Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: India in NewZealand

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Again am not watching it , but from friends heard that Munaf did bowl at good speed so his inclusion was not bad , as he bowls good line and length stuff !

India could have wrapped NZ for 150 or so , but allowed them for a 280 score.

Stupid running costed Sehwag his wicket , but pleased to see all batsmen have a good knock in the middle , good sign for the series as Indians are always a lazy starter.

If we win this match , I would be biased towards including Mishra as the second spinner ahead of Yuvi for the next match( also provided wickets are the same that is are not very bowler friendly ) . Wrist spinner should have a say on flat tracks and NZ dismay a gainst spin should help Mishra!

India are in a good position and if Yuvi and Sachin get going tomorrow with Dhoni to follow , we might not have to bat again in this match!
    Anil bro Munaf ended up with the good figures but still i m not impressed by him, on any day he can't get the wickets from his pace. He can took the wickets by batsmen going to hit him. So for me he is not the correct choice for the Tests.
    Today i don't know our players played so slow but its fine as we have 3 more days to go i think we can get 300+ lead and that will be enough for New Zealanders.
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Ahaa atlast we have won after a long gap of 33 years. Team india has out played new zealand in every sense of cricket. But still i am not impressed with dhoni's approach otherwise we would have win by an innings he should have not use yuvi while one side tailender was batting even if he want to use some sehwag would have been better option on any day. But happy to end us with comfortable win. I wish we will win by 3-0.
    Plant one tree atleast

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishantrathi82 View Post
    Ahaa atlast we have won after a long gap of 33 years. Team india has out played new zealand in every sense of cricket. But still i am not impressed with dhoni's approach otherwise we would have win by an innings he should have not use yuvi while one side tailender was batting even if he want to use some sehwag would have been better option on any day. But happy to end us with comfortable win. I wish we will win by 3-0.
    Dhoni seems to be particularly impressed by Yuvi ( I guess we discussed it somewhere ) !

Its a case of trust for the captain , remember how Azhar used to always throw the Ball to tendulkar ?
    Anyways , Yuvi has not done a bad job , Peitersen was clueless against Yuvi in India England series , Yuvi also bowled well in one day series in NZ !
    I would go with the confidence call!

Yes i have repeated previously that Sehwag is a good enuf bowler to be givena stint with the ball almost everytime!

If we got success to win the next match its going to be our 100th Test win:rock
    And dhoni will become world's successful Captain Ever with more that 85% wining record.:rock
    Plant one tree atleast

dhoni follows his gut feeling more often than not and gets pleasing results on most occasions, so we should not blame him as sometimes things can go awry. Dhoni may be the successful captain but he has to deliver constantly to be considered among the greats. I support Anil bhai what he says about sehwag's bowling.
    Strive not to be a success, rather to be of value.

Pathetic captincy by Sehwag. I m happy that he is not our regular captain.
    He is dealing like a non sense on the ground. Intially New Zealand lost his 3 wickets on 23. But after a partnership of 50 Sehwag just took of the slips and then onwards he just deployed a single slip. I don't know why he is acting so defensive?
    If we lost the give he will be major factor in that.
    Even when Harbajan is operating he is having only one closing fielder
    Hope we will do good in Batting.
    Plant one tree atleast

Pathetic captincy by Sehwag. I m happy that he is not our regular captain.
    He is dealing like a non sense on the ground. Intially New Zealand lost his 3 wickets on 23. But after a partnership of 50 Sehwag just took of the slips and then onwards he just deployed a single slip. I don't know why he is acting so defensive?
    If we lost the give he will be major factor in that.
    Even when Harbajan is operating he is having only one closing fielder
    Hope we will do good in Batting.
    bilkul sahi kaha Nishant bhai. I had earlier mentioned in a post that Sehwag is a proven bad captain with Delhi daredevils and he further cemented his place at that today. NZ are 351-4 scoring at 3.9 RPO on first day. They are in commanding position now. Unless India pull some rabbit out of hat tomorrow the possible outcomes of this match seems a draw or Indian defeat.

Now its trouble time for India in the 2nd test we have lost 3 early wickets and still around 550 runs behind. Things r not looking in favour but let see what sachin, dravid and Laxman can do. Third day is going to the most critical one for India. Sehwag didn't do the correct thing we all know that he plays like this only but today he is our captain and he should have shown some maturity he was palying in a mood that he want to get 600 in 1 sesion only. He got failed at every level in this test
    Plant one tree atleast

Login to view details.
    Now its trouble time for India in the 2nd test we have lost 3 early wickets and still around 550 runs behind. Things r not looking in favour but let see what sachin, dravid and Laxman can do. Third day is going to the most critical one for India. Sehwag didn't do the correct thing we all know that he plays like this only but today he is our captain and he should have shown some maturity he was palying in a mood that he want to get 600 in 1 sesion only. He got failed at every level in this test

Haha ha ha ha

Typical indian team and typical indian fans ! :D

Sorry nishant ! Just having some fun!

Well i have not lost hope , We will be able to draw this one i am pretty sure ! At least i am hoping so !!

Dravid and Lacchuu hain na ! :D

Baaki it was not poor captaincy but poor fielding and wicket keeping that got us in such pain!

Bhai, sehwag plays like that only. And that's the way he is successful. Just because he is the captain, he shouldn't change his game. Let him play the way he plays and let him fail at times. When he is successful, we all know the result.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Bhai, sehwag plays like that only. And that's the way he is successful. Just because he is the captain, he shouldn't change his game. Let him play the way he plays and let him fail at times. When he is successful, we all know the result.
    Very correct Kapil bhai. Its only due to his astounding attacking ability that makes him successful and popular world over. So there is no reason changing that. It is only due to this ability of his that in last test when India was to bat first I went to our hostel TV room and was surprised to see it having quite an attendance at 3:30 AM. All other TV rooms too had the similar view. And when Sehwag got run out no one was there and all TV's were switched off.

It was only Sehwag who could've turned this match in favor of India. And now he's gone I think India can save the match quite easily unless some really horrendous cricket is played.

Quote Originally Posted by kapil.dalal View Post
    Bro i m agree and we all know he is a wonderfull player he scored 2 triple century which itself can tell how good he is but have u seen the game of Gambhir in this match it was totally against his natural game but it was the demand of the time. I play like this is it excuse of the mistake that's the difference between better and best. You have to change your game if its really needed.
    Chalo leave it We end up on a comfortable node
    Plant one tree atleast

Quote Originally Posted by anilsinghd View Post
    Haha ha ha ha

Typical indian team and typical indian fans ! :D

Sorry nishant ! Just having some fun!

Well i have not lost hope , We will be able to draw this one i am pretty sure ! At least i am hoping so !!

Dravid and Lacchuu hain na ! :D

Baaki it was not poor captaincy but poor fielding and wicket keeping that got us in such pain!
    Hahaha Anil bhai no need to say sorry there r few guys who really makes me feeling happy to read their posts and u r d one
    And u were correct bhai we did in style a DRAW its because of 2 u mentioned and Gambhir he was just awesome his innings was just a marathon what a player he is! Dravid was in a great mood but bad decision got his rid and Gambir's decision was also not convincing.
    But bhai g don't u think taking off most of ur closing player after 30 overs in test match is it a good Captanicy?
    Last edited by Nishantrathi82; March 30th, 2009 at 09:36 AM.
    Plant one tree atleast

Login to view details.
    Hahaha Anil bhai no need to say sorry there r few guys who really makes me feeling happy to read their posts and u r d one
    And u were correct bhai we did in style a DRAW its because of 2 u mentioned and Gambhir he was just awesome his innings was just a marathon what a player he is! Dravid was in a great mood but bad decision got his rid and Gambir's decision was also not convincing.
    But bhai g don't u think taking off most of ur closing player after 30 overs in test match is it a good Captanicy?

Thanks Nishant!

Well i should invest my money somewhere , I am making good bets :D these days! he he he he

Dravid and Lachhu ( I always call him that ways ) and yeah Gambhir was awesome!
    Dravid basically did the job in both innings but still not in limelight ( he is always a way from it )!

Happy for the team , these are real good performances because we could have easily lost the match!

Well regarding the captaincy of Sehwag I am really not sure , I did not see it live ! But yeah slips out after 30 overs is not a good deal in 5 day cricket!
    Thats y i like Dhoni , he is street smart , he would go for defensive field to squeeze runs and build pressure and then attack again!

anyways , Sehwag should be kicked on t he abckside for his poor batting as well! I mean that's his style but still , at least the second innings did ask for some restraint , we were not going to win the match after 305 all out in first innings!

All's well that ends well! We are winning or at least drawing ( with dominant position) in the third match ! The series is ours , all in with my money on that

The first testicular guard was used in cricket in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important!" The species has to continue even if produces mad people. I think the priority is perfectly fine!

Courtesy: Cricinfo.
    LeTz SpReAd ----JaTiSm-----
    --JaTiSm Is NoT A ReLiGiOn, ItZ StAtE oF MiNd--

Quote Originally Posted by mittu View Post
    The first testicular guard was used in cricket in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. It took 100 years for men to realize that the brain is also important!" The species has to continue even if produces mad people. I think the priority is perfectly fine!

Courtesy: Cricinfo.
    hahaha sehrawat, good piece of information :D. 1974 was still too late to realize the importance of brain. Today the god of rain drenched India's hope to win the last test. It seldom rains when India is about to lose :o

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    hahaha sehrawat, good piece of information :D. 1974 was still too late to realize the importance of brain. Today the god of rain drenched India's hope to win the last test. It seldom rains when India is about to lose :o

Lucky New Zealand get away because of Rain. But no worries we have won the series after 41 years.
    Cheersssssssssssssssssss:rock
    Plant one tree atleast

Quote Originally Posted by VPannu View Post
    Lucky New Zealand get away because of Rain.
    its not rain god... i reckon it as defensive cricket... what the heck was the need for us to play on 4th day, knowing the fact tht its going to rain today.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    its not rain god... i reckon it as defensive cricket... what the heck was the need for us to play on 4th day, knowing the fact tht its going to rain today.
    you r right but after all we have won their after 41 years so we should be happy.:rock:rock

Quote Originally Posted by andyjat View Post
    you r right but after all we have won their after 41 years so we should be happy.:rock:rock
    correct, but i want to see india at no. 1 ranking... a draw does not take india closer to no. 1 spot... ye dil maange more !
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!