Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements needed for Jatland

I think top 5 profile visits needed to be replaced with something else
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

A couple more things...

Hi everyone,
    For anyone who isn't fully content with Blueberry style, I have also added curves. You can choose your style by going to the bottom left corner of any page and select the style from there.
    WIKI edits are showing up below everyone's profile and it has led to some starking discoveries. Extremely popular members at Jatland posts have little to none WIKI entries! I am myself guilty of not adding much there and I plan to rectify this situation by adding whatever information I have. If any of you have ever wanted to contributed to Jatland, here is a great chance! Give the gift of knowledge to Jatland. Even if you don't know much about Jats, I am certain that you can enter something about your own village or Gotra. Just one warning, do not copy paste this information from other sites (put everything in your own words)! Search engines like Google start lowering our rank thinking that we are stealing information which makes it harder for new members to find Jatland.
    Happy WIKIing!
    -Satyeshwar
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Satyeshwar Bhai your concern for copy paste material is very genuine as it lowers the rank.

In view of the same please put some check on threads like Meri pasand ka Angreji Songs, where people are just copy pasting the songs, though we have tried to provide information about songs like the background of the singer and other such aspects but still its very easy to find the song lyrics and its equally easy to paste it in that thread. 50% rank to haade e talle ho liye honge. Please do something in this regard, so what even if its a time pass section

Infact members should put an effort to write down the Haryanvi Raagni's lyrics in the Haryanvi music forum, if each member contribute one raagni we can soon have all the kissaa here on JL. These raagnis are very much liked in the areas of Haryana,UP and Rajasthan.

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Just one warning, do not copy paste this information from other sites (put everything in your own words)! Search engines like Google start lowering our rank thinking that we are stealing information which makes it harder for new members to find Jatland.
    Happy WIKIing!
    -Satyeshwar

Smile

WIKI edits are showing up below everyone's profile and it has led to some starking discoveries. Extremely popular members at Jatland posts have little to none WIKI entries! I am myself guilty of not adding much there and I plan to rectify this situation by adding whatever information I have.
    -Satyeshwar
    Bhai Satyeshwar,

I did contribute a lot nearly 400 words for haryanvi dictionary. Please see the related thread. I had talks with Dayanand ji and that time he told me that its better to give edit rights to one person so that it goes in a smooth manner. This was right too as we have seen that time few spell mistakes and wrong description entered by people. In the same thread it was agreed that mr Deshwal will put words on wiki and we will put on the thread. I did with full description and you will find that only a few corrections were required.

Dayanand ji put my name with his on the main page of haryanvi dictionary. But later on it was removed. I never noticed that. One day one of my friend was there and during discussions we visited haryanvi dictionary wiki. He objected to my contribution and told to show where I did that. I have shown the thread by digging into archives. But then he told bhai you should have worked smartly. People will know that this is from the person who edited it and not that you also have good amount on contribution in that. It was convincing and reality. It was also evident that DN ji has done a good job there and if we have not done like that we might not have such a nice dictionary. But overall others efforts are hidden now. I have invested so much time and still have 0 edits on my name .

I talked to dayanand ji and he told that Nitin removed it later on. I wrote to Nitin bhai also .... he has forwarded that mail to you and said that he never did that. I never received any reply from you after that. Nitin also added that it will be shown by the edits only and there is no utility of wiki if we add names like this. He may be right or wrong but what happened to my contri was also not logical.

I talked to DN ji and he told to edit some of them so that you get your name. But this doesnt seems to be encouraging to me and I left. I had collected good information about my gotra and village too since its roots but never felt to put on wiki after that.

So if you can do something in this regard it will be like an appreciation for my efforts.

** Also my advise to all the members is to contribute themselves no matter what mistakes they do as later on nobody takes care of what you are saying.
    Last edited by jitendershooda; January 28th, 2009 at 01:24 PM.

Hi Jitender,
    Unfortunately, there is no way for me to artificially bump up your WIKI count or give you credit for the information that you provided to Mr. Deshwal. I can only suggest you to add the information about your Gotra and village.
    -Satyeshwar

Hi Jitender,
    Unfortunately, there is no way for me to artificially bump up your WIKI count or give you credit for the information that you provided to Mr. Deshwal. I can only suggest you to add the information about your Gotra and village.
    -Satyeshwar
    perhaps thats why only I have not replied further to that mail, today saw your post so thought to put it once again.

It was for a better haryanvi dictionary and not for Mr. Deshwal.

Khair I leave it again. If I am interested in artifically bumping it then I could have edited and saved it like what DN ji told.

