Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements needed for Jatland

its not about being insecure. Nishant has made his point amply clear.

Its an input from him and let the mod work on this. If feasibility is there then somehting would be done otherwise it would be taken as acceptable risk by individuals:rock

PS:- It was nice to see so many changes. Good work Mods/Editors. Thanks my name was not being displayed.:rock

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    If you feel so insecure they it is better to keep your pics/docs personel in your desktop/laptop. why you want to share ???Sharing means sharing not putting your valuables in a safe. :tamatar

I appreciate changes going on. But threads also needs to be updated and checked.
    One suggestion that i think needs to be implimented we can delete unnecessary replies and quotes on a thread like (for ex. humour section) repeated jokes can be deleted same you can do with replies and the cream can be made a single thread. it will be better for everyone so that one can see before repeating. i know this will reduce the posts of a member but i don't think that anyone mind such type of things.i wont mind if my posts goes to 10 but atleast that will be the best of me.We can give rating to that thread instead of just hahaha , good one, keep pouring etc. for new threads it is fine to post replies for locked threads it will be better that they are shortned or unnecessary threads just go to garbage store.

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    If you feel so insecure they it is better to keep your pics/docs personel in your desktop/laptop. why you want to share ???Sharing means sharing not putting your valuables in a safe.

Boss i don't think you are the correct person to tell me whether i have to keep my pics in safe custody or here.
    And mind it that i didn't gave that suggestion to u and neither u r moderator. Waise i can say lot many things on ur above post but leave it don't want to destroy the main purpose of this thread. Carry on Buddy.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

satye bhai jeee saa aaagay eb t ade jatland pe gud work

Think which become obvious in future

one more improvement..

At the bottom of the forum page...

Few contents from stats section are added up...

A list of top posters is given, which is un necessay.

because ppls would start competeting with un necessary one-liners posts to come in the list of top poster.

and to improve their personal post counter.

Hence adding only quantity & not quality posts...

Should be changed...(also such a counter shouldn't be added there on main forum page.....like in stats we have counters for top contributor in number of posts, monthwise, day wise, year wise or the like.)

Also there should be two tab extra alongside....... "Thanks tab" "GROAN/No thanks tab"

suppose i contributed one post in a particular thread....and if ppls are agreed to it/liked it...they can simply press the "THANKS" tab....so that their user id & date comes below that post..........and so if somebody adds some crap/irr relevant post..

Advantages.
    1. Quality of contributions can be improved, ppls who get maxm'm of No thanks would not create any un necessary/irr relevant post there..
    and would think twice before quoting to somebody's reply.
    It will give an impression of a member that he adds quality stuff..

2. Ppls would stop quoting the liked post by adding just one liner...."agreed to ur post"..."i conquer your thoughts"....."well said..." or the like...

@ Mods
    you can see www.pagalguy.com..... having similar feature...

i hope it will work here well,

but i rule out no possiblity that, ppls would start always using "no thanks" tab, whom they do not like..everytime that member will post someting...(a natural jalne/jalane wala trait in we jat's)....;-)
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

Satyeshwar....must appreciate the good work. But displaying "INFRACTIONS" isn't it humiliating and embarrassing as the members might have got the infraction YEARS back but displaying them in current stats isn't very good. People keep getting changed/ the maturity level keeps increasing, members improve also, so I suggest if you keep that out of the updates. Rest is upto you.

Next suggestion is not to count posts in Timepass section, thogh all like to laugh and have fun but always a mockery is made of a specific word" ha ha ha ha" keeping few people in mind, or else give an option for jokes "READ ONLY" no post should be allowed. Though we all know that only a few jokes are worth laughing and MOST of the times the COMMENTS make it more funny and enjoyable.
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

A few things...

Hi everyone,
    I will try to answer all the salient points made so far:
    This is a social networking site. You are more than welcome to remove all of your pics if you don't want anyone to see them. Putting them up and then wanting to hide them makes no sense to me. Please delete such photos as it will even save some server space.
    We have added Gotras in the main page but nothing else as we don't want it to be too crowded.
    We are not too concerned about people artificially trying to increase their post counts. You have to be quite desperate to get attention to do something like that. Also, our moderators will spring into action if we see people trying to deliberately increase their post count with nonsensical posts. On the other hand, we don't want to curb anyone's freedom of speech.
    Infractions given to a member can only be seen by that member and mods. No one else! If you delete a Visitor Message, even though it doesn't completely get removed from your page (just in case you may want to undelete it later), from other member's perspective, it's as if that VM doesn't exist.
    The software doesn't allow us to selectively choose which posts should be counted against your total posts and which posts shouldn't be.
    -Satyeshwar
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Thumbs up

