Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: No. 1 Haryana:- Ch. Bhupinder Hooda synonymous of Development

Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    Mr. Dev, dont talk off topic, all the members are making contributions supported by facts and its a healthy discussion going on. Please refrain from making these comments

If you want to give your views then come with facts, criticisms are most welcome. You can say things for or against. I dont mind even if you support Behan Kumari Mayawati's ideology also.

You can compare Ch. Bhupinder Hooda with other CMs based on the development work done by them in the state.

You are an experienced member with more than 6000 thousand posts , so speak with factual data only

Don't worry Mr Sachin ji.Pehle geet pure ho janne dou....i will come out with very CORRECT statistics.Till then you carry on with your PARCHAR.
    "LIFE TEACHES EVERY ONE IN A NATURAL WAY.NO ONE CAN ESCAPE THIS REALITY"

Mr. Dev, if you have something then post here other wise enjoy,,,,,its not PARCHAAR.

Pahle ek baar aapne 6000 post padh lyo,,,,,everybody knows you and your good deeds here on JL.

Dont disturb in between and come when you have CORRECT statistics.

Problem is that you can not digest praise of any one else apart from you. Ch. Bhupinder Singh Hooda is really doing an excellent job as CM and I am saying this based on facts.

PS:- Mr. Dev, I initiated this thread with facts and data only, not with any Hokka-Brand news which is baseless. I also said that you are most welcome to praise Behan Kumari Mayawati, if she is your respected leader:rock

Quote Originally Posted by devdahiya View Post
    Don't worry Mr Sachin ji.Pehle geet pure ho janne dou....i will come out with very CORRECT statistics.Till then you carry on with your PARCHAR.
    Last edited by sachinb; January 15th, 2009 at 09:49 AM.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Stastics of development are very genuine and appreciable Sachin bhai, but specially in haryana and in our community peoples have some stubborn thoughts , you can not do any thing in this regard.... kuute ki putch sidhi ho te ye sidhe hon......... they have some predetermined views, and they will say everything based on them....HAN EN KI BADDAI KER DYO , BAHUT BADHIYA CHUTKALA SUNAYA..WAHAHA MAJA AGYA..ye saare din jatland pe baithe rahenge aur worthless posting se jatland pe overload karte rahengen.....they like only their recognisation and jhuthhi hahahahahacome on sachin..good job....jai haryana, great haryana, mahan haryana
    Last edited by VirenderNarwal; January 15th, 2009 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Spelling wrong of Haryana (mahan hatyana)

Bhai chaahe tu Bull **** kah ya pher Jhotte ka Chauth,,,,,thaare kahan te kuchh na hona,,,,,,,jis aadmi dhore kuchh kahan ne naa hoya karta ne vo nyu e karya karre

We are discussing development work carried out by Ch. Bhupinder Hooda as a CM of Haryana. Same way people have discussed almost all prominent Jat Leaders on JL.

There was a time when people used to crib that politicians are just taking populist measures to win elections and no effort to initiate Long term investment and development work. When long term planning are being given a shape in Haryana by Hooda Sahab, now you people have come up with a new thing ke Chunaav Parchaar. Chaal bata kitne voters se JL ke upar,,,,,,Parchaar kit karna se manne khoob bera se

Tomorrow you will say that why Deepender Hooda is member of this site and then you will say that all those people who appreciate Hooda Sahab's work should not be member of this site. We are just discussing the kind of progress Haryana is doing and I am backing my views with facts, where this election compaign thing came up. What you are saying I call them Hokka Brand

Have I asked any member on JL or you to vote for Ch. Bhupinder Singh Hooda. Its individual's choice.

When we talk of development, the politicians have to be discussed whether you like it or not like it, because its they who have to do it.

JL is full of these types of links mentioning different leaders so what new you are doing.

In earlier thread also when you argued with me I told you to come with facts and data so that we can compare Ch. Hooda with earlier CMs of Haryana, there was no reply from you mentioning the facts. Now again you are feeling the pinch. Bhai kisse aur CM ne Hooda te badhiyaa kaam karre ho to bata de,,,,kaun naatte se tanne. You may have liking for somebody no harm you can say so.

Just wait I will come up with more facts!!!!

PS:- Rakesh, I will request you to do a comparative analysis of all the CM of Haryana and that should be purely based on development work and to create conducive environment for betterment of Haryana.

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Loga ke aankh hongi to khud dekh lenge ki ke dhan dhan kari hai

I call it all bull $ !-! !T

Last edited by sachinb; January 15th, 2009 at 01:33 PM.

Mr. Dev, if you have something then post here other wise enjoy,,,,,its not PARCHAAR.

