Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: B.Tech_admission

B.Tech_admission

My son intend to take admission in B.Tech. His AIEEE result is not good... his rank in haryana is 22579... Now I am facing difficulty in selecting a good college... I have not much knowledge about the matter. Can anybody guide me... what I have to do?
    Justice is Truth in Action; JAT

Quote Originally Posted by Dharampalkaswan View Post
    My son intend to take admission in B.Tech. His AIEEE result is not good... his rank in haryana is 22579... Now I am facing difficulty in selecting a good college... I have not much knowledge about the matter. Can anybody guide me... what I have to do?
    Maharishi Markandeshwar University Mullana Ambala
    www.mmumullana.org

please try in this university

Dear Dharampal ji,

A good college is the one which can provide a good palcement assistance. But a good student is one who can get a good placement. I would suugest if you can find out the right stream according to market demand as well as your son's interest it would be of better use. The thing that comes in use after passing out is only the technical knowledge. In my career i have never myself needed to tell my college or university's name. The next four years would be crucial.
    So ask your son to go for the best stream and then find out the available colleges for that stream and choose the best availability accordingly.

Doing enginnering is not a big deal these days, but becoming a good engineer is certainly a big deal. So ask your son to make a choice and then concentrate on studies and become a good engineer and gain as much knowledge as he can.

Just keep in mind that the college has a good faculty for the subjects your son would be selecting....
    People come, people go.. Some grow young, some grow old
    I woke up in between.. A memory and a dream

Just send him to some good coaching institute in Kota, Delhi and wait for a year..
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

Sir, what about the ALL INDIA RANK of your ward ?

Rest, I also agree with someone here who said it is more imortant to be a good engineer rather than just an engineer from a good college.

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Just send him to some good coaching institute in Kota, Delhi and wait for a year..
    What if still d child is unable to score a better rank as its all upto the potentials of a person....Institutes ka naam to students ke result se ho jata hai.

This time IIT Ist rant holder is from Faridabad, MVN School (which had overtaken DPS and other good schools in NCR region)....so u mean that by sending a child there can score some rank in IIT or AIEEE???? What I feel ki year waste nahin karwana chahiye.....haan only in one case when child himself is willing to prove himself.

I would like to help you on this matter(if I can) but still I am not clear with your expectations from us. Could you please mention in detail what kind of help you require from us?
    Last edited by dkumars; June 1st, 2009 at 02:06 AM.

IS it necessary to become an Engineer? Now there is no such potential in engineers and doctors that was there in 80's. There are more demanding fields also available in the market, time is changed............ Please ask your Son what he wants to do in life and give him a chance to choose his own career.

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    What if still d child is unable to score a better rank as its all upto the potentials of a person....Institutes ka naam to students ke result se ho jata hai.

This time IIT Ist rant holder is from Faridabad, MVN School (which had overtaken DPS and other good schools in NCR region)....so u mean that by sending a child there can score some rank in IIT or AIEEE???? What I feel ki year waste nahin karwana chahiye.....haan only in one case when child himself is willing to prove himself.
    With a Haryana Rank of 22579, i'm quite sure his All India Rank must be above 4 Lacs.

With 70+ Engg colleges in Haryana, He would get into any of the low profile college, but he won't be left with choices to decide his stream of intrest. And without an intrest, one can't survive for 4 years with some offbeat stream & later stuggling for a good job later.

This isn't some board exam. where a score of 60% and 65 % doesn't matter much..but, when lacs of students are competeting, this 5 marks gain could make you jump your Rank in thousands.

Even if someone closely examine one's answer sheet, suppose out of 180 questions, he marked 30 incorrect, he wasted 20~25 minutes (which one could have utilized wisely, to other good questions, which he/she could have possibly solved) also one gets a deduction of 7 marks, resulting in a loss of 50,000 in ranking.

Now, in first attempt one doesn't understand all this analytics. and hence one is supposed to attend coaching classes, mock tests to anyalise his performace wrt other students. so even if he could manage to increase his score by 20 marks, he could get rank below 5000 very easily (Haryana).

this is all a game of Speed, Accuracy, quick Decision Making (which question to solve, which to leave), finding topics of strength n weaknessess.

In other comptetive exams like RRB, Bank PO's, same thing happens, one could loose an interview call, if he attempt a wrong question, resulting in loss of 0.25 marks, even though he has solved as many questions correctly as the other call getters.

In nutshell, either one should spend a year for preparing wisely or crib later after 4 years for the entire life. one year doesn't make a difference.but getting a good college, preffered stream, good job surely does.
    If someone has to kill you, he has to beat you first.

Quote Originally Posted by dkumars View Post
    I would like to help you on this matter(if I can) but still I am not clear with your expectations from us. Could you please mention in detail what kind of help you require from us?
    There are more than 70 Engineering colleges in Haryana. In my case, it is not possible to get admission in few reputed colleges. Now I have to contact some less reputed colleges. In the previous year it was noticed that there was vacant seats in good colleges. All of first I face difficulty in finding colleges, which are good though not best. Everyone telling me names of best colleges. Can you also help me in selecting stream ?

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    IS it necessary to become an Engineer? Now there is no such potential in engineers and doctors that was there in 80's. There are more demanding fields also available in the market, time is changed............ Please ask your Son what he wants to do in life and give him a chance to choose his own career.
    Paweria Sahib thanking you for comments. As already stated my son intend to become an engineer. Eventhough, can you, please, tell me about some most demanding fields available in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ssgoyat View Post
    Now, in first attempt one doesn't understand all this analytics. and hence one is supposed to attend coaching classes, mock tests to anyalise his performace wrt other students. so even if he could manage to increase his score by 20 marks, he could get rank below 5000 very easily (Haryana).
    I agree but everybody is well aware about these things. Its all in determination.

Anyways, I don't want to change the purpose of the thread started here.

Paweria Sahib thanking you for comments. As already stated my son intend to become an engineer. Eventhough, can you, please, tell me about some most demanding fields available in the market.

Sir, there are many fields.....

Hotel Mgmt
    Media n Mass Communication
    BBA CAM, BBA International Business
    Design courses like Animation Film Design, Graphic Design, Machine Design etc.

If the child had scored good marks in +2 then ask him to apply in Delhi University for some Hons course among which statistics hons is of good option through which he can enter into reputed areas of govt. sector as well as pvt. sector. But, there are only 8 or 10 colleges in DU offering this course.

admission to b.tech

sir ,i m ankur chaudhary from moradabad uttar pradesh i m also pursuing b.tech from greater noida talking about best colleges in ghaziabad and noida i will recommend u
    1)galgotiya
    2)ajay kumar garg
    3)krishna institute of technology(kiet)
    4j.s.s. noida
    5)a.b.e.s ghaziabad
    these all colleges have good placemant as well as good studying atmosphere..........

if ur son is eligible for central councelling then attend that first b'cz he might get n.i.t after applying obc kota
    if he dont gets nit then u should try for state engeering colleges....
    gurgaon institute of technology gugaon is also a good institute
    and if ur son is good at studies than he can do coaching for 1 yr and can appear next yr
    if u apply for d.u. then it will be good for ur son
    Last edited by chaudharyANKUR; June 1st, 2009 at 08:49 PM.
    ankur(lucky)

Hello sir

Apart from the good education provided by the college, have a look at the environment in the Institute before making a decision. As now a days its important that you should come out as a disciplined person in whatever you do.

One of the Engineering Colleges i came across which i assume is the most disciplined college in UP and also ranked high with Good Faculty is SRMSCET(Shri Ram Murti Smarak College of Engineering and Technology), Bareilly.

I can recommend that college as i have invested my 4 years in that college. It also provides admission through their separate Exam for management seats if the person hasn't written the SEE-UPTU exam.
    I Can, I Will, No Excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by choudharyneelam View Post
    Sir, there are many fields.....

Hotel Mgmt
    Media n Mass Communication
    BBA CAM, BBA International Business + BCA
    Design courses like Animation Film Design, Graphic Design, Machine Design etc.

If the child had scored good marks in +2 then ask him to apply in Delhi University for some Hons course among which statistics hons is of good option through which he can enter into reputed areas of govt. sector as well as pvt. sector. But, there are only 8 or 10 colleges in DU offering this course.

Exactly, and definitely there will be more

Thanks Neelam for answering the question asked from me.

regards

There are two important Questions in Corporate World
    "WHAT" and "HOW"

Bosses and Leaders usually able to answer both and secure high ranks
    in a company and order their subordinates "WHAT" to do.

Successful subordinates put their efforts to find out "HOW" to do that "WHAT".

And those who can not answer both of these questions there is no significance or importance of them in Corporate world.

more than 12 years I have been in this world including 7 years out side India - Indonesia, Singapore, HK, and Europe worked for almost all big companies TATA IBM, ITC, AVERY, HCL, Hewlett Packard, Siemens, Barcardi-Martini, Philips, Fuzi Films, TATA UNISYS and I learned this formula from top bosses of those companies as I got the chance to work with VPs and GMs there Specially my all time favorite Boss Mr. KL Chug who was chairman of ITC when I was there and I just entered into corporate world and started learning corporate culture.

Quote Originally Posted by rajivsp View Post
    Exactly, and definitely there will be more

Thanks Neelam for answering the question asked from me.

regards
    My pleasure

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.
    Guess the question was about a just 12th paas guy who is just yearning to get into some college and start exploring life. The lessons of "corporate world" should come much later.
    There is a right time for everything.

I pretty much liked what Ajay had to write about the topic , a "good" student would never need to talk about any other thing than himself.

I had a very simple "funda" ( so to say) for performance. Wherever you are , do your best and you would certainly end up in some good place. It is only about putting in your best effort because you cannot do anything more!

If the guy in question is not willing to drop an year , then he should get admission in any of college ( what he considers best , know I am talking vague here , sorry for that becasue I am not sure of colleges in Haryana ) and do his best.

First understand what engineering is , slowly grasping the things and then may be later take advices from some of the "corporate" experts who have the experience of 10 big names in 12 years. For sure "stability" lesson is not in the package!

I think I have used wrong word at wrong place "Corporate" , Just replace Corporate with Life. I apologize if it has created confusion here.

In our life as soon as we come to know "WHAT" we want to become is better and then start finding ways "HOW" to achieve that "WHAT". I think this is one of the proven formula to get success in life.

"WHAT" and "HOW" could be replaced by "GOAL" and "AVAILABLE RESOURCES" also.