crops...
    The way man plays a game, shows some of his character. The way he loose shows all of it .

SAP HR Consultant
    Steria India Limited

Dear Yudvir,
    theres no risk in animal farms.
    if you really need data on cost factors, i can make one & send it to you.
    we are into the business of setting up dairy plants & so i can tell u there is no risk.
    there are lot of govt schemes also...and this can be the best business for rural folk...its far safer than farming

Quote Originally Posted by vicky View Post
    Dear Yudvir,
    theres no risk in animal farms.
    if you really need data on cost factors, i can make one & send it to you.
    we are into the business of setting up dairy plants & so i can tell u there is no risk.
    there are lot of govt schemes also...and this can be the best business for rural folk...its far safer than farming

avinash ...i am interested in dairy farm project .....with jersy or holisten /hf ..

can u gv me any idea about that ..........

regrds

Think which become obvious in future

Smile

This is kind of thread really needed on Jatland.

Merey hisab se dairy products(Most profitable now a days) and Costly agri products Jaise ki strawberri and khumbi jaisi kuchh achhi options hai Gaon main rehne walo ke liye....
    Lost my cell..All are requested to send your contact details with name pls...

Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.

Respected ANil Ji,

Is there any business option for women also? As most women are fee after 12PM once they finish their house cores and literally waste time in these rubbish Saas-Bahu serials, is there any business hat can be started from home?
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8