Pahle ek baar aapne 6000 post padh lyo,,,,,everybody knows you and your good deeds here on JL.

Dont disturb in between and come when you have CORRECT statistics.

Problem is that you can not digest praise of any one else apart from you. Ch. Bhupinder Singh Hooda is really doing an excellent job as CM and I am saying this based on facts.

PS:- Mr. Dev, I initiated this thread with facts and data only, not with any Hokka-Brand news which is baseless. I also said that you are most welcome to praise Behan Kumari Mayawati, if she is your respected leader:rock

Take it easy my dear.Why get personal.I will not react like you.Forget about my posts.You carry on with your great work.God bless!

Quote Originally Posted by nd-chora View Post
    Stastics of development are very genuine and appreciable Sachin bhai, but specially in haryana and in our community peoples have some stubborn thoughts , you can not do any thing in this regard.... kuute ki putch sidhi ho te ye sidhe hon......... they have some predetermined views, and they will say everything based on them....HAN EN KI BADDAI KER DYO , BAHUT BADHIYA CHUTKALA SUNAYA..WAHAHA MAJA AGYA..ye saare din jatland pe baithe rahenge aur worthless posting se jatland pe overload karte rahengen.....they like only their recognisation and jhuthhi hahahahahacome on sachin..good job....jai haryana, great haryana, mahan haryana

Rightly pointed out dear.Jats are stubborn.I have no doubt after this rejoinder.

Rakesh Bhai when Haryana came in to existenc as a separate state in 1966, the total Power Production was some where around 366 MW(rought estimate-correct me if i am wrong here).

Are you aware of this fact!!!! . I think NO. Now you tell me what was the production in Haryana 4 years back when Ch. Bhupinder Hooda came in to power.

Think over it and reply. Considering the requirement of power in the state and the acute shortage do you think that he has done something BAD.

Aim is not to fight among us, rather its to see the progress of Haryana and make the state,,,,,,,,,No. 1 Haryana!!!!!!!!:rock

This is so unlike the Dev Dahiya ji we all know. Sir, I have observed you taking initiatives (e-initiatives, in literal sense) ever since I first visited this website. Aapne us 'Kaayal' aali post me mera naam nahi likha tha but main to hu aapka 'kaayal' :p! Sir, keep your thoughts flowing, please do not deprive us of those noble thoughts of yours.

It's sad that some 'respected' senior members have stopped contributing their natural way. Hereby, I wish to encourage Dev Sir to participate more like he always did in the past. We need senior members' views as well to know about all the 'facts'. Also, I would request Dev Sir to respect everyone's views and not term those from others as 'parchar'.

This may appear 'off-topic' but then the sole purpose of this post is to make this discussion 'lively' with the emergence of new facts most of which are in Dev uncle's bag.

~An ardent fan
    Pehle geet pure ho janne dou....i will come out with very CORRECT statistics.Till then you carry on with your PARCHAR.

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    This is so unlike the Dev Dahiya ji we all know. Sir, I have observed you taking initiatives (e-initiatives, in literal sense) ever since I first visited this website. Aapne us 'Kaayal' aali post me mera naam nahi likha tha but main to hu aapka 'kaayal' :p! Sir, keep your thoughts flowing, please do not deprive us of those noble thoughts of yours.

It's sad that some 'respected' senior members have stopped contributing their natural way. Hereby, I wish to encourage Dev Sir to participate more like he always did in the past. We need senior members' views as well to know about all the 'facts'. Also, I would request Dev Sir to respect everyone's views and not term those from others as 'parchar'.

This may appear 'off-topic' but then the sole purpose of this post is to make this discussion 'lively' with the emergence of new facts most of which are in Dev uncle's bag.

~An ardent fan

I will Sumeet.Just wait for my detailed reply on this.We all are seeing things happening around....there is nothing hidden from anybody regarding the performance of Mr Hooda or any other CM in past.It is not been against or FOR in such discussions.People tend to over react and get personal.what a fig?

Lets continue:rock

Rakesh Bhai when Haryana came in to existenc as a separate state in 1966, the total Power Production was some where around 366 MW(rought estimate-correct me if i am wrong here).

Are you aware of this fact!!!! . I think NO. Now you tell me what was the production in Haryana 4 years back when Ch. Bhupinder Hooda came in to power.

Think over it and reply. Considering the requirement of power in the state and the acute shortage do you think that he has done something BAD.

