Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CRICKET - The Destroyer ?

Yeah, I too concur with Choudhary saab's quote .. Cricket is total waste of time, I find it too much boring. But I think 20-20 thingy is gud n can be tolerated !

Quote Originally Posted by vikasbhalothia View Post
    Once Choudary Charan Singh ji coment on the cricket "I havent seen any other game in world which played for 5 days and fhir bhi koi result nahi nikalta . ese sports ko to pagal hi khel shakte
    Last edited by cooljat; February 22nd, 2009 at 10:44 PM.
    .. " Until Lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunter! " ..

Cricket took birth in the rural surroundings of Britain, mainly as a “sunbathing game”. British colonialism was responsible for its spread in other parts of the world. Now, it is a ‘Commonwealth’ game i.e. it is played on those countries where Britain ruled or had its influence. In entire Europe, it is non-existent (except UK and Ireland). It is also non-existent in both continents of Western Hemisphere (North and South America), and a major part of Asia (northern parts like Russia, China etc., central Asian countries and the Arab world in the West Asia). Australia & NZ, tiny nations in the Caribbean and the Pacific, some countries in Africa and south Asia – the ‘commonwealth world’ - play cricket.

In Indian context, it is the electronic media which is giving cricket’s injection in the minds of young generation. Australians etc. also cling to their TV sets for watching cricket matches but their children do not play it in narrow streets or public parks (as is the case in India). Those interested, go to a proper playground or a stadium.

There is no harm that cricket should continue to be played in India. But this madness should stop. It is really diverting our energy, money and resources from other games and sports.

A century ago in Britain, test cricket used to be of five-and-a-half days’ duration, four hours each day – i.e. total 22 hours’ game. Famous English playwright George Bernard Shaw once wrote – Cricket is a game where 22 fools befool 22-thouand people for 22 hours !
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    Cricket took birth in the rural surroundings of Britain, mainly as a “sunbathing game”. British colonialism was responsible for its spread in other parts of the world. Now, it is a ‘Commonwealth’ game i.e. it is played on those countries where Britain ruled or had its influence. In entire Europe, it is non-existent (except UK and Ireland). It is also non-existent in both continents of Western Hemisphere (North and South America), and a major part of Asia (northern parts like Russia, China etc., central Asian countries and the Arab world in the West Asia). Australia & NZ, tiny nations in the Caribbean and the Pacific, some countries in Africa and south Asia – the ‘commonwealth world’ - play cricket.

In Indian context, it is the electronic media which is giving cricket’s injection in the minds of young generation. Australians etc. also cling to their TV sets for watching cricket matches but their children do not play it in narrow streets or public parks (as is the case in India). Those interested, go to a proper playground or a stadium.

There is no harm that cricket should continue to be played in India. But this madness should stop. It is really diverting our energy, money and resources from other games and sports.

A century ago in Britain, test cricket used to be of five-and-a-half days’ duration, four hours each day – i.e. total 22 hours’ game. Famous English playwright George Bernard Shaw once wrote – Cricket is a game where 22 fools befool 22-thouand people for 22 hours !
    uncle ji 22 hours ka match cricket ke kisi bhi format mein nahi hota. :D na hi sirf 22000 log ise dekhte hain.
    Sorry if i hurt anyone
    यार की खातिर जान भी दयुँ ना डर मर जाणे का. छोरा मैँ हरियाणे का

Quote Originally Posted by vivektaliyan View Post
    DND Sir,
    It's misfortune of our country. We are wasting money and time afterwards cricket. But what's about our national game and others game. We are not concerntrating on that. In olympics how many gold medals
    we had won with a huge population.

Stop promoting cricket .......And start helping the player of others games.
    Quote Originally Posted by vivektaliyan View Post
    Bhai...
    I don't have any problem with cricket but government should give a equal chance to grow all sports.

HAHAHAAH bhai tere ko problem hoone se kimme farak padta hai bhai.
    Sasta game hai kaahe bhi khhel lo media ussko dekhta hai jo public dekhna chahte hai. Koi kisse ke naakame k liye ziimedaar nahe hota Vijender, sushil jeete na Olympics me. So agar talent hai to u can do it haaan Cricket ko thoda extra benifit milta hai but usske peeche 1983 World Cup jeetna hai reason hai bhai
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby3711 View Post
    uncle ji 22 hours ka match cricket ke kisi bhi format mein nahi hota. :D na hi sirf 22000 log ise dekhte hain.
    Sorry if i hurt anyone
    Narender, ye format 100 saal pahle tha - 4 hours' daily match for five days (i.e. 20 hours). Plus half-day match (2 hours). Uss waqt England mein 22000 ki bheed kaafi thi. George Bernard Shaw was not wrong.
    तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby3711 View Post
    Sorry if i hurt anyone

Bhai katti apni apni na chala karte kadhi badu ki baat bhi maan liya kare hai..
    :tamatar:boxing" Live Every Day As If It Was Your Last, And One Day You Will Be Right!"
    .................¤ॐ¤..............
    :p"लोड करके राईफल, जब जीप पे सवार होते...
    बाऩध साफा जब गाबरू तयार होते....
    देखती है दुनिया छत पर चढके....
    और कहते ......
    काश हम भी जाट होते........

All Game , No Sport !!!

for a bit additional information :
    1. BCCI is not a Govt body but a private trust.
    2. for making it a tax free entity its charter says that its a no-profit
    no-loss organisation for the promotion of the game of cricket.

there was a dialogue in movie “ kaante “ where the all these Indian gangsters in USA meet an arm dealer… that arm dealer boasts about his links in Pakistan and Arm supplies to Kashmiri Terrorists, annoyed with his statement sanjay dutt( don’t know his name in the movie ) says : har hindusatani ko 2 cheezo se nafrat hai…Ek to Cricket main Haar… aur Dusra desh ke Gaddar.. and he throws him off the top floor of that sky-rise building….
    This shows to which level the the passion for cricket is mixed in our blood. but who are the people behind this ?
    These are the people behind big brands; these are the people who just want to promote self interest in the garb of promotion of this game…
    Hundreds of examples are there when match fixing been caught on record… several players were banned Hansie Crunze, Azhar, Ajay jadeja are examples…
    If the game is totally based on merits then there would have been no match fixing. The match fixing is there to maintain the popularity of chosen Actor / Player.
    N number of cases are pending in the court regarding fund misappropriation involving huge money by the Board Chairman, Lalit Modi and Jagmohan Dalmia are the very recent examples to cite.
    Another aspect which raises the eyebrow is, Less fund is provided to Ministry of Sports because if the talents in other Games would increase then Cricket wouldn’t be a mass hysteria; attention from Criceket would be diverted, so let all the other games be poorly funded and players be malnourished. It’s a part of very big conspiracy.
    I am of the opinion that We should discourage this practice and should give equal weightage to other games as well.
    in the end i firmly agree with that French Journalist and the deep opinion of Deswal Sir that the Game of Cricket is Corrupting the religious and Cultural values of India.
    I am a Tiger; but unfortunately i work in a Circus.

Respected yashpal ji,

Corruption Cricket main hi nahi, her field and game main hai...
    Agar hum kisi aur game ki baat karein to wahan bhi yahi haal hai.

Boxing ko hi le lo...Gold na mila , koi baat nahi..Per sahab to DSP kya ban gaye,aatitude agaya.
    Jab dil kiya bol diya ki abhi taiyaar nahi hu khelney ke liye..Ya khula bayan de rahey hai ki wo modeling main interested hai.and itney interested hai ki khel jaye bhaad main.....
    My personal opinion is that the problem is not cricket , problem here is Mentality..
    Mentality thik karni hai , na ki cricket ko dosh dena hai...Aur sportsman ko moka milega to whaan bhi yahi haal hoga to cricketers ka hai...

U can assume this situation as "100 bachhon ki class main ek padhney main intelligent hai to usey peechhey mat karo...auron ko padhney ke liye utsahit karo..."

