Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tata Nano

Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    Can somebody tell me if NANO has 4x4 system also in it......because twice a year I go to Rajasthan for long trips in my car,,,,,,,,,,,in case it get struck in Baalu Ret ke tibbe,,,,then without 4x4 it will be difficult to take it out.

Because of my adventurous habit I prefer a vehicle to be 4x4 so that no animal is troubled unneccessarily to take it out.

Hahaha no bhai g it doesn't have
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Actually I have deep concern for Animal rights,,,,,so in view of that I dont want that my car get struck in Baalu Ret and to take it out use Jhotta, Khaagar, Oont or any other animal......its a cruelty on animals for using in such activities.
    Some time they get hurt badly while taking out vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nishantrathi82 View Post
    Hahaha no bhai g it doesn't have

Thumbs up JATlander part of historic Nano of Tata

Dear All,
    I am proud to announce that our fellow jatlander, Abhimanyu Sindhu, an alumnus of IIT-Chennai is part of the team working on Nano project at PantNagar.

Congratulations!!!

regards,
    bharti.

Quote Originally Posted by bharti View Post
    Dear All,
    I am proud to announce that our fellow jatlander, Abhimanyu Sindhu, an alumnus of IIT-Chennai is part of the team working on Nano project at PantNagar.

Congratulations!!!

regards,
    bharti.
    Wow Good to hear that! My congratulations to him
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Thank for sharing this news Bharti ji,.....

Yesterday in news I heard that TATA is spending lot of money on research for making a car which will run with AIR. There will be an Air tank and which will be filled and after that it will run for 90KM and total cost would be Rs. 40 for 90 KM:rock. It was said that it will be possible in next 2-3 years time.

Can you share if any information is available with you on this. Infact I am planning to purchase this car for sure if it hit the market

Quote Originally Posted by bharti View Post
    Dear All,

Congratulations!!!

regards,
    bharti.

Quote Originally Posted by sachinb View Post
    Thank for sharing this news Bharti ji,.....

Yesterday in news I heard that TATA is spending lot of money on research for making a car which will run with AIR. There will be an Air tank and which will be filled and after that it will run for 90KM and total cost would be Rs. 40 for 90 KM:rock. It was said that it will be possible in next 2-3 years time.

Can you share if any information is available with you on this. Infact I am planning to purchase this car for sure if it hit the market
    Already one such vehicle had hit the surface it is threewheeler running with air displayed few days ago in a motor show as soon as got more information about it i will share it with you.But it was not from Tata

http://www.gizmag.com/go/7000/

http://www.controleng.com/blog/82000...310041631.html
    Last edited by rakeshsehrawat; March 24th, 2009 at 04:26 PM.
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

na no na no na no na no

na lo na lo na lo na lo
    My way or my way ?

Quote Originally Posted by satyenderdeswal View Post
    Bhai Sachin,

Some more facts about Nano..

Its very unsafe as a small collision will make it a dump (As engine is in back side and its more dangerous then Maruti Omni)..

This car passes frontal and side crash test successfully. Of course it does not match EUROPEAN standards but who does in India??

Thirdly, advance booking amount is 70 K + form fee of Rs. 500 and plan for making cars in a year is mere 1 lac against the capacity of 4 Lacs.Cars will be distributed by means of draw of all the customers having advance booking (To jaruri nahi hai ki booking karwaney ke baad bhi aapko miley:D)

TATA cannot fight stupid people in singur! anyways, demand more then production is always a good sign.

Rahi baat average ki to its less then 800 CC...Turning radius is very large...Will create problem while turning..

MARUTI 800's average is around 18-20, and nano claims 24 and is certified as the most fuel efficient car in India by Automotive Research Association of India, Nano's turning radius is 4 meters and for M800 its around 4.4.

Only thing which may against nano is that its cheap! it would be an issue with status symbol of people, but with new variants coming in diesel and air-compression may change the scene.
    In Short, I LOVE THIS CUTE CAR!
    LeTz SpReAd ----JaTiSm-----
    --JaTiSm Is NoT A ReLiGiOn, ItZ StAtE oF MiNd--

My view about NANO is that someone which have nothing to do with technical points of Nano can only purchase this..Even it is declared by all leading news channel that it is not fit for long distance rides.
    one more thing, No option if rear tyres get punctured on the way as "Stapny" is only for front tyres....:rock:rock
    Quote Originally Posted by mittu View Post
    Only thing which may against nano is that its cheap! it would be an issue with status symbol of people, but with new variants coming in diesel and air-compression may change the scene.
    In Short, I LOVE THIS CUTE CAR!
    Lost my cell..All are requested to send your contact details with name pls...

Happiness is not something you find, It's something you create.