Aim is not to fight among us, rather its to see the progress of Haryana and make the state,,,,,,,,,No. 1 Haryana!!!!!!!!:rock

Sir, main 'Sumeet' koni... 'Sumit' hu !... waiting to read from you on this thread.
    I will Sumeet.Just wait for my detailed reply on this.We all are seeing things happening around....there is nothing hidden from anybody regarding the performance of Mr Hooda or any other CM in past.It is not been against or FOR in such discussions.People tend to over react and get personal.what a fig?

Something from a person with some eminence.

Year 2008 in Haryana — Some sugar, some salt and a lot of spice
    -A +A
    Font
    MUKESH BHARDWAJ Posted: Dec 31, 2008 at 0248 hrs IST
    PrintEmailNewsletterPost CommentsRSS
    Of the numerous crests and troughs the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government went through in the year ending this Wednesday, repeated incidents of law and order failure stand apart. A woman guest teacher shot dead while protesting; the firing in Kharak village, in which two youths fell prey to police bullets, and the suicide by a woman right in front of the cops who had allegedly raped her are some of them. The incidents of rape shot up significantly and the Khakhi brigade, which kept groping in the dark in the Samjhauta blast case, attributed it to the "free registration" of FIRs.

On the political front, Hooda successfully tackled all his opponents one by one. Arch rival and former chief minister Bhajan Lal and his son Kuldeep Bishnoi were thrown out first from the Congress and then the Vidhan Sabha. The "marriage for love" by Bhajan's older son Chander Mohan with former state assistant advocate general Anuradha Bali completed the wipe-out of the Bhajan Lal clan from the Congress.

While Kuldeep is still trying to get some hold on the electorate with his party - Haryana Janhit Congress -- Chander Mohan wrote a new chapter in the bizarre political history of the country by converting to Islam, adopting a new name (Chand Mohammad) and getting a second wife ("call me Fiza," she insists). The former deputy chief minister, who was the Bhajan Lal family's last foot in the Congress, is now keeping himself busy with writing love letters.

In some consolation, Bhajan Lal managed to retain his citadel - Adampur -- in the byelections held this year. However, here, too, the Congress won two of the three seats that went to the polls.

Hooda did have his share of sleepless night though, when Karnal MP Arvind Sharma sang paeans for UP Chief Minister Mayawati. Sharma, however, remained in the Congress fold at the crucial time of the trust vote in the Lok Sabha and remains more-or-less loyal since.

Kiran Choudhry, the media-savvy Tourism Minister, forced Hooda to eat humble pie when she was given back her portfolio within hours of a withdrawal that was made public. It is an open secret that Kiran survived as she was backed by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, and Hooda, ironically, ended up strengthening her further.

As for the Opposition, the Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), led by former CM Om Prakash Chautala, forged an alliance with the BJP even as the state BJP leaders protested, some in murmurs and some, MLA Ram Kumar Gautam that is, at elaborate press conferences.

Meanwhile, Bishnoi is looking at the BSP for a possible alliance.

On the economic front, the global economic meltdown hit Haryana as well and its most prestigious project, the Reliance Special Economic Zone, had to be put on the backburner.

By the year-end, however, Hooda did not forget to play Santa. He handed out goodies to not only the general public in the form of various schemes, but to his own team of ministers too. Ministers were given swanky Toyota Camry cars and their families SX4 sedans from the Maruti stable. Though what the Maruti cars would be used for remained a mystery. Perhaps shopping!

Another ambitious scheme of providing free plots to those living below poverty line (BPL) proved a tad embarrassing as the very list of BPL families came under the scanner and the government had to order a revision of the list-preparation process.

In sidelights, Savitiri Jindal, who replaced her husband and industrialist O.P. Jindal in the Hooda Cabinet after his death, made it to the Forbes list of 40 richest Indians, with a net worth of 2.9 billion dollars. Son of the soil, cricketer Virender Sehwag, too, got his share from the CM's gift-bag. He was given land and other incentives to start a cricket academy in the state.

What the next year may have in store depends on several factors, political and non-political. An immediate possibility is a Cabinet expansion.

Though as this piece goes to print, Hooda continues to dangle the carrot in the matter of Cabinet expansion and a number of Congress MLAs hope they get lucky in 2009.

Another One

Printer Friendly Format

8 November 2008
    Haryana police's hall of shame keeps getting bigger

By Jaideep Sarin

Chandigarh, Nov 8 (IANS) A student coming home from a party, a teacher protesting peacefully for a salary hike, a youth who did not stop at a police barricade... all killed by a trigger-happy Haryana Police that seem to fire first and look later.

The latest victim of this alarming trend was Kuldeep Tanwar, a college student, who was shot dead at point blank range by a policeman in plainclothes when he was asked to pull over in Bhiwani, 300 km from here. Kuldeep didn't - and paid with his life.

