Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements needed for Jatland

Thumbs down

For the all the noise about getting credit, why don't people just go in and make changes themselves! Yes, some of us made wiki contributions that are not reflected in the history tab. Terrible!!! Now that everyone knows, lets get on with it.

I do not think it is appropriate to name contributors to a wiki article in the article body itself, especially popular articles that many people contribute to. For articles substantially written by one person/group AND with a lot of content, one could make an case for naming them (still a weak case in my view). Over time, as more people contribute to the article, the attribution ought to be removed.

The History tab tracks all contributions/changes (at least going forward). We track total edits by users in the wiki in the forum profile as well.

By naming "authors" you make it less likely for others to pitch in. Also what qualifies? What if someone make one small change ? One big change? What is small or big? Who decides?

Wiki as a concept is collaborative content creation, and not a tool for direct attribution (It is not a blog), so let us not recreate the purpose of the medium. According to wikipedia, "A wiki is a page or collection of Web pages designed to enable anyone who accesses it to contribute or modify content, using a simplified markup language." (emphasis mine)

The wiki is equally accessible by everyone. Everyone has pretty much the same right and ability to edit every page (except a few pages main navigation pages that only mods can edit). There is no "ownership" of pages. We should keep it that way.

This is not something that needs to be discussed ad infinitum. The mods can decide on a policy on this, if needed. For me as a member, the very concept of the wiki provides a good enough answer.

aur kaee chijje jud gi profile me
    Satty bhai, ye point, level, activity percentage, activity credits ko samjhayenge pl
    The never-ending task : Self Improvement

Points and Activity System

Hi everyone,
    Several of you may have seen points and activity bars in your profile as well as in your threads, and may be wondering what they are all about. Hopefully, this post should clear all your doubts.

We want to encourage activity and positive contribution at Jatland. Several factors will lead to your overall points. For example, how many people do you refer Jatland to (when a new person becomes a member, they can put your name as the referrer), how many album pictures you have, how many friends you have, how many threads you start or take part in, how many social group discussion you are involved in etc. All of the above (and more such stats) will factor in an overall score that will automatically be calculated for you.
    If we find that you are making a lot of WIKI updates, we can also award you points! We want to really encourage WIKI activity as that leads to a complete and authoritative source of information for everyone.

Activity is going to be how many days are you present on Jatland and on those days that you are present, how many threads are you a part of.

BTW, Infractions will hurt your overall score considerably. So please try to avoid them!

-Satyeshwar
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Satyeshwar is it possible to give an option to PRONOUNCE the words in Wiki section as it is given in www.dictionary.com? So that the reader gets an idea how to speak words properly and can use effectively?
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Will look into this Sunita. Good suggestion!

In Top 5 stats only these 4 are shown? Can we add one more to this....any one like most Wiki Updates....
    User Stats-

Newest Members
    Top Posters
    Top Thread Starters
    Top Referrers

Apart from this i wish to pacify my curiosity about the newly added feature below names- The activity percentage / Level & Points, what do they mean and how these are added/counted? Many must be wondering like me
    Last edited by sunitahooda; February 3rd, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Several of you may have seen points and activity bars in your profile as well as in your threads, and may be wondering what they are all about. Hopefully, this post should clear all your doubts.

We want to encourage activity and positive contribution at Jatland. Several factors will lead to your overall points. For example, how many people do you refer Jatland to (when a new person becomes a member, they can put your name as the referrer), how many album pictures you have, how many friends you have, how many threads you start or take part in, how many social group discussion you are involved in etc. All of the above (and more such stats) will factor in an overall score that will automatically be calculated for you.
    If we find that you are making a lot of WIKI updates, we can also award you points! We want to really encourage WIKI activity as that leads to a complete and authoritative source of information for everyone.

Activity is going to be how many days are you present on Jatland and on those days that you are present, how many threads are you a part of.

BTW, Infractions will hurt your overall score considerably. So please try to avoid them!

-Satyeshwar
    Great Work Bagh and i hope that u already had this point in analysing before giving the points to individual that people who are droping irrelevant and useless posts should not get any positive points and it should have work against their scores.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Bhai Sateyshwar, ye naye naye Bar Diagram kis cheej ke se,,,,meri activity to 100% se par bhai Level kati dharti ke maah bithyaa raakhya se,,,,iska ke criteria hai

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Will look into this Sunita. Good suggestion!

Bagh...manna batayiye iss nai....fer yo double active ho jaga....Arr Sachin activity 100% ka matlab sai akk tu bhatera active sai....aur kimme kar ley ibb:pBakass dey JL nai
    Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    Bhai Sateyshwar, ye naye naye Bar Diagram kis cheej ke se,,,,meri activity to 100% se par bhai Level kati dharti ke maah bithyaa raakhya se,,,,iska ke criteria hai

Talking

Dekh lo sab adey apne apne level...
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php

Mera level 40 hai... mushkil paas huya hu kati borderline pe :D:D!!

aur dekho...

http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=earn
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=stats

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post

The activity percentage / Level & Points, what do they mean and how these are added/counted? Many must be wondering like me

Activity mein to mera number sabte aage se,,,,,,,bas Level kati dharti mein se

Quote Originally Posted by sumitsehrawat View Post
    Dekh lo sab adey apne apne level...
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php

Mera level 40 hai... mushkil paas huya hu kati borderline pe :D:D!!

aur dekho...

http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=earn
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=stats

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=83

Read the last sentence of this post.

Bhai aapne k dukh se... award te mil he gaya... Sitewide activity Award !!
    http://www.jatland.com/forums/xperience.php?go=awards
    Activity mein to mera number sabte aage se,,,,,,,bas Level kati dharti mein se

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Wiki Edits kay kitne point hai

Wiki Edits ke itne points karne se nuksaan hi hoga :o

Har koi do ek line likh aayega chahe kuch pata ho ya na :rolleyes:

What about the quality?

And now points on number of posts - what about the quality?

In all the criterias for assigning points - quantity matters !!

Shweta bobbo, don't u think it is a tedious task to evaluate the quality of a post? I think there is no other way to determine the quality of a post except manual process. Who is raedy to take it up?
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Quote Originally Posted by shweta123 View Post

What about the quality?

Yes, these are valid suggestions. Jatland Wiki is a useful source of information. Please do contribute generously without caring for points. "karm karo, phal ki ichha mat karo".

Someone had written objectionable remarks in the wiki page attributed to Ch. Ajit Singh - "he is a good example of opportunism and bhai-bhatijawad". I had to remove it and requested Mods to warn the concerned member.

So, please contribute positively in wiki. Please do not take it as a fun - as is being done in discussion forum threads (by certain members). Negative remarks against Jat personalities etc. in wiki pages could lead to infraction and your points will plummet to zero !
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    Shweta bobbo, don't u think it is a tedious task to evaluate the quality of a post? I think there is no other way to determine the quality of a post except manual process. Who is raedy to take it up?
    Then why to give numbers for it at all ! There are people all posts of whom are just 'hahahaaa', 'Nice' etc etc. I mean which is nowhere a post worth a penny.

Even we people do write silly things on spur of a moment. Then, counting such things and assigning points for the same means nothing !

yes you are right people are hell bent on quantity only, and my single point agenda is to expose the so called veneer of truth

Quote Originally Posted by shweta123 View Post

What about the quality?

i don't think this points and activity graph will be used for any prize

Satyeshwar ji pehlam e aade thoda khosda bajai hai ke???
    ib saare active ho jyange .
    ar jab thode se jat active hon mein e aade kackad mach gya to saare active hoye pache ke hoga?????:thappad:thappad:thappad

this change is not good
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep