Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Switch off your lights for 1 hour on 28th March 2009

Thumbs up Switch off your lights for 1 hour on 28th March 2009

Dear All,

yes, is time to vote against global warming and climate change. its a global campaign called Earth Hour 2009.

Switch off your lights for 1 hour on 28th March 2009 from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM and raise your voice against climate change.

Its a campaign by WWF, through earthhour.in in India. I have this request to you all to spare your 5 minutes and register on this site to send your vote.

You can visit the site to understand more!

Pls send this message to all your known, so the message should reach to maximum for a good reason!!!!

I am gonna be part of this campaign tommorow. Will you be? I hope yes :rock
    With Regards,
    Manjula

should be every month aleast in western countries.
    developing countries do this 'earth hour' thing a few times every day:rolleyes:
    My way or my way ?

Good cause

VEry good cause..this type of activities should be done every now and then

http://www.jatland.com/forums/showth...ighlight=Earth

Bijli aawe kad hai?
    balki aise time pe light ON rakho taki Sarkar ko bhi pata lage ki log khafa hain. Light nahi hai to mombatti jalao lekin roshni karo.
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Kar denge band....hamarey illakey mein aati bijli
    Quote Originally Posted by manjula28 View Post
    Dear All,

yes, is time to vote against global warming and climate change. its a global campaign called Earth Hour 2009.

Switch off your lights for 1 hour on 28th March 2009 from 8:30 PM to 9:30 PM and raise your voice against climate change.

Its a campaign by WWF, through earthhour.in in India. I have this request to you all to spare your 5 minutes and register on this site to send your vote.

Pls send this message to all your known, so the message should reach to maximum for a good reason!!!!

I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

good job to make it remember

Dear All,

manjula good, i support ur initiative &also appreciate ur concern. we should seriously do this....................i will do atleast...............& will try to convience others also

Quote Originally Posted by sunitahooda View Post
    Kar denge band....hamarey illakey mein aati bijli

Hum bhi kar lenge band 1 ghante ke liya market me chale jaange ghooman firan...........
    :rockSANDY = JAT

JAI :rockKIL:DLKI :rock TAULL !!!!!

"JAHAN JAAT VAHAN THAATH" :p

First post and with a difference, Good Job.

JL per Aapka sawagat hai, Pehlee hee post hai or wo bhee duniya key bhaley key liyea bahut sunder. Hum sabhee aapkey sath hai.

Dear All,

WORD IMPOSSIBLE SAYS I M POSSIBLE.

Apologising dosent mean that U are wrong & the other is right.....It only means that U value the relationship much more than ur ego.

Gr8 thread indeed ....the issue raised is of serious concern
    a lot more has to be done for this.....global warming is threatening the earth , the enviornment.........ofcourse a human generated prblm
    we r responsible for this n we hav to erase it .......
    truth is that ...things that we get easily r taken for granted...so are the nature and the enviorment .........
    Last edited by anjusin; March 28th, 2009 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skarmveer View Post
    JL per Aapka sawagat hai, Pehlee hee post hai or wo bhee duniya key bhaley key liyea bahut sunder. Hum sabhee aapkey sath hai.
    indeed ati sunder post dunia ke bhale ke liye
    ek aur Mahatma Gandhi JL par

Humne to apne hostel mein Samraat Kilvish(andhera) ka saamrajya phaila diya ek ghante ke liye aaj. Sab ki band karwa di(light)...ar baaki greater noida me aap hi bijli na aa rahi thi jyadatar jagah.
    Strive not to be a success, rather to be of value.

Thumbs up Appreciation

Hi manjula i really appreciate ur view u made me realize that stil there r people who think apart from there personal life .Hands off 2 u dear.

Good initiative indeed!
    I did turned half of the lights off at my work( A Supermarket) for one hour yesterday between 8.30 to 9.30 PM!
    It was good experience all together!

Cheers!

i did turned my lights off......for on hour but for 9 to 10 PM

Aandhi toofan ki wajah se kareeb 12-13 ghantey light nahi aayi:o hamara light hour nahi light night ban gayi
    I AM WHAT I AM....JAT.... 16X2=8

Thanks!!

Hi Again!!

I am glad for response you all have given to this topic & must thank all. I know we all are concerned for the environment/environmental changes taking place.

This kind of mass participation by different countries, will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009 (As per I hav read!).which would determine government policies to take action against global warming. So folks be ready..we may have some new laws coming up...waise bhi delhi mein to plastic bags band ho hi chuke hai..officially at least.:rolleyes:

Aur thodi si Gandhigiri kabhi-2 to chalti hai na...rajiv singh ji
    With Regards,
    Manjula

Hi Again!!
    Gandhigiri is not Kabhi-Kabhi but all time hit formula as it was proved by super success of Munna Bhai II.

Aur to bera na Gudagame aalya ne is kaam mein bhot sehyog kara hai.
    Sabte bada dhanyawad to bijli vibhag ka karna chaiye. 8 baje batti gul kar di thee 9:30 baje tak to ayee nahi thee.:tamatar
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Quote Originally Posted by rakeshsehrawat View Post
    Aur to bera na Gudagame aalya ne is kaam mein bhot sehyog kara hai.
    Sabte bada dhanyawad to bijli vibhag ka karna chaiye. 8 baje batti gul kar di thee 9:30 baje tak to ayee nahi thee.:tamatar
    Hahahah bhai hamre bhi 8:30 paar kaare aur 11 baaje aaye hahahaha bhai ya Lights off waala mahre dekh k liya na tha hum to pehle se hee bahut contribute kaar rahe hai daily 4-5 hour ka power cut hai aurr kaatek looge :eek:
    Plant one tree atleast
    and pls save water and electricity

Hi Again!!

I am glad for response you all have given to this topic & must thank all. I know we all are concerned for the environment/environmental changes taking place.

This kind of mass participation by different countries, will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009 (As per I hav read!).which would determine government policies to take action against global warming. So folks be ready..we may have some new laws coming up...waise bhi delhi mein to plastic bags band ho hi chuke hai..officially at least.:rolleyes:

For the true spirits of movement venue should be Amazon's forests or Sahara desert with no light connection and I guess world leaders would land there with private jets[ofcourse jets without producing dangerous emmissons sensitive to ozone layer ] in tribal cloths. Its ironical and funny to know that how handful of metros/sub-metros people are being fooled over funny issues by pseudo-enviornmentalists. Climate-change and disturbances in sun are natural phenomenons not thrown up by garbage of humanity.Ofcourse human activities leads to effects on enviornment but not up to the intensity of climate change unless nuclear bombs explode. Morever, global-warming movement has been proved as a swindler.It ofcourse appears(projected) as a 'moral-duty' but more of it is fabricated.
    "All I am trying to do is bridge the gap between Jats and Rest of World"

As I shall imagine, so shall I become.