The 22-year-old, who was returning from a party with friends and cousins, died late Sunday.

An embarrassed Haryana Police later claimed they had mistaken Kuldeep for a "gangster" called Dara Singh.

But the excuses offered by the police and the reluctant action against the erring policemen were no solace for the family, nor was the Rs.500,000 compensation announced by Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.

Kuldeep was only the latest in a series of innocent victims -- one amongst the many who have lost their lives at the hands of Haryana Police, in cases of "mistaken identity" as the police like to say later.

Before him, in October, policemen in Jhajjar district allegedly shot dead a youth who had objected to his house being searched without a search warrant.

In September, a guest teacher, Raj Rani, died when police fired rubber bullets at agitating teachers in Hooda's home town, Rohtak. The teachers were protesting peacefully in support of their demands, including hike in remuneration.

In June, another unsuspecting youth, Mahender Kumar, was killed. He was shot dead when he did not stop his jeep at a police barricade on a highway in Bhiwani district. Policemen chased him before killing him in what they initially tried to pass off as an "encounter" with a criminal. The probe into that killing is still on.

In the incidents involving Kuldeep and Mahender the police resorted to firing in the first instance rather than using it as the last alternative.

That was not the end.

In May this year, Haryana Police clashed with Gujjar agitators near Samalkha in Panipat district, resulting in the death of two youths, including one in firing and one in the resultant stampede.

"Someone needs to go into the reasons why the Haryana police are doing such things (killing innocent people) so regularly. The police themselves cannot start acting like criminals. They have to remain disciplined. Haryana has never faced any terrorism problem or from hardcore criminals and gangsters. Someone needs to take charge at the top to set things in order," a retired director general of police from neighbouring Punjab told IANS.

Hoping to cash in on the embarrassing situation the Hooda government finds itself after the state police's excesses, the opposition Indian National Lok Dal has demanded the imposition of President's rule in Haryana.

"The police have become out of control and unruly. Ever since Hooda became chief minister, law and order has crumbled in Haryana. We will meet the president to demand imposition of President's rule in the state. This kind of lawlessness needs to be curbed," INLD leader and MP Ajay Chautala said.

It doesn't end there for a police force whose brutal cane charge on unarmed Honda factory workers in July 2005 in Gurgaon continues to haunt.

Sarita, a young married woman with two daughters, who was allegedly raped by two policemen inside a police station in Rohtak this April, committed suicide inside the state police headquarters in Panchkula near here in June after police failed to initiate action against the culprits.

Another newly married woman, who went to seek police protection on court orders after her inter-caste marriage this June, was allegedly raped inside the police station complex by the station house officer.

Earlier in June, a young man in a village near Karnal town, 130 km from here, committed suicide and wrote a 12-page suicide note blaming the police for ruining his life. He claimed that he was implicated in a case of disappearance of a girl from his village and tortured by the police.
    Last edited by devdahiya; January 15th, 2009 at 05:38 PM.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Bhaiyo..

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=34

Iss link ne khol ke dekho... Dudee uncle ji ne yoh kaam kayi saal pehlam Bataya tha Aapke MP saab ko.... Iske baad Rajasthan mein bhi doosri jaatiyon ko aarakshan mill chuka hai... ... Haryana k Jaatt wahin k wahi hain!!!!

Kuchh Galat bhi nahi keh rahe hain... Khud Hooda "Saab" ne jawaab maanga tha Chautala "saab" se.... ki batao Aarakshan pe kya neeti hai tumhaari.... Ab toh sarkaar Hooda saab ki sei.... ebb toh khud ne e kalam chalaaani sei......fer kis baat ki der sei??

YET ANOTHER ONE

Indian Express > National Network > Date Line >

CM Hooda doles out sops for MLAs, ministers
    Font Size
    MUKESH BHARDWAJ Posted: Sep 22, 2008 at 2336 hrs IST

AddThis
    Print Email Feedback Discuss
    Mukesh BhardwajMukesh Bhardwaj

Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda knows how to keep his legislators happy. Ever since he took over the reins of the state, he has gone out of his way to assure favours and facilities for his colleagues. No wonder that his “kind and favourable” attitude has kept his party MLAs calm and cool, and him smiling.

The suave ‘bhai sahib’ of Haryana politics,

Hooda may not have increased strength of his

Cabinet colleagues despite tremendous pressure, but has ensured that his ministers have a lavish lifestyle. The latest from his basket has been one luxury car each for the families of his ministers in Chandigarh. After sanctioning Hyundai’s Camry for his ministers, the Chief Minister has now ordered Maruti Suzuki SX4 Sedans exclusively for the use of their families.

