Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jats in business - where to start?

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Jats in business - where to start?

Dear All,

Most of the people, esp youngsters, in villages either want to get "Govt Job" or nothing.

Few days back, I was discussing with my friends in village that they should try something in business as there are absolutely no chances for them in GOVT JOB in present scenario.

Then question which one of them raised was -"which business or work to start"?

Many of them, can not leave villages due to their family dependencies. Also, paternal agricultural land holds them back. So they can not come to city and start any small business.

Money is not a problem now a days as there are KVIC and other agencies which can provide them funds without any issues:

I thought of discussing this point with worthy members here and ask what kind of business they can enter in.

1. If they want to go for setting up a small scale industry, which one it should be?
    2. Where to take raw material and sell it and make money.

I am sure we have many Jat businessman and their friend members on Jatland. Can you please suggest something so that I can discuss with them whenevr I visit village next time. This way, we can help bringing our Jat youth as businessman!

Thanks!

Excellent initiative Sangwan Bhai, it has been observed that Jats have started own business in recent past with great success stories, now as you said, its time to percolate this habit in our villages also. We should come out with some ideas which suits the requirement of our Jat brothers and sisters in villages.

Noble thoughts.......... Anil Bhai,One idea which comes to my mind in this regard is Agri. product processing.I think if this business idea percolates to grass roote level by eliminating the middle man than real Kishan can earn good bucks.

With regards,

Somveer Dahiya

Login to view details.
    Hello Somveer ji,

First of all, welcome to Jatland. Thank you so much for your inputs also.

Could you please share some more details in this regard. It need not be technical but something on high level will also do. As Agri products processing is vast business and being IT professional, I have no idea about the field.

Do you mean something like processing vegetables/fruits etc or something else? And, seond question is, who will be buyer for processed agri products - some company or direct to the market.

I feel, marketing will be a challenge for village people and hence we should suggest them something which requires very less direct marketing.

Open to suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Somveerd View Post
    Noble thoughts.......... Anil Bhai,One idea which comes to my mind in this regard is Agri. product processing.I think if this business idea percolates to grass roote level by eliminating the middle man than real Kishan can earn good bucks.

With regards,

Somveer Dahiya

Sure, please find here sequentially reply

(i) First of every one needs to understand marketing traits in every
    walk of life whether it is job,business etc.village people can't get
    away from this.
    (ii) Here agri product processing means processing & marketing of
    every agri product.In this we can explore possibility of entering
    in to agreements with foods chains & retailers etc.direct supply
    supply from close to production will reduce logistics cost of
    retailers in this Cash strapped stores which are finding it difficult
    to sustain in this market.
    (iii) We can also explore possibility of Contract farming in this area.

I am living you with above thoughts,please correct me if my ideas are
    not in line with practical implementation.

looking forward for new ideas.

With regards,
    Somveer

Login to view details.
    Thank you very much Somveer ji.

I guess your idea is very much practically possible and implementable. We can have further discussion.

About marketing also, you are correct that they will have to learn it OR probably hire someone initially to do it for them.

Regards,
    Anil

Quote Originally Posted by Somveerd View Post
    Sure, please find here sequentially reply

(i) First of every one needs to understand marketing traits in every
    walk of life whether it is job,business etc.village people can't get
    away from this.
    (ii) Here agri product processing means processing & marketing of
    every agri product.In this we can explore possibility of entering
    in to agreements with foods chains & retailers etc.direct supply
    supply from close to production will reduce logistics cost of
    retailers in this Cash strapped stores which are finding it difficult
    to sustain in this market.
    (iii) We can also explore possibility of Contract farming in this area.

I am living you with above thoughts,please correct me if my ideas are
    not in line with practical implementation.

looking forward for new ideas.

With regards,
    Somveer

Thumbs up

This is what i want here on jatland... to discuss or suggest nw business ventures ...........for my self and for evry 1 also

as rt nw i am into running my business ...n m looking for more business ventures ....so finally i find this thread thanx anil for startin this

anil as you said which business or work to start

1. first think before starting any business.ask your self who your customer is cause customer is the real key of any business

2. what isthe market demand...n .who are the players in that

3. how u can market your product .......

i am pasting a link here u will get lot of small budget business here for the people who want to start them in villages ......www.agricultureinformation.com this iste will help them a lot ..u will get each n every 1 here from buyer to seller

Regards

Think which become obvious in future

Exxcellent feedbacks till now, The idea which Sangwan Bhai had in mind while starting this thread was that some kind of business in which our gramin bhai can also try so that they also get earning opportunities.

So we can side by side discuss all possible business opportunities which a person can start depending up on his capabilities

I must appreciate your initiative towards such noble cause.There are so many business ventures which people in rural areas can do.I would like to mention two ventures:
    1.Organic products-These are the perishable products like fruits n vegetables which are grown without using chemical fertilizers.People in cities are becominf health conscious and that's the reason market for such organice product is growing.
    2.Floriculture-Flower market is also growing.So right guidance and knowledge about growing flower can make farmers earn good money.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Dear All,

Most of the people, esp youngsters, in villages either want to get "Govt Job" or nothing.