Quote Originally Posted by satyenderdeswal View Post
    one more thing, No option if rear tyres get punctured on the way as "Stapny" is only for front tyres....:rock:rock
    Tubeless radial tyres standard on all variants of NANO, in case of a rear tyre puncture, you can drive car safely(below 60 kmph) to some place where you can get them fixed...its not like it will leave you stranded on road

PS: Do not expect nano to beat HONDA CITY in all departments:eek:, its a small inexpensive car which a lower middle class family can afford.
    LeTz SpReAd ----JaTiSm-----
    --JaTiSm Is NoT A ReLiGiOn, ItZ StAtE oF MiNd--

i like “range rover” of tata… a pride nd coveted possession in ufff-rika… nd arguably the most sought after 4x4 in this part of sub-saharan africa. recently its book value in my eyes got doubled when ratan stamped it "indian".

i also like “land rover” and the latest model of “jaguar xj/xk series”… uh la la !!!

i also cherish “nano”… i will use it to buy a loaf of bread from “mannu ki dukaan”.

don’t understand why folks are going nuts abt its safety… take any indian car twice or thrice its price tag nd bang it at a speed of 100 kmph… hear the music, if u are still alive.

p.s. : buy nano at its face value… if u feel like… yr contribution to indian economy nd adding congestion on roads wud be appreciated.
    Last edited by brahmtewatia; March 25th, 2009 at 03:48 PM.
    ! ... be BOLD in what you stand for !
    !! ... i've the simplest tastes, i'm always satisfied with the best !!
    !!! ... be yourself, everyone else is already taken !!!

some more points about nnnnnnnaaaaaaannnnnnnoooooooo
    चालना राही का, चाहे फेर क्यूं ना हो । बैठना भाइयाँ का, चाहे बैर क्यूं ना हो ।।

Compromise!!!!

Dear Members,

I think it is a great product, but there are going to be a lot of issues about its use. Here are some issues that may merit discussion:
    1. Safety Issue: Obviously, with the power to weight ratio, safety has always been an issue even with Maruti 800 model. So, I don't think "Nano" would be safe to that extent. You really can't compare "Nano" with "Mercedes" as I have seen in some posts. Regarding Safety compare it with any two wheeler? Probably it would be more safe then those. I really don't know how much good motorcycles/scootors are costing now, but I guess it would be in the range of Rs 70000 or so. So, if you compare the price "Nano" would definitely be a better choice since it can protect the traveller from rain, sun, wind etc apart from being a little more stable and can carry more passengers (authorized)
    2. Environment is going to be another issue. If it is consuming less gasoline, then obviously, it is expected to emmit less of CO2, so more environment friendly then the bigger cars. May be less environment friendly then scootors/motorcycles.
    3. Road Space. with the price, it is likely to be a most sought after car by middle class families. (for which it has been actually made) if that be so, what would be the condition of already croweded roads in the country.
    4. Parking Space: While it might require much less parking space, the sheer number will make the parking lots more crowded.
    5. Unlawful movers on roads like animals. I think if an impact takes place with an animal (which we have in plenty on roads) it is likely to be damaged.

Small cars is going to be the order of the day in future. I have seen some very small cars on US roads in recent times. One by Chevy and one by Honda. But I have not seen them on the freeways. May be it is a good idea to have a small car for local use.

Regarding Sachin Baliyan's point of 4x4 facility: My suggestion, he may like to have a different car for each activity he needs to perform.
    A high road clearance may be necessary when he visits is fields in village.

The issue is: is it a good venture: My answer is yes.
    Is it the solution: My answer is "NO"

With the population we have and the space we have on our roads, the best solution is the "Public Transportation System", that is efficient, comfortable and safe (considering the threat of terrorism) to travel.

We have a long way to achieve the perfection on this issue, nevertheless it is a step in right direction.
    Col (Retd) Virendra Tavathia

"A person should not be judged by the nature of his/her job, but the manner in which he/she does that".

it surely is a great effort but there's a equally great business mibnd behind this one.

the car has few shortcomings like very less storage space, sound of a three wheeler and quite a few more when it will hit the road.

the catch is the economics behind this product, like it has to be nesscearily financed @12.5% for minimum 7 years and the minimum finance ammount is 75% of the value.

tatas are definately making around 20-35 K over and above the selling price and if we take into account the 300 Rs. applicatiobn fee and 3000 rs booking ammount tata will mnake a fortune out of just launching the car, proceeds from sales will be next to follow

nano car is doomed !!! mamta banerjee says, she wont drive nano.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    nano car is doomed !!! mamta banerjee says, she wont drive nano.
    Mamta banerjee jee to nyu keh rahi hai janu ustahi Ratan Tata specially nyota de ke aaya tha tu nano chala. Nano us khater bani bhi koni. Garib aur aam aadmi ke liye bani hai.
    Mere ib tahi samajh nahi aa rahi kise Bangali ne uske khosda kyun nahi chepya. boxing:boxing
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Nano in TOP GEAR

This is what TOP GEAR thinks about Nano :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygCxBf_SiaA

Quote Originally Posted by sanjeevnandal View Post
    This is what TOP GEAR thinks about Nano :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygCxBf_SiaA
    LTAO... laughing their ### ### !!! what else they can do.

Yin & yang....

Unable to book Nano, man hangs himself..:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...ow/4427838.cms
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -Mark Twain

They dont even spare Merc and Nissans, though Nano escaped wittiest of them. I just love this show. Their test rides with Rolls Royces and Bentleys amuse me to extremes.

But, one thing is for sure, British are seemingly unhappy about an Indian(TATA) being the owner of so many renowned brands now. Nano is one of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmtewatia View Post
    LTAO... laughing their ### ### !!! what else they can do.