Thanks for your reply.

Jitendra Ji,

Wiki is a wonderful tool. It keeps record of what and when anything was edited in its history section. So the name may not be written on the article page but it remains in its history. So if later it is decided to put the name of authors it can be retrieved back. Do not worry about errors. These can be rectified.

regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Jitendra Ji,

Wiki is a wonderful tool. It keeps record of what and when anything was edited in its history section. So the name may not be written on the article page but it remains in its history. So if later it is decided to put the name of authors it can be retrieved back. Do not worry about errors. These can be rectified.

regards,
    Laxman Ji,

I have learnt this a hard way. That time I was agreed to Mr. DND Ji as I felt his point was valid and he told me that he will put names there for the contributors . And surely it was valid as nobody will have gone too much deep to edit all the wrong ones but the commitment leads me to feel like cheated (First put my name and then removed, perhaps if I knew that then I would have edited myself. I have compiled all those and put on the thread too so it was not a big task to put it on the wiki directly). Instead we were encouraged to see the better output and contributed more and more, if it would have been other way around it surely have not been in todays condition.

Now I know And that is why I have suggested the users to not agree to anyone in any call for purity. Keep writing/editing whether the outcome is good or not. Dont be blind follower in focus of better outcome. Later your work will be judged for that person and not for the outcome as did by sathyeswar.

You people are doing a great job. Will curely contribute too.

As rightly pointed by Jitender Hooda, many members, including him, have contributed nicely in forum threads. Jitender Hooda gave inputs on desi words, with meanings which were put by me directly in dictionary section. Sunita Hooda compiled idioms and proverbs which are now part of proverbs section. Their efforts have borne fruit though they themselves have not edited wiki so far. Now, Haryanavi Language page has several sections – dictionary, grammar, folklore, music, desi names, idioms and phrases and even jokes. Many members have put nice jokes which I later put on wiki, after converting them into Devnagari. Members have also given inputs in threads like “Famous Jat People” and Burdak ji has utilized these inputs in Jat History at wiki. As Satyeswar has written, the site’s software recognizes only the editor of the page. Nevertheless, pages on language, folklore etc. are results of members’ common efforts though Burdak ji and myself have been overseeing and making corrections/ additions on a regular basis.

Earlier, I was also not very familiar with wiki and did not know that a database for each contributor is created automatically.

Pages on villages and gotras are now containing rich and valuable information. Members may take interest in editing them further. Wiki pages are stationary and they do not go into oblivion (date wise) like threads.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Satyeshwar Bhai is Kaapi Paste material pe bhi kuchh rok lao,,,,,aadhi jagah her rhe se ar saari ranking ki raad macha di

Arr jis jis update mai mera naam aave sai wey bhi hata dyo....log bag sharmaatey sharmatey request karein sain....:psirf wey update laao jin mai sunitahooda word kittey bi na deekhta ho:D
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

When I delete messages from my VM book then they are 'soft' deleted. Neither the deleted messages nor their notifications are visible to anyone except the profile owner or perhaps the moderators. But as a profile owner I do not like to read "This message has been deleted by sumitsehrawat." every time I delete one. The reasons of deleting VMs vary and let's not stress too much on that. The problem is that these message reports stay in the VM book and make it look uselessly full.

I wish to keep my VM book enabled and clean. Could something be done about it? Maybe once deleted the respective VMs could be permanently deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    As rightly pointed by Jitender Hooda, many members, including him, have contributed nicely in forum threads. Jitender Hooda gave inputs on desi words, with meanings which were put by me directly in dictionary section. Sunita Hooda compiled idioms and proverbs which are now part of proverbs section. Their efforts have borne fruit though they themselves have not edited wiki so far.
    Deswalji,

The names of Sunitaji and Jintendraji can be put on the discussion page of respective articles to recognize their contributions. That can be the only corrective step.

regards,
    Last edited by lrburdak; January 30th, 2009 at 08:40 AM.
    Laxman Burdak

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Laxman ji

please clear one doubt of mine. I was going threw he list of villages in delhi it shows only 36 villages but when we go to the main page most of the delhi villages are their the list.
    why the most of those villages are not their in the list of villages in delhi.

please do something in this matter or tell me what i can do rectify the list.

