Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements needed for Jatland

Improvements needed for Jatland

Dear Sateswar,

I suggest some Changes needed for Jatland:

1. Jatland Wiki had a system of peculiar alert system of messages. When one opened a page on Wiki a coloured strip with message used to appear prominently. After integration this has stopped. It may be restored.

2.Jatland Wiki shows number of views of each article. Is it possible to bifurcate views by members and guests ? The forums main page shows this bifurcation. This will indicate the popularity of a page.

3. Jatland shows number of posts contributed by member on Forums only. It does not include posts on Wiki. Is it possible to integrate forums with Wiki contribution so that all posts are included in this number?

4. Jatland Wiki has a user page. It is meant for his personal info of the member. Presently not many members are using this page. Can user page be integrated with the profile of member on Forums?

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Additionally, on the home page (http://www.jatland.com/) the button "Jatland Wiki" may be highlighted more prominently (making the font big or placing it within some coloured circle etc.). Purpose should be to attract more readers by clicking the link on the home page itself.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Dear Burdak ji,
    Some of these things are definitely possible. Please give me some time to make the changes (perhaps a week or two).
    -Satyeshwar
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Hi Satyeshwar,

One suggestion from my side:

Earlier, there used to be a newletter from Jatland admins..where recent updates about the jatland were sent to email id of members....

Can we have that facility now as well...because, I feel that many people join and forget about jatland. If we keep sending a monthly newsletter, they will know about the happenings here and they will definitely come back and be active !

May be, we can form a newsletter team for this purpose if needed....

Regards,
    Anil

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Dear Burdak ji,
    Some of these things are definitely possible. Please give me some time to make the changes (perhaps a week or two).
    -Satyeshwar

good suggestion Sangwan bhai, this news letter apart from keeping the site live will also help in sending sort of reminders as well as latest updates.:rock

Quote Originally Posted by anilsangwan View Post
    Hi Satyeshwar,

One suggestion from my side:

Earlier, there used to be a newletter from Jatland admins..where recent updates about the jatland were sent to email id of members....

Can we have that facility now as well...because, I feel that many people join and forget about jatland. If we keep sending a monthly newsletter, they will know about the happenings here and they will definitely come back and be active !

May be, we can form a newsletter team for this purpose if needed....

Regards,
    Anil

Quote Originally Posted by satyeshwar View Post
    Dear Burdak ji,
    -Satyeshwar
    Thanks Sateshwar ji,

There is a soft ware available on Wikipedia for Wki counts, Which may be helpful in Wiki counts of users:

http://toolserver.org/~interiot/cgi-...bname=enwiki_p

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Laxman Burdak
    Wiki Editor

Wiki Edits: 0

Just in light humor, Burdak ji. Your Wiki Edits are currently reflected as zero ! Strange isn't it ?

Hope the wiki post-count will start soon in member profiles.

तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Uncle ji jab e to itne dukhi ho rahe hain ye

Satyeshwar ji inke chehre par thodi muskan lao

Kime CHANDA karna ho to wo bhi bata dyo par in gel to isa dhokha na karo
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

As I mentioned earlier, please give me some time to make these changes. There are some MAJOR changes coming everyone's way soon!
    There is a place in Delhi named "Rani Bagh". I say its irony at it's fullest!

Bagh one more suggestion if its possible.
    Is it possible that one could not save the album pictures of others on their system?
    Like earliers on Orkut people could have the Pics of other members but now they can't do that. Is it possible to do same here on JL.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Quote Originally Posted by Nishantrathi82 View Post
    Is it possible that one could not save the album pictures of others on their system?
    Like earliers on Orkut people could have the Pics of other members but now they can't do that. Is it possible to do same here on JL.
    My Tech savy friend There is a print screen button on your keyboard
    press it and press paste in Paint u can still copy that.
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Nishu,
    Even pictures on Orkut can be copied easily !
    Ping me if you want to know how !

Nishant, there is a simple javascript which disables right-click event on the webpage. However, this trick works only for the naive users. You can either choose Rakesh's way to copy a picture or just hop in to temporary internet files folders the photo must have been downloaded in the folder. So, I believe its not feasible.
    PS: I use Mozilla v 3.0.5 and can copy photos from orkut simply with a right-click.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevnandal View Post
    Nishu,
    Even pictures on Orkut can be copied easily !
    Ping me if you want to know how !
    Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    Nishant, there is a simple javascript which disables right-click event on the webpage. However, this trick works only for the naive users. You can either choose Rakesh's way to copy a picture or just hop in to temporary internet files folders the photo must have been downloaded in the folder. So, I believe its not feasible.
    PS: I use Mozilla v 3.0.5 and can copy photos from orkut simply with a right-click.

Sorry Guys i not that much intelligent as like you boys sorry for a bad suggestion.
    Plant one tree atleast

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    My Tech savy friend There is a print screen button on your keyboard
    press it and press paste in Paint u can still copy that.

Sorry Mr. Rakesh that way i know u can copy the things.But that doesn't mean that u leave the things like this only.
    Still we can see that many robery has been done in the banks and other secured places that doesn't mean that we should stop keeping security on those places. I beleive you got my point Mr. Rakesh.
    Plant one tree atleast

Bagh Today i saw some good changes on JL. They are looking nice, Great work Satyeshwer g Keep it up.
    Plant one tree atleast

Sorry Mr. Rakesh that way i know u can copy the things.But that doesn't mean that u leave the things like this only.
    Still we can see that many robery has been done in the banks and other secured places that doesn't mean that we should stop keeping security on those places. I beleive you got my point Mr. Rakesh.
    If you feel so insecure they it is better to keep your pics/docs personel in your desktop/laptop. why you want to share ???Sharing means sharing not putting your valuables in a safe. :tamatar

I appreciate changes going on. But threads also needs to be updated and checked.
    One suggestion that i think needs to be implimented we can delete unnecessary replies and quotes on a thread like (for ex. humour section) repeated jokes can be deleted same you can do with replies and the cream can be made a single thread. it will be better for everyone so that one can see before repeating. i know this will reduce the posts of a member but i don't think that anyone mind such type of things.i wont mind if my posts goes to 10 but atleast that will be the best of me.We can give rating to that thread instead of just hahaha , good one, keep pouring etc. for new threads it is fine to post replies for locked threads it will be better that they are shortned or unnecessary threads just go to garbage store.
    Last edited by rakeshsehrawat; January 16th, 2009 at 09:51 AM.

Gotras link

Dear Sateshwar,

Good changes are taking place !!!
    We have got very good information about Jat Gotras on Jatland Wiki. kindly give a tab link on main page at the top for Gotras

Right now we have tabs:

Jatland Wiki --- People --- Jatland Forums --- Jat Matrimonials --- Contact Us

Regards,
    Laxman Burdak

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    If you feel so insecure they it is better to keep your pics/docs personel in your desktop/laptop. why you want to share ???Sharing means sharing not putting your valuables in a safe. :tamatar

I appreciate changes going on. But threads also needs to be updated and checked.
    One suggestion that i think needs to be implimented we can delete unnecessary replies and quotes on a thread like (for ex. humour section) repeated jokes can be deleted same you can do with replies and the cream can be made a single thread. it will be better for everyone so that one can see before repeating. i know this will reduce the posts of a member but i don't think that anyone mind such type of things.i wont mind if my posts goes to 10 but atleast that will be the best of me.We can give rating to that thread instead of just hahaha , good one, keep pouring etc. for new threads it is fine to post replies for locked threads it will be better that they are shortned or unnecessary threads just go to garbage store.
    Good suggestion, Rakesh. Today, the following statistics appear:

Threads: 21,285, Posts: 184,098, Members: 12,430, Active Members: 2,010
    Welcome to our newest member, BaliyanSanjeev
    We have 12430 members, with Active members just 2010. Since some reformatting is being done, it is suggested that membership of those who have not made a login over the last two years and have 0 posts to their credit, should be deleted. They are free to get membership afresh. Get some cleaning drive for some time. Delete unnecessary "happy birthday" type threads posted during last years and delete some unnecessary "hahaha" or "thank you" type posts.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Thumbs up Nice...!!

Good work... I liked the latest updates.
    ek ye "Tops reputations" waala link nahi chal raha... I am sure humaare Dev Uncle jeet rahe honge waha pe bhi... !