Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: @@ Battle of the genders ....

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by poonam View Post
    Shweta, let me be upfront...and confess I skimmed thru wot you wrote (title was enough to guess the contents of the post )..No leg pulling..just an honest confession!

Democracy hai ,, you have every right to express what you feel, so not dissecting/commenting/reviewing here. Just one point, I want to draw your attention to.

As I said, while I was on a birds eye view of your post what caught my attention was your statement in red. I strongly disagree, yaar domestic front per cerebral kuchh nahin chahiye...sirf physical chahiye! You certainly need cerebral power at work though! I dont think I need to elaborate this.

Yahan thoda basic technical fault laga which I couldnt digest, so pointed out. Hope you wont be offended!

P.S. On the topic, I guess Col Malik posted something very apt and intelligent regarding gender/fair sex (I totally venerate him ....he is one chivalrous guy and absolute gentleman I've come across in my life), could someone please pull out the link? Everyone (read men) here must read it ..
    Poonam I am surprised that you have quite narrowly interpreted the term ‘domestic front’ while analyzing my statement and haven’t read between the lines !

Now I didn’t thought I will have to explicate this term which has immeasurable dimensions & coverage, but still I am trying. :o

Domestic front is the arena which never lets a person to win and neither it lets him to quit it !

Though males too have a significant role to play on the household front, but their responsibility is more of broad nature, rather than it being spread across many tiny chores as is the case with the women.

The domestic front is full of newer responsibilities, tasks, odd jobs etc and is a never ending scuffle. Consequently, it leads to anxiety, qualms & stress and is a burden filled, yet inexorable responsibility.

And in case you still aren’t satisfied with the explanation, here comes few examples of what domestic front consists of when I say that it consumes lots of cerebral strength:

- Household works that needs to be done at regular intervals like cooking/getting cooked food two or three times a day, get the dishes cleaned, clothes washed/dry cleaned & ironed keeping into mind which cloth is to washed in what manner as per the type of garment,

- Making a budget and control of expenditures,

- Buying food products, vegetables, spices, beverages, breads, milk etc apart from other regular purchases

- Keeping record of which articles of daily use needs to be procured from market

- Paying the various bills

- Cleaning/getting cleaned the house

- Taking out the trash from various corners of the house from time to time

- Explicit decision–making relating to the household including catering to urgent need for household repairs orcalling an electrician, plumber etc

- Bearing a child and subsequent child–care,

- Making a child ready for school, arranging his school bag, looking at the homework given to him, guiding him in each & every activity & explaining to him various ifs & buts

- Taking care of her husband and sharing his tension he may be carrying from his workplace, looking forward to his needs which he not even mentions, giving an empathetic shoulder to him etc

- Maintaining healthy relations with the family, relatives, circle of friends at work & otherwise, attending various socializing events, deciding & purchasing various customary gifts etc to be given or exchanged at various occasions

- And the list goes on ………….

And believe me this is just beginning of the explanation of this vast term. It imbibes lots of other moral, phsycological, mental, physical duties, responsibilities etc !

Hope you will be able to digest it

saari cheej theek se,,,,par thoda saa chhota karke likhyaa karo:D,,,,,haade to bas 3-4 line padh ke jawab tyaar karyaa karraaa,,,,ib itnaa laamba sauda,,,kit te ke chhante

I agree managing home is not an easy task, it requires lot of planning and mental exercises

Quote Originally Posted by shweta123 View Post
    Poonam I am surprised that you have quite narrowly interpreted the term ‘domestic front’ while analyzing my statement and haven’t read between the lines !

Now I didn’t thought I will have to explicate this term which has immeasurable dimensions & coverage, but still I am trying. :o

Domestic front is the arena which never lets a person to win and neither it lets him to quit it !

Though males too have a significant role to play on the household front, but their responsibility is more of broad nature, rather than it being spread across many tiny chores as is the case with the women.