Regards

Aneesh Rana

Aneeshji,

The Jat villages page gives a list of villages added by the members. When info ia provided after creating a page for it we categorize villages. So Jat Villages in Delhi is a category at the bottom of an article page about a village in Delhi. Some of villages on Jatland Wiki are yet red or black means no info is there about these villages and no page is created for them. All the villages in Jat Villages in Delhi are blue means have pages on Jatland wiki. This category list is automatically generated once you put a category. We need not to put names added on these pages. All such villages given this category will appear automatically. Hope it is clear now.
    Laxman Burdak

Hi everyone,
    For anyone who isn't fully content with Blueberry style, I have also added curves. You can choose your style by going to the bottom left corner of any page and select the style from there.
    WIKI edits are showing up below everyone's profile and it has led to some starking discoveries. Extremely popular members at Jatland posts have little to none WIKI entries! I am myself guilty of not adding much there and I plan to rectify this situation by adding whatever information I have. If any of you have ever wanted to contributed to Jatland, here is a great chance! Give the gift of knowledge to Jatland. Even if you don't know much about Jats, I am certain that you can enter something about your own village or Gotra. Just one warning, do not copy paste this information from other sites (put everything in your own words)! Search engines like Google start lowering our rank thinking that we are stealing information which makes it harder for new members to find Jatland.
    Happy WIKIing!
    -Satyeshwar

Dear satyeshwer Bhai,
    I am unable to see the pics of members with their posts. Is there something wrong with my explorer or you have done the same.

:tamatar:boxing" Live Every Day As If It Was Your Last, And One Day You Will Be Right!"
    .................¤ॐ¤..............
    :p"लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
    बाऩध साफा जब गाबरू तयार होते....
    देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके....
    और कहते ......
    काश हम भी जाट होते........

Need to fix this Vivek...

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    As rightly pointed by Jitender Hooda, many members, including him, have contributed nicely in forum threads. Jitender Hooda gave inputs on desi words, with meanings which were put by me directly in dictionary section. Sunita Hooda compiled idioms and proverbs which are now part of proverbs section. Their efforts have borne fruit though they themselves have not edited wiki so far. Now, Haryanavi Language page has several sections – dictionary, grammar, folklore, music, desi names, idioms and phrases and even jokes. Many members have put nice jokes which I later put on wiki, after converting them into Devnagari. Members have also given inputs in threads like “Famous Jat People” and Burdak ji has utilized these inputs in Jat History at wiki. As Satyeswar has written, the site’s software recognizes only the editor of the page. Nevertheless, pages on language, folklore etc. are results of members’ common efforts though Burdak ji and myself have been overseeing and making corrections/ additions on a regular basis.

Earlier, I was also not very familiar with wiki and did not know that a database for each contributor is created automatically.

Pages on villages and gotras are now containing rich and valuable information. Members may take interest in editing them further. Wiki pages are stationary and they do not go into oblivion (date wise) like threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by lrburdak View Post
    Deswalji,

The names of Sunitaji and Jintendraji can be put on the discussion page of respective articles to recognize their contributions. That can be the only corrective step.

regards,
    This is what I wanted. There are many things written by somebody else and put on wikki by others. Like Sanjeet Ahlawat, Sunita Hooda, Dharampal Ji ... So I feel that if somebody else is putting others creation on wikki then his/her name can be quoted there with no harm.

Hope this will be implemented now and we can see the names as Laxman ji have suggested.

In future we can ask the person himself to put his creation on wikki rather than pasting under our name.

I feel there should be some lines drawn on wiki share.

We are putting authors name on some and cant put the same on others why?

DnD ji and Laxman Ji are doing great job in compiling. There is no match for them.

But
    still they have picked many a things from others writeups. It is always better to mention his/her name.

1) Either we should ask the author only to put the material on wiki
    OR
    2) We shouldnot hesitate to mention the writers/original authors name in the wiki section too. We can do like Author:ABC and Compilation by: XYZ
    If contributors are many then we can provide the link of JL thread or something similar.

Like in the link below

http://www.jatland.com/home/%E0%A4%A...A4%BE%E0%A4%B0

was picked from

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...highlight=teej

like the dictionary thread
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...light=treasure

and
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12762

I got help from two members for Rajasthani dictionary So I did their acknowledgment on Rajasthani_Language as under:

Rajasthani Language online Web Dictionary has been prepared by me in consultation with my wife Gomati Burdak. She has been instrument for providing the exact words of Rajasthani Language and their pronunciations. Nidhi Jethoo from Jaipur also contributed large number of words.

This can be seen on

http://www.jatland.com/home/Talk:Rajasthani_Language

This can be one way.

Other way is that all authors can put their names at the bottom. Initially there will be one author name but when later on other person adds some content he can put his name at second in order and so on. For example

Authors

1. DN Deswal

2.Sunita Hooda

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak