Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: India in NewZealand

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    correct, but i want to see india at no. 1 ranking... a draw does not take india closer to no. 1 spot... ye dil maange more !
    Correct bhai g but not to worry we will surely see India at No. 1 spot this year. So cheers
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

correct, but i want to see india at no. 1 ranking... a draw does not take india closer to no. 1 spot... ye dil maange more !
    You are right Brahm ji....win in last test would have been a step towards no 1 spot. But one more thing can be attributed towards the draw i.e. the one hour delayed start in 3'rd test match(thanx to Sony and BCCI pushing its way). Had the match not started one hour late the fourth day's play(stopped due to bad light) would have been completed and 5'th day too would've seen some early light giving ample time to topple Kiwis.

Nevertheless, a series win is always refreshing but drawn last test left it like Champagne without the fizz.
    Strive not to be a success, rather to be of value.

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    I loved it irresepctive!

Yes , 2-0 would have been perfect!! but its ok!

More good was that it was not a Sehwag show ( not that i have anything against S ehwag ! ) , but becasue he was kind of done after ODIs , Dravid back in form is huge plus for India , Tendulkar played well.
    Lachuu was good , lower order contributed ! Only Yuvi was off color so to say !!

its not rain god... i reckon it as defensive cricket... what the heck was the need for us to play on 4th day, knowing the fact tht its going to rain today.
    It is a fact post the event. Before the event, it is just a high probability. And high probability events don't happen quite a few times. They could have declared on day 3 and still seen NZ surive because of rain/bad light. You can never plan for weather over 2 days. What they didn't want to see was some black swan event on final day wiping out their 50 day hard work on tour. A series won is much greater than difference between 2-0 and 1-0. So I think it was justified.

Even I wanted India to win 2-0. In fact, I think India has a better chance of winning these days when its batsmen play well but not exceedingly well. That is they score 400-500 odd but no more. As the bowlers get more time. So paradoxically, India would have had a better chance of winning, had it got all out in 2nd innings. But no regrets. Excellent tour.

Everyone who doubted about Indian team's performance and written them off completely after 2-0 loss in T20 ties must've got an ample dose of tonic to stay mum for a while now.:rock:rock
    Strive not to be a success, rather to be of value.