Many of the threads have been plagued with the idea that men are better performers.

May be this is just another gender battle, but I would wish to have people’s opinion about this common statement that men are better.

Often people start comparing both the sexes and pass statements like: “Jo kam ladke karte hain woh kam ladkiyon ko shobha nahin dete aur jo kam ladkiyan karti hain wo ladko ko.
I think one should not copy each other aur han this is male dominated society and it should be, coz male can control the things better.”

AND maanana to padega, ek kaam karo aap ek survey karva ke dekh lyo ya phir khud kar ke dekh lo, How many (male/femal) Chairman, MD, CEO, CFO, HODs in India as well as abroad. Apne aap doodh ke doodh aur paani ka paani ho jyaga.”

I have no doubts about the fact that both these sexes are different in various aspects, viz physical strength, mental frame of mind, outlook towards things & events etc. But does this behavioral difference make women second-rated as compared to men?

Since ages, notions do talk of supremacy of men – is it just because they are physically strong and can easily catch up a dictating role?

Just imagine the cases & situations where a woman prefers to stay quite and let the men do the talking and take command of the situation (which people label as taking command of the lady !) – your mind can float with sights like :

- ‘is dar se ki log kya kahenge ki iski wife/behen/maa aisa kar rahi hai jo ki koi aur aurat ya ladki nahi karti hai’

- ‘agar maine is aadmi ki ye ghatiya baat nahi maani to bina wajah samaj me mere saath sath mere gharwaalo ki bhi badnaami hogi aur sab log mil ke hamara jeena mushkil kar denge’

- ‘ye kabhi nahi samajh sakta ki mai bhi ek insaan hu jisme sapne ye dekh ke nahi aate ki mai ek ladki hu …

- ‘mujhe bhi ye sab karma padega kyonki issi me sabki khushi hai aur kisi ko mere aisa karne se khushi milti hai to kyo na mai aisa karu’

Expectations – a women carries the burden of lots of expectations from her for lifetime, just the nature & magnitude of expectations changes with passage of time. Don’t you think that a lot is expected from a female on the domestic front which demands a lot of cerebral strength and is a strenuous task?

It is often seen that women are great suppressors of women too – but what makes them so?

We can’t let a girl go out all alone at midnight – but is it because of fear from animals or is it the men who are the fear factor?

Let it not just be a discussion ! Let us not undervalue the things that lie at the rear and go unobserved but are very crucial !