Thread: Part time PHD in Management

Part time PHD in Management

Respected Jatlanders,

Please help to suggest the name unversities/ Institutes across India that offers part time PHD programes in the field of Management.

Regards,
    Tajveer

Quote Originally Posted by tajveer View Post
    Respected Jatlanders,

Please help to suggest the name unversities/ Institutes across India that offers part time PHD programes in the field of Management.

Regards,
    Tajveer
    Try the following links :-
    => Europe Asia Business School (EABS) in academic collaboration with EGSM, Switzerland is offering PhD in India. You can check at http://www.eabs.ac.in/phd.html

=> http://www.rediff.com/getahead/2008/apr/21iycu.htm

=> IIT-Delhi also provide part time PhD (but not sure if there is any in the field of management, I am unable to open the site right now). You can browse through it's website to check that:-
    http://www.iitd.ac.in/
    If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.

Respected Jatlanders,

Regards,
    Tajveer
    Not sure what you mean by part time PhD? I have heard part time graduations, PGs, but never PhDs. As in PhD, you are supposed to research something new and come up with a thesis on that. In any case, all IIMs offer PhDs in Management, it is called FPM there. Most reputed business schools should have a PhD program- some names are FMS, XLRI, IITs, SP Jain, Narsee Monjee, IMT, MDI. You can get a much bigger list with rankings in some magazines- many magazines do that including Outlook, India Today and the business magazines. Getting names is the easy part.

Respected Jatlanders,

Regards,
    Tajveer
    PHD Programme in Management is called FPM (Fellow programme in management)....so search by this keyword..

As far as i know, i don't think any indian university offers part time FPM ...

I got selected for IRMA's FPRM in Micro-finance management, but don't wish to join...as it's full time ...4~5 years....

One needs to have lot's a patience for a regular one...(even though you get paid handsome stipend)
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    PHD Programme in Management is called FPM (Fellow programme in management)....so search by this keyword..

As far as i know, i don't think any indian university offers part time FPM ...
    )
    Bhai dont know exactly but clear this thing with GJU as 1-2 months back they took some exam for PHD part time and it would have management seats too.

got one....but time up..

Last date for submitting filled in application forms is January 28, 2008

Hyderabad

Admission to Part Time PhD / MS / MPhil / Research Programmes 2008
    Advt No: JNTU/PhD/MS/MPhil/Admns2007
    Dt. 22.12.2007

Applications are invited for admissions to the Part Time PhD / MS / MPhil / Research Programmes in major areas of Engineering, Science, Technology, Planning and Architecture, Management, English at the Constituent Colleges / Units of JNT University.

Areas of Research & Eligibility: The details of Areas of Research and edibility are available on the JNTU Website www.jntu.ac.in

Application form and other details can be downloaded from JTNU Website www.jntu.ac.in. Filled in application form with required certificates and crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- in favor of "The Registrar, JNT University" payable at Hyderabad dated not earlier than 22-12-2007 drawn on any Nationalized Bank should reach "The Director, Admissions, JNTU, Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 500 085" on or before 21st January 28, 2008 by 4.00 PM

Director, Admissions
    Notification No: JNTU/PRO/33/2007-08

The Hindu dt. December 22, 2007

one more..

http://www.iitr.ac.in/departments/DM...emics+PhD.html

9 Jan 2008 ... The Department of Management Studies is involved with in-depth ... and meritorious students both under full time and part time modes. ...