Quote Originally Posted by delhione View Post
    for a bit additional information :
    1. BCCI is not a Govt body but a private trust.
    2. for making it a tax free entity its charter says that its a no-profit
    no-loss organisation for the promotion of the game of cricket.

there was a dialogue in movie “ kaante “ where the all these Indian gangsters in USA meet an arm dealer… that arm dealer boasts about his links in Pakistan and Arm supplies to Kashmiri Terrorists, annoyed with his statement sanjay dutt( don’t know his name in the movie ) says : har hindusatani ko 2 cheezo se nafrat hai…Ek to Cricket main Haar… aur Dusra desh ke Gaddar.. and he throws him off the top floor of that sky-rise building….
    This shows to which level the the passion for cricket is mixed in our blood. but who are the people behind this ?
    These are the people behind big brands; these are the people who just want to promote self interest in the garb of promotion of this game…
    Hundreds of examples are there when match fixing been caught on record… several players were banned Hansie Crunze, Azhar, Ajay jadeja are examples…
    If the game is totally based on merits then there would have been no match fixing. The match fixing is there to maintain the popularity of chosen Actor / Player.
    N number of cases are pending in the court regarding fund misappropriation involving huge money by the Board Chairman, Lalit Modi and Jagmohan Dalmia are the very recent examples to cite.
    Another aspect which raises the eyebrow is, Less fund is provided to Ministry of Sports because if the talents in other Games would increase then Cricket wouldn’t be a mass hysteria; attention from Criceket would be diverted, so let all the other games be poorly funded and players be malnourished. It’s a part of very big conspiracy.
    I am of the opinion that We should discourage this practice and should give equal weightage to other games as well.
    in the end i firmly agree with that French Journalist and the deep opinion of Deswal Sir that the Game of Cricket is Corrupting the religious and Cultural values of India.
    Lost my cell..All are requested to send your contact details with name pls...

Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.

Respected Sir,

Cricket jayada famous hai but my view cricket in sab baato ke liye responsible nahi hai

Quote Originally Posted by dndeswal View Post
    In 2003, French journalist Francois Gautier had written a short article about the cricket frenzy in India. The author concludes that cricket madness in India is destroying its ancient culture, the young generation, and it is responsible for killing other sports. India lags behind 50 years behind the West in most sports.

This article is now also available on the following URL :

http://www.rediff.com/news/2003/feb/09franc.htm

The article makes an interesting reading.

Bhai cricket-premi Jatlanders, please - lath tha kei mat khade ho jaiyo !

"The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems,
    but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect..."

Dilbag Malik

Australia ne char cricket world cup jite hai or uske Olympic me performance bhi achhi hai uska uske other game par impact kyo nahi aata

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Hahahaha

Baat mein dum hai uncle ji

holland 1.6 crore ki abadi mein 6 gold le gya
    ib kal parso hocky team ki dhulai kar gya aur is baat ne prove karan khater ke proof chaiye. Cricket mein bhi ise badhiya koni hum aaj tak ek world cup jeeta hai ar fer bhi bole ho rahe hain uske pache.5 din ke match ar result DRAW log 5 din saare dhande chod ke telivision ke aage baithe reh hain. doosre to wohi kahenge jo unhe lagega.
    "The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems,
    but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect..."

Dilbag Malik

agree

i am fully agree to the topic ... Cricket as a game does not require much resources and cricket also do not requires lots of running and physical fitness.

Hence it is getting popular to the level of madness in India and it is shadowing all other sports as well.
    Float any idea in the air cause you never know the effectiveness of the idea.

Sad Approach

I don't know why people are throwing stones on the Game of Cricket?
    Is it the Cricket's fault that we are not doing good in other games?
    Some one said that playing cricket is Misfortune of the country buddy if we are doing good in this game u want to say that we should stop playing this too what an Idea. And one was saying that its a game of luck buddy u got the World's Biggest player of the Cricket Game from India only that's Sachin Tendulkar and beleive me he doesn't need any luck it is his hard work which makes him biggest in the world don't insult him.
    You guys want to say that people like Vishvanathan, Sania, paes, dhyanchand, Suchil kumar, Bindra has been approched by the game of cricket and asked them to stop playing the game of their interest?
    Some one said that Hockey and Kabbadi is our Ancient games yes u r true they are but does it mean we should not play Cricket? Dear if u mean that then Hindi is our National and ancient language then why u guys uses English?
    Blaming Cricket for failure in other Games show that we want to hide our incapability of playing other games don't behave like Immature kid.
    One of my friend said he doesn't have interest in this game does it make difference?
    So better work hard in other games and stop blaming cricket or some other game for the failure.
    Plant one tree atleast