The domestic front is full of newer responsibilities, tasks, odd jobs etc and is a never ending scuffle. Consequently, it leads to anxiety, qualms & stress and is a burden filled, yet inexorable responsibility.

And in case you still aren’t satisfied with the explanation, here comes few examples of what domestic front consists of when I say that it consumes lots of cerebral strength:

- Household works that needs to be done at regular intervals like cooking/getting cooked food two or three times a day, get the dishes cleaned, clothes washed/dry cleaned & ironed keeping into mind which cloth is to washed in what manner as per the type of garment,

- Buying food products, vegetables, spices, beverages, breads, milk etc apart from other regular purchases

- Keeping record of which articles of daily use needs to be procured from market

- Explicit decision–making relating to the household including catering to urgent need for household repairs orcalling an electrician, plumber etc

- Making a child ready for school, arranging his school bag, looking at the homework given to him, guiding him in each & every activity & explaining to him various ifs & buts

- Taking care of her husband and sharing his tension he may be carrying from his workplace, looking forward to his needs which he not even mentions, giving an empathetic shoulder to him etc

- Maintaining healthy relations with the family, relatives, circle of friends at work & otherwise, attending various socializing events, deciding & purchasing various customary gifts etc to be given or exchanged at various occasions

And believe me this is just beginning of the explanation of this vast term. It imbibes lots of other moral, phsycological, mental, physical duties, responsibilities etc !

Interesting......

A favorite topic at JATLAND, that is interesting, controversial and non conclusive. One can take sides only at your own risk. It is ironic that we are trying to compare things that are complimentary to each other. It is human (male & female) nature to conclude that one is superior and not accept other’s point of view. And there can be no people more passionate in discussion than us.

Leaving aside the mythological aspects and thinking purely in terms of evolution of mankind, one wonders whether the earliest man/woman thought in the same terms as we think today. Did the earliest man ever think of himself as superior to the women of his flock or tribe? Did he feel proud or superior when he protected his women from wild animals or other male members? Similarly, do we feel proud or superior when we as men or women do something for each other?

There is a lot of difference between real life and discussions to prove a point. It is often seen that those of us who talk of liberty, freedom and equality in public do not practice these in our private lives. I am reminded of a quote: “O Liberty, what crimes are not committed in thy name”.

Being physically stronger than women has no meaning when a man overlooks crimes being committed against women, either in his own house or in the neighborhood. What use such masculinity? For those who want to see this masculinity in practice, travel in a Haryana Roadways bus and see how boys behave with young school going girls. Yes, these specimen (who will become men and never know what respect for women means) display total superiority of their gender.

Given genuine equal opportunities, both sexes are capable of achieving what they want to. Education is one pill that must open up the mind towards tolerance and acceptability of each other. It is only then that we will stop comparing and deciding who is superior. In any case what is the necessity to decide so? We are living in a society that worships goddesses and denigrates women.

There is another dichotomy. It is taken as natural for a male to do what he feels like, but a taboo for women to do so. A man can look at women and pass comments as to how he wished he could do this or that, but all hell will break loose if his better half was to express the same sentiments. Then we will do what has been easiest for a male to do, since ages, and that is to pass judgment on the character of women. Then kill / burn them because it is a male dominated society!!

In my view both are equal and out of 100 points, I believe womenfolk deserve 51, if not more. The only way to enlightenment is: respect your parents (whatever or whosoever they are), respect your sisters (if one does not have a sister, adopt one), love your daughters and respect your wife. If you do that, you are a truly wonderful individual.

Ek kaam nahin kar sakti bhai chhori: Truck ka tyre nahin badal sakti!!!!!!!

With regards,

JS Malik
    JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

(Ein Volk - Ein Reich - Ein Fuhrer)

Bhaio.
    kadey thamney issa suna se ke din ke bina raat ki koi value hai ya pher raat ke bina din ki...
    Jaise cycle ke dono tyro main ladai ho jaye ki kis ke saharey cycle chal rahi hai......

baki aap log samajhdaar ho
    Lost my cell..All are requested to send your contact details with name pls...

Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.

Deshwal Bhai We is in agreement with you, but still we all should keep fighting endlessly on this topic:D

Quote Originally Posted by satyenderdeswal View Post
    Bhaio.
    kadey thamney issa suna se ke din ke bina raat ki koi value hai ya pher raat ke bina din ki...
    Jaise cycle ke dono tyro main ladai ho jaye ki kis ke saharey cycle chal rahi hai......

baki aap log samajhdaar ho

Quote Originally Posted by jagmohan View Post
    ...........It is ironic that we are trying to compare things that are complimentary to each other.............. It is human (male & female) nature to conclude that one is superior and not accept other’s point of view.
    Sir, to clear my stand once again, I am in NO mood to compare both the genders and strive towards any end result by concluding who is superior ! I have no doubts about the complimentary & supplementary roles of both the genders.

It is NOT a comparison, but often its quite unfortunate to hear sentences like the ones I mentioned by picking them up from some thread at this place. Few more views which the men have for women:

1-
    Hum parivaarik mahol mey reh hai padosee bhee bana dengey khana to kya galat hai per banaigee koi aurat hee.
    Quote:

2-
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shwetadhaka
    kyo aap aurato pe itne ghanee dependent ho ki khana tak nahi banta !!

shweta ji khana bina dimak ka insaan bhi bna sakta hai .
    isliye ye kaam aap logo ko sonp rakha sai .

3-
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jyotikohar
    ya to bahoot hi galat baat kah di ji aapne.................is baat ka matlab to aap apni ma tak ki respect nahi karte........

bahutaey bowli baat kah di hooda ji

yahi to muskil hai jyoti ji aap logo se bahas karne me .
    kisi tark ka attar dete nhi banta hai to maa or bahan ko bich
    me le aati ho. time chahe koi bhi ho
    aourto me mard se kam hi
    dimak hota hai
    . aap ne maa ki baat uthai chalo mujh se to mamy me
    dimak jyada hi hoga . par papa se to kam hi hoga nai

Phir bhi ek baat to hai...
    main jab bhi drive karta hu aur koi ladki two wheeler ya car drive kar rahi ho to bahut jayada distance rakhta hu....confused!!!!!!!!
    Apni Jaan pyari hai bhai....
    JUST JOKING....HA HA HA
    Lost my cell..All are requested to send your contact details with name pls...

Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.

No Male without Female(In Existense) and No Female without Male(In Existense).
    So keep Rocking Together.:rock
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

कर्नल साहब, ट्रक का तो शायद ना भी बदल्या जा पर झोटे बग्गी का ते जरुर ऐ बदल देंगी !
    खैर ये तो मजाक की बात हुई, पर ये भी सचाई है कि हर क्षेत्र में सक्षम, बराबर कि भागेदारी और सफलताओं के कीर्तिमान स्थापित करने के बावजूद भी हमारे समाज में नारी को बराबरी का दर्जा हासिल नही हो सका है !

खासकर हमारे समाज में (जाट) ये भेदबाव लड़की के जन्म से ही शुरू हो जाता है, और सायद सदियों से चला आ रह है !
    ग्रामीण परिवेश से आए सभी भाई बहिन जानते हैं , जब घर में बचा जन्म लेता हैं , उस ख़बर को सगे संबधियों तक पंहुचाने के तरीके से ही जाहिर होता है कि लड़के लड़की दर्जा बराबर नही है ! जिस घर में बेटा पैदा होता है , वहां थाली बजा कर खुसी का इजहार किया जाता है और जहाँ लड़की पैदा होती , वहां माँ बेटी के तिरस्कार का ने ख़तम होने वाला सिलसिला सुरु हो जाता है !

लड़के के ननिहाल में , गुड कि भेल्ली या मीठाई आदि भेज कर, जल्दी से जल्दी समाचार पहुँचा दिया जाता है ! लड़की पैदा होने पर चिठ्ठी भर लिखने का उत्साह नही होता ! लड़की कि नानी, कोई समाचार न मिलने से समझ जाती है कि उसकी लाडली के दुखों का एक और अध्याय और सुरु हो गया है !

आपने ये भी सही फरमाया है कि हम अपने घर और आस पास, इस बुरी वृति को ख़तम कर समाज से समूल ख़तम करने में अपना सहयोग कर सकते हैं !
    स्वेता जी आप सही कह रही हैं बल्कि में तो यहाँ तक कहूँगा कि अगर लड़के और लड़कियोंओ को बराबर सुविधाएँ उपलब्ध होने पर लड़कियां लड़कोनो को पीछे छोड़ सकती हैं ! उन में भी असीम गुण और सक्षमताएँ हैं!

खुश रहो !
    Last edited by spdeshwal; February 6th, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    स्वेता जी आप सही कह रही हैं बल्कि में तो यहाँ तक कहूँगा कि अगर लड़के और लड़कियोंओ को बराबर सुविधाएँ उपलब्ध होने पर लड़कियां लड़कोनो को पीछे छोड़ सकती हैं ! उन में भी असीम गुण और सक्षमताएँ हैं!

खुश रहो !
    100% Agree with u sir
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

HAHAHAHAHA:rock
    Madam bholi ho rhi hai k ye saare ka kaam te aadmi bhi kar sakte

harayanvi me likha hai abb bhi samjh me na aye to alag baat hai

"The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems,
    but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect..."

Dilbag Malik

Quote Originally Posted by spdeshwal View Post
    आपने ये भी सही फरमाया है कि हम अपने घर और आस पास, इस बुरी वृति को ख़तम कर समाज से समूल ख़तम करने में अपना सहयोग कर सकते हैं !

खुश रहो !
    Ye pehla reply hai jise sun kar laga ki ye on-topic hai

I just intended that the people who discard the role of women in various spheres and those who look down upon them, should peep into their mind and think once again that they are overlooking something really worth it.

Few men play a 'women card' to make a woman feel embarassed when she does something out of the ordinary or beyond their expectations, by passing statements like 'tumne aurat ho kar bhi acha kaam kiya hai' ya fir 'tum ek aurat ho aur tumko ye kaam shobha nahi deta' ya 'ladki ho na tumhari koi galti nahi hai, tumse hoga nahi' etc etc.....

If a woman is not competent in some work, then this incomepetency should not be associated with her being a woman :rolleyes:

Atleast people can start acknowledging the achievements made by females in their family & those around and treat them just as any other human being. It is not something which is to be shown to the society, it is something to be felt & practised.

Since long, women have received a secondary treatment. Its easy to say otherwise, but truth comes on surface no matter what. Atleast keep trying to throw away rotten thoughts and pump in some newer air.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bagamalik View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA:rock
    Madam bholi ho rhi hai k ye saare ka kaam te aadmi bhi kar sakte

harayanvi me likha hai abb bhi samjh me na aye to alag baat hai
    Par karte nahi hai ! Tum karte ho?

future me karoge ? Khana banaoge 3 time din me?
    aaloo, gazar, paalak, dahi, dhaniya masala, namak etc roz laaya karoge?
    pocha aur jhaddo lagaoge?

apne bache ki potty saaf karoge, usko nehlaoge, uski school ki kitaabe time table ke hisaab se lagoage, jaagoge uske sath raat bhar jab wo jagaayega ?

ghar pe mehmaan aayenge to unko kya lena dena khilaana pilaana hai karoge?

YOU just keep shut ! This is not a platform for your nonsense jokes:thappad

its fact we can't ignore the role women:tamatar

madam sun na dekhane ke baad laga hoga aapni badai to sabne aachhi lagti hai
    Ye pehla reply hai jise sun kar laga ki ye on-topic hai

I just intended that the people who discard the role of women in various spheres and those who look down upon them, should peep into their mind and think once again that they are overlooking something really worth it.

Few men play a 'women card' to make a woman feel embarassed when she does something out of the ordinary or beyond their expectations, by passing statements like 'tumne aurat ho kar bhi acha kaam kiya hai' ya fir 'tum ek aurat ho aur tumko ye kaam shobha nahi deta' ya 'ladki ho na tumhari koi galti nahi hai, tumse hoga nahi' etc etc.....

If a woman is not competent in some work, then this incomepetency should not be associated with her being a woman :rolleyes:

Atleast people can start acknowledging the achievements made by females in their family & those around and treat them just as any other human being. It is not something which is to be shown to the society, it is something to be felt & practised.

Since long, women have received a secondary treatment. Its easy to say otherwise, but truth comes on surface no matter what. Atleast keep trying to throw away rotten thoughts and pump in some newer air.

Dilbag Malik

a man is a dumb head without a woman . Hence Proved!!

I second you shweta bobbo....You have listed out all the responsilibilities of a woman on domestic front. I think noone can dare to neglect this. A woman shapes each and every spheres in a man"s life (exceptions are everywhere)

Kudos to you
    Become more and more innocent, less knowledgeable and more childlike. Take life as fun - because that's precisely what it is!

Yes I also supported Shweta's stand on how important and difficult it is to manage houshold courses, its not an easy task to keep everything in order and moving. Women have an important role to play, as i have said both the sexexs are complimentary to eachother. No question of comparision.

Kudos to They(Prashant-Because of extra respect)

Quote Originally Posted by prashantacmet View Post
    I second you shweta bobbo....You have listed out all the responsilibilities of a woman on domestic front. I think noone can dare to neglect this. A woman shapes each and every spheres in a man"s life (exceptions are everywhere)

Kudos to you

Thumbs down .

Jiski bajuon main dam hota hai use apne oopar poora bharosa hota hai ki wo hi jeetega, aur apne oppar bharosa hona kamjori ya bewkoofi nahi kehlata Mr. DALAL

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Bina battle kiye apne aap ko vijeta ghoshit karna na sirf bewkoofi, par kamzori ki bhi nishani hai..
    Ajay Verma

Quote Originally Posted by ajayverma1973 View Post
    Jiski bajuon main dam hota hai use apne oopar poora bharosa hota hai ki wo hi jeetega, aur apne oppar bharosa hona kamjori ya bewkoofi nahi kehlata Mr. DALAL
    aur bina battle kiye khud ko vijeta ghoshit karna duniya ki sabse badi kamjori hoti hai :rockaur khaas taur pe jab koi battle chal hi na raha ho kewal board pe likha ho 'battle' bevkoof banane ke liye - aur koi ban jaaye aur jeetne haarne ki baat karne lage :D

ha karta ke baat hogi but aap ne aaurto ke kaam ginane ke baad nue soch rhi hai gna bada tir mar diya .

aadmi bhhi bjhoot kam karte kher hum te ginwate kyo ki ya aadat te aaurto ki hi hoti hai wo aap ne kar di.
    :boxing

apne bache ki potty saaf karoge, usko nehlaoge, uski school ki kitaabe time table ke hisaab se lagoage, jaagoge uske sath raat bhar jab wo jagaayega ?

Dilbag Malik

Smile .

Karte hain madam sare kaam karte hain, waise ye bahut chhote mote kaam hain ladies in kaamo ko karke koi teer nahin maar leti.

Aur haan ek bar aur ye saare kaam wo hain jinmain na to adhik mansik aur na hi adhik sharirik shakti ki jarurat padti, isiliye inka jimma ladies ko diya jata hain.

NOW YOU SHOULD CONFESS THAT YOU HAVE INFERIORITY COMPLEX

Ajay Verma