Hooda, who in the past has provided many such benefits to his council of ministers and legislators, has come under sharp attack from his opponents. They are highly critical of the Chief Minister, especially in the wake of severe power crisis in the state.

“This is nothing but wastage of money at a time when villages are not getting power for hours together. Instead, the Government should have taken care to improve the deteriorating power situation in the state,” said Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) leader Sampat Singh.

The state Government, prior to providing comfort on wheels to the ministers and their families, had given his MLAs flats in the millennium city of Gurgaon and Panchkula. The Chief Minister justified the decision, saying that the facility was needed as the state MPs and MLAs had been finding problems staying in Delhi and Chandigarh. However, in order to prevent possible profit-making because of this decision, the Government put a rider that no transfer of ownership on these plots/ flats would be allowed for 10 years. Also, those who already had their flats in Gurgaon were not eligible for allotment.

Hooda’s kindness for his MLAs began soon after he became the Chief Minister. He gifted them trendy notebooks, costing the state Rs 80,000 each, and also conducted a training programme so that the legislators could learn how to operate the machine. It’s a different thing that not many MLAs responded enthusiastically to the programme. Also, needless to say, many of the notebooks were later used by the children of the MLAs as they hardly served any purpose for the politicians.

No personal comments please

Dear fellow members,
    It is always a pleasure to see you discussing issues but you are requested to avoid making personal comments on each other.

regards,
    bharti.

BANSI LAL AS A LEADER

Other States - Haryana Printer Friendly Page Send this Article to a Friend

Bansi Lal's death mourned

Special Correspondent

Cutting across party lines leaders pay rich tributes to veteran leader

CHANDIGARH: People from all walks of life, including political leaders transcending petty considerations and rivalries have mourned the death of former Haryana Chief Minister Bansi Lal.

Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda described him as a seasoned politician, an able parliamentarian and architect of modern Haryana. He said it was praiseworthy that the departed leader had served the nation in various capacities as Union Defence and Railway Minister.

Turning sentimental, he said that Mr. Bansi Lal's death was a personal loss to him. "He will be remembered as a symbol of progress and development in the country."

Mr. Hooda said that Mr. Bansi Lal had a great vision to accelerate the base of development in the State. His first priority was to make Haryana the leading State in the country.

Mr. Hooda said he had derived inspiration from the life of Chaudhary Bansi Lal for all-round progress of the State.

Former Haryana Chief Minister and president of the Haryana unit of the Congress, Bhajan Lal, said that when Mr. Bansi Lal took over as Chief Minister in 1968, Haryana was almost a neglected State from the developmental angle. The credit for providing electricity to all villages, construction of rural roads and augmentation of irrigation facilities goes to him. He ushered in rapid transformation in the State. Chaudhary Bansi Lal was a great parliamentarian, very capable administrator and a Gandhian to the core. "His death is a personal loss to me," the condolence message read.

Depinder Hooda, Member of Parliament from Rohtak, said that the contribution made by the departed leader in the development of Haryana as well as the country could never be forgotten. "Chaudhary Bansi Lal was an able administrator, honest and visionary leader and an architect of Haryana. He worked throughout his life for the welfare of the masses. The people of Haryana will always remain indebted to him for the development made during his tenure," he added.

The president of Indian National Lok Dal and former Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala, who is recuperating in the United States, in his condolence message said Chaudhary Bansi Lal had acquired a deep insight into matters of administration which made him master its nuances. While discharging his duties he always set the bar of excellence higher and higher. For long he would be remembered for his devotion to duty and perseverance of purpose.

He also recalled the efforts made by Mr. Bansi Lal in upholding the interests of the State. There were number of occasions when ignoring political differences he had extended his support for a common cause, Mr. Chautala added.

DEVI LAL AS A LEADER

Ch. Devi Lal was born to Shugna Devi and Ch. Lekh Ram on 25 September, 1914 in Teja Khera village of Sirsa district. Ch. Lekh Ram was a wealthy Jat landlord of Chautala village and he owned 2750 bighas of land. Ch. Devi Lal, whose original name was Devi Dayal, received education up to middle and also trained as a wrestler at an 'Akhara' in Badal village (Punjab). On Mahatma Gandhi's call, both he and his elder brother Ch Sahib Ram, left their studies unfinished to take part in the freedom movement.

For this he was sentenced to one year rigorous imprisonment and sent to Hissar jail on 8 Oct, 1930. He took part in the movement of 1932 and was kept in Sadar Delhi Thana. In 1938 he was selected delegate of All India Congress Committee. In March 1938 his elder brother Ch. Sahib Ram was elected M.L.A. in a by-election on the Congress party ticket. In January, 1940 Ch. Sahib Ram courted arrest as a 'satyagrahi' in the presence of Ch. Devi Lal and over ten thousand people. He was fined Rs 100 and sentenced to 9 months imprisonment.