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by deep123 View Post
    i am fully agree to the topic ... Cricket as a game does not require much resources and cricket also do not requires lots of running and physical fitness.

Hence it is getting popular to the level of madness in India and it is shadowing all other sports as well.

Deepak Bhai ek bar gully me ya slip me khada ho ke fielding kar ke dekhiye to pata lag jayega ki ek baar mis fielding hone par kitni door tak running kar ke ball utha ke laani padti hai. jahan tak physical fitness ka sawal hai to pace bowlers ko dekhiye continious 5 overs fenkne me hi uski dhounkni chadh jaati hai.

don't blame like that ki is khel me resources, running and physical fitness ki koi jaroorat nahi hai.
    :rockSANDY = JAT

JAI :rockKIL:DLKI :rock TAULL !!!!!

"JAHAN JAAT VAHAN THAATH" :p

Quote Originally Posted by SANDEEP5 View Post
    Deepak Bhai ek bar gully me ya slip me khada ho ke fielding kar ke dekhiye to pata lag jayega ki ek baar mis fielding hone par kitni door tak running kar ke ball utha ke laani padti hai. jahan tak physical fitness ka sawal hai to pace bowlers ko dekhiye continious 5 overs fenkne me hi uski dhounkni chadh jaati hai.

don't blame like that ki is khel me resources, running and physical fitness ki koi jaroorat nahi hai.
    aarey bandhu ek aadmi to bhagta hai baaki to shakal dekhte hain .... aur agar pakad lega to phir bhaagne ke zaroorat kahan padegi ..

baat ko samjho football , hockey jitna to bhagna nahin padta ...
    Float any idea in the air cause you never know the effectiveness of the idea.

aarey bandhu ek aadmi to bhagta hai baaki to shakal dekhte hain .... aur agar pakad lega to phir bhaagne ke zaroorat kahan padegi ..

aapki baat bilkul sahi hai ki football, hockey jitna bhagna nahin padta lekin jaroori hai ki saare khel aise khelo jisme jyada bhagna padta ho. ek aadha khel to aisa bhi raakho jisme kam bhagne se hi kaam chal jaata ho....
    :rockSANDY = JAT

JAI :rockKIL:DLKI :rock TAULL !!!!!

"JAHAN JAAT VAHAN THAATH" :p

So what u say about carrom, chess, snooker as they alsp doesn't need any physical excretion?
    Plant one tree atleast

I don't know why it is cricket's fault that no other sport is doing good.

BCCI don't get any share of the sports budget, it is totally a self governing body. BCCI has mandated few years back to spend some money(which amounts to crores of rupees) for the upbringing of games and sports other than cricket. How can we blame cricket when its not eating into other sports' share rather providing from own resources to others.

Isi baat par ek kahaani yaad aa gayi:-

Ek kisaan apne khet mein bahut mahnat karta tha, bahut jee se kaam kiya karta, khaad paani achhe se lagata. Padosi kisaan jo aalsi tha apne khet me sirf beej boya karta tha baaki kuch na karta. bas sochta ki fasal achhi hogi, joki honi nahi thi. Fasal kaatne ke time pe mahanti kisaan khush tha aur dusra dukhi kyoki uski achhi nahi hui. Agle din subah subah lath leke uske yahan pahuncha aur chillane lagya "saale, tune meri fasal barbaad kar di, itni mahnat apne khet mein kari ak meri fasal dab gi" . :p:p:D
    To batao ab is aadmi ka koi Ilaaj thode hi hai??
    Strive not to be a success, rather to be of value.

Quote Originally Posted by vikrantsiwag View Post
    I don't know why it is cricket's fault that no other sport is doing good.