Please Give Members a choice to delete their old posts completely which they feel is unnecessary

Thanks For Changes To Nitin Ji and Members of His

T -Togeather
    E -Everyone
    A -Achieves
    M -More
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Rakesh,
    That is not possible with the current software.
    -Satyeshwar

Thumbs up

satyeswar after login jatland ............i find this out oof this world site thnks for you both satyeswar &nitin ...............doood this is what we want jatland is like ..........

awesome ..out of this world

thanks &regards

vivekgathwala(vg)

Think which become obvious in future

Thumbs up

Beautiful Work Halka sa dhundlapan mehsoos ho raha hai Top ke tabs 3D mein ho aur selection pe thode se bright ho to aur jyada aache lagenge i hope. like few themes in style XP.

Main page ab aise lag raha hai jaise hukka pani band kar rakha ho.
    Usne ke khot kar diya usne bhi nhuwa dhuwa dyo:rock:rock:rock
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Some more changes

To all who have complained to me about the first character of a PM not showing up (and there have been quite a few ), I have fixed that problem! In order for you to see the change, please log out of Jatland, empty your cache and delete all the cookies and temporary internet files, then log back in. This is crucial or you won't see the fix!
    I have also fixed another problem where if you closed the chaupal window, then another window/tab would pop up. Now it should redirect you to the main forums page seamlessly.
    Rakesh, we will make some changes to the main page as well. Please be patient.
    -Satyeshwar

New look of JL is looking beauitifull Good work Bagh and Nitin g :rock
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    To all who have complained to me about the first character of a PM not showing up (and there have been quite a few ), I have fixed that problem! In order for you to see the change, please log out of Jatland, empty your cache and delete all the cookies and temporary internet files, then log back in. This is crucial or you won't see the fix!
    I have also fixed another problem where if you closed the chaupal window, then another window/tab would pop up. Now it should redirect you to the main forums page seamlessly.
    Rakesh, we will make some changes to the main page as well. Please be patient.
    -Satyeshwar
    Satte Background color is bit dark.. I think we should settle with white only

Yes, thats what i also felt about te background.The blue is fine but grey background making the whole page a bit dullalso the main font is bit small

Yeah .... This grey color is really very dull :o

One needs to concentrate much more to read things :rolleyes:

And yes.... the font size is appearing too small to be read easily, without much concentration. :o

This background is dark & dull.

Aur sabki photo kaha gayi, dikh nahi rahi .......

Satya, disappointed with new themese/styles ... both blackberry, mobile themes are big let down. Could you please re-arrange/add to the list the classy old one 'Kirsch' theme. thanks in advance !!

Looking forward to hear from you,

Rock on
    Jit
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    Yes, thats what i also felt about te background.The blue is fine but grey background making the whole page a bit dullalso the main font is bit small

Sab kam post padenge toh Lath bhi kaam bajenge.. Yoh kaam satte nee Rolee kam karan khatar kara hai

Par mera tai saanjh tahi CHASSMEY ka number badh lega....Satte so gya deekhey:D Arr Lath post padh kai nai baajjya kare....unney FEEL kare jabb baajya kare....to font badda hona chaiye:D
    Quote Originally Posted by yudhvirmor View Post
    Sab kam post padenge toh Lath bhi kaam bajenge.. Yoh kaam satte nee Rolee kam karan khatar kara hai

Wki edits

You can know your Wiki edits if you click My Wiki preference

For example My Wiki edits are

This number is still not shown on forums which still shows 0 Wiki edits

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Bagh is it possible to display the members names WHO LOG IN FROM SINGLE COMPUTER WITH DIFFERENT LOGIN NAMES/PROFILES? This way DENSE DOUBTS in "OTHERS" minds can be cleared out time to time also we all get an idea WHO IS WHO TO WHOM....please ab PRIVACY ki duhaayi mat dena kyunki jiss ney public forum mein profile bana hi liya to PRIVACY ke liye itni cheekh-pukar kyu? Also i'm not able to see members picture on posts in any thread, is this due to a new technical change? I am not able to see the infractions count? has that been removed from stats?
    Last edited by sunitahooda; January 21st, 2009 at 11:46 AM.