Ch. Devi Lal was arrested on 5th October, 1942 and kept in jail for 2 years for taking part in the 1942 Quit India movement. Therefore in 1942, Ch. Lekh Ram's both sons, Ch. Sahib Ram and Ch. Devi Lal were in the Multan jail for taking part in the freedom struggle. Ch. Devi Lal was released from prison in October, 1943 and he got his elder brother Ch. Sahib Ram released on parole. In August 1944, Sir Chhotu Ram the then Revenue Minister, visited Chautala village. He, along with Lajpat Rai Alakhpura, made efforts to woo both Ch. Sahib Ram and Ch. Devi Lal to desert Congress and join the Unionist Party. But both workers, being dedicated freedom fighters, refused to leave the Congress Party. After independence Ch Devi Lal started a farmer's movement and was arrested along with his 500 workers. After some time, then Chief Minister Dr. Gopi Chand Bhargawa made an agreement and Muzzara act was amended. He was elected member of Punjab Assembly in 1952, Congress president of Punjab in 1956.

He played an active and decisive role in the formation of Haryana as a separate state. In 1958 he was elected from Sirsa. In 1971 he left the Congress after being in it for 39 years. He was elected in 1974 from Rori constituency against Congress. In 1975 Indira Gandhi declared emergency, and Ch. Devi Lal along with all opposition leaders was sent to jail for 19 months in Hissar Jail and Mahendergarh fort. In 1977 emergency ended and general elections were held. He was elected on Janata Party ticket and became the Chief Minister of Haryana. For his steadfast opposition to Emergency and dictatorial misrule, he became known as Sher-e-Haryana (Lion of Haryana).

Dy Prime Minister Ch Devi Lal with Ch Nathu Ram MirdhaHe remained member of parliament from 1980 to 1982 and member of State assembly from 1982-1987. He formed Lok Dal and started Nyaya Yudh under 'Haryana Sangharsh Samiti' and became hugely popular among masses. In 1987 state elections, the alliance led by Ch. Devi Lal won a record victory winning 85 seats in the 90 member house. Congress was routed in the state winning only 5 seats. Chaudhary Devi Lal became the Chief Minister of Haryana for the second time. In the 1989 parliamentary election, he was simultaneously elected, both from Sikar in Rajasthan and Rohtak in Haryana. He twice became Deputy Prime Minister of India in two different governments. He was elected to Rajya Sabha in August, 1998. At present his son Sh. O. P. Chautala is the Chief Minister of Haryana.

Ch. Devi Lal and his elder brother Ch. Sahib Ram were true Gandhians and freedom fighters. They fought against British rule and played an important role in the freedom movement. After independence, Chaudhary Devi Lal emerged as a leader of farmers in whole of India.. During his two tenures as chief minister of Haryana he made several decisions benefiting farmers and rural people. He always took decisions about the betterment of common people. His popularity among farmers and rural people, earned him the title of 'Tau' (Elder Uncle).

Chaudhary Devi Lal passed away on April 6, 2001. His passing away has left a void in Indian politics that can never be filled.