BCCI don't get any share of the sports budget, it is totally a self governing body. BCCI has mandated few years back to spend some money(which amounts to crores of rupees) for the upbringing of games and sports other than cricket. How can we blame cricket when its not eating into other sports' share rather providing from own resources to others.

Isi baat par ek kahaani yaad aa gayi:-

Ek kisaan apne khet mein bahut mahnat karta tha, bahut jee se kaam kiya karta, khaad paani achhe se lagata. Padosi kisaan jo aalsi tha apne khet me sirf beej boya karta tha baaki kuch na karta. bas sochta ki fasal achhi hogi, joki honi nahi thi. Fasal kaatne ke time pe mahanti kisaan khush tha aur dusra dukhi kyoki uski achhi nahi hui. Agle din subah subah lath leke uske yahan pahuncha aur chillane lagya "saale, tune meri fasal barbaad kar di, itni mahnat apne khet mein kari ak meri fasal dab gi" . :p:p:D
    To batao ab is aadmi ka koi Ilaaj thode hi hai??

Hahahaaha Welcome bhai Vikrant
    Plant one tree atleast

SPORTS is the way to go!

As a huge sports fan and sportingly inclined guy (Cricket I enjoy, but swimming is where I sported competitively)- ONE things needs to be very clear when you talk about sports versus culture, values etc. etc...

Sports is a huge influence on young minds and is responsible for keeping them occupied when an empty mind can well be devil's workshop!

in the USA communities and groups are always trying to introduce sports (setting up basketball hoops, boxing rings etc. as examples) especially in blighted neighborhoods to ensure that the youth stay involved and feel empowered, ownership in pursuing something that excites them and gives them satisfaction of achievement; rather than go get involved in guns and crimes...!

I think such articles are BS if they start comparing sports (or should I say a particular sport like Cricket) against culture, and/or how it gets destroyed by the healthy pursuit of sports! PERIOD. :rolleyes:

Look around you, the way things are right now in the world; one wishes that there were sports stadiums, alley tournaments and free ball parks, soccer fields, with money being poured to get free equipments for the young and the youths of these mislead areas where we are getting nothing but jobless, poor, mis-directed and goal-less young minds indoctrined into hate and terrorism!...

Sports is the way to go, and be it cricket or any other sports, if it keeps everyone healthy, occupied in their spare hours, and inculcates descipline, values of winning and losing (and not be a loser), sense of achievement, glory, teamspirit, sportsmanship then I am all for it.... and $c@#%*& some French authors reserach on this!!!...
    ...Wouldn't follow the trodden path, but shall leave a blazing trail!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by shailendra View Post
    As a huge sports fan and sportingly inclined guy (Cricket I enjoy, but swimming is where I sported competitively)- ONE things needs to be very clear when you talk about sports versus culture, values etc. etc...

Sports is a huge influence on young minds and is responsible for keeping them occupied when an empty mind can well be devil's workshop!

in the USA communities and groups are always trying to introduce sports (setting up basketball hoops, boxing rings etc. as examples) especially in blighted neighborhoods to ensure that the youth stay involved and feel empowered, ownership in pursuing something that excites them and gives them satisfaction of achievement; rather than go get involved in guns and crimes...!

I think such articles are BS if they start comparing sports (or should I say a particular sport like Cricket) against culture, and/or how it gets destroyed by the healthy pursuit of sports! PERIOD. :rolleyes:

Look around you, the way things are right now in the world; one wishes that there were sports stadiums, alley tournaments and free ball parks, soccer fields, with money being poured to get free equipments for the young and the youths of these mislead areas where we are getting nothing but jobless, poor, mis-directed and goal-less young minds indoctrined into hate and terrorism!...

Sports is the way to go, and be it cricket or any other sports, if it keeps everyone healthy, occupied in their spare hours, and inculcates descipline, values of winning and losing (and not be a loser), sense of achievement, glory, teamspirit, sportsmanship then I am all for it.... and $c@#%*& some French authors reserach on this!!!...
    Excellent stuff! Couldn't agree more.