Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dual Sim/Dual Tech Mobile Phone

Email Verification Pending
    Login to view details.

Lightbulb Dual Sim/Dual Tech Mobile Phone

Let us discuss something about dual sim (GSM+GSM)/dual tech (CDMA+GSM). I feel it is a really good topic to discuss. If someone has any experience of using dual sim or dual technology handsets, please share here.

Please explain a little bit technical difference between GSM and CDMA also.

Regards,
    Manoj

dual sim is realy a good technology..........it first came here with chinesses phones.........bt now spice and others has also launched their dual sim phones.........
    साधू सा आलाप कर लेता हूँ ,
    मंदिर जाकर जाप भी कर लेता हूँ ..
    मानव से देव ना बन जाऊं कहीं,,,,
    बस यही सोचकर थोडा सा पाप भी कर लेता हूँ :rock:rock

A dual SIM mobile phone is one which has two Subscribers Identity Modules (SIMs).
    Dual-SIM operation allows the use of two services without the need to carry two phones at the same time. For example, the same handset can be used for business and private use with separate numbers and bills; or for travel, with an additional SIM for the country visited.

GSM (Global System for Mobile communications: originally from Groupe Spécial Mobile) is the most popular standard for mobile phones in the world. GSM is used by over 3 billion people across more than 212 countries and territories. Its ubiquity makes international roaming very common between mobile phone operators, enabling subscribers to use their phones in many parts of the world. In GSM both signaling and speech channels are digital, thus a second generation (2G) mobile phone system. This has also meant that data communication was easy to build into the system.
    GSM networks operate in a number of different frequency ranges
    • 2G GSM networks operate in the 900 MHz or 1800 MHz bands.
    • Some countries in the Americas (including Canada and the United States) use the 850 MHz and 1900 MHz bands because the 900 and 1800 MHz frequency bands were already allocated.
    • 3G GSM networks in Europe operate in the 2100 MHz frequency band
    Code division multiple access (CDMA) is a channel access method utilized by various radio communication technologies.
    One of the basic concepts in data communication is the idea of allowing several transmitters to send information simultaneously over a single communication channel. This allows several users to share a bandwidth of frequencies. This concept is called multiplexing. CDMA employs spread-spectrum technology and a special coding scheme (where each transmitter is assigned a code) to allow multiple users to be multiplexed over the same physical channel. The modulated coded signal has a much higher data bandwidth than the data being communicated.
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

Dear Satya Dev
    Thanx for very Informative Lines, but advise which is good over all makes a goot set ----carries a combination of Two GSM Set v/s one GSM+ one CDMA etc.
    Also any possibility of three sim or four sim like--just curious to know.

Thanx
    Apne to Apne Hote Hain

Login to view details.
    There are few models e.g. SPICE D88, Samsung Duos, etc. can carry 1 GSM + 1 CDMA SIMs, is anybody using any of this kind of sets? If yes then, how are you finding it?

Does someone has any idea about Melbon brand of mobile? Melbon also has such kind of products.

Regards,
    Manoj

Login to view details.
    Hi manoj
    I am using melbon dual sim phone it is fine but the bad thing about this one is battery backup it does'nt have much you have to charge it everyday and if talk more even twice a day

Sukhbir Ji, GSM+CDMA dual SIM is better than others.
    As far as I know there are no phone with three or four SIM facility.
    One suggestion, why don't you opt for 3G mobiles they are better.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sukhbir1 View Post
    Dear Satya Dev
    Thanx for very Informative Lines, but advise which is good over all makes a goot set ----carries a combination of Two GSM Set v/s one GSM+ one CDMA etc.
    Also any possibility of three sim or four sim like--just curious to know.

Thanx
    "Similia Similibus Curentur"

ram ram bhaiyo? kya nokia mein aisa koi mobile aata hai india mein dual sim wala...?

Login to view details.
    hi all

their is one phone i saw yesterday in news paper with 2 GSM + 1 CDMA on home shop 18.

Aneesh

Quote Originally Posted by andyjat View Post
    hi all

their is one phone i saw yesterday in news paper with 2 GSM + 1 CDMA on home shop 18.

Aneesh
    aneesh is it nokia phone? brother pls tell me the model no. i like only nokia phones can anyone tell how to type in hindi on jatland i want to type posts in hindi thank you

Thnax a Ton my borth Satya G, yes, i m in use of 3G Samsung and just 2 days back purchased Nokia N97, which carries a memory of 32GB internal and 8GB external as per Nokia.
    This is phone is lying with Nokia Tech N Guru at Chandigarh to Get Transfer 9200 Contacts from my E90 to N97 from last 2 days but as per them only 4700 contacts can be transfered nd doing thier best to get transfer all contacts by getting experts advice. Any suggestion pl.

Thnanx and Regards
    Apne to Apne Hote Hain

Login to view details.
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnytewatia View Post
    aneesh is it nokia phone? brother pls tell me the model no. i like only nokia phones can anyone tell how to type in hindi on jatland i want to type posts in hindi thank you

Nokia mai nahi aath
    Spice mai aath hai.

bhaiyon , can any one of you suggest me a Good cdma + gsm phone. i am looking for the same from quite sometime. please suggest me a good handset. i have to carry two different phones all the time, its quite an hassel at times.
    " JAI DADA DEV "

BUddy i think GSM and CDMA ka difference Mr Arya ne bahut aacha likh diya hai,...as far as dual sim technology is concerned till now only samsung has launched dual sim fone in India,..and yes spice has also launched the same thing,...but i must tell u that all the fones are chinese made labelled only by different brands in India...!!
    Out of these only Samsung is a good brand .,or just wait and watch if there is a launching by sm good company.
    DeStInY LiE$ iN tHe $tReNgTh oF uR dReAm$...!!
    JAT ----------> JUSTICE AND TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by chandan View Post
    bhaiyon , can any one of you suggest me a Good cdma + gsm phone. i am looking for the same from quite sometime. please suggest me a good handset. i have to carry two different phones all the time, its quite an hassel at times.
    http://www.cyberindian.net/2007/08/1...-mobile-phone/

Intex ka pata nahi
    Samsung hang ho jata hai
    Spice is doing fine costing around 6k
    Dream is not what you see while sleeping. Dream is that which won't let you sleep

Quote Originally Posted by chandan View Post
    bhai ek baat khu
    alag alag theek rhege

call divert
    kar lia karo na
    ek se kaam chal jayega

Dual Sim........How much Successful

Dear All,

Thanks for discussing in this thread regarding dual sim handsets...........I read the thread of Mr. Satya Dev Arya mentioning that GSM + CDMA is better than others. I just want to ask that GSM + GSM handset is not good in Dual Sim phone series.

I give you the link......Currently Spice Telecom launches his low budget handsets in Dual Sim. Please tell which one is better.

http://www.spice-mobile.com/Models.aspx
    VIRENDER SINGH RATHEE

me_rathee@yahoo.co.in

"Success is never ending. Failure is never final"

Quote Originally Posted by rocky0036 View Post
    bhai ek baat khu
    alag alag theek rhege

call divert
    kar lia karo na
    ek se kaam chal jayega

bardey bhai, call divert mein koi fayda nahi, ek teh incoming kay paise lage se, ar dosri baat,dosra phone teh pher bhi gallaan rakhna ey pardega..because CDMA pey call rates sasti hai arr free call bhi hoti hai ...so divert is gonna create a mess..!! but thanks for the suggestion bro!!
    " JAI DADA DEV "

i am Using 2 GSm + 1 CDMA
    battery is a little bit problem but it supports Nokia battery nokia 5b it is again chinese one but Micromax people are also doing the same thing labelling the chinese set
    label on my phone is LEPHONE and it has the ime no also touch scree poor camera but strong sound and support upto 8 gb micro sd card

Thumbs up

bhaiyo, dual sim gsm+gsm ke liye Micromax ka mdel no. X250 and X225 hai. liken done main X250 thik hai. iska battery bachup bhi thik hai.

:rock:rock:rock:rock