OP CHAUTALA AS A LEADER

Name
    Sh.Om Parkash Chautala

Father Name
    Late Ch Devi Lal

Constituency
    Narwana -45

Constituency Type
    General

Party
    INLD
    Birth Place Village Chautala
    Date of Birth 01/01/1935
    Marital Status Married
    Husband/Wife Name Smt Sneh Lata
    No. of Son 2
    No. of Daughter 3
    Qualification Upto Matriculation
    Place of Education Chautala, Sangaria & Dabwali
    Language Known Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi & Sanskrit
    Present Profession Agriculture
    Social Activities While in youth exhorted the students and youngsters to develop the concept of National Integration and religious tolerance for communcal harmony; took keen interest in the uplift of the weaker sections of society to fulfill the dreams of great leaders like Mahatma Gandhi, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru, Sir Chhotu Ram and the tallest farmer leader of present times, Chaudhri Devi Lal ; took interest in implementation of various programmes and policies framed under the dynamic leadership of Chaudhri Devi Lal, advocated the legacy of the great National Leaders to develop nationalism and concept of secularism; defended Haryana’s case in Ravi Beas Waters and territorial disputes; organized ‘Nyaya Yudh’, a compaign for restoring justice, under the aegis of ‘Haryana Sangharsh Samiti’ ; organized mammoth ralies like ‘Haryana Bachao’, ‘Samast Haryana’, ‘Kisan Rally’ etc. at State and National level in different parts of India in an effort to root out the misrule, lawlessness and corruption prevalent at high places in the country and re-assured the faith of the people in the established ‘Emotional Integration’ of Indian people belonging to all castes and creeds; resigned from Haryana Legislative Assembly on 1st November, 1995 in protest against Government failure to safeguard the interests of people of Haryana on the issues of Yamuna Water and de-watering the flood water in the flood affected areas; highlighted the ongoing poverty alleviation scheme to improve the shattered economy of India; a consecrated social worker for the welfare of farming community; Keen interest in the constructive and developmental works for the overall development of the State and the Country; Have a vision to see India as Sovereign, Socialist, Secular Democratic Republic in its true perspective and practical applications wherein a common man may feel that he has a plough-share in the functioning of Indian democracy.
    Hobbies Acquiring practical knowledge, Study tours and keen interest in Information Technology, Promotion of education and development of agriculture sector.
    Sports & Clubs Member Sirsa club Sirsa
    Favorite Pastime and recreation Touring different parts of India & Abroad.
    Foreign Travels England, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Luxembourg, Sweden, Denmark, Norvey, Finland, Italy, Hungry, Poland, Switzerland, Turkey, Romania, Austria, Greece, Malaysia, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Egypt, Israel, Holland, Hongkong, Singapore, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Fiji, Australia, The Bahamas, Philippines, Mexico, Canada, Newzealand and United States of America.
    Office, if any, held in various organizations Chief Minister from (i) December 2, 1989 to May 22, 1990 (ii) July 12, 1990 to July 16, 1990 (iii) March 22, 1991 to April 5, 1991 (iv) July 24, 1999 to March 2, 2000, and (v) March 2, 2000 onwards; Member Rajya Sabha 1987 to 1990; became leader of Opposition on 24th May, 1996 in the 9th Haryana Vidhan Sabha; President, Haryana State Janata Dal; National General Secretary, Samajwadi Janta Party; Secretary General, Samajwadi Janata Party ; Chief Kisan Kamgar Cell of All India Lok Dal ; Convener, Anti-Dunkal Rally at Delhi, March 18, 1994 ; Remained Member of important Committees of Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and Haryana Vidhan Sabha; President, Haryana State Indian National Lok Dal.
    Conferences Attended Besides organising various conferences and rallies, attended number of National and International conferences.
    No. of times elected 5
    Years of Election 1970, 1990, 1993, 1996 & 2000.
    Favorite Subjects Politics
    Publications
    Vegetarian/Non-Vegetarian Vegetarian
    Permanent Address Teja Khera Farm house, Dabwali, Distt. - Sirsa.
    Total Votes 112586
    Total Votes Polled 87807
    Winning Candidate Votes 41923
    Nearest Rival Votes 39729
    Won By 2194
    Other

Bhupender Hooda as a leader

Bhupinder Singh Hooda

Bhupinder Singh Hooda, an Indian politician, is the ongoing chief minister of the Indian state Haryana. He is a well known figure and is also a member of the Bar council of Punjab and Haryana. As the member of the Indian National Congress, from 1996 to 2001, he has served as the president of Haryana Pradesh congress Committee.

This eminent politician from Haryana was born on 15th September 1947 to father Ranbir Singh at village Sanghi in Rohtak district. His father was a member of the committee, which was appointed to draft the Constitution of India. He was educated at Punjab University, Chandigarh and University of Delhi and obtained B.A., LL.B. By profession he is an Agriculturist and Advocate. On 15th October 1976, he married to Asha Hooda and the couple has one son and one daughter. His son Dapender Singh Hooda is also a Member of Parliament.

Bhupinder Singh HoodaBhupinder Singh Hood has been a member of Indian Parliament (Lok Sabha) for four terms - 1991, 1996, 1998, 2004. From 2001 to 2004, he has been the member of parliament as the leader of opposition in Haryana`s Legislative Assembly. He defeated Chaudhary Devi Lal, for three consecutive Lok Sabha terms. Devi Lal is a behemoth Jat leader in elections in the Jat heartland of Rohtak, Haryana. In 1991, when Chaudhary Devi Lal was holding the post of deputy Prime Minister of India, was defeated by Hooda.