Few days back, I was discussing with my friends in village that they should try something in business as there are absolutely no chances for them in GOVT JOB in present scenario.

Then question which one of them raised was -"which business or work to start"?

Many of them, can not leave villages due to their family dependencies. Also, paternal agricultural land holds them back. So they can not come to city and start any small business.

Money is not a problem now a days as there are KVIC and other agencies which can provide them funds without any issues:

I thought of discussing this point with worthy members here and ask what kind of business they can enter in.

1. If they want to go for setting up a small scale industry, which one it should be?
    2. Where to take raw material and sell it and make money.

I am sure we have many Jat businessman and their friend members on Jatland. Can you please suggest something so that I can discuss with them whenevr I visit village next time. This way, we can help bringing our Jat youth as businessman!

Thanks!

Business Options....

I want to setup Murrah Buffallo Farm... I am looking ahead to have around 20 buffalloes to start and then want to expand it..

Can anybody suggest me cost factors and some kinda of Risk Analysis..

I know some factors like accessbilty to good fodder, good Pond with clean water, efficent labour, storage space for Tuda, supply chain for Milk or setting up processing unit..

Looking ahead for inputs.. on Cost Factor, Risk Analysis. SWOT, Profitablity Ratio, Any Govt. subsidies etc.

Cheers,
    Yudhvir Mor

bhai anil 1 idea muje bhi aaya tha kuch time pehle per i don't have people to work with
    ye log ker bhi rahe hain per haryana me abhi jayda nahi hai "tubewell running on solar panels" isme sarkar bhi kaffi madad kerti hai or isme gaon ke log hi buyers hain or wo hi manufature kerte hain. koi khas lambe chode paise ki jarurat nahi hai isme.

sayad aapko bhi jankaari hoggi ki moserbeer ne photovoltic cells me kaffi invest kiya hai to cut down the cost of photo voltic cells jiski vajha se solar panels ki cost kaffi kam ho rahi hai. iska fayda direct milega.koi bhi thode time me solar panel ke connection motor se kerna sikh sakta hai.

suruvat me agar aap apne gaon se hi suru ker sakte hain kyunki light ki problem har kisan ko hai

dhire dhire solar enery se chalne wale kai product aap launch ker sakte hain

maine or mere kuch frnd ne solar car ke barre me socha tha per jo humne socha tha wo already petent ho chuka hai issliye humne direction change ker li abhi to per gaon me apne bhai sab iska bahut fayda utha sakte hain kyunki Gov iske liye abhi bahut paisa karch rahi ahi
    Last edited by vivekdh; January 12th, 2009 at 10:22 AM.

Login to view details.
    Bhai Vivek,

Bahut badhiya idea. Bhai, let me know, we can discuss the matter and I can suggest to those people there. I think, availability of people is not a problem in village area.

send me ur email id and phone number in PM bro. I will call you.

If we can suggest something good to those village guys, I guess it will be best mode of paying back to society and esp our Kaum!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by vivekdh View Post
    bhai anil 1 idea muje bhi aaya tha kuch time pehle per i don't have people to work with
    ye log ker bhi rahe hain per haryana me abhi jayda nahi hai "tubewell running on solar panels" isme sarkar bhi kaffi madad kerti hai or isme gaon ke log hi buyers hain or wo hi manufature kerte hain. koi khas lambe chode paise ki jarurat nahi hai isme.

sayad aapko bhi jankaari hoggi ki moserbeer ne photovoltic cells me kaffi invest kiya hai to cut down the cost of photo voltic cells jiski vajha se solar panels ki cost kaffi kam ho rahi hai. iska fayda direct milega.koi bhi thode time me solar panel ke connection motor se kerna sikh sakta hai.

suruvat me agar aap apne gaon se hi suru ker sakte hain kyunki light ki problem har kisan ko hai

dhire dhire solar enery se chalne wale kai product aap launch ker sakte hain

maine or mere kuch frnd ne solar car ke barre me socha tha per jo humne socha tha wo already petent ho chuka hai issliye humne direction change ker li abhi to per gaon me apne bhai sab iska bahut fayda utha sakte hain kyunki Gov iske liye abhi bahut paisa karch rahi ahi

Login to view details.
    Bhai ji,

This is also a good business but with bit of uncertainities. Though, insurance agencies now a days insure the buffallos and you need not worry about them,...

Par problem yeh hai ki... in order to buy good buffallows, you need to have experts... nahi toh laat maar diya karein 2 meehney doodh de k yeh...

Aur haan... fodder and pond etc are not very big investments. If you can buy / rent a farm of 10 acres, you can start this business excellently.

May be , someone here can give you pointers to expert in this field.

Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    I want to setup Murrah Buffallo Farm... I am looking ahead to have around 20 buffalloes to start and then want to expand it..

Can anybody suggest me cost factors and some kinda of Risk Analysis..

I know some factors like accessbilty to good fodder, good Pond with clean water, efficent labour, storage space for Tuda, supply chain for Milk or setting up processing unit..

Looking ahead for inputs.. on Cost Factor, Risk Analysis. SWOT, Profitablity Ratio, Any Govt. subsidies etc.

Cheers,
    Yudhvir Mor

bhai to get some idea abt future of solar panels just read the article. i belong to semicondutor industry issliye muje thoda pata hai ki in future this will be the most in demand tech. or time ke sath sath bahut easy hogga solar energy kaa use kerna.issliye abhi invest isme kerna will be like 1 tel kaa kuan khodna

http://www.livemint.com/Articles/200...-be-l.html?d=1

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Bhai Vivek,

Bahut badhiya idea. Bhai, let me know, we can discuss the matter and I can suggest to those people there. I think, availability of people is not a problem in village area.

send me ur email id and phone number in PM bro. I will call you.

If we can suggest something good to those village guys, I guess it will be best mode of paying back to society and esp our Kaum!!

Thanks!

Even the option of tapping the wind energy can be thought.

Solar and wind energy are two very good source of energy.

Infact the farmers have been using the wind energy since ages but in a different way, for winnowing purposes the farmers had been taking help of wind.

With advancement of technology we can really tap this for better utilization.

Smile Look for fundamentals and survive in short term

Anil has stareted good thread and deserves credit for it. There are plenty of opportunities in every sphere but without business acumen it is a gamble. Get the fundamentals right starting with Business Plan and concentrate on resources and commitment. Learn from successful business people and narrow down the options. Solar power, wind power all look pretty good in theory but would require very deep pockets to break even and even survive. For some one living in the village and having no experience in starting or running a business it is tough initially.

First and foremost is the relaible information and workable business plan. Product itself may be as simple as manufacturing a product in the village and market it to city or where ever the market is. The biggest challenge is right personality and foresight. Consider the risks and manage them. Value addition to local products is one suggestion. Instead of selling wheat sell flour, instead of selling chana sell besan and so on. Don't be afraid to leave the village to explore your options.

Keep up this thread and hope some one benefits from the ideas bounced here.
    Last edited by scsheorayan; January 12th, 2009 at 04:33 PM. Reason: .

Indeed a good thread and Lilla deserve the credit.
    I am sure most of us thought in this direction at some point in time.
    My take is
    Jats around Delhi/Gurgam/NCR area, can grow vegetables and sell them through direct delivery to pleople in NCR. Some kind of cooopraive socienty can bestarted just like in Gujrat. As SC sheortan uncle suggested Flour can be another thing. This way many middle man can be removed and they can fetch better price.
    To start with at least Jats can be their first customers, Rest will follow depending on service/product.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent..."

Yes Mr. Dalal, Sangwan has taken an excellent initiative by starting this thread.

I think the kisan bhai in villages can start with an option of distributing wheat floor in the towns and cities. Generally we see that there are so many brands like Shakti Bhog Ata etc. which are distributing wheat floors and at times the quality is not that good. SO our farmers in villages can think of this as a business, it might also give some challenges initially but still its worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by rsdalal View Post
    My take is
    Jats around Delhi/Gurgam/NCR area, can grow vegetables and sell them through direct delivery to pleople in NCR. Some kind of cooopraive socienty can bestarted just like in Gujrat. As SC sheortan uncle suggested Flour can be another thing. This way many middle man can be removed and they can fetch better price.
    To start with at least Jats can be their first customers, Rest will follow depending on service/product.
    Last edited by sachinb; January 13th, 2009 at 01:25 PM.

I was reading in news paper couple of days back, it said that Obama is going to encourage all those industries which will have positive impact on global environment.

We have lot of traditional practices in our villages which are very much environment freindly, can some body suggest what kind of initiative can benifit our kisan bhai.

The other opportunity can be entry in to Haryanvi(Incl Rajasthan & UP also) Media. If more and more haryanvis can explore this option as the Punjabis in Punjab did. We can take initiate it and give chances to Jat talent.

Thumbs up Nice thread

Quote Originally Posted by rsdalal View Post
    My take is
    Ek friend mila tha 2 din pahele ... he is planning the same .... he have some data and market research too ... let us see if he start .... Wo kahe raha tha ki ye supermarket reliance fresh jaise basi sabjiyon ke itne daam lete hein to kyun na aisa kiya jae ... isse kissan ko bhi faeda hoga, customer ko bhi aur aapko bhi. Will update if anything evident come from his side.

Also, doodh ka kaam nahi ho sakta ke ... par shart hai ki aacha doodh diya jae .... mein kudh se sochta hun ki Gurgaon mein aake jee dukhi rahe se .... na doodh dhang ka milta er na seet-lassi. Te je koe aadmi 20 parivar te contract kar le er pher sudh cheej supply kare to mere hissab te uska kharcha pani ghana badhiya likad sake hai ....