The posts which he held throghout his political career are:
    # President, Block Congress Committee, Kiloi, Haryana: 1972-1977
    # Senior Vice-President, Haryana Pradesh Youth Congress: 1980-82
    # President, Haryana Pradesh Youth Congress: 1982-83
    # Chairman, Panchayat Samiti, Rohtak: 1983-87
    # Chairman, Panchayat Parishad, Haryana: 1984-87
    # Elected to 10th Lok Sabha: 1991
    # Member, All India Congress Committee: 1992 onwards
    # Member, Executive, Congress ParliamentaryParty: 1994 onwards
    # Convenor, Haryana Congress Parliamentary Group: 1994-1996
    # Re-elected to 11th Lok Sabha (2nd term): 1996
    # Member, Committee on Agriculture: 1996-97
    # President, Haryana Pradesh Congress Committee : 1997-2002
    # Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha (3rd term) Member, Executive Committee: 1998
    # Member. Committee on Agriculture; Member,Committee on Subordinate Legislation;
    # Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communication: 1998-99 Elected to 9th Haryana Vidhan Sabha from Kiloi Constituency: 2000
    # Leader of Opposition in Haryana Assembly: 2002-2004
    # Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (4th term): 2004
    # Elected to 10th Haryana Vidhan Sabha (bye election from Kiloi constituency) with a record margin of 1,03,635 votes: 2005
    # Bhupinder Singh HoodaElected Leader of Haryana Legislature Party: March 4, 2005
    # Sworn in as Chief Minister of Haryana: March 5, 2005
    # Secretary, Jat Education Society, Rohtak, Haryana; Member, Managing Committee,D.A.V.Educational Society, Hasangarh, Haryana

Hooda with a keen interest in sports strived for the promotion of sports in the rural areas of Haryana. Cricket, Badminton and Lawn Tennis are his interesting fields of sports. Hooda as a delegate of AICC and OISCA visited World Youth Festival in U.S.S.R, World Parliamentary Conference in China. He has also attended International Conference in USSR and International Conferences in Japan and South Korea. He has also been the President, All India Young Farmers` Association, Haryana ; Ex-Member, Market Committee, Rohtak; Director, Bank of India, 1989-92; Secretary, Farmers` Parliamentary Forum, 1991 onwards; Founder-Member and Working President of All India Freedom Fighters` Successors` Organization; Working President, National Federation Railway Porters, Vendors and Bearers.

AND

No. 1 Haryana:- Ch. Bhupinder Hooda synonymous of Development
    Realizing the poor state of Electricity in Haryana, Ch. Bhupinder Hooda made a commitment to make the state self sufficient in terms of generating power for its own use so that we are not dependent on any other state. Ch. Hooda has displayed the great vision and long term planning making the state as No. 1 Haryana. The Khanpur Khurd was the 4th such power plant inaugurated during his 4 years tenure of CMship. The important thing is that all these four plants have been given to different regions of Haryana. The Khanpur Khurd plant is situated in Jhajhar District on the border of Bhiwani & Rewari, considering the area to be backward in terms of economic development.

It is obvious that it will create a conducive environment for industries. The brief status of these power plants is as under:-

Din Bandhu Chhotu Ram Thermal Plant, Yamunanagar:- Capacity is 600MW, Cost is Rs. 2400 crore, inaugurated on 20th August,05. Production has started.
    Thermal Power Project, Khader(Hisar):- Capacity is 1200MW, Cost is Rs. 4300 crore, inaugurated on 19th May,2007. Production will start in December,09 & March,10.
    Super Thermal Power Plant, Jharli(Jhajhar):- Capacity is 150MW, Cost is Rs. 7892 crore, inaugurated on 2nd October,05. Production will start in July, August,(10) & Jan, 11 in phases.
    Thermal Power Project, Khanpur Khurd(Jhajhar):- Capacity is 1320MW, Cost is Rs. 6000 crore, inaugurated on 10th January,09. Production will start in Dec, 2011 & May, 2112.

Instead of taking populist measures to earn popularity , Ch. Hooda has followed the tough path to ensure development of the state and creating an infrastructure with long term growth for Haryana.

Apart from it, Haryana will also become a hub for Pilot Training, and for this the state government is going to enter in an agreement with Pvt. Companies in next three months. The training would be given at Pinjore, Karnal, Bhiwani & Narnaul.
    Ch. Bhupinder singh Hooda has really given a new direction to Haryana’s growth.
    No. 1 Haryana

We can also compare this great leader with others purley based on his development work, views are invited backed with facts and data!!!!!

PS:- My replies to expected comments and criticism might be extremely slow at times as I am under Indefinite Infraction Period and have to wait for Mods approval.

Nice to see facts but,,,,,,,No AND,,,,,,,,,,Electricity is the one aspect with which I have started this thread, some contribution was made by Jitender Hooda and more will come from me. The work being initiated by Ch. Bhupinder Hooda will be brought forward for people to see and judge:rock